Stuck on Route 3

FYI, don't skip the text.

Go back to Gearen City. Talk to Venam's Mom. Talk to Gym Guy. Go to Deep Gearen Sewers (a new part). Venam, with her two friends, should be crowding around a mansion. Continue there.

Ok... topic was resolved... but that is what bothered me at this point:

Ren was a good friend before

suddenly there before Goldenleaf he turns into an egoistic prick, for NO APPARENT REASON!

I mean... we were warned that Goldenleaf people aren't that friendly before... he also tells us that...

but then he BARRICADES the gate-house with a barricade that can only be destroyed by THAT SPECIFIC ACID?

He effectiveley locked Goldenleaf people IN and the other Goldenleaf people outside OUT!

FOR NO REASON!!!

I mean WE HAD TO GO THERE!

FOR A REASON!

And he is just... nah bro... I won't let you because the people here are dumb...

WHAT GIVES? He literally gives NO EXPLANATIONS to his actions and hindering us on continuing our League-Quest and stopping Team Xen

also a quick spoiler rant ahead... read only after Crawli, if you don't want to get spoiled

WHY is he switching sides?

HE HATED Team Xen because of what 'happened' with Melia!

There is only stated the he is somekind of the last of the four(?) "Shadow Stars", or something like that, and that the Xen exxecutives shall bring them to Madame X... then when he is 'captured' and brought to Madame X he is all like "Your wish is my command, Madame X."

There is no explenation for his sudden change! That really bugs me...

I hate them for what they've done with Melia... but I'll do as their leader says... because... they caught me or something...

Then he realizes Melia is still alive... and he still works for them

At least Fern has a solid reason for joining Team Meteor in Reborn...

he was a prick from the beginning and he thinks they are on the winning side, and since he is all about his swag is just a "winning-team joiner"

Regarding him blocking your way, he may not have wanted the MC to go through because he was embarrassed of his origins. He left for a reason and he probably didn't want to be tied to that town. He considered you a friend and he didn't want your image of him ruined just because he had relations to the most toxic town in the region so he prevented you from entering. Obviously we don't care but hey, the way I see it he just didn't want us to think badly of him. Regarding your spoiler Cepheus;

I'm sure Ren had his reasons. I don't think he's a bad character, he must have needed to do something and thought that joining up with Team Xen would help him meet that goal. Maybe it was to look for Melia? When you meet with him along with Melia and Venam, Ren tries to explain himself to one of the girls (I forget which one) but she doesn't hear him out, leaving him feeling frustrated and possibly betrayed. I was honestly thinking that it would be Aelita that would be joining Team Xen after the electrical "rehabilitation" but I was surprised that she stayed with the MC's group and instead it was Ren to swap sides.

Ok... topic was resolved... but that is what bothered me at this point:

Ren was a good friend before

suddenly there before Goldenleaf he turns into an egoistic prick, for NO APPARENT REASON!

I mean... we were warned that Goldenleaf people aren't that friendly before... he also tells us that...

but then he BARRICADES the gate-house with a barricade that can only be destroyed by THAT SPECIFIC ACID?

He effectiveley locked Goldenleaf people IN and the other Goldenleaf people outside OUT!

FOR NO REASON!!!

I mean WE HAD TO GO THERE!

FOR A REASON!

And he is just... nah bro... I won't let you because the people here are dumb...

WHAT GIVES? He literally gives NO EXPLANATIONS to his actions and hindering us on continuing our League-Quest and stopping Team Xen

also a quick spoiler rant ahead... read only after Crawli, if you don't want to get spoiled

WHY is he switching sides?

HE HATED Team Xen because of what 'happened' with Melia!

There is only stated the he is somekind of the last of the four(?) "Shadow Stars", or something like that, and that the Xen exxecutives shall bring them to Madame X... then when he is 'captured' and brought to Madame X he is all like "Your wish is my command, Madame X."

There is no explenation for his sudden change! That really bugs me...

I hate them for what they've done with Melia... but I'll do as their leader says... because... they caught me or something...

Then he realizes Melia is still alive... and he still works for them

At least Fern has a solid reason for joining Team Meteor in Reborn...

he was a prick from the beginning and he thinks they are on the winning side, and since he is all about his swag is just a "winning-team joiner"

With regards to your spoiler:

The only reason he switched sides so quickly that I can think of is that maybe team Xen approached Ren, told him Melia was still alive, and then they proposed a deal. Ren, blinded by love and jealousy, could get rid of the main character and be with Melia if he joined up with Team Xen. It's a win-win since Ren gets the girl and gets rid of MC and Team Xen gets 1/4th of their "Shadow people thingies". It's honestly the only reason I can think of unless he was already with Team Xen from the beginning lol.

Of course it's all just my speculation. Would love to hear anyone else's thoughts on this. :) It is a strange little plot twist.

• Veterans

Everything has its reason for happening in Rejuvenation... That has proven both to be true and also recurring in the story, so there's also an explanation for as of why Ren did what he did. Who knows, in due time... :^)

Edited by Zumidesu