To aru Railgun/Index

Felicity

Bleh! Dobby. Rename the thread, appropriately, please~

"To Aru Majutsu no Index/Kagaku no Railgun" would be a better and more complete name.

Or "ToAru Series" considering that we have the Accelerator manga too...

Edited by Hiss13

@Gore

Yes. I say it's still worth continuing. The biggest problems the series had were pacing and art style and while pacing is hard to improve upon (mainly due to the fact that it's a monthly series with a small number of pages per chapter), the art style has improved due to the artist getting more into practice. So yeah. Try to get back into it~

and don't worry. I don't murder people. Merely, guilt trip them~

:P

@Dobby

Now, you know this is one of my favorite franchises and I want the OP for the thread to do it justice. As such, I am going to write an OP for you to edit into the OP~

TRN13AZ.jpg?1

The ToAru franchise started in April 10, 2004 with the release of the first volume of the light novel written by the man under the pen name Kazuma Kamachi.

The novels tell the story of Kamijou Touma, a hapless young man with the Imagine Breaker living in Academy City, the city of science and esper powers, meeting Index, a girl from the mysterious world of magic.

With the generally positive response to the series, it continued to be published volume-by-volume. After the popularity of the series sky-rocketed in mid-2007 due to Volumes 12 and 13, a new side-story manga, centering around Misaka Mikoto, one of the series's most popular characters, was then announced and started serialized publication at the end of May 2007.

In October 2008, the first episode of the anime adaptation was released and ran for 24 episodes. A year after the first episode of Index, the first episode of the adaptation of the side story, Railgun, was released and ran for 24 episodes.

Predictably, Index gained enough momentum to have a second season which started a year after the debut of Railgun, which also ran for 24 episodes.

Two days after the debut of the second season of Index, however, the novel series, To Aru Majutsu no Index, released its final volume. However, around the time of the last few episodes of the second season, a part two to the series, entitled To Aru Majutsu no Index: New Testament, began it release and continues to this day with Volume 13 having just been released on July 10th, 2015.

On April 12, 2013, Railgun's second season, entitled Railgun S began. During the period in which Railgun S was airing, two new manga series were announced: To Aru Kagaku no Accelerator, which centers around Accelerator, and To Aru Nichijou no Index-san, a 4-koma comedy series shuffling around the series's main cast while focusing around Index and Touma.

And that's the short and skinny of the franchise~

Now, go. Discuss~

No, it's punishment for derailing the other thread. Don't like it, make one yourself

Well, that's a stupid punishment…besides, I'm pretty sure making two threads for the same thing is against the forum rules... Edited by Hiss13

i think we could still create a new one and kill this one

So, I should just create a new thread for the series seeing as how this one was derailed?

Why don't we just name it the Almighty Adorkable Railgun Fanclub and call it a night? owo

Because, I sadly do not like Mikoto enough to join a fan club for her. :P

Now, Touma, on the other hand...

Edited by Hiss13

Welp, I went and made a legit thread of legitness :D

This one should probs be merged or locked or whatever

Also no worries about not liking Railgun, we will brainwash you into liking her owo

Locked, preferably.

Though let me say that I used to dislike Mikoto with a passion. Now, I like her thanks to the most recent volume of the Index New Testament novels giving her some really powerful character development.

That being said, I'm still no fanatic. I merely like her character and appreciate it but nothing more.