Official Gym Leader Help Thread

Deleted User

Snip-Snap

Got any Heart Scales on hand? Teaching your Arcanine Thunder Fang might prove useful. There's a plethora of rocks to mine inside of Ameterine Mountain. When facing Altaria, use a Max Revive on Magnezone and immediately Paralyze it. That will give you leway to heal / revive Gardevoir or Magnezone again.

Arcanine

- Flamethrower

- Close Combat

- Thunder Fang

- Extreme Speed

TBH keeping Flamethrower was not bad at all. , Mixed offence works well on Arcanine.

Probably you have defeated Ciel by now.

Though I will tell you how you can do it if you still haven't.

First of all get a Rock type which learns Stone Edge.You can have Graveler and evolve it too Golem. Rhyperior is also a option.

Replace it with Arcanine.

Now give your Rock type mon a balloon and go for the battle.

Scrafty will take care of Togekiss.

Archeops can be killed by Magnezone.

Gardevoir will eliminate Noivern.

Send Golem/Rhyperior against Gliscor and knock it out with a Stone Edge.

Talonflame will have to face your Golem/ Rhyperior plus Swampert. So it have no chance.

And Mega Altaria can be knocked out with 2 flash canons of mighty Magnezone.

Best of Luck!!

Edited by Debojit97

Well, I don't know if it's the best place to ask for help on a Mono run, but...

I am having trouble with Kiki on my Mono Ice run. Basically, the main problem is that Strength OHKO's everyone on my team, and I can't really set up on anyone because Meditate is broken.

Here is the team:

Beartic | Level 43
None
Snow Cloak
Rash
- Icicle Crash
- Brine
- Slash
- Charm

Sneasel | Level 41
None
Keen Eye
Mild
- Metal Claw
- Feint Attack
- Rock Smash
- Hone Claws

Vanillish | Level 40
NeverMeltIce
Icy Body
Relaxed
- Mist
- Mirror Shot
- Ice Beam
- Icy Wind

Dewgong | Level 41
None
Thick Fat
Lax
- Headbutt
- Brine
- Encore
- Icy Wind

Jynx | Level 42
None
Foresight
Brave
- Powder Snow
- Confusion
- Avalanche
- Nasty Plot

Piloswine | Level 44
None
Thick Fat
Jolly
- Mist
- Earthquake
- Icy Wind
- ice Shard

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to deafeat Kiki. It took a lot of setting up and getting lucky, but in the end I was able to get Piloswine to sweep Kiki's team with Earthquakes.

Edited by Anstane

• 4 weeks later...

MONOTYPE DRAGON RUN

My Team:

Dragonair (34)

No Item

Shed Skin

Nature: Timid

Dragon Rage

Dragon Tail

Thunder Wave

Twister

Deino (34)

No Item

Hustle

Nature: Docile

Crunch

Dragon Rage

Dragon Pulse

Headbutt

Fraxure (35)

No Item

Unnerve

Nature: Lax

Dragon Dance

Dragon Claw

Slash

Assurance

Goomy (32)

No Item

Gooey

Nature: Careful

Dragon Breath

Rain Dance

Bubble

Body Slam

Noibat (33)

No Item

Infiltrator

Screech

Supersonic

Air Cutter

Bite

Man. I've been stuck. So. Damn. Hard. This is like trying to run monosteel into kiki, except this time I dont have an empoleon to carry me, and it's a double battle that spams dazzling gleam + icy wind. I really wanna die. I have no idea what I'm doing at this point.

Fraxure can 1 shot everyone except heather and wormadam with a dragon dance + dragon claw.

Fraxure dies in 2 hits to anything.

Fraxure outspeeds everyone with a dragon dance

Dragonair outspeeds everyone until he gets hit by icy wind.

Goomy is legit useless, been using her to paralyze via dragon breath, Otherwise she does no damage. Decent tank though, could possibly use as a potion bot?

Deino dies in 1 hit.

Noibat dies in 1 hit if they use icy wind or rock slide (anortih) or anything from Heather.

Edited by Mortally Divine

Lead with Fraxure and Dragonair and use Dragonair to Thunder Wave whatever is using Dazzling Gleam. Meanwhile use Dragon Dance with Fraxure and pray for it to survive that first round. If it does, thanks to the paralysis you just inflicted for instance, proceed to sweep everything with Dragon Claw while you use Dragonair's turns to spam potions. Whenever you have some breathing room, stack a second or third Dragon Dance. When Dragonair dies, replace it with Goomy. Rinse and repeat.

