Official Gym Leader Help Thread

Deleted User

47 minutes ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

The wild Purrloin in Aqua Gang's alley already know Fake Out.

Graveler also learns Stealth Rock on Lv. 30, which you can use to put a good dent on most of her Pokémon when they switch in. Yanmega in particular loses half HP from that. You should probably change its ability to Sturdy however, or capture another Graveler or Geodude that has Sturdy.

I never really caught a purrloin.Once the field is burning field from fire pledge,you can use pretty much any pokemon to beat shelly because her pokemons take a lot of damage from the field.

1 minute ago, Yagami said:

Once the field is burning field from fire pledge,you can use pretty much any pokemon to beat shelly because her pokemons take a lot of damage from the field.

It won't hurt Yanmega, which is easily Shelly's most dangerous Pokémon.

A Burning Field will also hurt most of his own Pokémon, and maybe he doesn't even want to or can't spend those Red Shards on Fire Pledge. In any case, Stealth Rock is another strategy that helps.

[[First Battle with Dr.Connell]]

[Toxicroak] [level 47]

- venoshock

- mudbomb

- sucker punch

- drain punch

-Ability:poison touch

-black belt

[Pidgeot] [level 45 ]

-wing attack

-whirlwind

-gust

-roost

-Ability:big pecks

-sky plate

[Pachirisu] [level 44]

-cut

-discharge

-thunder wave

-electro ball

- Ability: Volt Absorb

- cell battery

[Kricketune] [level 47]

-rock smash

- strength

- bug buzz

- X-Scissor

- Ability: swarm

- metronome

[Delphox] [level 47]

- Fire Pledge

- Will O Wisp

- Psyshock

- flamethrower

- Ability: Blaze

- item: odd incense

[misdreavus] [level 41]

- psybeam

- painsplit

- shadow ball

- destiny bond

- Ability: levitate

- no item

I feel weird having posted back to back, but anyways my team has been updated, but obviously not enough case im still getting y ass handed to me by connell and his discharges, once again im open to any sggestions for a pokkemon i might need to grind for or level up, or for a certain item...

@thatoneguy9718 If Discharge-spam is your main problem than any Pokémon resistant or immune to Electric could help with that. Piloswine and Dugtrio come to mind.

Can't say much more without any info on which of his Pokémon in particular are destroying you. 

Pachirisu and Kricketune probably won't do you much good in the coming battles, consider replacing them with something else. (Kricketune might be able to help with Sticky Web.)

Pidgeot doesn't exactly have a strong showing either for that part of the game; you can make it work if you want to, but it won't carry as much weight as most other Pokémon available now.

Hey there. So, I'm on my second playthrough of the game (came back for E16) and I'm at Samson right now. He pretty much bodies my entire team, as I don't have a lot of good bulk, and I'm pretty vulnerable to fighting type.

Heres what I have:

PARTY:

Ampharos: Level 62

Modest nature

Plus

Amplified Rock

-Thunder

-Power Gem

-Signal Beam

-Electric Terrain

Braviary: Level 55 (Just caught)

Rash nature

Defiant

No item

-Shadow Claw

-Brave Bird

-Crush Claw

-Sky Drop

Metagross: Level 66 (Traded from old save)

Bold nature

Clear Body

TwistedSpoon

-Meteor Mash

-Zen Headbutt

-Bullet Punch

-Hammer Arm

Nidoqueen: Level 63

Lonely nature

Poison Point

No item

-Crunch

-Iron Tail

-Earth Power

-Shadow Claw

Chandelure: Level 63

Naughty nature

Flame Body

Charcoal

-Flame Burst

-Shadow Ball

-Dark Pulse

-Will-O-Wisp

Crawdaunt: Level 61

Naive nature

Adaptability

Blackglasses

-Crabhammer

-Swords Dance

-Knock Off

-Rock Smash

BOX:

Arcanine: Level 60

Docile nature

Justified

Charcoal

-Crunch

-Heat Wave

-Outrage

-Flare Blitz

Gardevoir: Level 47 (Been boxed since I got Metagross, could be very useful)

Brave nature

Telepathy

No item

-Calm Mind

-Magical Leaf

-Draining Kiss

-Psychic

Venusaur: Level 48 (Turned it into an HM slave when I stopped using it)

Calm nature

Overgrow

No item

-Strength

-Rock Smash

-Flash

-Petal Dance

Dewgong: Level 39 (Leveling it for a special attacking water type)

Bashful nature

Ice Body

No item

-Headbutt

-Aurora Beam

-Aqua Jet

-Ice Shard

So, Gardevoir is the only promising thing I can see. But I'm not sure how to level it. My team struggles against the clown with the repeatable fights, so its not really viable for grinding right now. Any suggestions?

