Other good fan games besides Reborn

jamesw0102

a fanmade game i found on the internet that is no longer downloadable from the site called pokemon fusion generation is pretty fun but if you look up a download for it on youtube you can get it off of mediafire still though some of the fusions are pretty creepy like beepom, hyplup and mewtrizard

Pokemon Snakewood. Zombies and WTF-moments galore (in that order). Quite difficult, and has quite a few fakemon in it, like a qwilfish-evolution for example. It can be a bit scary (if you have enough imagination), but I found it to be very interesting. And a lot of the pokemon Ruby cheat codes work on it if it's too difficult for you).

Edited by laggless01

• Administrators

Reborn's not even on that list. What?

I think you have to edit it in yourself, possibly.

pretty much. and putting us on a relatively arbitrary list hasn't been among my higher priorities. oops.

would definitely recommend pokemon insurgence, but its not done yet. would also recommend pokemon zeta/omicron, as they are good, have options for challenge runs, and such. pokemon uranium is good too

Uranium has a lot of bugs though, and a few of the new pokemon designs are just.. yeah..

Still, it's not bad.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried out a fangame called Legends of the Arena. I'd recommend it due to how different it is compared to most fangames.

http://www.reddit.com/r/legendsofthearena/comments/2oqy9d/pok%C3%A9mon_legends_of_the_arena_11/

- Plot revolves around a tournament and its participants instead of gyms and an elite four. It's a fairly character-driven game. Shame that there are no unique sprites, but I'd imagine the creator might consider those later.

- Player character is not a silent protagonist. Unfortunately, for story reasons, the main character can only be male.
- The writing is really charming. Sarcasm detector is off the charts. The plot isn't Reborn-level (what is, really?) since it's a rather light-hearted game, but for the kind of plot this game has, the quality of the writing is amazing. I don't even want to provide any quotes because the writing is so good that I don't want to spoil it.

- The game uses mostly Final Fantasy XI music, judging from the audio files.

Couple things to note if you plan on trying it though.

- The game uses generation 5 mechanics. Stuff from gen 6 (like electric types being immune to paralysis, steel no longer resisting dark and ghost, and fairy typing) don't apply here. There are no gen 6 Pokemon either.

- Your starter is one of the eeveeloutions, determined through a personality quiz. Also, just to save you some frustration, you can't catch any additional Pokemon until after your first trainer battle.

- There's also no in-game EV and IV checker. The game's difficulty is enough that it's given me trouble from time to time, but it's nowhere near Reborn level hard. If you've tried Pokemon Zeta, I'd say this game is at least harder than that.

- The game is really slow-paced. Bicycle isn't available until towards the end of the current demo (5 medals). Highly recommend having a Teleport mule. (EDIT: I just found out you could hold Z to run from the very start of the game...)

- TMs are one time use. The creator deemed unlimited use TMs to be too easy, but all TMs are supposedly going to be freely available for unlimited purchase at endgame, if the game is ever completed.

- Some HMs are altered. Cut for instance is a 70 base power Grass move. Rock Smash is also 70 base power. Breloom is insanely broken.

- For the people wondering if you get a Magikarp early on, thus obliterating the game's difficulty: No, you don't even get a fishing rod until like 4/5ths of the way through the current demo, and by then your team will probably be in the 40's.

Edited by Alilatias

• 4 months later...