Pokémon Infinite Fusion: A game where you can fuse any two Pokémon together!

Schrroms

Most of you probably know the Pokemon Fusion generator. Well I'm making a game that takes every single possible fusion from there and gives each one stats/movepools/types/Evolution lines, and everything else that regular Pokemon have.

DtMGk3l.png

Introduction

The game takes place in the Kanto region. Two years prior to the events of the game, Team Rocket introduced a virus in the wild that caused wild Pokemon to mutate and fuse with each other. Ever since, fused Pokémon can be found anywhere in the region and they have become very popular with local trainers.

The game follows the plot or R/B fairly closely, but you can find fused Pokemon in the wild or even fuse any two Pokemon with each other at any time using DNA Splicers,

There is a total of 22 801 Pokémon in the game, each of them with unique characteristics.

Features

• Wild fused Pokemon
  • Fusing any two Pokemon with DNA Splicers
  • Kanto region completely remade in Gen 5 graphics
  • Random wild double battles
  • An average of 50+ different kind of Pokemon in each area
  • Fairy type
  • Several new areas in Kanto, including underwater areas, Cinnabar volcano, an expended Safari Zone, and more!
  • HMs only require having a Pokemon that CAN learn the move *
  • Battling facility where you can face teams of random Pokémon *
  • Unreal time system (like Harvest Moon) *
  • Random weather *
  • Nicknaming Pokemon from the party screen *
  • And a lot more!

*These features are not yet in the game as of the current demo

Screenshots

GmDlvT3.png

Videos

Demo

I currently have a demo of the game available. It goes up to the third badge and has around 5 hours of Gameplay.

A new demo that will go up to the 6th badge is planned to be released this Autumn (I will update the thread in due time, don't worry)

1.6.0 Full download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7p53srs2ks2ibhc/InfiniteFusion_1.6.7z

You can also check the game's threads on RelicCastle and Pokecommunity for more info about the game!

Edited by Schrroms

I've seen this one on pokecommunity. Nice to see it here to. I'll probably play it at some point but I've played a few too many kanto games with special extras that I'm sick of playing through the region. I think I should leave it a while so I can play what I think will be a really enjoyable game and appreciate it fully.

Welcome to the Forums! I saw this on PokéCommunity, loved the demo.

Thanks! I'm working on a new demo that should go up to the 6th badge and add a bunch of new stuff. I should be ready to release it sometime in September/ early October.

>>"push the truck?"

okay brb downloading this

Haha yeah, this is a little easter egg I felt like including. You can't access it (without cheating) in the current demo though!

But there IS a surprise waiting for you when you push the truck!

I just found the most pointless fusion ever...

51.50.png

Digtrio

It's Diglett fused with Dugtrio...

I'm personally more a fan of Duglett!

VLOzF1T.png

This sounds super fun, will download later for sure! That being said, isn't 50 Pokemon per area a bit of overkill.....?

Ha! I put it there because it sounds impressive, but it's basically just a side-effect of how wild fusions encounters work.

For wild encounters, there's a 50/50 chance of encountering a fused 'mon (or maybe a different ration, I can't remember). Fused Pokemon can be any of the possible fusions between all Pokemon in a given area. So for an area with 7 different regular Pokemon, you'd have (7*6)+6 = 49 possible encounters, including fusions.

It seems like a lot, but it doesn't feel too overwhelming in my opinion since all of the wild encounters are basically just variations of the same few Pokemon.

Edited by Schrroms

• 4 weeks later...

So umm, leaving the Viridian City poke-mart places you inside of a lampost that you cannot get out of.

RIP being able to buy pokeballs early.

Edit for bugs:

Weechu crashes the game when starting to evolve. Sadface, I really wanted my bug/lightning combo with shield dust, would have been siiiiick.

Edited by WavesBlade

So umm, leaving the Viridian City poke-mart places you inside of a lampost that you cannot get out of.

RIP being able to buy pokeballs early.

Edit for bugs:

Weechu crashes the game when starting to evolve. Sadface, I really wanted my bug/lightning combo with shield dust, would have been siiiiick.