8 minutes ago, Buttulon said:

Hey there. So, I'm on my second playthrough of the game (came back for E16) and I'm at Samson right now. He pretty much bodies my entire team, as I don't have a lot of good bulk, and I'm pretty vulnerable to fighting type.

Heres what I have:

PARTY:

Ampharos: Level 62

Modest nature

Plus

Amplified Rock

-Thunder

-Power Gem

-Signal Beam

-Electric Terrain

Braviary: Level 55 (Just caught)

Rash nature

Defiant

No item

-Shadow Claw

-Brave Bird

-Crush Claw

-Sky Drop

Metagross: Level 66 (Traded from old save)

Bold nature

Clear Body

TwistedSpoon

-Meteor Mash

-Zen Headbutt

-Bullet Punch

-Hammer Arm

Nidoqueen: Level 63

Lonely nature

Poison Point

No item

-Crunch

-Iron Tail

-Earth Power

-Shadow Claw

Chandelure: Level 63

Naughty nature

Flame Body

Charcoal

-Flame Burst

-Shadow Ball

-Dark Pulse

-Will-O-Wisp

Crawdaunt: Level 61

Naive nature

Adaptability

Blackglasses

-Crabhammer

-Swords Dance

-Knock Off

-Rock Smash

BOX:

Arcanine: Level 60

Docile nature

Justified

Charcoal

-Crunch

-Heat Wave

-Outrage

-Flare Blitz

Gardevoir: Level 47 (Been boxed since I got Metagross, could be very useful)

Brave nature

Telepathy

No item

-Calm Mind

-Magical Leaf

-Draining Kiss

-Psychic

Venusaur: Level 48 (Turned it into an HM slave when I stopped using it)

Calm nature

Overgrow

No item

-Strength

-Rock Smash

-Flash

-Petal Dance

Dewgong: Level 39 (Leveling it for a special attacking water type)

Bashful nature

Ice Body

No item

-Headbutt

-Aurora Beam

-Aqua Jet

-Ice Shard

So, Gardevoir is the only promising thing I can see. But I'm not sure how to level it. My team struggles against the clown with the repeatable fights, so its not really viable for grinding right now. Any suggestions?

Don't worry, I also hate Samson. He's pretty much the worst if you're not prepared! I have three recommendations:

1) Catch Hawlucha and train it up, as it takes advantage of the field effects and hits back for super effective damage.

2) Get Gardevoir back in your party for now.

3) This sounds extremely nuts, but replace one of Braviary's moves with Nature Power if it can learn the move. This is because Nature Power becomes Acrobatics, which is field effect boosted.

1 minute ago, FactoryofSadness said:

Don't worry, I also hate Samson. He's pretty much the worst if you're not prepared! I have three recommendations:

1) Catch Hawlucha and train it up, as it takes advantage of the field effects and hits back for super effective damage.

2) Get Gardevoir back in your party for now.

3) This sounds extremely nuts, but replace one of Braviary's moves with Nature Power if it can learn the move. This is because Nature Power becomes Acrobatics, which is field effect boosted.

1) Oooh, I didnt even think about that. I'll give it a shot.

2) Yep, I got it back out after posting this. Its been really tedious grinding it up on wild pokemon though.

3) That would be super useful, but sadly, Braviary can't learn it. None of my pokemon can, actually.

Just now, Buttulon said:

1) Oooh, I didnt even think about that. I'll give it a shot.

2) Yep, I got it back out after posting this. Its been really tedious grinding it up on wild pokemon though.

3) That would be super useful, but sadly, Braviary can't learn it. None of my pokemon can, actually.

Yeah, grinding is pretty much the worst. Luckily, I think there is a guy you can continuously challenge to battles by the circus. I also think he gives you a lot of money for winning, so you can buy things such as Cotton Candies if necessary. Also, forget about number 3. Just found that out as well.

