Warnings and Properly Enforcing the Statutes of Reborn

Tacos

As you can probably determine from the title, this announcement pertains to a few new warnings, and a warning that many of you have probably never heard of, that I’d like to bring to all of your attentions.

So, first of all, what are warnings?

Warnings, for those of you who don’t know, are a way in which the staff members enforce the rules by giving warning points to rule-breaking members. These warning points vary in quantity depending on the severity of the committed infraction. Not all warnings give points, and these points will decay over time.

So, what's the big deal about warning points?

Well, warning points actually affect your privileges on Reborn, and can stack up quicker than you might think. Also, the consequences for these warning points will become increasingly severe the more you have at any one time. Additionally, the more severe the infraction is, the longer that incident's warning points will stay. Below is a list of consequences for receiving these warning points.

• 1: The user is no longer eligible for Voice.
  • 2: The user loses voice status.
  • 3: The user loses Ace status and is no longer eligible to buy it.
  • 5: The user is put on a 30-day post preview.
  • 7: The user is locked on the server until they fall below 7 points.
  • 10: The user is banned from the server and forum. Appeal is possible after 6 months, if the ban is respected.
How can I keep myself from acquiring warning points?
Well, the easiest way to refrain from receiving warning points is to make sure you've both read and understand the Reborn Community Rules. By ensuring that you follow these rules for both the server and forums, you shouldn't need to receive warning points.
What were the additional warning points mentioned previously?
As stated above, there are two new warnings as of now, as well as a warning we'd like to enforce more. These warnings are for Inappropriate Profile, Public Call-out, and Signature Length Violation.
Inappropriate Profile
One of the newer warnings, this warning pertains to inappropriate content displayed on a member's profile. This covers any offensive or inappropriate content found within a member's About Me, Signature, Trainer Card, Name, Profile Picture, or any other aspects of a member's profile. The amount of warning points received for this infraction is 2. Keep in mind, a member will not receive 2 warning points for each inappropriate feature found in the profile for one incident, but multiple incidents can call for an additional 2 points.
Public Call-out and the Proper Way to Handle Rule-Breaking Members
Public Call-outs refer to incidents in which a member calls out another member publicly for breaking a rule. While it sounds perfectly alright, it can often times make the situation worse. There are often incidents in which a member will commit multiple infractions on the rules in a brief amount of time. Because there is not much time for immediate moderator reaction to the incidents, some members end up taking on the responsibility of verbally warning the member. However, there seems to be a tendency in which people get irritable and respond in a rather pugnacious manner. This causes an unnecessary amount of negativity and often will add fuel to the fire. To try and prevent scenarios such as this, I'd like to bring your attention to the new Public Call-out warning. This warning applies 0 warning points, but still gets across that the moderators are displeased with the scenario without having to publicly call-out themselves. An alternative to calling-out is to use the Report Button, a function that is convenient for both the members and staff when a situation needs to be resolved. We ask that you use this function instead of verbally warning another member. For additional information regarding the Report Button, I ask that you read this rather handy thread.
Signature Length Violation
Signature Length Violation is perhaps one of the least enforced rules within the forum, used so little that most people aren't even aware of the issue. As stated in the Community Rules, it is asked that your signature not exceed the height of 2 Reborn Trainer Cards. This height does not include the standard, automatically-included Reborn Trainer Card. Large signatures tend to be disrupting to users who do not want to use the function to ignore them, and can often cause unnecessary lag when loading pages. Because of this, we'd like to more commonly enforce this rule. The warning that corresponds to this violation applies 0 warning points. However, as stated before, it is to inform you that the moderators do care about the length of your signature and ask that you keep it small. If you would like to include more in your signature, I recommend you use the [scroll] tags,
So, in short, we are introducing and reviving three warnings that we hope can keep the forums a better and more positive place,
~Tacos and Staff

Very good (as always) but i have a question about the 10 point permaban....why is it called "perma" (as in permanent) if the user in question can appeal to "delete" it? I understand that it's 6 months but still

I think adding warning points for people unnecessarily making topics would help.. Specially spamming topics in the different forums.. It just clutters the forums and pushes down topics that are relevant/good..

Just a suggestion..

I think adding warning points for people unnecessarily making topics would help.. Specially spamming topics in the different forums.. It just clutters the forums and pushes down topics that are relevant/good..

Just a suggestion..

Posting topics in and of itself isn't against the rules. So long as they're relevant somehow it's fine. There isn't a limit on the number of topics one can create. Even if it may seem tiresome.

Very good (as always) but i have a question about the 10 point permaban....why is it called "perma" (as in permanent) if the user in question can appeal to "delete" it? I understand that it's 6 months but still

I guess it's more because if the player isn't deemed worthy of an appeal, then it will remain permanent.

How long do warning points take to decay?

That generally varies on how severe an infraction each warning was. I don't really have a way of knowing how long each lasts, unfortunately.

Gaunt-I guess maybe it's something like a user snapping and having an outburst, albeit one so severe it's worthy of an insta-perma ban. If they were otherwise a good user...etc. Say Ikaru was having a bad day, his partner left him, he got fired, his house was destroyed by a sinkhole, etc. and he snapped at someone-that sort of thing maybe?

Voice (+) is a showdown! rank that allows you to interact with Breloombot, and speak in Modchat scenarios. Having voice generally indicates that you've been around the community before and is a way to show that should there be a need, you may be able to help other people. There are currently two requirements to obtain voice.

- You must first obtain Ace here on the forums.

- You must be approved in the application thread. (having 3 points would automatically sink your chances of approval.)

• 6 months later...