• Gastrodon
    • Octilery
    • Ludicolo
    • Floatzel
    • Samurott
    • Walrein
    • Swampert
    • These all suck! I'll give a better option below

So....Since V6 changed A LOT early game (also some stuff in-between) I decided to do a fresh start (like many others)

Along the way I found out that (sadly) Shadow Froakie was no longer available due to it being now available as a starter (So no Dual Starter combo for me, so sad)

But it was fine, since Shadow Tympole came through for me....But now, after Angie he is just not cutting it as much as before so I decided to replace him....

BUUUUTTTT Not many pokes available can learn Surf AND keep my Team Synergy...And I just cant make a decision....So I though....Lets have someone else tell me what to do! I mean, ask for opinions :Kappa:

So, after some searching, these are my 9 (somewhat viable) options:

279MS.pngPelliper: I know- "Why switch to a Pokemon with lower BST?"...Pelliper is somewhat less bulky than Seismitoad, but gets access to Hurricane, Stockpile, Roost, Protect and a bunch of "good" moves...It is a option...Although maybe not the best...Still, I decided to include it;

340MS.pngWhiscash: Included for the same reasons as Pelliper... While weaker than Seismitoad, gets a wide range of moves by Level Up, including Earthquake and Rest..Downside is I'd have to make it Mixed, which is the main reason I am considering Boxing Seismitoad in the first place;

423MS.pngGastrodon: Good typing, like Seismitoad, but lower movepool...I'd have to resort to either Pure Special with Mud Bomb or Mixed with Dig as the 2nd STAB move...Also, really slow;

224MS.pngOctilery: High Attacking stats and varied movepool make him one of the better options...Only downside is again, Speed;

272MS.pngLudicolo: Another good option, although I'd have to breed Giga Drain onto him (not relativily hard)...Other than that, only downside is coverage and bulk;

419MS.pngFloatzel: Included for the sake of options. High attack and Speed and Decent Sp.Atk..Could be run Mixed...Downsides- Frail and Low Movepool other than Surf itself, Ice Fang and Crunch;

Now the options with Higher BST

503MS.pngSamurott: Bulkier than Octilery and similar atacking Stats...But again, Movepool not the greatest... Megahorn though is a plus;

365MS.pngWalrein: Rounded stats, High HP and Frost Breath put him as one of the best options...I can also breed for Signal Beam;

260MS.pngSwampert: The best option as of now... Although I'd have to run it mixed, which is not as bad as it sounds (unless I was tricked and the Sludge Wave TM is not actually available);

For reference the rest of my team is as follows:

257MS.pngBlaziken- Bulk Up, High Jump Kick, Blaze Kick, Shadow Claw/Poison Sweep(I switch them around as needed)

429MS.pngMismagius- Power Gem, Shadow Ball, Perish Song, Pain Split

181MS.pngAmpharos- Power Gem, Signal Beam/Dragon Pulse (not sure which to keep), Discharge, Thunder Wave

576MS.pngGothitelle- Charge Beam, Psyshock, Psychic, Fake Tears

465MS.pngTangrowth- Ancient Power, Giga Drain, Wild Charge, Growth

I also plan to change Tangrowth for Krookodile and Gothitelle for Gardevoir as soon as the game allows....

Fell free to offer any other suggestions as well

Ludicolo.

Since you are going to replace tangrowth, ludocolo fits in the category.

He isn't too bad really, with right moves.

The moveset, nature and ability.

Nature: Timid or modest.

Ability: Switch swim.

This makes ludocolo here a fastly pokemon if when rain is activated. But wait, what happened if you don't have the rain weather.

Then it's time for the moveset.

- Rain Dance

- Giga Drain(Breed)

- Hydro pump

- Fake out

Rain dance is a perfect move for ludo here that will increase the speed nice. I say it can take some nice hit really.

Giga drain and hydro pump for stab move.

Fake out for it's priority move.

That's all from me.

I also plan to change Tangrowth for Krookodile and Gothitelle for Gardevoir as soon as the game allows....

Fell free to offer any other suggestions as well

Just an FYI, even though it's not really related to the question, Sandile is in the game. I'll leave it up to you to find him

Just an FYI, even though it's not really related to the question, Sandile is in the game. I'll leave it up to you to find him

I am aware of that fact, hence the plan to use him...By "game allows" I meant when I get to the cave :P

Ludicolo for sure, you have Ampharos and Blaziken weak to EQ and other ground types, so it would be a good counter; its flying weakness is covered by ampharos, the only downside is that you get an additional pokemon with poison weakness (assuming you put in gardevoir too), but that's not the end of the world since you're putting in krookodile

Edited by Oracle

If i recall, it was a mudkip event in wispy ruins.

Just finding him around the ruins;basically hide and seek.

Yes, you can catch it after chasing it around in the Wispy Ruins...You need rock climb though

Oh, right! I completely forgot. Thank you :)