Just now, FactoryofSadness said:

Yeah, grinding is pretty much the worst. Luckily, I think there is a guy you can continuously challenge to battles by the circus. I also think he gives you a lot of money for winning, so you can buy things such as Cotton Candies if necessary. Also, forget about number 3. Just found that out as well.

Yeah I know about the guy there, but unfortunately my team struggles against him. I end up losing 9 times out of 10, costing me a buttload of cash.

Marionette 

Team

Swampert Lv 34

Rock Slide

Mud Bomb

Water Gun

Work Up

Lycanroc Lv 33

Accelrock

Rock Tomb

Bite

Stealth Rock 

Scolipede Lv 34

Bug Bite

Poison Tail

Venoshock

Baton Pass

Growlithe Lv 34

Flame Charge

Flamethrower 

Reversal

Retaliate

One thing I notice is that Marionette's Team is not only high powered but also have a wide coverage of moves to combat my team any additions or removal will be fine with me Jericho Thank you ☺

Edited by DqBlizzard262
typo

6 hours ago, Buttulon said:

Yeah I know about the guy there, but unfortunately my team struggles against him. I end up losing 9 times out of 10, costing me a buttload of cash.

I said this in your original thread and I'll just leave it here too. Trick Room does wonders

On 7/20/2017 at 1:57 AM, DqBlizzard262 said:

Marionette 

Team

Swampert Lv 34

Rock Slide

Mud Bomb

Water Gun

Work Up

Lycanroc Lv 33

Accelrock

Rock Tomb

Bite

Stealth Rock 

Scolipede Lv 34

Bug Bite

Poison Tail

Venoshock

Baton Pass

Growlithe Lv 34

Flame Charge

Flamethrower 

Reversal

Retaliate

One thing I notice is that Marionette's Team is not only high powered but also have a wide coverage of moves to combat my team any additions or removal will be fine with me Jericho Thank you ☺

This is for Reborn, not Rejuvenation. Having said that, if you have a psychic type such as Swoobat or Gothorita, it can do wonders with the boost.

• 1 month later...

Came back to reborn after about 7 months, discovered that I'm stuck on Adrienn. Any team edit / strat suggestions would be appreciated :D

NOTE:  I realize that Sandslash isn't the strongest ground type possible, but I don't plan on removing him or swapping him out for even one fight.

[Adrienn]

Sandslash - 80
N/A
Sand Rush
Jolly
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Dig
- Brick Break

EV: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

~

Dodrio - 80
Silk Scarf
Early Bird
Hardy
- Brave Bird
- Drill Peck
- Thrash
- Agility

EV: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

~

Bisharp - 80
Metal Coat
Defiant
Lonely
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Metal Burst

EV: 252 Attack, 252 Defense, 4 HP

~

Ampharos - 80
Air Baloon
Static
Mild
- Discharge
- Thunder Wave
- Cotton Guard
- Signal Beam

Not EV trained

~

Garbodor - 80
Air Baloon
Stench
Calm
- Infestation
- Toxic
- Amnesia
- Sludge Wave

Not EV trained

~

Empoleon - 80
Wave Incense
Defiant

Adamant
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Metal Claw
- Waterfall

EV: 252 Attack, 252 Defense, 4 HP

~

--Other Pokemon Available--
Dunsparce - 60
Seaking - 63

Beartic - 80

Camperupt - 69

Bronzong - 80

Golurk - 80
----

Non-useful Information: I have a lot of moo-moo milks. A lot.

@Leuser Well, what exactly is giving you trouble? Is it the Field or certain Pokémon that you can't take out?

Anyhow, Bisharp should do you good for this battle. If it's too slow to reliably take out enemies you can use Bronzong's Trick Room to make it go first. (Give it an Iron Ball if necessary.) Bronzong should also be able to deal good damage with Gyro Ball or Heavy Slam (dunno which one is better for this fight); you can also have it use Sand Storm to support Sandslash when Trick Room isn't up.

I've heard Escavalier under Trick Room totally destroys Adrienn, so that one might be worth getting.