Edit: find yourself a 6th team member, whatever it is, just to have some more cannon fodder if needed.

Edited by Alistair

So leave whatever is paralyzed alive for the entire fight?

Also, Masquerain is first out which cuts Fraxure's attack... so I'd have to use two dragon dances

Managed to beat shelly, not sure if I got lucky or what.

Started with dragonair and a noibat that I randomly caught (shiny) just as a throwaway to avoid the intimidate on fraxure.

paralyze stopped illumise's first move, and masquerain used energy ball on the noibat. IDK why, but noibat got off an air cutter.

Dragonair paralyzed masquerain, and both of them lost their turn, and took another air cutter.
Dragonair hits illumise with dragon rage, illumise uses bug bite, noibat lives with 1 hp, then dies to icy wind from masquerain.

Dragonair uses another dragon rage on illumise, but it got healed. Meanwhile, the newly sent out fraxure uses dragon dance. Masquerain loses turn to paralyze.

Fraxure begins sweeping, being healed by dragonair. Fraxure ended up being 1 shot, but she was down to a paralyzed masqeurain + bugsy.

I double heal dragonair, she drops dragonair to 5/8ths and kills noibat #2.

dragonair uses thunder wave to paralyze bugsy, she drops deino to 1 hp and almost kills dragonair.

I dragon rage them to death as she loses her final turns to paralyzation.

My god RNG finally played in my favor.. I feel so relieved xd

Edited by Mortally Divine

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I literally can not beat Radomus.

I only have my team of 6 trained, yes you have the right to call me unprepared for Reborn.

My team is:

Drapion lv. 55

Holding Poison Barb

Ability: Keen Eye

Moves:

Bug Bite

Poison Fang

Crunch

Hone Claws

Gardevoir lv. 55

Holding TwistedSpoon

Ability: Trace

Moves:

Psychic

Disarming Voice

Teleport

Calm Mind

Eelektross lv. 53

Ability: Levitate

Moves:

Crunch

Thunder Wave

Thunderbolt

Charge Beam

Crawdaunt lv. 52

Ability: Adaptibility

Moves:

Rock Smash

Crunch

Swords Dance

Crabhammer

Mamoswine lv. 56

Ability: Thick Fat

Moves:

Earthquake

AncientPower

Ice Shard

Strength

Blaziken lv. 58

Holding Black Belt

Ability: Speed Boost

Moves:

Double Kick (I know, I just haven't bothered going to the move tutor for it yet.)

Bulk Up

Blaze Kick

Shadow Claw

I would also like general team advice if there is any to be had. I've been thinking about replacing Drapion with something else.

How specifically are you having trouble? Besides Blaziken, your team seems like it should be okay, but I'll see what I can do anyway. Psychic-types in general tend to have high special defense but low physical defense, so moves like Mamoswine's Earthquake and Crawdaunt's Crab Hammer should do good damage, especially after Swords Dance.

Gallade with Close Combat should be KO'd ASAP. I suggest leading with Drapion and Eelektross and having them both gang up on Gallade with Crunch. Eelektross can use Thunder Wave then afterwards support Drapion in attacking. It's also possible to lead with Gardevoir and have it use one or two Calm Minds, which has double effect thanks to the field, and then just use brute force with Psychic. Enough buffs will offset the type resistance.

Once you get past Gallade, your team already has the typing to cover the rest of Radomus's team. Eelektross and Mamoswine have good synergy with Levitate + Earthquake. Crawdaunt has Swords Dance if you can safely set it up. Even Blaziken can get in a hit or two with Shadow Claw. You'd just need to keep your team healthy. Don't be afraid to heal and revive.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanting to build up a solid team to fight Adrienn. Don't know when I'll fight erm...Adrienn, but I want to get prepared asap. Suggest me pokemons and movesets to use, based on the style Adrienn wil probably use. 

These pokemon I'll surely use: Aggron and Dragalge, since they're lv 75-77 already.

My possibilies are:

Seviper

Rosarade

Toxicroak

Drapion

Nidoking 

Accepting other suggestions, though. My plan is to see if I can corrupt that misty field and also dissipate the mist.

I might also use Hariyama because of Heavy Slam and he's fully trained as well. Don't know if it's a good idea, though.

