Pokemon Explorers (Working Title) [Interest Check]

Commander

Heyo! Commander here with another RP idea coming through. This one originally started as a bit of a collab, but Thomas Elliot kind of got busy leaving me with all this stuff on the table. This is rather unusual for me, but the current RP idea still needs quite a bit of work before people can play it, and by that I mean a ton of polishing. If enough people are interested, I'd be willing to follow through and lose my sanity. So let's get started:

What is Pokemon Explorers?

If you've played the Mystery Dungeon series, this might be a bit familiar to you. Pokemon Explorers takes place in a world without humans which Pokemon have slowly developed many human practices. Unlike in the Mystery Dungeon, the Pokemon in this world have shown quite a bit advancement to the point that some buildings even have electricity in them. Many Pokemon saw the dangers of these advancements and were against them to the point they moved away from societies into the wilderness.

This alarmed many Pokemon as they quickly began to revert from and sometimes destroy these advancements. Others decided to meet in the middle keeping many of the old traditions and slowly add new findings into the community. Traditionalists were still wary, but many of those that remained stayed in the community, some out of fear of becoming barbaric like their brethren.

Our Story takes place in the region known as Jenovia, sometimes referred to the heart of life. This region contains quite a variety of climates ranging from desserts to mountains. There are many secrets to this region some even regarding the Pokemon spoken in legends. You are free to explore the world, but be warned of the dangers that have risen as Pokemon have grown more violent.

Gameplay

How the game is played is pretty similar to Mystery Dungeon. You can explore, rescue people, take down criminals, and such and such. Evolution doesn't work either, but level requirements are removed. Only Pokemon with strong bonds can overcome these new barriers to evolution.

As for combat, it's a bit different from any game. Some of the RPs have taken the idea of a combo system where a Pokemon can use two moves in a turn. This RP will also be using a system like that. I haven't decided whether or not to allow 4 or 6 moves.

There are also facilities in the main town that can be used almost at any time. If you can think of it, it's probably there. (Except a time machine because time travel was so last gen).

Story

Since there's still quite a bit of development left in this idea, I feel like sharing a small shard of the plot. In all honesty, this is what's taken the most time.

My Dear Old Friend,

By the time this reaches your eyes, I will be nothing more than a forgotten memory. There is one truth I must tell you before it is too late. As the researchers have said, the land is slowly dying. The Jewel of Harmony has been nourishing this land for many years, but it can no longer keep up. I searched all the lands for the answer, but none came. Now that my time has been shortened, I must burden this task to you. Please, I beg of you.

-D

That was the last I ever heard from. Years passed since I last read that letter, but things have gotten far worse than she could have ever imagined. The land is the least of my worries. Tensions have gotten so high it's unsafe to even leave the city. But what can I do? I'm just an old man living out what few years he has left.

Sounds fun. I'm interested. I'd be down to help out if you need it as well.

Thanks, I might need it depending on how many people join.

Interesting, tell me is there any rule to what poke'mon we can be? and when/where do we sign up?

While I prefer Pokemon that can evolve (especially ones who evolve twice), the only Pokemon you're not allowed to pick are Pseudos, Dragons, or Legendaries. As for when sign-ups will be open, I can't say. If enough people are interested, it'll be between 1-3 weeks depending on how I progress.

Thanks, I might need it depending on how many people join.

While I prefer Pokemon that can evolve (especially ones who evolve twice), the only Pokemon you're not allowed to pick are Pseudos, Dragons, or Legendaries. As for when sign-ups will be open, I can't say. If enough people are interested, it'll be between 1-3 weeks depending on how I progress.

whats wrong with dragon types? with the introduction of fairies they are not longer a threat? Plus you could play as one in gates of infinity

Edited by TyranntX

• Support Squad

Soooooo, it's your take on PMD? How long will the "Dungeons" be, and what about pokemon growth? Will we keep to a levelling system for moves so that we do't rush to be OP?

whats wrong with dragon types? with the introduction of fairies they are not longer a threat? Plus you could play as one in gates of infinity

First off there'd pretty much only be two or three real choices (you'd really wouldn't want to pick a single stage). It's also a bit plot related.

Soooooo, it's your take on PMD? How long will the "Dungeons" be, and what about pokemon growth? Will we keep to a levelling system for moves so that we do't rush to be OP?

"Dungeons" will be much smaller than a regular PMD because nobody wants to grind through the same thing for 30 floors (especially not me). As for length, it really depends. If you played Xenoblade, this'll make a bit more sense as maps are played out like that. Depending where you go, it could range from a day to a week to get to a new location.

As for the level system, there will be one, but I'm not going to be super picky when someone levels up. There will be a cap that I'll raise as the RP progresses. TM moves and Breeding moves do cost a bit of money, but it's not too hard to get that kind of money when you really need the move you're looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

(Keeping this alive)

Yeah, I know this has been a little dormant for a while, but there's been a few things keeping me busy such as Episode 15's Beta. I'll probably have sign ups open close to Friday though. All I really need to do now is layout the main town (though that's easier said then done). The place is pretty big...like Colony 9 big which is what's taking a while.