StarryD

::Pokemon Redemption:: [Episode 1 Release] Ver 1.0

Downloading right now

The idea sound interesting in regards of HOW the original Elite 4 and Champ are determined.

All we always get is "They are the strongest trainers of the region" ... which is obviously not true in the games because there is mostly some part of the region were stronger trainers reside.

(and why are we still able to challange Elite 4 and CHAMP after we have beaten them and BECOME the champ... weird...)

• Upvote 1

Definitely excited to play this game, this looks neat! However.... Uh... not sure what to say this. I do love my level 40+ Nidorans tho. I want to keep them.

Seriously though-- it seems to have taken some data from another pokemon game, like reborn or something? D: I didn't get to name myself. *sobswat_zpswub9seef.png

And apparently I'm in the Abyss. Probably a glitch? It's all black and I can't move.

Edit: I lied. It took over my deleted Pokemon Sage file. Wat. How.

Edited by Duskus

Definitely excited to play this game, this looks neat! However.... Uh... not sure what to say this. I do love my level 40+ Nidorans tho. I want to keep them.

Seriously though-- it seems to have taken some data from another pokemon game, like reborn or something? D: I didn't get to name myself. *sobswat_zpswub9seef.png

And apparently I'm in the Abyss. Probably a glitch? It's all black and I can't move.

Edit: I lied. It took over my deleted Pokemon Sage file. Wat. How.

That's surprising. I don't have the same error when I download the game. Go to where your save files are and delete any Game.rx files in the Pokemon Redemption folder.

-update-The error is that the game is apparently still storing and taking save files from Pokemon Essentials (could have sworn I fixed that early on). For now, make a copy of any files you want to save in the saved games Pokemon Essentials folder and use the folder for this game.

In the process of updating the download links to remedy this.

Edited by StarryD

Well I didn't have any problems starting up...

but there is one serious issue:

the first regular trainer after you exit the Helicopter... you don't even see him from where you come, ok you can see him before... but his challanging range is larger than the screen (it yould've just been a normal NPC from seeing him before.

and his Level 6 Deino knows DRAGON RAGE ... FRICKIN DRAGON RAGE! (ok it learns it at level one... but Deino normally isn't a Pokemon you see that early) - that one shots everything with it's 40HP damage!

and handing out Great Balls in the beginning... might want to turn that into regular Pokeballs...

edit:

oh, and will every Trainer battle be a double battle???

Edited by Cepheus

Well I didn't have any problems starting up...

but there is one serious issue:

the first regular trainer after you exit the Helicopter... you don't even see him from where you come, ok you can see him before... but his challanging range is larger than the screen (it yould've just been a normal NPC from seeing him before.

and his Level 6 Deino knows DRAGON RAGE ... FRICKIN DRAGON RAGE! (ok it learns it at level one... but Deino normally isn't a Pokemon you see that early) - that one shots everything with it's 40HP damage!

and handing out Great Balls in the beginning... might want to turn that into regular Pokeballs...

edit:

oh, and will every Trainer battle be a double battle???

This is all intentional. If you rush into the region like nothing matters, you'll be punished. Try leveling Keldeo to 7 or catching an Ice type. you'll find Deino's crippling speed will allow you to easily handle it with a type effective move.

The GreatBalls are there to not make catching Pokemon a chore, especially when it is required. Just relax a little before you call out a design choice as a "serious issue".

Most every battle will be a double battle.

Edited by StarryD
  • Upvote 2

I cant leave my house... the game keeps crashing when I leave.

While I didnt download/try it yet because I dont have good net atm, I still want to say congrats on making your own game and hopefully you will continue to develop it even further. Ill be glad to try out and give my opinions when I get the time for it.

This is all intentional. If you rush into the region like nothing matters, you'll be punished. Try leveling Keldeo to 7 or catching an Ice type. you'll find Deino's crippling speed will allow you to easily handle it with a type effective move.

The GreatBalls are there to not make catching Pokemon a chore, especially when it is required. Just relax a little before you call out a design choice as a "serious issue".

Most every battle will be a double battle.

Well... most people want to explore, like I did... I saw that Tyrannitar walking around there... and sooo... "hey let's get there!" and then a Trainer, who I didn't even saw... or I didn't even know that he was a potential trainer... challanged me out of no where

I get the Dragon Rage thingy... but a trainer, whose "line of sight" isn't visible from where you come, challanging you is just unfair, because there is no chance of dodging him.

and NO Pokemon game has trainers challanging you from outside the screen.

and if the majority of the trainer battles are double battles, maybe give a little extra text to DeLillo, that he says that, so that the player can expact that, like:

"In this region we encourage Double battles, that is why you are allowed to bring two Pokemon with you"

but this is just my opinion... and I like a challange... but OHKO'ing you right from the start... that is just a whole new level

I cant leave my house... the game keeps crashing when I leave.

I'm not sure what your issue is. Please screenshot the crash scene.

I was able to play your save file and move on the the next area. Perhaps try re-downloading or restarting.

29o08b9.png

While I didnt download/try it yet because I dont have good net atm, I still want to say congrats on making your own game and hopefully you will continue to develop it even further. Ill be glad to try out and give my opinions when I get the time for it.

Thank you very much. I'll be working on the game in my free time as a hobby since it's pretty fun to work with.

-I've also updated the Media Fire link to fix the save destination issue. the MEGA link will be posted soon.-

Fire Red does actually, with a Team Rocket member if I'm not mistaken. Side thingy for StarryD: Where is the wild Pokémon theme from?