30 minutes ago, Rshiran said:

Just wanting to build up a solid team to fight Adrienn. Don't know when I'll fight erm...Adrienn, but I want to get prepared asap. Suggest me pokemons and movesets to use, based on the style Adrienn wil probably use. 

These pokemon I'll surely use: Aggron and Dragalge, since they're lv 75-77 already.

My possibilies are:

Seviper

Rosarade

Toxicroak

Drapion

Nidoking 

Accepting other suggestions, though. My plan is to see if I can corrupt that misty field and also dissipate the mist.

I might also use Hariyama because of Heavy Slam and he's fully trained as well. Don't know if it's a good idea, though.

Steel types are your best bet to beat Adrienn, since xe has things to counter poison types. I wouldn't recommend Hariyama since it's a fighting type and is pretty slow, meaning it'll just get KOed before it can do anything. Out of the ones you've listed, Nidoking, Drapion, Roserade and Toxicroak are the better choices (ie don't use Seviper ever). Nidoking is really good since it also hits one of Adrienn's strongest mons that would otherwise be immune to poison attacks.

But as I said Steel types are still the best way, and Aggron isn't the strongest out of them. I still recommend using it, but try using another stronger steel mon as well. My personal recommendation is Metagross since it can pretty much KO almost everything with Meteor Mash. But any of these also work: Lucario (with Iron tail), Excadrill, Magnezone, Escavalier, Bisharp.

Finished my mono Psychic type run today and I've gotta say, Malamar saves the day (no pun intended). The inverse field really messes with most of your enemies because the AI can't adjust to the inverted type scaling and it's easy to obtain. If you don't want to train any new Pkm I advise you to utilize Roserade's Grassy Terrain. This should greatly increase your damage output since half of your Pkm deal special damage and Mist increases Sp. Def of Fairy type Pkm by 50%.

The New Leader of E16

Honchkrow Lv.79

Moxie

Adamant

Sucker Punch

Brave Bird

Night Slash

Tailwind

Meowstic Lv.76

Infiltrator

Modest

Dark Pulse

Signal Beam

Charge Beam

Psychic

Blaziken

Charcoal

Speed Boost

Jolly

Brick Break

Brave Bird

Flare Blitz

Bulk Up

Roserade Lv.75

Miracle Seed

Poison Point

Calm

Giga Drain

Nature Power/HP Fire

Leech Seed

Toxik Spikes

Clefable Lv.76

Magic Guard

Bold

Moonblast

Cosmic Power

Stored Power

Flamethrower

Dragalge (On training) Lv. 54

Adaptability

Modest

Dragon Pulse

Hydro Pump/Surf

Sludge Wave

I don't know

In PC :

Rotom,Nidorina,Pilowswine,Timburr,Litwick,Noibat,Mareep,Whismur,Snubbul,Growlithe

I don't know where I can training my mons and I would replace Meowstic for a Gardevoir or an Alakazam.

I'm blocked on xyr two first mons they outspeed all my team and with the field effect it's just OP plus I'm underleveled.

I beat the leader with trace intimidate and predict the swith of the mega to togekiss and bulk up with blaziken and sweep xyr team.THANKS! 

Edited by NexenNéo

Well, i think indeed you can replace that meowstic. In order to train your pokemon, you have people in the grand hall, exp share is your friend !

Gardevoir is a good choice, if you prefer a steel types for this gym, the best options are: Metagross, Magnezone, Drillbur i think.

Edited by Razkar

Is my team any good to defeat the Dark-Gym leader?

Okay, I'm at 7th street right now. I was able to get a lot of department store stickers (Last one being in Route 1 which took me like 3 hours, and a lot of guide help)

Right now all Pokemons in my team have held-items.

Radomus took a little bit of an effort. I had to use "Taunt" to negate Trick Room which made me win (by luck)

Also, I was able to change a couple of natures on my Pokemons to suit them perfectly while I was at 7th street . This is my team, based on your knowledge of defeating the Dark-Gym leader, can I win? 

For some reason, after I won against Radomus, I kinda was afraid when Luna started talking saying things like how the darkness is misunderstood. This made me believe her battle is gonna be 10 times harder than Radomus.

