Pokemon Anime Discussion Thread

Fumble

Surprised there hasn't been one of these yet, but here's a thread where you can say whatever you want about the anime, whether it be complaints, speculation, recent news, shipping, etc. You also can talk about Pokemon Origins, if you'd like.

(Expecting a whole lot of complaints about Ash, but whatever.)

Rules to follow:
- If you have a major spoiler, keep it in a spoiler.
- Double posting is only allowed for important news, like a new Pokemon joining somebody or a Rival/Gym/Other Important Person battle. NEWS only.

Anyways, happy posting!

• Upvote 3

Well, I did say there would be complaints of Ash, so you're okay. Pretty sure at least 80% of us agree with you.

It's not a complaain, I like Ash but Red is soo cool to me. Did you read the manga ?(if not, just read)

Edited by luccaconde

Yeah, I did read some of the older ones, and I agree that Red is much cooler than Ash. He even has a Espeon! <3

Perhaps I should make a "Manga Discussion Thread" as well, seeing that we don't have one of those, either.

And it has been done.

Yeah, I did read some of the older ones, and I agree that Red is much cooler than Ash. He even has a Espeon! <3

Perhaps I should make a "Manga Discussion Thread" as well, seeing that we don't have one of those, either.

I agree with this idea. That eevee, so OP before

As for the main anime... I haven't watched any of it since early BW. I kinda lost interest at that point. I have watched origins, and it was very good. My favorite arc in the main anime is definitely Gold and Silver. I feel like that part of the series was strongest, but that is just my opinion. It's all right for what it is though.

Some news regarding the latest episode, thanks to Serebii:

Ash gets his Noibat Egg and hatches it.

wait he is STILL in a coma?!?!!?!?!?

thats it! i am pulling the plug!

i loved origins more than the regular show because ash is a.....well, he makes tim allen's acting look like brad pitt in interview with a vampire.

Watching the recent/past episodes, Valerie (the sixth Kalos gym) seemed pretty odd. For the first time in some while, we get to see Trick Room again, as well as Ash being mildly pissed at a gym leader just as he laid eyes on her.

Apparently there's also going to be an Ash/Rotom episode coming soon.

Watching the recent/past episodes, Valerie (the sixth Kalos gym) seemed pretty odd. For the first time in some while, we get to see Trick Room again, as well as Ash being mildly pissed at a gym leader just as he laid eyes on her.

Apparently there's also going to be an Ash/Rotom episode coming soon.

I don't know why I keep even looking at the episodes or skipping through them, but I was remotely pissed that the anime decided to make Valerie of all people be the easiest gym ever, especially being a new type and all that Ash shouldn't be prepared for..and in fact, by his own words " Clemont: Have you prepared counters? Ash: -proud stance- Ofc I haven't! " But yea who needs strategy when you have PIS. Basically Valerie's Sylveon had a terrible moveset and fell rather easily (come on, Giga Impact on a special attacker... Disarming voice ? Fairy Wind? All the weakest fairy moves :| ) And then her Spritzee fell to a fighting type which magically survived a moonblast and tore through a second one with "spinning like a drill" ...the breaking of trick room with x-scissor..yeaah . Just, really expected they'd make Valerie a hard challenge for Ash or even make him lose to the new type :| but nope.

• Upvote 1

So how would you all feel about occasional polls about the anime? Could be more interesting to get your opinions.

I'll start one about your favorite "Ash's friend" right now.

Also, oops, forgot to make it public. Oh well, there was already one of these before in my Long Miscellaneous Poll.

Voted for May because May is cool. The episodes with May..and also Dawn were the coolest for me, as far as the anime can be cool that is. And of course they also had Brock there, Brock will always be the coolest of the male bunch surrounding Ash

Max > May

Max is, like, a "feels moment" magnet. His Ralts episode was one of the only times I ever cried in response to this anime OMG

But yeah, Dawn's definitely my favorite. Her moves inspired like 50% of all Ash's moves moving forward.

If I had to chose another person (because I voted Brock)

Probably one of the coordinator girls. Probably Dawn. Beginning trainer vs experienced trainer Ash. And yes, he is one in this sense. With that dynamic he grew a bit as well. Or learned during the seasons.

I'm still waiting on my Brock cameo in the current season. He was the best. If not, I would'nt mind seeing Dawn again. Those two had great chemistry throughout the D/P series

If they follow the pattern, if we see anyone, I think it will be Iris :\

• 1 month later...

So, according to Serebii, something important happened in the latest episode:

Jessie's Pumpkaboo evolved into a Gourgeist! She traded it away and then back.

Also, Ash got his Badge from Valerie, like a while ago, but I forgot to post that.