Communally Announcing Community Announcements

Previous Aces who have not reached the new 750 post limit still keep their Ace Membership, right?

Didn't read all of it and just skimmed, whoops.

None of the new changes really affect me that much, so I wish you some fun with new ideas for the site, server, and more importantly, the Reborn game. Can't wait for Episode 16!

Edited by Reignited'Light
  • Upvote 4

I've got a few questions.

• Members, the default as before
  • Familiars are Members who have been here for at least 6 months.
  • Veterans are Familiars who have reached 750 posts. At this point they can purchase Ace from the site shop.

So it goes Members > Familiars > Veterans > Ace.

This wasn't explicitly stated- in order to become a Veteran, does the user need to fulfill the prerequisites of being a Familiar as well (having attained a 6-month account age)? It would be rather easy to farm/spam posts to become a Veteran in order to skip the Familiar membership stage.

• The Pokemon of the Day item allows users to choose which Pokemon is guaranteed to appear in Random Battles that day.

Will Reborn's Theme Tournaments exclude this luxury if it comes to the point this may occur? Ex. If a Theme Tour is a monotype with random Pokemon of that type, for example, is the user allowed to use their guaranteed Pokemon in said Theme Tour?

• - Atheltics

how to be atheltic???

• Upvote 1

I would say yes to that Ark considering the chain has it looking as if you need to be a Familiar at least to become a Veteran and the same for becoming an Ace with you needing to be a Veteran. Also, will there be a set period of time that in which you have to be in a group before you can join the higher ranking groups or can you just jump from Familiar to Veteran to Ace anytime you want tot?

Other than that, I do like the Ace Membership changes. RIP Athletics for now. And looking forward to the Site Shop updates soon enough.

• Support Squad

If the Athletics section got the Ax, does that mean the CW section is in danger? It isn't updated regularly but that's the nature of writing in such a casual environment and there are plenty of stories started in there, incorporating it into the RP section as once was the case would now make an insane amount of clutter.

If the Athletics section got the Ax, does that mean the CW section is in danger? It isn't updated regularly but that's the nature of writing in such a casual environment and there are plenty of stories started in there, incorporating it into the RP section as once was the case would now make an insane amount of clutter.

The CW section is not in any immediate danger - the Athletics forums specifically was added with a requirement that it maintain a certain level of activity to stay and that wasn't met.

So it goes.

• Support Squad

The CW section is not in any immediate danger - the Athletics forums specifically was added with a requirement that it maintain a certain level of activity to stay and that wasn't met.

So it goes.

That isn't particularly reassuring but ok then...

Just a personal thing, but the values of the "SotD" and the "PotD" should be changed (As in, the "PotD" should be 750, and the "SotD" 350).

I mean, the SotD is a link that's going ot be in the intro, but people can choose whether to click or not. The "PotD" will be used in every single random battle, whether people like it or not and random battles are quite frequent in the server

Just my two cents.

even though i'm pretty sure Ark would argue that music > pokémon

Not much else to say here. Did not see the group changes. It's what caught me by surprise the most.

I'll give it a 7/10

Edited by Vinny
  • Upvote 1

Just a personal thing, but the values of the "SotD" and the "PotD" should be changed (As in, the "PotD" should be 750, and the "SotD" 350).

I mean, the SotD is a link that's going ot be in the intro, but people can choose whether to click or not. The "PotD" will be used in every single random battle, whether people like it or not and random battles are quite frequent in the server

Just my two cents.

even though i'm pretty sure Ark would argue that music > pokémon

Not much else to say here. Did not see the group changes. It's what caught me by surprise the most.

I'll give it a 7/10

It's based off of supply and demand, everyone was always eager for SotD, while we never technically had Pokemon of the day requests. This is all subject to change based on the popularity of both of these new items. We'll likely re-evaluate in a month or two.

So I guess the Community Release would be like a "Gamma Test" then, keeping in the theme of Greek letters? I like it, especially since the people who are on this forum tend to be far more interested in Reborn than any who don't join the forum.

I don't even know what the "Athletics" part of this forum was about. Good choice getting rid of it.

I prefer playing a version of the episode that has finished the development. Is there a certain time-frame you plan to keep the soft release in the forum before announcing the public release?

I like this one here very much. Feels a lot of fixed up on this one.

I was thinking also about people should get their ace after 6 months so people can know the person atleast instead of some weeks and such, it seems my wish become true.

This, is really good actually.. Specially about the new grouping.. It makes things better for both Aces and prospective Aces.. They will be interacting over a longer period and getting to know people better.. Good work Mods! :)

Thanks for all the various information.

Regarding E15- I find the decision to be a proper one, also giving some benefits to people for being forum members!

and with that, -goes off to stalk the forum banner-