Pokemon Se7en - Currently on hiatus

OCMjSLm.png

Welcome any and all to the ambitious fangame project brought to you by #FOLD, which was voted Fangame Project of the Year 2015. Much like Reborn and Rejuvenation (which are, we are not ashamed of admitting it, the games that motivated us into starting this project), this is an ongoing project, which will proceed with episodical releases over time. What sets our project apart from most others is the presence of Fakemon: much like in Pokemon Black and White, there are no returning Pokemon from previous games (the only two exceptions being Eevee and Ditto), and the Pokedex consists of 156 species that were created specifically for this game, including the starters Eufur (Grass), Roobber (Fire) and Lifoam (Water). When you factor in Ditto, Eevee and the eeveelutions, the total amount of individual species reaches a whopping 166: and speaking of Eevee, 3 new evolutions for everyone's beloved cutie are also included.

The game is set in the region of Graterras, named from the recurring setting of many projects of Hukuna (our lead scriptwriter), and inspired to the real life Oceania continent. And in case you are wondering yes, National Mode Upgrade for the Pokedex WILL be available in the post-game (when we eventually get there), so if your dream is to see our creations fight against canon Pokemon... Well, you'll get that eventually.

Other features include:

1) Entirely original plot, fruit of interminable fights between the staff, masterfully driven home by the dialogues written by our lead scriptwriter, Hukuna Fulmine.

2) Beautiful artworks by lead artist Zimvader, and equally beautiful sprites by lead spriter Nova. Starting with Ep 2, there will actually be some situations in which it would be possible to see some artworks by Zim in the actual game.

3) Colorful, compelling roster of original characters created by your truly and Hukuna, and refined through, again, interminable fights with the rest of the staff. A canon character (namely, Looker) will also have a relevant role in the plot starting with Ep 2.

4) From a technical standpoint, we always make sure to use the latest Essentials version available. The ability to check one's Pokemon IVs in the status screen, which was appreciated so much in Reborn, returns in our game.

5) Possibility to customize one's player sprite(s) by buying cosplay costumes (available starting with Ep 2).

6) Multiple endings! More precisely, there are 3 possible extra scenes that can take place right after the credit roll, at the end of the main plot: you can get the first one, the second one, the third one, or none at all depending on your choices throughout the game. Each scene is capped off with a beautiful artwork by Zim, as a reward for unlocking it!

7) Original soundtrack created by Juuzou (included in the game starting with Ep 2)

Here is a complete list of the staff members:

Tomas Elliot - This would be myself. Expert of yelling at others and resident tyrant. Also founder of the project.

Zimvader - Lead artist and co-founder of the project. Most of the Fakemon in this project were created by him.

Hukuna - Chronologically the third person to join the project, he is the one responsible for most plot-related ideas, and the lead scriptwriter.

Azery - Resident expert of laziness procrastination CODING. Jokes aside, he is the one who puts the game together.

Nova - Lead spriter and resident Starscream, he is constantly scheming to murder me and replace me as the leader of the project.

Calvius - Our second spriter, and also the guy who created the cries of our Pokemon. Has this tendency to disappear from time to time.

Juuzou - Lead musician, and the most recent member of the team. You'll be able to enjoy his beautiful music starting in Ep 2.

We have this policy of revealing most of our features (including mugshots of the characters, artworks of the Pokemon, and music samples by Juu) with periodical announcements. A list of all things announced so far can be found here.

And now, without further ado, the links to the topics dedicated to individual episodes (there you can find the DL links, and you can also request help and/or report bugs):

Episode 1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Veterans

Daaaaaammmmnnn,I like all dem starters man. After seeing the effort already put into this I'm definetly interested,I'll pm you sometime later today/tomorow. That Grass guy though......

Starter types:
Grass Guy:Grass/Fairy

Fire Guy:Fire/Fighting/Steel(Gotta keep it balanced)

Water Guy:It literally is called a water dragon so i'll go with Water/Dragon lol.

Edited by Azeria

Elly: a talented musician, she is in charge with the audio part, and she doubles as a spriter, also contributing some ideas for new Pokemon of her own. She's fairly new to this community, which probably explains why she so eagerly accepted to work with the likes of myself, Zim and Hukuna. Her music is very good tho, so when around her we tend to behave ourselves to avoid scaring her off.

Hello, I am here.

I'm really excited to be part of this thing, and I hope you are willing to have your ears burn with the sensation of my music.

And why 'eagerly' that makes me sound like I am desperate or something, lol.

I'll be handling all the themes in the games, which is looking to be roughly about 30 different tracks, with several alterations and remixes of old favorites, as well as drawing out concepts for art, and as mentioned above, spriting.

I look forward to working with you all~

Ayeeeeeeeee! Those mons look awesome! Great to see that this is about to be started, too! Tbh, I can't believe Gamefreak hasn't made a koala Pokémon before, so I'm glad that you guys did that.

My guesses for the HAs:

Looking at the Pokédex data, I guess Roobber's HA will be either Competitive or Defiant, while Lifoam's will be Swift Swim. Not sure about Eufur, which saddens me because I think it's the coolest of the three.

Well well well this is new. I haven't been into fakemons, but this looks good.

Zim and Elly surprised me. Well they are both pretty good with what they are doing.

Hukuna can coding, new for me.

Tomas, make a OP hazard move pls <3

As for the what i need, sorry none of them pass for me.

The sprites i have done once before in the past, but i lost the skills.

Eufur looks so cute as koala cutey.

Roobbor: Another Fire/fighting? Gosh too much of that.

Lifoam: This is maybe my favourite since it's design and typing.

