aqualady

To answer your second question: Rejuvenation is a fan-game made my a fan of Reborn (Jan). Both of these games feature field effects and overall more challenging game-play compared to the main games. These games are not connected besides the occasional references to Reborn geography in Rejuvenation.

It's up to you which one you want to play first. I love them both!

Depends what you're looking for. If you're looking for something to ease into the difficult of either fan-made game, go for Rejuvenation. There is an option for easier and more advanced difficulties. Though if you really want a big challenge, go for Reborn. And if you REALLY want a rough time, Rejuvenation has a "Hard" difficulty. It rises to the name.

Depends what you're looking for. If you're looking for something to ease into the difficult of either fan-made game, go for Rejuvenation. There is an option for easier and more advanced difficulties. Though if you really want a big challenge, go for Reborn. And if you REALLY want a rough time, Rejuvenation has a "Hard" difficulty. It rises to the name.

Even Reborn's Hardcore mod isn't as difficult as Rejuvenation's intense mode. But I'd say Reborn has the better story while Rejuvenation has far superior gameplay. Both are exceptional games, but I do prefer Reborn a bit more due to the story. You'll get a blast out of either one you start with.

Play both. Both are not completed yet, but you can finish one, then play the other while you wait for one to release an episode. If you beat the current episode in both, you can check out the Fan Game Expose, or just hang around the forums. But it's not like one of the games is the sequel to the other or anything.

They both rock. Reborn is the main game here, with gameplay up to 13 gyms and a Level 80 final cap. Reborn has a more developed story than Rejuvenation, though it's got its flaws, and is based around the villainous Team Meteor and the artificially induced Mega Evolution PULSE machines.

Rejuvenation has 7 gyms completed thus far, with a level cap of... 60? 55? Feel free to fact check me on this one. Anyway, Rejuvenation has much nicer spritework in my opinion, with a metric crapload of custom sprites for everything. The player characters in Rejuvenation are based off of Curtis and Yancy, two sidequest characters from B2W2 - your mom's name is even Nancy, Yancy's "TV name" in the aforementioned DS game. In Rejuvenation, you battle the malevolent Team Xen, and fight to stop their plot, involving dimensional rifts and Shadow Pokémon.

In my opinion, you should play Rejuvenation first on Normal, to get used to the difficulty, then play Reborn.

Reborn's story didn't appeal to me at all. Saving the world theme is being done to death in many different ways. The game have a huge cast but every character felt that it had it's own personality and entity. Gameplay wise is very good too.

Rejuvenation is awesome. IDK, something in this game shock me in a way that Reborn didn't. The Insane Mode is ridiculously hard and fun. The Shadow Pokes is a interesting mechanic and this game was inspire by Reborn, yet, it doesn't feel like a carbon copy at all. The game have it's own personality and you feel it while you are exploring the very 1st city. I can't talk about the story just yet, haven't even reach 2nd gym.

Nonetheless, start with Reborn, them pick up Rejuvenation and play it on Insane Mode. If you decide to start with Rejuvenation on Insane Mode... I hope you are a competitive player lol.

Personally, I started with rejuvenation, mainly because that was the game I found first (yeah, I actually managed to find rejuvenation on the reborn forums before I found reborn and realized later I was looking at the site referring to the game my boyfriend played atm),

Anyways, there's no real advice to give I believe. If you've got a hell of a lot of time, go for reborn - because you will need that and it won't disappoint you.

If you've got a lot of time but not actually a real lot, go for rejuvenation - because it's just eight badges yet and it won't disappoint you either.

In Reborn most secrets are found by the community, there are a whole bunch of nice videos on youtube explaining how to get those event 'mons. You don't have that in rejuvenation just yet (and I don't know how many secrets there actually are - if any - that get close to the ridiculousnes of some of those in reborn *yeah, I'm looking at you, beldum*).

Both storys are awesome, both games get you hooked up. I also like the sprites and the general look of rejuvenation a little more, but seriously, you won't care for long.

Anyhow: Just download both - there's always the chance some pokemon get axed in the next version ;P

Edited by Schabiri

They are both very similar and amazing in terms of what you get from your usual pokemon experience.

I started with Reborn, because rejuv just came out this year!

I think Reborn is best played first, as a lot of Rejuv is simply built off Reborn.

Reborn will seem a bit closer to a vanilla game off the bat, and by the end you'll be ready for Rejuv's crazy characters etc