Stuck on Valarie, need help

TheCaelondian

So I'm trapped on Terajuma Shore and stuck trying to beat Valarie, and this is getting ridiculous. My team is Lv45 all around, and I'm still getting nowhere. I've tried raising my Sewaddle to a Leavanny, but it's not evolving from Swadloon because it's capped at 45, and when I use a Reverse Candy on it, it undoes its happiness gains.

My available Grass Pokemon (I don't have any Leaf/Sun stones sadly):

* The Shadow Sewaddle raised to a Lv45 Swadloon with Protect / Will-o-Wisp / Leaf Blade / Bug Bite

* Nuzleaf Lv15 with Harden / Fake Out / Razor Leaf / Growth

* Lombre Lv30 with Fake Out / Water Sport / Bubble Beam / Nature Power (NP turns into Whirlpool here, right...?)

* Tangrowth Lv45 with Giga Drain / Wild Charge / Poison Powder / AncientPower (this thing can't seem to take even an Ice Beam without losing ~100 HP

Aside from that, I have a team of Swoobat, Greninja, Blaziken, Weezing, Gloom, and Pidgeot. Gloom has Sleep Powder, but that's all she has going for her; without a Leaf Stone, she's useless.

Any ideas?

Do you have any gourmet treats? If you do you can feed it to the swadloon to raise its happiness, also there are rock to mine on terajuma shore just save before mining and reset until you get a leaf stone. I managed to beat valerie almost solely with a ludicolo but unfortunately that's not an option until you can get back to gearen city

Her team is mostly made out of special attackers, if i am not mistaken, terajuma shore has dustox, with light screen, the special moves are all cut into half, if you are lucky enough to score a light clay from mining, equip one and reduce her attack into half for 8 turns, ice beam will not OHKO your tangrowth

Thing is your grass type is eating an ice beam unless it flies, which only Jumpluff can do atm...and he can't one-shot anything on Val's team as far as I know.

I think ice beam also gets a freeze bonus, which can ruin everything for you if you get frozen.

Wait up hold a minute now.

Swoobat? Does it have simple? And calm mind?

Because those two together can definitely help, and swoobat isn't penalized by the field, although Lanturn will be a big threat and swoobat won't be able to one-shot anybody unless he's +6 boost and even then Miltoic might be able to tank it.

Greninja isn't penalized by the field either...well as a water type. Maybe he can help too. Weezing has levitate, right? But he's slow anyway so he'll probably get outsped by most of Val's team. Still he's not a bad pokemon and poison can help out with Miltoic. Too bad we can't corrupt the water like in Reborn.

Pidgeot may be useful, it has roost or no? I don't use him like ever so I don't know his moveset too well. i know Unfezant was pretty useful for me.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

Do you have any gourmet treats? If you do you can feed it to the swadloon to raise its happiness, also there are rock to mine on terajuma shore just save before mining and reset until you get a leaf stone. I managed to beat valerie almost solely with a ludicolo but unfortunately that's not an option until you can get back to gearen city

I... kind of forgot about the Treats... -_-

Her team is mostly made out of special attackers, if i am not mistaken, terajuma shore has dustox, with light screen, the special moves are all cut into half, if you are lucky enough to score a light clay from mining, equip one and reduce her attack into half for 8 turns, ice beam will not OHKO your tangrowth

Tried that, Dustox kept eating attacks like they were Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Thing is your grass type is eating an ice beam unless it flies, which only Jumpluff can do atm...and he can't one-shot anything on Val's team as far as I know.

I think ice beam also gets a freeze bonus, which can ruin everything for you if you get frozen.

Wait up hold a minute now.

Swoobat? Does it have simple? And calm mind?

Because those two together can definitely help, and swoobat isn't penalized by the field, although Lanturn will be a big threat and swoobat won't be able to one-shot anybody unless he's +6 boost and even then Miltoic might be able to tank it.

Greninja isn't penalized by the field either...well as a water type. Maybe he can help too. Weezing has levitate, right? But he's slow anyway so he'll probably get outsped by most of Val's team. Still he's not a bad pokemon and poison can help out with Miltoic. Too bad we can't corrupt the water like in Reborn.

Pidgeot may be useful, it has roost or no? I don't use him like ever so I don't know his moveset too well. i know Unfezant was pretty useful for me.

Swoobat has Klutz, unfortunately, and I'm fresh out of Capsules. It does have Calm Mind, and I tried setting up on a sleeping Politoed. Got to +3 against it, but Lanturn killed me.

Greninja didn't do much of anything, except with X-Scissor against Slowbro.

Weezing actually managed to take Lapras with him thanks to Destiny Bond, thus eliminating the biggest problem I had with her team.

Gloom's Sleep Powder combined with her and Tangrowth's Giga Drain attacks took out Politoed and Lanturn.

Milotic actually died to Lombre, Fake Out first turn and Whirlpool second. Thanks to some unbelievable luck hax, Milotic didn't kill Lombre till she hit like 20% health, and Swoobat finished her.

Her last Pokemon? I forget what it was, but it probably died easily.

TL;DR - I finally beat Valarie through cheap tactics and raising a couple Pokemon to the level cap.