Manectric a good pick or not?

CrazySheriff

Pretty much as the title says, I am curious about Manectrics potential.

I heard (mostly in Reborn) that its a good pick, so I decided to go with it in this run. The ivs werent perfect (everything between 15 and 25), and the nature was neutral. But I have to say after completing the game that I was slightly dissapointed. Its peak was when it had learned Discharge and thats about it. I ended up mostly using it if I wanted to paral. something, and if I am lucky to score a decent hit. And also the Slow level rate didnt help in my eyes either. So I ask, was I wrong about it being good or was it simply my lacking skils that proved to be ineffective with it?

The moves I had where T.wave(just to be sure), Disharge, Wild Charge and Magma Drift.

Manectric is an meh Electric type to be honest, even though I love its design. Its movepool is pretty bad and doesn't really support its 105 SpA. Until we can get good TMs for it, I wouldn't try and use it unless its a last option.

You're better off with other electric types such as Ampharos or Magneton anyways.

:D Glad to know I'm not the only one who used Voltorb as well. Sonicboom spam ftw.

It does suck that so many Electric types have such terrible movepools that decrease their usage. Luxray is just like Manectric, a awesome looking mon but terrible moves.

In my case, i started to feel like it was underwhelming right after beating Valerie, but as i am kind of stubborn and i like using Pokémon i do like and not what, well, "works best", i came up with this little strategy:

Jellicent w/ Rain dance and Manetric with Thunder, that way it actually has a reliable STAB (and strong) move, this not only works on double battles (which i also have a Telepathy Noivern to help my wombo combos)

After all, you're making a team, right? Teamwork is important.

Edit: Almost forgot, my Jellicent has Hex, which destroys everything if my Manetric (that also has thunder wave) gets to parahax something.

Edited by Toufu Survivor

I'm not the biggest Manectric fan but it could definitely work.

Over in Reborn, most would box Manectric in favor or Magnezone or Ampharos. In Rejuvenation, Ampharos is gone and I forget if Megneton is able to evolve yet.

- Manectric's main issue is it's move-pool. On natural Level-Up, it learns Electric moves (best being Discharge), Fire Fang via Heart Scale, and Bite.

- By TM however, Manectric gets Volt Switch, Hidden Power, and Flamethrower. I'm not too keen on TM availability in Rejuvenation. I think there's a TM Guide somewhere.

All in all, Manectric is alright. Manectric requires TMs to have a "sufficient" move-set. As I always say, it's up to you how you want to play the game; use whatever you want and adapt to harder battles. :]

PS: Voltorb's cool

Edited by ShadowStar77

Glad to see that its not ALL to my lack of skill. As I said, I used it till the end (pretty much most of my team was from lvl 20 or so, my little family). So Voltorb/Electrode hm? If I am correct, wiith decent Iv/ev/nature it could actually be faster than some of Vals pokemon despite her field. WIll try him or Elekid next run :)

if you have time to breed for hp ice and all that stuff it's a nice mon. i personally got one with tbolt/voltswitch/flamethrower/hp ice back when you could breed tm moves that werent available into mons that can learn them. its ok, but if you're not gonna bother breeding it, go for heliolisk or emolga, those are better and easier to use.

Damn the hate on poor old Manectric, look most likely we will get its Mega soon, earlier than Ampharos' *Sigh* so it will become more useful, but overall its not a bad pokemon, yes there are slightly better options, which will soon most likely be 'Axed' due to overuse, (poor Toxicroak and Ampharos), poor Elekid and Magby is next, but its your choice, you have the internet, smogon and your own personal matter, i mean i wouldnt have picked Charizard if i was playing the game in a 'competive' fashion.

Damn the hate on poor old Manectric, look most likely we will get its Mega soon, earlier than Ampharos' *Sigh* so it will become more useful, but overall its not a bad pokemon, yes there are slightly better options, which will soon most likely be 'Axed' due to overuse, (poor Toxicroak and Ampharos), poor Elekid and Magby is next, but its your choice, you have the internet, smogon and your own personal matter, i mean i wouldnt have picked Charizard if i was playing the game in a 'competive' fashion.

I don't think axed is the right word, moved is better.

Axed means basically the pokemon removed from the game like magikarp and victini(don't ask me how that was in the game, even i don't know how.)

I don't think axed is the right word, moved is better.

Axed means basically the pokemon removed from the game like magikarp and victini(don't ask me how that was in the game, even i don't know how.)

'Axed' was more directed at Toxicroak, since it's Shadow got taken away :c, and 'how did Victini get into the game? :OOOO' (hahaha)

There are far better electric types out there, especially in reborn. You can get elekid-buzz-vire later on, but for early you can have raichu, and that sweet heliolisk. Of course magnezone and ampharos. Although my personal favorite is ThunderPunch Pure Power Medicham <3

'Axed' was more directed at Toxicroak, since it's Shadow got taken away :c, and 'how did Victini get into the game? :OOOO' (hahaha)

Jan i think misput as a mystery gift, and someone found out how and in the end yeah victini was there.

And yeah, axed in piece.

There are far better electric types out there, especially in reborn. You can get elekid-buzz-vire later on, but for early you can have raichu, and that sweet heliolisk. Of course magnezone and ampharos. Although my personal favorite is ThunderPunch Pure Power Medicham <3

What he said.

Also bit off topic, but hail shiny mega gardevoir lol.

I used a Manectric in my playthrough and to be honest I would've had a much harder time without because it outspeeded most other pokemon and I was able to paralyze them with thunder wave which is really good for the boss battles but over time it became weaker however I still enjoyed using it