Monotype Challenge Quick Glance Guide - Updated to Episode 19 (SPOILERS)

BIGJRA

On 12/7/2016 at 10:45 AM, Therrester said:

Noticed another one. These pesky water types..

Edit: That's a lie, there's actually two more missing

Hide contents

Staryu (Water/Psychic), Drilbur (Ground/Steel)

Waaaait. Where do you get Drilbur? Ik about staryu, my mistake. I thought I put all the 16 mons in my changelog but apparently I missed half >>>

TY Though.

3 hours ago, BIGJRA said:

Hide contents

Waaaait. Where do you get Drilbur? Ik about staryu, my mistake. I thought I put all the 16 mons in my changelog but apparently I missed half >>>

TY Though.

I read in another thread that you can catch them in the cave on the island on Tanzan Lake. I haven't verified myself, but the Obtainable Pokemon Chart/Graph thing shows that Drilbur is indeed catchable. Other members were discussing it in a "help me beat Adrienn" thread.

• 2 weeks later...

In the Kiki to Aya section, you have shelmet listed as a newly available steel type. However, shelmet and accelegor are both bug types, so I don't think they are supposed to belong there.

Otherwise, great job on the guide!

Edited by Mint3kool

20 hours ago, Mint3kool said:

In the Kiki to Aya section, you have shelmet listed as a newly available steel type. However, shelmet and accelegor are both bug types, so I don't think they are supposed to belong there.

Otherwise, great job on the guide!

The idea is that the guide also lists pokemon that evolve into a certain type. So while Shelmet is pure bug, its evolution Escavalier is Bug/Steel, making it viable for a steel run, thus being listed as steel type. EDIT: I got Karrablast and Shelmet's evolutions confused. Mint3kool is actually correct.

Edited by Therrester

54 minutes ago, Therrester said:

The idea is that the guide also lists pokemon that evolve into a certain type. So while Shelmet is pure bug, its evolution Escavalier is Bug/Steel, making it viable for a steel run, thus being listed as steel type.

I get that the guide lists pokemon that evolve into a specified type. I just didn't realize that shelmet/karrablast had the weird trade evolutions. When I saw it on smogon, it looked like it only evolved into accelegor. Sorry about that.

55 minutes ago, Therrester said:

The idea is that the guide also lists pokemon that evolve into a certain type. So while Shelmet is pure bug, its evolution Escavalier is Bug/Steel, making it viable for a steel run, thus being listed as steel type.

Ummm, but Shelmet doesn't evolve into Escavalier, Karrablast does. Shelmet evolves into Accelgor which is a pure bug type. Therefore, it can't be used in a Steel mono run.

51 minutes ago, Farnsworth said:

Ummm, but Shelmet doesn't evolve into Escavalier, Karrablast does. Shelmet evolves into Accelgor which is a pure bug type. Therefore, it can't be used in a Steel mono run.

Whoops! You are correct. Seems like I got the two of them confused. I never used them myself, and the overview on Bulbapedia made confusing as to who evolves into who.

Disregard my earlier post; it seems like Shelmet is indeed placed in Steel mistakenly.

@Farnsworth @Therrester @Mint3kool

When I wrote the guide way back last year, I apparently didn't really know how to cover the whole trading thing. I edited it to note what you'll have to do for a steel mono -- I think it should make sense now.

If you have a better idea let me know. I might maybe add some tips at some point for the rest of the guide since it's been done for a while.

3 hours ago, BIGJRA said:

@Farnsworth @Therrester @Mint3kool

When I wrote the guide way back last year, I apparently didn't really know how to cover the whole trading thing. I edited it to note what you'll have to do for a steel mono -- I think it should make sense now.

If you have a better idea let me know. I might maybe add some tips at some point for the rest of the guide since it's been done for a while.

I think the way you've done it is good. But I don't really see the need to write anything about it since there are multiple trade pokemon like Trapinch and Tyrogue that aren't explained in the same way. If people want to know how to get an Escavalier there is already an explanation in the Pokemon Location Guide. Also IIRC you can get a Escavalier if you use a Link Stone on a Karrablast, so Shelmet isn't even really necessary to get it.

