Side Quest Guide

Hypa

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I was doing the help requests of kakori village.

however, i didnt check anything beforehand since i want to do it myself. but i did the battle me once more request first and therefore after getting my reward those anti assist guys popped up.

not a big deal. however, since they popped up i couldnt get my other rewards for the other quests anymore because the lady who gives rewards was only saying 'good luck' and after finishing it 'you can have the pokemon as a reward'.

So because of this I cant get my sun stone and I would like that.

going to an earlier safe file is not an option since in the maintime i was breeding a staryu and got one with good nature and good iv's

Is this fixable?

thank you in advance.

Edited by Snorlax_nl

• 2 weeks later...

post your savefile, ill see what i can do otherwise you will probably have to get into contact with jan or one of the others in the development team

• 2 weeks later...

okay so i was checking around and i found out that rock climb is available in V7 but sadly its an option and you miss out ALOT if you dont choose it

TM101: [Rock Climb]: Given by Kriess after choosing the option to save him in the Grounds of Theolia

since other tms are based off this one too its really gonna be a pain in the ass to get them ....

okay so i was checking around and i found out that rock climb is available in V7 but sadly its an option and you miss out ALOT if you dont choose it

TM101: [Rock Climb]: Given by Kriess after choosing the option to save him in the Grounds of Theolia

since other tms are based off this one too its really gonna be a pain in the ass to get them ....

You don't miss the content, you just have to work for it a little: catch a venipede lvl it to lvl 40 and it learns rock climb naturally. Don't let it evolve though because then it needs to be lvl 50.

Also the game allowed you to get with less effort a bit earlier. The event scolipede, which is part of the main story, has it. So catch that bug pkmn.

Edited by FairFamily

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!
First of all thank you very much for this guide!
I'm having trouble accessing the hidden library. I do not remeber completing either hidden library1 or hidden library 2 but the game says I did complete them. Nevertheless, I can't access the hidden library. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

iirc get the Odd Key from Narcissa's Gym, and from Goldenleaf head north to the Odd House. I won't spoil anything else~

Thanks. But now that I freed the demon, Narcissa said something about Amethyst Cave, however I can't figure out what to do there or if I'm even in the right place.

just fast forward to the side quest and you should be all good.

side note this guide will be under reconstruction as soon as v8 becomes available as jan said he may have changed some of the quests but he wont tell me >.<

Hello! I tried to do the ancient library set of quests and I completed the first without any issues. Then, I went at Sheridan's help center to complete the second part and the board said that this quest is already completed. But I never actually did that one, and now as a consequence it will not allow me access to the third part. Is there any way to fix it?

EDIT: Please ignore this post. I fixed the issue by switching temporarily to V6.

Edited by vagelio

I hope the Orphanage is working again, because every time I go there, it freezes and have to restart my game

Have you tried switching versions or running the client as admin?

just fast forward to the side quest and you should be all good.

side note this guide will be under reconstruction as soon as v8 becomes available as jan said he may have changed some of the quests but he wont tell me >.<

So basically the answer to my question is "maaaaaybe?"? :D

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm doing the quest to find some pokemon required from the girl at the 2nd Floor at the Gearen City Library (Version 8.1). She says that Slakoth is in Route 3... I tried every possible patch of grass, headbutting trees and everything and no success in finding the damn Slakoth. Can you please tell me another possible location for Slakoth? I couldn't find it in the Akora Forest either (patches of grass nor headbutt).

Also... where can I find an Odd Keystone to get Spiritomb in the Darchlight Woods?

So I'm doing the quest to find some pokemon required from the girl at the 2nd Floor at the Gearen City Library (Version 8.1). She says that Slakoth is in Route 3... I tried every possible patch of grass, headbutting trees and everything and no success in finding the damn Slakoth. Can you please tell me another possible location for Slakoth? I couldn't find it in the Akora Forest either (patches of grass nor headbutt).

Also... where can I find an Odd Keystone to get Spiritomb in the Darchlight Woods?

Slakoth isn't located on any specific patch of grass or headbuttable tree, I don't think. Finding him is insanely difficult, I think he has a chance of being found equal to (or more or less) than Shroomish. If you keep trying you might eventually find one. It's all luck.

As for the Odd Keystone, you can find one by mining the mysterious rocks found throughout Aevium. They should be as rare as other Fossils.

Finally found Slakoth! On the tall grass at the end of Route 3 - the tall grass on the yellow floor close to Goldenleaf Town. Thanks for the info.

Slakoth isn't located on any specific patch of grass or headbuttable tree, I don't think. Finding him is insanely difficult, I think he has a chance of being found equal to (or more or less) than Shroomish. If you keep trying you might eventually find one. It's all luck.

As for the Odd Keystone, you can find one by mining the mysterious rocks found throughout Aevium. They should be as rare as other Fossils.

You still have to talk to the guy who wanted you to do find the library.

Don't do that instantly, though. He will ask you to give him the book you found, but that book will be useful soon.

this is going to be an actual spoiler.

In the mansion/palace you will get into relatively soon, interact with the Gardevoir statue in lobby. The maid will give you a Gothita if you have the book. As far as I know, this is the only way to get Gothita in V8 and you cannot revisit this place.

Edited by SansTheSkeleton