Edited by Jamaka2001

Well... most people want to explore, like I did... I saw that Tyrannitar walking around there... and sooo... "hey let's get there!" and then a Trainer, who I didn't even saw... or I didn't even know that he was a potential trainer... challanged me out of no where

I get the Dragon Rage thingy... but a trainer, whose "line of sight" isn't visible from where you come, challanging you is just unfair, because there is no chance of dodging him.

and if the majority of the trainer battles are double battles, maybe give a little extra text to DeLillo, that he says that, so that the player can expact that, like:

"In this region we encourage Double battles, that is why you are allowed to bring two Pokemon with you"

but this is just my opinion... and I like a challange... but OHKO'ing you right from the start... that is just a whole new level

After you fight Dean, he will warn you something to the effect of "I hope you are prepared to catch new Pokemon. You can never rely on just your first two." It seems you relied on just your first two.
Either way, lesson learned about what's to come.

Fire Red does actually, with a Team Rocket member if I'm not mistaken. Side thingy for StarryD: Where is the main trainer theme from?

What theme are you referring to when you say main trainer?

If you mean trainer battles, then its the theme "See-Saw" from Rhythm Heaven Fever.

-Or the post was ninja'd to wild Pokemon theme. Wild pokemon theme is "Cheer Readers 1" from Rythm Heaven Fever. Must be a pattern.

P.s I forgot to mention that im on mac.

No idea then. RPGMaker/Redemption isn't designed for Macs, and I have no idea how Wine works.

Edited by StarryD

Well all Ik is that it allows macs to run this stuff so I guess ill talk to Tacos & Flowers and see if he can figure out a way.

I get that you wan't the player to expect a tough challenge, but I think Fire Fang on Aerodactyl is a little overkill.

I get that you wan't the player to expect a tough challenge, but I think Fire Fang on Aerodactyl is a little overkill.

That could be argued, though on my own numerous playthroughs and beta testers fighting the trainer, Fire Fang never posed much of an issue. Besides, the challenge is there because of how much exp you are rewarded for defeating it.

If it's an issue for others then Ill consider removing it.

I think I'll pass on this because I hate being punished for exploring. Generally, I myself design challenges that make you think outside the box a little bit instead of forcing people to use one single strategy. Now I just need to make the AI work on that level. But yeah, I see the problem off the starting out very difficult but after a certain point, you can only make it so difficult without making it crazy unfair (such as breaking the level cap or teams of Uber legendaries). Be careful how much you play with this "Punishment."

I think I'll pass on this because I hate being punished for exploring. Generally, I myself design challenges that make you think outside the box a little bit instead of forcing people to use one single strategy. Now I just need to make the AI work on that level. But yeah, I see the problem off the starting out very difficult but after a certain point, you can only make it so difficult without making it crazy unfair (such as breaking the level cap or teams of Uber legendaries). Be careful how much you play with this "Punishment."

There is no punishment for exploration in this game. There is not one single strategy to anything that people have complained about. The game also does not start out difficult at all, but the game also does not let you just use your starters and run through the game.

Be careful before you write off a game when you listen to hearsay from two people.

Exploration isn't punished in this game, rushing ahead without preparing is. There is one direction to go in the beginning, so saying the player is punished for exploration is flat out wrong. No one wants to take their time and train a bit at the very beginning of the game, so having a wall that will stop you only the first time through isn't that bad. And, technically, you see the trainer before you battle him, so if you're being careful and paying attention, the only surprise is the distance of engagement (and the battle, but that's another matter, I think). Many battles can only be initiated by talking to a trainer, so just prepare a little before wildly going around without creating a team or leveling a bit. It's silly you're writing off a game after one person's complaint about exploration, which I've already addressed. The only way to really find out if you think it's unfair is to actually play it.

In general-- Having played the game, I can tell you that any challenges you run into will likely only be difficult once. If you have problems with a trainer, either you need to level up more or change your strategy (battle order, focus of attack, etc.). I had to do so multiple times in order to beat some of the harder trainers. Overall I like the story so far and want to find out more about the new region. I think the plot device of creating a region is very interesting and an idea that I haven't encountered before. Granted, I haven't play too many fan games, but still. I didn't think too much was unfair about the game; it's nice to have a challenging game.

A new fangame, i can dig it.

And the white male protag is so perfect of my style. I'll try this out starry.

Did you really use Rhythm Heaven songs as the backgrounds for battles xD

it's pretty fun so far though! I'll keep you updated on bugs that I find.

Did you really use Rhythm Heaven songs as the backgrounds for battles xD

it's pretty fun so far though! I'll keep you updated on bugs that I find.

Of course. Need to put Air Rally in there now.

Please keep me posted on bugs~ Thanks!

A new fangame, i can dig it.

And the white male protag is so perfect of my style. I'll try this out starry.

Sounds good. Hope you enjoy.

I have to admit: just one change to meloetta moveset would make Dean less of a pain to deal with but then again same philosophy of his: attack is Keldeo and defense is Meloetta.

Hmmm... Does Arceus play a vital role in this game? I know Arceus did for Reborn and Rejuvenation, and since this game also started with the letter R, it gives me a little pattern to decipher. That's why I wondered if Arceus played a vital role in this game, much like the other two.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm... Does Arceus play a vital role in this game? I know Arceus did for Reborn and Rejuvenation, and since this game also started with the letter R, it gives me a little pattern to decipher. That's why I wondered if Arceus played a vital role in this game, much like the other two.

Yes, because Arceus also played a big role in Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Red, after all.

One bug I found so far is that when Keldeo and Meloetta hit level 21, they kept going for some reason all the way to 25, even though I definitely didn't give them enough exp for it.