Nice job drawing this Zim.

Hugs from Hukuna....

((Disclaimer, Hukuna never consented to giving out any free hugs. This is some weird ploy by Tomas to get more people to be on board for the project for some reason but Hukuna no likey being touched. If you draw back any bloody stumps etc... from trying to touch the Mighty Hukuna without his permission... you have been warned.... please carry on with your business.))

Oh hey, I'm here too!

Great to see this project get started!

We already have a private conversation going, so just write there how many sprites you'd be willing to do for a start, and I'll send you some stuff. And thank you so much for jumping aboard so eagerly, it means the world to all of us :)

Daaaaaammmmnnn,I like all dem starters man. After seeing the effort already put into this I'm definetly interested,I'll pm you sometime later today/tomorow.

Honestly I was hoping for exactly that ;)

that makes me sound like I am desperate or something, lol.

Ironically enough, we were the ones who desperately needed help when we hired you. We were willing to accept even someone with lame skills. We got an outstanding talent. Talk about a stroke of luck :D

Ayeeeeeeeee! Those mons look awesome! Great to see that this is about to be started, too! Tbh, I can't believe Gamefreak hasn't made a koala Pokémon before, so I'm glad that you guys did that.

My guesses for the HAs:

Looking at the Pokédex data, I guess Roobber's HA will be either Competitive or Defiant, while Lifoam's will be Swift Swim. Not sure about Eufur, which saddens me because I think it's the coolest of the three.

>Cannot imagine Eufur's HA. It is called the Furball Pokemon.

Bibs,for the Grass one,I'd think something like Fur Coat?

???

Lifoam: This is maybe my favourite since it's design and typing.

YES! Join the #FOLD movement!

can't wait to see this play out. looks neat from the starters alone. If somebody would teach me marker, i would love to help out.

lol you can jump on and be the third "I have no idea of what I am doing I will learn as I go" person :P

((Disclaimer, Hukuna never consented to giving out any free hugs. This is some weird ploy by Tomas to get more people to be on board for the project for some reason but Hukuna no likey being touched. If you draw back any bloody stumps etc... from trying to touch the Mighty Hukuna without his permission... you have been warned.... please carry on with your business.))

Oh come on don't be shy now :P

• Support Squad

Can I change my font colour to Surprised?

If Roo does not evolve into something fused with a tiger and Eufur doesn't evolve into a mix between a koala bear and a piglet, I'm going to leave this place to go live in the 100 acre wood.

I honestly have nothing to contribute to this. For now. Maybe one day When I have to lean code for IT I mean

• Veterans

dbC2oVq.png

he's so cute and i forgot his name already

It looks AMAZING only thing I see that's really 'wrong' with it is the eye. Somehow it comes out really awkward on an other wise amazing looking mon. Besides that it looks a bit chubbier than it's supposed to look.

dbC2oVq.png

he's so cute and i forgot his name already

GODDAMN THIS LOOKS CUTE AND THE SPRITE IS GLORIUS PIECE OF MASTER

*lower my voice

I really like how you did the sprite. But this is coming from the guy so makes the shiny sprites in 5th gen thread.

But still, i want dat fakemon.

Edited by ShingSt

#FOLD is the master race.

Also I am kinda feeling bad about the likes I am getting because the starters are awesome. Zim made them, he should be getting the likes!

Anyway guys, I seriously need to go get some dinner not, it's 22:20 and I am hungry as hell... But I am happy to see the interet in this project. I sure hope we will get some contributions soon :)

Not really a gripe, but more of a suggestion; Might wanna get rid of the white lines around the three fakemon starters. It'd help make 'em look a little better outside of a white background. :3

Apart from that minor thing, the project looks pretty solid mates! :D

Edited by Aurorain

#FOLD is the master race.

Also I am kinda feeling bad about the likes I am getting because the starters are awesome. Zim made them, he should be getting the likes!

C'mon, y'all heard the man, upvote this post as a form of symbolic acceptance of our fakemon and whatnot. 3 upvotes per person, no refunds!

Also, mandatory:

f01.gif

I can't seriously go to dinner and come back to this holy shit XD! Well I'm mostly happy about Elliot and his dream of making a pokemon fangame becoming true and all, plus, I get to draw dem pokeymanz for all you people! With time, I hope the rest of things you'll see in this game are of your liking. Tomas wasn't lying when he said I get a bit..."creative" when making fakemon :P

What else what else... Oh yeah, Nova you magnificient son of a gun, you did that Lifoam sprite so fast that I'm gonna cry!!! ;D

This is looking pretty good right now.

And well, just for the sake of it, the pictures of the starters without the white background:

-Tiny lil' Eufur, so cute:

eufur_final_transparent_king_size_by_zim

-Cutsey kangaroo creature:

roobber_final_transparent_king_size_by_z

-Motherfucking #FOLD:

lifoam_final_transparent_king_size_by_zi

I generally make sketches of pokemon first and then show them to the people who requested them, so that's the general rule to go. If you have a suggestion for fakemon, send it to Tomas, then by a secret process he'll re-send it to me, then I'll use magic to turn them into something... good? I guess, and then I'll re-show the sketches to the person who suggested the idea in the fist place. After those people, Elliot, Hukuna and myself have criticised the design, I'm given green light and turn them into vectorial art for promotional stuff, banners and shirts (disclaimer: I do not make shirts). So yeah, if you think you can give a good pokemon to this game, feel free to.

I believe, Elliot, that at some point we should state what we have, or else people might suggest duplicates of already used ideas withouth knowing. Well we'll get to that.

And now if you excuse me, I must spontaneously combust myself.

Edited by zimvader42