1). Delphox (Timid Lv 56) Magician

Held Item: Lax Incense

-Flamethrower

-Hp-Grass

-Shadow Ball

-Psychic

2). Jellicent (Hasty Lv 55) Cursed Body (My Police man egg event)

Held Item: Wave Incense

-Rain Dance

-Sludge Wave

-Hex

-Hydro Pump

3).Mamoswine (Naive Lv57) Thick Fat (An Amazing person here bred it for me for Happiny)

Held Item: NeverMeltIce

-Icicle Crash (Egg move)

-Earthquake

-Strength

-Blizzard

4).Magneton (Mild Lv56) Sturdy

Held Item: Bright Powder (From Department Store)

-Discharge

-Tri-attack

-Thunder Wave

-Flash Cannon

5). Toxicroak (Naive Lv56)  Poison Touch

Held Item: Black Sludge

-Poison Jab

-Taunt (The move that made me win against Radomus and Shelly)

-Sucker Punch

-Drain Punch

6). Togekiss (Rash Lv 56) Hustle (An amazing person here traded it to me)

Held Item: Scope Lense (From Department Store)

-Aura Sphere

-Yawn

-Air Slash

-Extresonsary

Now, the only Pokemon that can counter dark is only Toxicroak, but I'm pretty much confused on how to counter her as a whole. 

Edited by Rainlove

Well, considering the double-types of some of her pokemons i think you can with your team, i'll put a spoiler if you don't want to know her tean

Spoiler

Honchrow -> weak to ice and electric, Manoswine, Magneton

Tyranitar -> weak to ground, water -> jellyscent, Manoswine

Bisharp -> weak to fire -> Delphox

Malamar and Tenefix can be dealed with i guess, i'll keep toxicroak for her ace, Umbreon (which has toxic so Toxicroak is a good counter)

You can level up your pokemon, if you want to be sure to win ^^

Luna's team is pretty bulky , two of her Pokémon have Moonlight which is boosted by the field and heal 75% so try to have toxik on your toxicroak. Her other mons have night slash or dark pulse boosted by the field and are bulky but they are all slow so I think all your team can outspeed them. Just train them to lv.60-62 and you can beat that leader but the next gym leader is just after that battle and you can't return to reborn city so be sure to have what you want before you go at the next city.

Edited by NexenNéo

• 2 weeks later...

I have trouble with Radomus

My team is

Noivern 57

Quiet

Air cutter 

Air slash

Super Fang

Shadow claw

Meowstic 56 

Calm

Sucker punch

Signal beam 

stored power

psychic

Golem 57

Gentle

Magnitude

Stone edge

smack down

Earthquake

Pangoro 57

Gentle

Body slam 

crunch

sky uppercut

Hammer arm

Charizard 57

Bashfull

wing attack

flamethower

flame burst

dragon rage

Piloswine 57

serious

Rock smash 

trash

blizzard 

earthquake

I'm really stuck and i want help and I don't have any other good ones

18 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I have trouble with Radomus

My team is

Noivern 57

Quiet

Air cutter 

Air slash

Super Fang

Shadow claw

Meowstic 56 

Calm

Sucker punch

Signal beam 

stored power

psychic

Golem 57

Gentle

Magnitude

Stone edge

smack down

Earthquake

Pangoro 57

Gentle

Body slam 

crunch

sky uppercut

Hammer arm

Charizard 57

Bashfull

wing attack

flamethower

flame burst

dragon rage

Piloswine 57

serious

Rock smash 

trash

blizzard 

earthquake

I'm really stuck and i want help and I don't have any other good ones

Your team could win but make sure you know the pattern of which mons Radomus will play . I can recommend a good mon for this, Drapion. It has resistance to Gallade/Reuniclus' Fighting moves and immunity to Psychics. It's Poison/Dark move + Sniper are sure to OHKO/2HKO Gossip Gardevoir/Metang. Don't waste time dealing with Slowking, it has high stat for both Hp/Sp.Def, finish it quickly with Pangoro's Crunch.

13 minutes ago, Nagisa_Hideyoshi said:

Your team could win but make sure you know the pattern of which mons Radomus will play . I can recommend a good mon for this, Drapion. It has resistance to Gallade/Reuniclus' Fighting moves and immunity to Psychics. It's Poison/Dark move + Sniper are sure to OHKO/2HKO Gossip Gardevoir/Metang. Don't waste time dealing with Slowking, it has high stat for both Hp/Sp.Def, finish it quickly with Pangoro's Crunch.

