So how did YOU beat Narcissa?

I beat Narcissa (barely) with:

A lvl 38 hitmonlee (yes a hitmonlee)

A disobedient lvl 41 Torterra (lewls)

Lvl 15 Fodder Nuzleaf

Lvl 33 Torkoal

Lvl 36 Butterfree

Lvl 37 Meowstic

Needless to say, this proved to be rather difficult for my team and required quite a few soft resets.

How did you fare?

I struggled a ton until I realized that the Raticates that you can find in the gym are a god-send because they are immune to ghost and have so many useful dark moves like crunch and sucker punch.

I had Blaziken, but it only took me so far thanks to Chandelure. I also trained a Sharpedo an an unused Houndor, but I kinda forgot how I got past her Mismagius. I think I Toxic-stalled her out with Vileplume/Gloom, at which she eventually switched it out, which gave me the opening to raid the rest with SB Fiery Chicken. Meowstic did nothing, and I forgot which was my sixth member.

On intense mode, I went with the following one for one match ups.

Gengar -> Mr. Mime. Survived a poison move, one shot with Psychic.

Doublade -> cofagrigus #1. Survived the ghost move thanks to naturally high special defense, one shot with Shadow Ball

Chandelure -> Graveler. Survived Energy Ball with Sturdy, full attack EVs and high natural attack one shot with Earthquake.

Rotom -> cofagrigus #2. Survived Ghostly Wail, one shot with Shadow Ball

Mismagius,Dusclops -> Swawsbuck.

Neither of her last pokemon can do real damage against Swasbuck.

Leech Seed -> Horn Leech to heal and Feint Attack when out of pp. Drink pots against Dusclops, he is super pesky.

In my kill attempt, she switched out Mismagius at about 20 percent health, so when Mismagius came back in I just finished it with any pokemon that was fast.

Edited by MetrololAce

KOed her gengar, used a muk to poison her next pokemon and then venom drench spammed to cripple the next pokemon (using a few potions), then sent out a simple swoobat to calm mind*3 + substitute on the cripple pokemon and sweep (iirc only the mismagius outsped the woobat and the substitute tanked the hit from the mismagius, though it probably could have survived an actual hit too with +6 special defense). Setup sweeping is really easy against all of the gym leaders if you have the right tools for it on your team because the AI is stupid and doesn't know how to switch properly.