AMVs (Anime Music Videos)

Meruem

I'm sure most of you are already familiar with this type of media. If not, AMVs are music videos (no shit) that became pretty popular on social media sites such as youtube, where clips from certain animated shows are edited and synchronized with a fitting or contrasting song.

To be honest, I wasn't very fond of these when I got into the media, but over time I started enjoying them more and more for either one of two reasons:

- after completing an anime that I really liked, it feels very refreshing to watch an AMV and sometimes interpret all of the meanings that may be hidden in it.

- if I haven't watched an anime that is featured in an AMV, sometimes it might be so good editing-wise that it gets me into watching said anime and enjoy it, something I probably wouldn't have done if I hadn't stumbled across it.

This thread serves for anything that is related to AMVs. You can share your favorite ones here, discuss their impact on the anime media, how they have affected your experience with anime or even share your own AMVs, if you've done any. For now, here are two I especially like:

Shinsekai Yori

Bakemonogatari

Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson

Game- Phoenix Wright

This Love, This Hate - Hollywood Undead

Anime - Soul Eater

Shake That! - Scooter

Random Assortment of Anime

This is Halloween (Cover) - Marylin Manson (originally by Danny Elfman)

Anime - Soul Eater

omfg I love amvs. I, too, used to watch them after finishing an anime that I liked so that I could remember the important parts. Nowadays, I watch them because of all the sick editing and how creative they can be. They are also cool to watch when your high

I have like a huge ass list of Amvs I like but some of my all time favorites are

Trace of Dream

Fire in the Sky

Buried love

Each moment

Steel Fender

Well it's technically not an AMV because it's not anime, but I made this a while back.

Yes, I know it's a stereotypical Linkin Park AMV, but I thought the lyrics really worked well with the game. Give it a watch, you might like it. Plus, it's in HD.

One of my personal favorites

I think Cory in the House was one of the darker anime to come out in its time. The song truly reflects the emotions conveyed during the tales of presidents and electric guitars.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Behold, Prisma Illya in all its glory:

Empty Eyes:

Probably the worst of the three I've got here in terms of AMv-ness. The author covered it pretty well in the video's description so I'll just let you read that if you care to know what issues I have with it. But bonus points for using my favorite Within Temptation song

Faceless:

Conversely, this is probably the best one here. It's just all-around really well done (it helps that the Bazett fight is probably the second best fight scene in the series)

Sexual Desire:

And then this one is my favorite, mostly because it's about Kuro, and Kuro is awesome

Also another Railgun:

• 8 months later...

Lovely timing Sheep, I was just wanting to share this

I swear, this is just way too perfect

Also have some of my tears while I'm here:

Y'know what, just take my AMV list before I post the whole thing

INB4 I derped and it's private, not unlisted Not all of these are good, and I actually hate one but I always end up singing along with it so it's somehow still there...