Ok I will replace piloswine is ite with drapion but where is it?

Is it available only via evolving skorupi?

Edited by SuperNova

You can get Drapion at Bysbyxion Wasteland. If you have Scopes that could increase critical ratio, it's even better. Make sure Radomus don't have EQ or powerful Ground type moves since it's Drapion's weakness.

[HorribleSubs]_Bakuon!!.jpg

Please. Someone, stop me from using this pic in threads.

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried everything with my current team that I was able to think of, still haven't managed to beat Charlotte. I don't have the Rainy Day TM.

I ended up catching Absol and Bronzong, and used them in place of my Bisharp and Garbodor.

@Razkar I probably would use a Rhyperior, or Camperupt if I were wanting a better ground type, but I always use a sandslash on my team if it is available, regardless of game. I appreciate the tip, though.

Absol

Spoiler

Absol - 70

N/A

Pressure

Jolly

- Perish Song

- Night Slash

- Psycho Cut

- Detect

Bronzong

Spoiler

Bronzong - 68

Amplified Rock

Calm

- Rain Dance

- Extrasensory

- Confuse Ray

- Heavy Slam

[Charlotte]

Sandslash - 70
N/A
Sand Rush
Jolly
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Dig
- Slash

EV: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

~

Dodrio - 69
Persim Berry
Early Beard
Hardy
- Brave Bird
- Drill Peck
- Thrash
- Agility

EV: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

~

Bisharp - 70
Metal Coat
Defiant
Lonely
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Metal Burst

EV: 252 Attack, 252 Defense, 4 HP

~

Empoleon - 69
Wave Incense
Defiant

Adamant
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Metal Claw
- Dive

EV: 252 Attack, 252 Defense, 4 HP

~

Ampharos - 68
Air Baloon
Static
Mild
- Discharge
- Thunder Wave
- Cotton Guard
- Signal Beam

Not EV trained

~

Garbodor - 70
Air Baloon
Stench
Calm
- Infestation
- Toxic
- Amnesia
- Sludge Wave

Not EV trained

~

--Other Pokemon Available--
Dunsparce - 63
Swoobat  - 59

Bibarel - 54
----

Non-useful Information : I have a lot of moo-moo milks. A lot.

Edited by Leuser
No longer require help.

Are you willing to change some of your pokemons ?

If not i think you'll have to set up your sandslash and save your Empoleon for Rottom-heat

If you are, they are plenty of better mons, depends on which ones you are willing to keep.

You can get a Rhyperior, very usefull in this fight in the caves on route 3.

• 2 weeks later...

I could really use help with the 3 consecutive battles at the celestinine cascade with team meteor (after the sewage treatment plant).

my team is: 

Pangoro Lv. 72 

attacks:

Hammer Arm

Surf

Low Sweep

Crunch

Altaria Lv. 72

attacks:

Perish song

Moonblast

Fly

Sky Attack

Flygon Lv. 74

attacks:

Dragon Claw

Super Power

Crunch

Earthquake

Meowstic Lv. 74

attacks:

Signal Beam

Shadow Ball

Dark Pulse

Psychic

Arcanine Lv. 74

attacks:

Crunch

Flamethrower

Heat Wave

Morning Sun

Walrein Lv. 51 (in training)

attacks:

Ice Fang

Waterfall

Blizzard

Swagger

Can you elaborate on which enemies are giving you trouble exactly? We'll be able to give you better advice that way.

As for general advice, try to take out the bigger threat first. That's especially true for the Blake+Fern battle, since Florinias entire team is weak to his Ice Types; if you're forced to go 2vs1, you're pretty much already done for. If you can set up a Grassy Field or Sunny Day, then Arcanine's Heat Wave should be extremely useful, since it's super effective against five of Blake's and three of Fern's Pokémon. Even without a boost, it might still leave a sizable dent in their teams, depending on how good your Arcanine's SpAtk is.

For the third battle, too: Take out the bigger threat first; if you're lucky, he might even Earthquake his ally to death.

As I see it, your team seems to have almost all the tools neccessary to deal with the enemies, only missing a Rock or maybe Electric attack. Flygon learns Rock Slide, you should probably replace either Crunch or Super Power with it.

If you feel like some of your Pokémon can't contribute to the battles, consider switching them out for something else. Got any options in your box?

Edited by Gentleman Jaggi