Ampharos or Raichu

Heartless

Which would be better: A mixed lightning rod Raichu set with fake out, thunder punch, brick break, and Charge beam; Or Ampharos with cotton guard, power gem, dragon pulse, and discharge? I can't decide. I already beat ep 15, but I feel like I'll need a back up electric type.

ampharos ALL the way.

raichu aint fast. it needs a stone to evolve. and has a HORRIBLE moveset.

ampharos on the other hand. has more bulk. doesnt need speed. though it needs a stone too evolve. a MEGA stone >:]

ampharos mega is AWESOME!!!! STAB dragon pulse and nice and powerful dragon typing!

raichu on the other hand is a fucking disgusting ass rat that cant even get past NU lol, while amphros has a nice and powerful UU rating with the awesome mold breaker ability!!!

soo just go with the ampharos-flow. dont bother with a fatass tan pikachu ripoff evo

ampharos ALL the way.

ampharos on the other hand. has more bulk. doesnt need speed. though it needs a stone too evolve. a MEGA stone >:]

ampharos mega is AWESOME!!!! STAB dragon pulse and nice and powerful dragon typing!

raichu on the other hand is a fucking disgusting ass rat that cant even get past NU lol, while amphros has a nice and powerful UU rating with the awesome mold breaker ability!!!

soo just go with the ampharos-flow. dont bother with a fatass tan pikachu ripoff evo

Except you can't mega evolve in Reborn yet.

As much as I love Raichu, I have to admit that Ampharos will be more useful

I'd say raichu actually. Ampharos may be more bulky, but mono-electric lacks resistances to make the most of it's bulk. Also Raichu can learn grass knot which is handy for ground types which ampharos simply cannot beat. Your movesets leave a lot to be desired though. Use this instead

-Nasty Plot

-Thunderbolt/Discharge

-Grass Knot

-Hidden Power (Only if it's ice type)/Thunderwave

You get nasty plot from pichu at level 13, thunderwave on pikachu at level 18, and the rest via TM or heartscale. Gives you a quick boost and the ability to power through opposing trainers. thunderwave has good utility so if you don't have hidden power ice, take that instead.

Definitely Ampharos, although you might (?) want to consider signal beam on it.

Ampharos is MUCH bulkier, so Ampharos.

ampharos ALL the way.

Ampharos would be soo much better with not only a wider movepool and superior stats, but also a beautiful design :)

Got a good one: Thunder_zpslhwhgi0o.png Probably gonna have it as a slow, Powerful tank. Thank you for your options.