Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Team Aqua or Team Magma?

GayMarshall

Question

20 answers to this question

to bad the elemental stone thats to be obtained after the first battle doesnt change

it should be better if team magma fire stone, team aqua water stone

well, thas my opinion..... ^_^

Edited by gryson

I'm not so nice as to give players Drough Vulpix -and- a Fire Stone before the Bug Gym.

forget about that, same as the growlithe
my mistake

edit: quick question, what Pokemon can be found in the water in the aqua gang place?

Dhanush D Bhatt, on 10 Feb 2015 - 09:41 AM, said:

As for your question, i am not sure whether you can fish there

I believe it's the same as the fishing hole you find earlier until you get a good rod. That's how you get Carvanha should you pick Team Magma.

I'd usually join Aqua, because access to early-ish Flame Body Ponyta for breeding things + you can get Murkrow before Shelly, rather than after.

It doesn't really matter, though, you get equally as nice things from both sides. You also get Buizel from Magma, so, the choice is going to be a wee bit harder from now on for me...

edit: quick question, what Pokemon can be found in the water in the aqua gang place?

I believe Barboach with the old rod at first, which is nice, but the leader has to step out of the way first, so he has to be at the Magma gang part or completely gone after the defeat.

On topic:

I honest to god played through it like 3 times and I didn't know I could join Magma.

I believe I went in their alley before I went to Aqua once but I think both dudes at the door sent me away while Aqua just fought me and welcomed me as their new brute.

In hindsight wouldn't have made much difference between Pyroar and Houndoom in the long run tho. Pretty much same weaknesses except their immunities.

Ah, so that's why. I never really thought that over.

Also, Speed Boost Carvhana is so much better than whatever junk Team Magma give you. d:

if u manage to ohko the pokemon, its good, but it defense isn't that great

i think Ponyta/rapidash is a decent fire type