Aww man, I messed up the link to the demo for some reason and it linked to an older glitchy version. Really sorry about that.

II fixed the link so I suggest you redownload the game, otherwise you probably won't be able to get very far in the game!

Just wondering, how did you get all the thousands of fusions into the game? o . o Did you program them in 1 by 1, or does the fusion generator have the data for all of this itself, and you got it from there?

Basically I wrote a script that calculates all the values for fusion Pokémon by using the two original Pokémon's data and then that automatically writes the pokemon.txt that Essentials use for each fusion.

The only thing I got from the generator website are the sprites themselves.

Basically I wrote a script that calculates all the values for fusion Pokémon by using the two original Pokémon's data and then that automatically writes the pokemon.txt that Essentials use for each fusion.

The only thing I got from the generator website are the sprites themselves.

So sprites aside, how hard would it be to make a fusion for EVERY pokemon generation? What # of pokemon would that be? Millions?

So sprites aside, how hard would it be to make a fusion for EVERY pokemon generation? What # of pokemon would that be? Millions?

If it weren't for the sprites, it would literally be as easy as running the script and waiting a few minutes.

The whole problem is the sprites. I don't have the source code of the generator, so if I wanted to add more Pokémon, I would have to completely remake the generator from scratch.

There would be 7202 Pokémon (including non-fusions), so about half a million.

If Alexonsager ever adds more Pokemon to his generator (doubt it) or someone else makes a new generator with more Pokémon, I'll add the newer ones in a heartbeat!

Edited by Schrroms

in case anyone's curious, it is possible to make this work so that the fusion is but a form of the first base Pokemon rather than a Pokemon in and of itself (which would have led to things being a lot easier to find in the files). I wrote Schrroms an engine back on Pokecommunity that allowed this to work, which meant the game wouldn't take ten minutes to compile.

Problem with my engine was that it didn't use the standard Essentials format for the trainers.txt file, so Schrroms would have had to make changes himself and he didn't have time to do that. There was also a problem with how names would have been handled.

TL;DR: The way Schrroms is doing it is the best way.

Edited by Rot8er_ConeX

• 2 weeks later...

in case anyone's curious, it is possible to make this work so that the fusion is but a form of the first base Pokemon rather than a Pokemon in and of itself (which would have led to things being a lot easier to find in the files). I wrote Schrroms an engine back on Pokecommunity that allowed this to work, which meant the game wouldn't take ten minutes to compile.

Problem with my engine was that it didn't use the standard Essentials format for the trainers.txt file, so Schrroms would have had to make changes himself and he didn't have time to do that. There was also a problem with how names would have been handled.

TL;DR: The way Schrroms is doing it is the best way.

Ha! I don't know if it's the best. The certainly would've been more efficient ways to do this (hell, a better programmer could've made it so that Pokemon were even been fused dynamically in-game!) but it's the easiest way to manage it for me. Not to mention that changing engine so far into the development would've required lots of changes to be made!

I still wish I had the engine you made when I started working on the project! Maybe I'll use it if I ever make a sequel or something hahaha!

Ha! I don't know if it's the best. The certainly would've been more efficient ways to do this (hell, a better programmer could've made it so that Pokemon were even been fused dynamically in-game!) but it's the easiest way to manage it for me. Not to mention that changing engine so far into the development would've required lots of changes to be made!

I still wish I had the engine you made when I started working on the project! Maybe I'll use it if I ever make a sequel or something hahaha!

LOL, make one for Gen II?

Honestly, I was going to play this one, but it had those God-awful pokemon essentials default MIDIs, and I immediately turned it off.

I'm sure your game is fine otherwise, but I find those MIDIs to be the most ear-grating things ever and I'm tired of replacing them in almost every fangame ever.

Edited by aquawaffle

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I was going to play this one, but it had those God-awful pokemon essentials default MIDIs, and I immediately turned it off.

I'm sure your game is fine otherwise, but I find those MIDIs to be the most ear-grating things ever and I'm tired of replacing them in almost every fangame ever.

Haha yeah I should definitely change those. I actually find them really annoying too.

They were the one used by default by Essentials and I never bothered to change them. Will do soon.