Who's the Worst Pokemon?

Who's the worst pokemon out of the 721 we currently have? This is the topic where YOU can voice out your opinions on the things you want to happen so that, that pokemon can be improved or buffed in some way.

Corsola

- Why is it bad? 380 base stats, x4 weakness to grass, not-so-interesting design, and late game pokemon.

- How to improve? Add an evolution or buff some stats, make it early game (so that it's still interesting), add a backstory (why not?), and touch up the design.

It's YOUR turn to judge.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unown is definitively the worst fully evolved pokemon.

Luvdisc can at least use swift swim and toxic to its advantage and, y'know, DO something, but unown can only hit you with a fixed 60 damage move so it literally gets the fewest coverage of all pokemon, and there's only a 1/18 chance it will get STAB. On a 60 bp move, and with those stats. It can't boost any stat, it can't protect, it can't use status moves...

At least it can avoid EQ and stuff.

Unown is definitively the worst fully evolved pokemon.

Luvdisc can at least use swift swim and toxic to its advantage and, y'know, DO something, but unown can only hit you with a fixed 60 damage move so it literally gets the fewest coverage of all pokemon, and there's only a 1/18 chance it will get STAB. On a 60 bp move, and with those stats. It can't boost any stat, it can't protect, it can't use status moves...

At least it can avoid EQ and stuff.

Hell luvdisc can actually KO pokemon lol

Sunkern...

BST : 180 (30 in every stats)

Ability : Trollface

Moveset : Troll moves

It can do nothing on its own! It's even worse than Magikarp and Noibat because they evolve into awesome dragons! (though one of them technically isn't) Sunkern's evolution is also boring af.

I don't usually consider Sunkern the worst pokemon because it at least has the decency to evolve into Sunflora, which, despite weak, at least can have 4 actual moves, and no just hidden power xD

Another one I just remembered is Delibird: learns only one move that not only MIGHT heal your opponent, but even if it deals damage, it doesn't even get STAB. That's not how gimmicky learnsets are supposed to be. Its stats are only prevo-like, but it doesn't evolve, so it can't really do anything, and dies to a combination of stealth rock and any move (yeah, even not very effective ones can OHKO it). At least it can learn TMs and stuff.

Also, I just found a pic that represents most of my feelings towards these weak pokemon:

wsnkvgcjomqkr4t69dxt.png

I don't usually consider Sunkern the worst pokemon because it at least has the decency to evolve into Sunflora, which, despite weak, at least can have 4 actual moves, and no just hidden power xD

Another one I just remembered is Delibird: learns only one move that not only MIGHT heal your opponent, but even if it deals damage, it doesn't even get STAB. That's not how gimmicky learnsets are supposed to be. Its stats are only prevo-like, but it doesn't evolve, so it can't really do anything, and dies to a combination of stealth rock and any move (yeah, even not very effective ones can OHKO it). At least it can learn TMs and stuff.

Also, I just found a pic that represents most of my feelings towards these weak pokemon:

wsnkvgcjomqkr4t69dxt.png

Most of the weak pokemon are outright ugly.

Farfetch'd and Sigilyph. Farfetch'd is just relatively useless and Sigilyph is that one PKMN that you know is gonna be a pain whenever you see it. The only salvation for Farfetch'd is to give it some sort of evolution. As for Sigilyph, there's nothing actually to be done about it, just keep it our of random battles.

I always liked Kakuna and Caterpie tho, so cute.

*shudders*

If we're looking at straight BST, yeah, Sunkern's nothing to write home about - but what it lacks in stats it has in.....well...-somewhat- has in potential. Sunflora makes the 'Kern slightly better than Unown in that the ceiling is higher for the little guy, it gets access to a full moveset, and often disregarded is that Sunkern itself has the ability to make some noise in Little Cup given the right conditions.

Choice Specs Sunkern in the sun is actually somewhat effective. Unown is relagated to seeing NO viability in competitive play at all.

As much as I can see how Unown can be labeld the worst Pokemon, I somehow always found it to be a unique quirk in the Gen 2 games. It is (as far as I know) te first Pokemon to have different appearences and I kinda liked the Alph ruin puzzles and all the mistery surrounding them. Also they where practically used to demonstrate the Move Hidden Power.

No, which pokemon I truly despise would be Dunsparce.. sure, It's Stats are not that terrible and It's move pool isn't either, but seriously, What the frick is this thing? why does it have to be that ugly? I mean, Garbador will never win a beauty contest, but this thing has at least some visual qualities to it. But Dunsparce is just so...vacuous...

There is one thing for a pokemon to be ugly or competitively awful, but to be mediocre in any way is what makes you forget it ever existed. that is why Dunsparceis imho the worst Pokemon that ever existed