1 hour ago, Farnsworth said:

I think the way you've done it is good. But I don't really see the need to write anything about it since there are multiple trade pokemon like Trapinch and Tyrogue that aren't explained in the same way. If people want to know how to get an Escavalier there is already an explanation in the Pokemon Location Guide. Also IIRC you can get a Escavalier if you use a Link Stone on a Karrablast, so Shelmet isn't even really necessary to get it.

I somehow forgot normal link stones work... I'll just quietly edit the whole thing because since that's the case there's nothing special about it. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Fixed and fixed, thanks. When I made this a year ago I tried to catch everything, clearly missed a few and probably still have a few missing.

I edited the body to include the E16 gym leader and more notably, separated starters from the first badge group to reduce clutter a little bit.

• 5 months later...
On 6/17/2017 at 5:00 AM, EliteTrainerRalph said:

So thanks to Ep16, I've gotta wait till I get all the way to the end of the current content till I can get Beldum? Well that makes me feel particularly terrible. :D

Basically. If it's any consolation: on the 50% chance you're doing Steel, Klinklang absolutely destroys Adrienn in case you were dreading raising Beldum 79 levels.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just an update on this guide -- with a new generation (changing lots of things like Wingull and Torkoal aside from all 80 new Pokemon), there's a fairly large amount of work that I need to put into it, but just know I plan to over time. I'll probably need to restart a new save file for this purpose as well but with finals week @ uni coming up soon it'll be difficult for me to do that but stick with me over time. thx.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Anti_Hero said:

I assume you are updating this for EP 17... 

Just to make sure do you want me to post my findings for the new episode? I saw some parts that aren't fully correct 

If you could that'd be great. I updated it yesterday to encounters (up to the E17 content itself) but haven't done events yet for the most part.

Spoiler

I too got that remoraid

I got a bronzong egg in the slums

I got carbink instead of mine jr in that trade 

I still got espurr but some people got minccino in the abandoned house

Instead of wingul it is either charchabug (not sure the name) or galvantula (1st evo of course)

I couldn't find makuhita in the slums (except past the locked door) instead I found the trump Pokémon (I'm bad with names as you can see)

Pyukumiku is found in the beach 

A-ditto is found in the Vulcan 

I couldn't find heatmor (that fire anteater)

Instead of torkoal I found the turnator? (Dragon fire Pokémon that looks like a turtle)

I can't right now remember more... If I do I post again 

10 hours ago, Anti_Hero said:
  Hide contents

I too got that remoraid

I got a bronzong egg in the slums

I got carbink instead of mine jr in that trade 

I still got espurr but some people got minccino in the abandoned house

Instead of wingul it is either charchabug (not sure the name) or galvantula (1st evo of course)

I couldn't find makuhita in the slums (except past the locked door) instead I found the trump Pokémon (I'm bad with names as you can see)

Pyukumiku is found in the beach 

A-ditto is found in the Vulcan 

I couldn't find heatmor (that fire anteater)

Instead of torkoal I found the turnator? (Dragon fire Pokémon that looks like a turtle)

I can't right now remember more... If I do I post again 

• Noted
  • Is this the same slot as the Seel/Cacnea one? if anyone can confirm if it's in addition to or replacing that'd help
  • Noted
  • Noted
  • Got that
  • It's still there, only 7% encounter now.
  • Got it (i thought i recorded this already?)
  • A-ditto????
  • Heatmor should be in the basement of Pyrous... is it not?
  • Noted.

Spoiler

Yes its the same egg, I can't confirm the last part...

Ok well then I didn't encounter it...

Im sorry my phone autocorrected, its diglet... (A-Ditto would be nice :p)

I didnt found him, tought I only went there before beating call

I can confirm events that are still the same if you are interested

Spoiler

the drifloon one

electrike

litleo

petilil

plusle and minus

vanilite (both in the shop and museum)

croagunk

nidorina

all arcade pokemon