Your Sandslash probably won't be much use in this battle; Earthquake endangers its partners, particularly the Steel and Poison Types that counter Fairiys and neither Iron Head nor Poison Jab are available yet. (Iirc the Iron Head Tutor can only be available after Adrienn, assuming he'll even show up at all in your game.) You can't use it to just Earthquake everything either because of Togekiss. You could try and time a Sword Dance-boosted Dig to take out Mawile as soon as it shows up, but other than that Sandslash likely won't get to deal any super effective damage. It doesn't take Special attacks well at all, so trying to Shadow Claw Gardevoir would be dangerous.

If the Field is giving you trouble you could try poisoning the Misty Field with Garbodor; it'll harm most of your Pokémon as well, but will boost any Poison Offense you can get your hands on. Alternatively you could get something with Electric Terrain or Grassy Field; the latter can also be turned into a Corrosive Field if you have any Poison moves at your disposal.

Don't know if this is the right spot to ask, but would anyone be willing to go onto my save to try to beat Ciel for me? No matter what I lose to her and I cant really find a place to train up an ice type, or even find the time to do so since college is a thing... if it's not possible to beat Ciel with my team or pokemon in my box, should I restart? And if so what should I do to make my team better? thanks in advance!

Game.rxdata

51 minutes ago, jakk8399 said:

Don't know if this is the right spot to ask, but would anyone be willing to go onto my save to try to beat Ciel for me? No matter what I lose to her and I cant really find a place to train up an ice type, or even find the time to do so since college is a thing... if it's not possible to beat Ciel with my team or pokemon in my box, should I restart? And if so what should I do to make my team better? thanks in advance!

Game.rxdata

Done. I had to use some of your healing items, but since you have a good stock of them I don't think you mind. 

Game.rxdata

Just now, jakk8399 said:

Thank you so much! Should I keep graveler and train it up or invest in another pokemon that isn't roserade?

The only reason I used your Geodude - now Graveler - was to set Stealth Rocks. Roserade might be handy in the next gym battle, but you really need better moves. I can't remember if Sludge Bomb will be obtainable, but Venoshock is. You can find it in Byxbysion Wasteland iirc.

Ugh. I just spent some time doing it too, only to be ninja'd.

Just so you know, I used only the mons you had on your team, and a good chunk of your healing items. Just in case you want the file, here it is, but Zagerth's is probably better due to having used fewer of your items... @jakk8399

Game.rxdata

Edited by Alistair

• 2 months later...
  • Global Mods

guys i hate this gal

some of these mons are unobtainable (this early or ever) i added them in they are scraggy and dieno

[Shelly]

froagadier lvl 33

-smack down

-lick

-quick atack

-water pulse

pawniard lvl 33

-metal claw

-feint attack

-fury cutter

-psycho cut

scraggy lvl 33 

-high jump kick

-swagger

-feint attack

-chip away

sneasel lvl 33

-ice punch

-beat up

-feint attack

-metal claw

stunky lvl 33

-slash

-acid spray

-toxic

-screech

vullaby lvl 33

-fury attack

-pluck

-nasty plot

-knock off

***other pokes in the PC***

Purrloin lvl 24 or 25

mightyena lvl 28

murkrow lvl 25

cacnea lvl 20

pancham lvl 23

and i have a dieno (don't ask why)

so plz help and don't tell me i can't get a fire type because i'm doing a monodark and the only fire type obtainable is houndour and i can only get him after i beat shelly

help me 

29 minutes ago, dragonsbeat said:

some of these mons are unobtainable (this early or ever) i added them in

29 minutes ago, dragonsbeat said:

i can't get a fire type because i'm doing a monodark and the only fire type obtainable is houndour and i can only get him after i beat shelly

image.png.7c45aaccbe7f7496626cbdb76eeb38ff.png

In all seriousness: is there a certain mon that is giving you trouble? I'd say bring Pawniard/Scraggy against Anorith, as well as using Sneasel and Frogadier against Masquerain and Yanmega. What you could do is evolve Frogadier to Greninja, then use Common Candy. Also, your Stunky is one level away from evolving. Skuntank learns Flamethrower, making it even more useful.

