My gym leader sprites for a game I want to make

Vinny615

Hey everyone! So I have a story and plot and what not in mind for a game I want to make. Since I cannot not learn how to code and do all the fun danky wanky stuff with coding a game I made some of the gym leaders instead and I felt like showing you guys. Yeah, yeah I know most are just recolors with different hair and what not. Oh yeah please don't steal lol thanks

(12/18)

Edit: Okay so I've finished all Gym leader battle sprites and mug shots :] What do you all think?

post-57756-0-65482900-1441045773_thumb.png

Edited by Vinny615

Nice! The Candace sprite looks super cute. c: I hope you follow through with making it one day, coding really isn't as hard as it looks if you stick to the basics! Don't let your dreams be dreams!

Nice! The Candace sprite looks super cute. c: I hope you follow through with making it one day, coding really isn't as hard as it looks if you stick to the basics! Don't let your dreams be dreams!

Thanks :] I plan on searching for a tutorial that can teach me everything about coding. Hopefully I'll do it soon and not push it off lol

You really don't need that much coding experience to make an RPGMakerXP game. If you want to make a different sort your might need more but Pokemon Essentials has almost all of the scripts you need.

You really don't need that much coding experience to make an RPGMakerXP game. If you want to make a different sort your might need more but Pokemon Essentials has almost all of the scripts you need.

That's good to hear lol

These are phenomenal.

Why don't you pair up with someone who knows how and just do all the map design and spriting

That sounds like a good idea, the only thing is that I'm pretty sure that they would want to do their story, I already have a story in mind.

With the exception of scripting you can learn a lot from just playing around. I'd download RPGMakerXP (there is a 30 day free trial) and Pokemon Essentials then see what you can do. Atomic Reactor also has a series on how to use pokemon essentials.

With the exception of scripting you can learn a lot from just playing around. I'd download RPGMakerXP (there is a 30 day free trial) and Pokemon Essentials then see what you can do. Atomic Reactor also has a series on how to use pokemon essentials.

yeah i've check out some episodes of his. Also there is a way to get RPGMakerXP for free. I just don't remember how too

yeah i've check out some episodes of his. Also there is a way to get RPGMakerXP for free. I just don't remember how too

You can use a free trial for 30 days. You can pirate it as well, though I'd obviously recommend you don't. Pirated versions are known to have some issues. If you want it cheap, wait for it to be on sale through Steam. I got mine for $4.99 a couple of years ago, though I hear it can go for as low as $2.99.

You can use a free trial for 30 days. You can pirate it as well, though I'd obviously recommend you don't. Pirated versions are known to have some issues. If you want it cheap, wait for it to be on sale through Steam. I got mine for $4.99 a couple of years ago, though I hear it can go for as low as $2.99.

That's great to hear, I'll have to look at steam thanks for letting me know!

Buying it through Steam will make it slightly harder to implement Essentials. Also, Sun, I have a pirated version but it works fine. (The support team are really stupid... Spend $60 for 2 keys yet it didn't work.)

Pretty sure I have a pirated version too, I havent really got into depth with the program but it defiantly looks okay as of now

Hey everyone! So I have a story and plot and what not in mind for a game I want to make. Since I cannot not learn how to code and do all the fun danky wanky stuff with coding a game I made some of the gym leaders instead and I felt like showing you guys. Yeah, yeah I know most are just recolors with different hair and what not. Oh yeah please don't steal lol thanks

(12/18)

So I just got done finishing the gym leaders, here are 6 new gym leaders!

post-57756-0-15019300-1440884998_thumb.png

Nice new gym leader sprites. These are really good and I'd love to see them in a game.

As a side note- please try to avoid double posting. Not a big issue but editing you previous posts to add more detail is the easiest way to avoid it.

Buying it through Steam will make it slightly harder to implement Essentials. Also, Sun, I have a pirated version but it works fine. (The support team are really stupid... Spend $60 for 2 keys yet it didn't work.)

How so? It doesn't make it difficult at all. And pirated versions have problems with reading some audio formats and importing tilesets. Not in all cases, though.

How so? It doesn't make it difficult at all. And pirated versions have problems with reading some audio formats and importing tilesets. Not in all cases, though.

They keep on asking and saying; "What is your problem" "Oh, we will look into it."