Pokemon Rejuvenation EV Training Guide (UPDATED TO V9, BUT NOT REALLY)

Milotic

Welcome to the Pokemon Rejuvenation EV Training thread. This thread provides the best places to EV train your pokemon for the gruesome difficulty of this game and also for those who love to use competitive pokemon. For those who do not know maximum EVs for 1 pokemon is 508.

AxsqTwL.png

Before you start EV training I suggest downloading Cheat Engine, not for cheating of course, but to speed up the proccess. Since there is no speed up button like VBA, using this program will help things go way quicker. (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!)

Tutorial:

To start off I do want to say (if you don't already know) there is an EV training center in Gearen City. As of right now, every stat is now available. They all don't come for free though.

SHfUhBI.png

In the beginning, Speed and HP are available, you'll need to unlock the others as you progress in the game.

SPE: Pikachu - 2 Spe EVs, Charmander - 1 Spe EV, and Voltorb - 1 Spe EV

HP: Clefairy – 2 HP EVs, Jigglypuff - 2 HP EVs, and Caterpie - 1 HP EV

ATK: Beedrill - 2 Atk EVs, 1 SpD EV, and Victeerbel - 3 Atk EVs(Be careful here, if you dont want any SpD EVs on that pokemon only battle the Victeerbel)

DEF: Graveler - 2 Def EVs, Weezing - 2 Def EVs

SpA: Girafarig - 2 SpA EVs, Vileplume - 3 SpA EVs, Sunflora - 2 SpA EVs

SpD: Coming soon

EV Training Berries:

First you should know that you need to have entry to the Lost Camp/Orphanage located on Route 4.

d3Z1K1V.png

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14486 - Lost Camp Guide (Please Read)

After you've gained entry, you will then need to donate to Maman for the extension of the camp, once you've donated enough, the kid located towards the left will sell you EV reduction berries. So if you've made a mistake during EV training or want to make changes, this is how you can do it. Each berry reduces 10 EVs. So If you use 5 Pomeg Berries, you take away 50 Hp EVs.

uhBD2SY.png

Now I'll go into how to unlock the other stats here (Card Guide) :

First off, you'll need to be familiar with all 3 entrances of the Wispy Ruins.

1.) CFoqofv.png

2.) Zt0Ryqv.png

(Behind the Waterfall)

3.)Tdv7rib.png

From there all you need to do is put on your exploration goggles and start searching the ruins. You'll need HMs like Surf, Rock climb, and Strength to get the cards for each stat.

Quick Demonstration:

KUS8skL.png

Talk to Brail pillar, door opens, get item.

VfTM7uN.png

This is where the Speacial Defense card is being held, but we do finally not have HM for Strength.

Now, for the best local EV training areas. (Use these if you do not have access to the cards yet)

HP:

Area: Literally everywhere. For these EVs you battle breeder trainers, they have 3 Audino which equal 6 HP EVs and the Audino provide good exp as well so this is great for EV training low level pokes.

Note: The level of the Audino vary depending on your location, the earlier the location the lower the level. (This one happens to be in Sheridan Village)

Pokemon: Audino – 2 HP EVs

8NkiXpN.png

ATTACK:

Area: Corta Forest, (Cut Required)

Pokemon: Bibearl – 2 Atk EVs, Weepingbell – 2 Atk EVs, Tranquil - 2 Atk EVs

FGrBm88.png?1

DEF:

Area: Early Location - Goldenwood Forest(after reaching Goldenleaf Town), Later Location - Valor Mountain (Heated up)

Pokemon: (Early Location) Spewpa - 2 Def EVs, (Later Location) Torkal - 2 Def EVs, Magcargo - 2 Def EVs, and Graveler - 2 Def EVs

Early Location:

4ecZENr.png

Later Location:

wAf4Xkw.png

SpA: (DO NOT USE) Due to the reconstruction of Terajuma this is likely not here anymore, will update with replacement soon

Area: Deep Terajuma Jungle, (MUST complete the Bridge quest from the help center in Kakori Village) There are Vileplume all over the jungle, but I found this to be the easiest/quickest method, I call this the rinse repeat method. 1.) Kill Vileplume, 2.) grab Spice Powder, 3.) go inside the area right next to the Spice powder, 4.) Vileplume should come back and repeat. (I must say i'm proud of myself for figuring this one out xD)

Pokemon: Vileplume – 3 SpA evs

GVT3GHm.png?1

SpD:

Area: Early Location - Terajuma Shore, Later Location - Valor Mountain (Cooled down) (Surf Required)

Pokemon: (Early Location) Dustox - 3 SpD EVs, (Later Location) Dewgong - 2 SpD EVs and Seel 1 SpD EV

Early Location:

bFVTFtY.png

Later Location:

6yY0ehv.png

Spe:

Area: Early Location - Narcissa's Gym, Later Location - Route 3 (Surf required)

Pokemon: (Early Location) Raticate - 2 Spe EVs, (Later Location) Basculin - 2 Spe EVs

Early Location:

aiYgtiT.png

Later Location:

e9KN5P9.png

Note: The later locations are the better and faster places to EV train becuase most of them don't share encounter rates with other pokemon except Mount Valor when heated up( though the 3 pokemon listed there are pretty common). If there is no Early/Later location listed for a certain stat then that means that that area is the best place to ev train for this current version. Also, if you can you should get the exp.share. It is located in Melia's room inside the Gearen Lab. You will need Melia's room key though, which is found on the lowest level of Amethyst Cave where you battled the Dimensional Rift (interact with the bloody item). As you know the exp.share will make EV training low leveled pokemon much easier.