3 hours ago, dragonsbeat said:

guys i hate this gal

some of these mons are unobtainable (this early or ever) i added them in they are scraggy and dieno

[Shelly]

froagadier lvl 33

-smack down

-lick

-quick atack

-water pulse

pawniard lvl 33

-metal claw

-feint attack

-fury cutter

-psycho cut

scraggy lvl 33 

-high jump kick

-swagger

-feint attack

-chip away

sneasel lvl 33

-ice punch

-beat up

-feint attack

-metal claw

stunky lvl 33

-slash

-acid spray

-toxic

-screech

vullaby lvl 33

-fury attack

-pluck

-nasty plot

-knock off

Purrloin lvl 24 or 25

mightyena lvl 28

murkrow lvl 25

cacnea lvl 20

pancham lvl 23

so plz help and don't tell me i can't get a fire type because i'm doing a monodark and the only fire type obtainable is houndour and i can only get him after i beat shelly

help me 

Use Fake Out on Illumise with a Liepard and set the field on fire with a Skuntank knowing Flame Burst. You can breed Flame Burst on a Stunky via a Growlithe or Simisear. Hope it works :) 

21 hours ago, dragonsbeat said:

guys i hate this gal

[Shelly]

froagadier lvl 33

-smack down

-lick

-quick atack

-water pulse

pawniard lvl 33

-metal claw

-feint attack

-fury cutter

-psycho cut

scraggy lvl 33 

-high jump kick

-swagger

-feint attack

-chip away

sneasel lvl 33

-ice punch

-beat up

-feint attack

-metal claw

stunky lvl 33

-slash

-acid spray

-toxic

-screech

vullaby lvl 33

-fury attack

-pluck

-nasty plot

-knock off

Purrloin lvl 24 or 25

mightyena lvl 28

murkrow lvl 25

cacnea lvl 20

pancham lvl 23

help me 

Good luck against Kiki and Samson :D

I am doing a Dark Type run on Rejuvenation, and for me was Keta(Fighting gym) the hell^^ I won only with very much luck...

But really try to do what @Jess and @Zargerth said, cause this can be very helpful

also can Toxic and Acid Spray(which lowers the Sp. Def down) be useful here :)

Edit: I hope your mightyena has Moxie :D Try to relearn him ThunderFang, it can be very strong if the Illumise uses Rain Dance and your Mighty gets bossted with Moxie

Edited by HellBoyOnEarth

• Global Mods
10 hours ago, HellBoyOnEarth said:

Good luck against Kiki and Samson :D

I am doing a Dark Type run on Rejuvenation, and for me was Keta(Fighting gym) the hell^^ I won only with very much luck...

But really try to do what @Jess and @Zargerth said, cause this can be very helpful

also can Toxic and Acid Spray(which lowers the Sp. Def down) be useful here :)

Edit: I hope your mightyena has Moxie :D Try to relearn him ThunderFang, it can be very strong if the Illumise uses Rain Dance and your Mighty gets bossted with Moxie

I actually think kiki samson and adrienn will be easier than shelly (she's a nightmare)

i love shelly but i hate to battle her before i have done this i played reborn with a mono-flying,rock,fire and water and she gave me trouble the most like how is she weaker than bugsy and how did fern won against her with 4 mons i call hax

well if i'm going to have a problem with her i'm gonna post here again

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I need help with the new Shade battle. Most of you probably have not vsed shade so here are the details I remember

Shade-

Spoiler

Gengar

Normal Rotom

Banette

Dhelmise(Lum berry)

Doublade

Mimikyu(sitrus berry)
-Thunderbolt

-Brick Break

-Swords Dance

-Shadow Claw

My big big issue here is the

Spoiler

mimikyu.

It is probably faster than my whole team and oneshots everything.

I currently have:

Swoobat

-Confusion

-Air Cutter

-Calm Mind

-Air Slash

Scrafty

-Crunch

-Chip Away

-High Jump Kick

-Drain Punch

Clawitzer

-Water Pulse

-Aqua Jet

-Swords Dance

-Aura Sphere

Growlithe

-Flamethrower

-Flame Burst

-Crunch

-Close Combat

Decidueye

-Pluck

-Razor Leaf

-Spirit Shackle

-Sucker Punch

Raticate

-Super Fang

-Hyper Fang

-Crunch

-Sucker Punch

I also would like to add that I am trying to play the game using the set battle style.

Anyone have some ideas?