Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

IV Breeding

asterlicks

Question

Hello! I've done a search and I saw the general breeding guide, and I have a couple of more specific questions here.

In OR/AS and X/Y, there's a friend safari (mostly interesting because of Ditto, but all other Pokemon will do, as well,) that I believe gives you guaranteed 2 perfect IV's on wild Pokemon caught inside. Also, Pokemon that are in the "no eggs" category (Riolu, Mantyke, most Legendaries) have 3 guaranteed perfect IV's, as well. Because half of those guys evolve based on happiness, you can get a big head start on breeding for IV's by starting with half of the progress done already.

I'm not sure what "extra" tools are available in Reborn (Everstone, Destiny Knot, Power Items, Nature Shuffler, Ability Capsule, no IV stones though), and was hoping for some clarification. Is it possible to do anything more efficient than:

- Pick a Pokemon of interest. If it's a female, catch a bunch of male Pokemon in the same Egg Group. If it's male, breed with Ditto until you get a female, and do the same as the above. (Have a synchronizer for the correct nature, and go until you have a 31 in each IV you care about.)

- Take the female of the Pokemon you want and a male with the correct nature, and breed the two with the male holding an everstone until you get a female with the correct nature.

- Breed this new female (holding an everstone) with a male with a perfect IV (holding the correct Power item) until you get a female. This female should have the correct nature +1 perfect IV.

- Continue this pattern with a "better" female holding an everstone plus a male with a good IV holding a Power item, until you get a 2-3 IV female of the correct nature.

- At this point, you want to repeat the process, except reversing the genders, until you get a male with 2-3 perfect IV's in different categories and the correct nature

- Breed your 2-3 IV female with a 2-3 IV male, with one holding an everstone, and the other one holding a Destiny Knot.

- Hatch a bunch of eggs until you can get a 4-5 IV Pokemon, replacing either parent with an offspring if it has "better" IV's.

- Continue until you can get a 5 IV Pokemon. Slap a Power item on it, and go grind EV's! Egg moves should be done before EV breeding, and TM's don't carry over anymore (not that there's a lot of super strong ones atm, I think.)

Whew! I apologize, I haven't actually bred for stats since Ruby/Saphire, so I don't know if I'm missing anything here. Basically, is there any easy way in Reborn to get a Pokemon with 2-3 perfect IV's, or any non-event wild Ditto so you don't have to go and "re-catch" single-perfect IV's for each egg group?

3 answers to this question

Just for clarification, the Everstone can be found while mining. The Destiny Knot and the Power Items can be bought at the Department Store. There's a Pokemon Psychologist on 7th Street who can change the Natures of Pokemon for the cost of one Heart Scale. Ability Capsules can be found throughout the region.

No, there isn't any easy way to go about it. If you plan on IV breeding, good luck!

I do recall hearing about some sorta glitch in E14 that made getting perfect IVs super easy? Never cared much about IVs though, so try the search feature for more details.

Speaking of Bugs, I think there were also some bugs with Destiny Knot+Some Power Item or 2 Power Items. They're likely fixed by know, but that can be something to keep in mind if you decide to go back to pre-E13 for TM moves.

But when it comes to what tools we have, of all you listed, only IV Stones aren't available, everything else is.

EDIT: Oh, and we have Cheat Engine to greatly speed everything up. It's mostly fine, but if you wanna be 100% sure your save doesn't get corrupted or anything, just don't save while sped up and you're good (you can set hotkeys for specific speeds in CE)

Edited by Etesian

You don't have anything missing from the list for Reborn and there's no easy way to go about getting anything with perfect IVs except soft resetting and recatching. Especially in the case of Ditto. The one bit of advice I can contribute is to carry around a pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor in your party to make eggs hatch faster.

It's just going to take a lot of time and effort on your part. Best of luck.