MY EV TRAINING RECOMMENDATIONS:

Attack: EV Training Center > Listed Area

HP: EV Training Center < Listed Area

Speed: EV Training Center < Listed Area

Special Attack: EV Training Area > Listed Area

Defense: EV Training Area > Listed Area

Special Defense: Coming soon

I believe the chosen areas will provide quicker results, but use whichever ones you have access to at the moment.

I hope this thread is helpful to everyone, have fun!

Edited by Milotic

• Developers

Me gusta. Ty. Don't forget about the actual EV training center in Gearen. While it may not be the best, it's good for the beginning I suppose.

Me gusta. Ty. Don't forget about the actual EV training center in Gearen. While it may not be the best, it's good for the beginning I suppose.

wait there's a Ev trainig center? LOL i actually had no idea

• Developers

wait there's a Ev trainig center? LOL i actually had no idea

Exploration is key c: . Although it only has like HP and Speed right now, so this guide is still pretty helpful. (It's in the Gearen Lab)

Really?

The ev center was there like since in the beginning.

I used that for getting the shadow duskull heart down. It took really long time, but i did it in the end.

Also the breeder in the boat is useful for pokemon ev with attack and speed like infernape or speedy offense pokemon.

Unfezant in Corta Forest also yield 2 attack EVs, so including that might be good. I initially thought they would give speed EVs but then I KO'd one and had no speed EVs on my Hariyama.

Edit: Why is the EV total 510 instead of 512? Isn't 512 the correct total?

Edited by vsx2000goton

Unfezant in Corta Forest also yield 2 attack EVs, so including that might be good. I initially thought they would give speed EVs but then I KO'd one and had no speed EVs on my Hariyama.

Edit: Why is the EV total 510 instead of 512? Isn't 512 the correct total?

I think you mean Tranquil, but thanks noted. And no the correct total is 510.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't there an earlier place to EV-train for SpA? I'm just not incarcerated yet (perhaps some place with lots of oddishes or something like that).
I'd like to add that Goldenleaf town is also good for speed training: in the grass (Spewpa, Drifloon and Wooper have very low encounter rates) you have Zigzagoon/Linoone and Pidgeotto. (1/2 and 2)

Edited by laggless01

There's the garden inside the hotel in Gearen, which has Cherubi and Oddish. There's also Caterpie there, but hopefully they don't get in the way too much.

The caterpies were all right...the metapods on the other hand... :P At least I don't have to risk fighting Double-Edge Sunflora's (Roselia doesn't like that).

I accidentally misunderstood hotel for the velvet apartments. Now I have a pretty good Emolga for that :)

The garden inside the hotel is better for special tanks while the breeder inside the boat at Terajuma is great for physical tanks since there is both Audino and Excadrill. Granted you need something to absorb the speed evs.

Isn't there an earlier place to EV-train for SpA? I'm just not incarcerated yet (perhaps some place with lots of oddishes or something like that).

I'd like to add that Goldenleaf town is also good for speed training: in the grass (Spewpa, Drifloon and Wooper have very low encounter rates) you have Zigzagoon/Linoone and Pidgeotto. (1/2 and 2)

Yes there are earlier places to ev train, but this guide only presents the absolute best places to get certain EVs in other words the highest amount possible which is 3, and some of these places can't be reached till later in the game, sorry I guess I should mention that, but as of right now the EV training center in Gearen is the earliest place to ev train and as that gets updated i'll make note of that on here as well.

Oh, Milotic, the EV Training Center in Gearen has Charmander for Speed and Clefairy for HP as of Version 5-5.

Gotcha thanks

• 2 months later...

Wow, great! Abra technically could also be one for Special Attack since it's easy to beat and it's close to a Healing station, but it only drops 1 SpA EV, sadly...

Well, if you have a lot of patience, you can do that. Plus if your Pokemon run out of PP in the Jungle, it's going to be kinda annoying.

Well, if you have a lot of patience, you can do that. Plus if your Pokemon run out of PP in the Jungle, it's going to be kinda annoying.

small price to pay to get 3 evs, just bring a couple of pokemon to train

W8 exp share was axed? In what ver? I can still get it in v6

Yea I believe the exp share was moved in V6, you can only get from V5 and before

Edit: Might have been wrong. Interact with the bloody item in Amethyst Cave, where you battle the Dimensional Rift. Though when I tried it, I didnt get anything from it.

Edited by Milotic

• 6 months later...

Guide has been updated to current Version 7.

New changes:

EV card guide, EV berries, and some other stuff

This will probably be one of the last updates, since Jan has blessed us with great EV training pokemon in the EV training center. If anything important comes up I'll update once more.

Edited by Milotic

• 1 month later...

First thanks for the guide, it will be quite helpfull with my mon training and now a question why doesn't this guide not mention the friendship berries? I mean I consider them a vital part of ev training especially if you want to ev train a former shadow pkmn.

Edited by FairFamily

First thanks for the guide, it will be quite helpfull with my mon training and now a question why doesn't this guide not mention the friendship berries? I mean I consider them a vital part of ev training especially if you want to ev train a former shadow pkmn.

... knew something was missing

• 3 months later...