GBA RPGs!!!

Hutch333

Alright, so I'm looking for some good RPG titles for GBA. I've played quite a few of them but there are always more to find. here is a list of games I've played or at least downloaded to play in the near future.

Fire Emblem

Fire Emblem: Sacred stones

Riviera: The Promised Land

Tactics Ogre: Knights of Lodis

Yggdra Union: We Never Fight Alone

Summon Knight Swordcraft Story

Summon Knight Swordcraft Story 2

Golden Sun

Golden Sun 2

Breath of Fire

Breath of Fire 2

Shining Force

Shining Force 2

Lufia

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals

Megaman Battle Network (all)

Castlevania (all)

All of the Final fantasy games

And I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting about.

I'm asking for suggestions or maybe some more obscure titles I might not have heard of. Thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by Hutch333

Pokemon Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Versions.

I've played the pokemon games too. :P Although if you know of any good pokemon rom hacks then I'd be happy to look at those.

Baldur's gate dark alliance

I've heard about this actually, if you think it's worth getting then I'll check it out.

I've played the pokemon games too. :P Although if you know of any good pokemon rom hacks then I'd be happy to look at those.

Oh... let's see

Dark Rising

Pokemon Glazed Version

Pokemon Light Platinum

Pokemon Snake Wood (This one has zombies and is funny as hell)

Pokemon Ruby Destiny series

Pokemon Flora Sky

Pokemon Ultra Violet

Those are just a few rom hacks I can think of off the top of my head that are pretty decent/ good.

Oh... let's see

Dark Rising

Pokemon Glazed Version

Pokemon Light Platinum

Pokemon Flora Sky

Pokemon Ultra Violet

Those are just a few rom hacks I can think of off the top of my head that are pretty decent/ good.

Victory Fire is pretty good as well.

Victory Fire is pretty good as well.

yeah, it was OK. The only reason I didn't include it though was because I personally felt that the Grammar could've been cleaned up a lot better/ more; it was so messy at a few points that I honestly had kinda a hard time understanding what the hell the Characters were trying to say, which in a game like Pokemon, where the story is almost exclusively driven by prompts and objectives given to you via new dialogue from NPCs, could easily screw you over and make it hard to finish the damn game without having to go google what the hell you're supposed to do next.

• Administrators

The oracle games, while great, aren't GBA

CIMA: The Enemy

super underrated action-puzzle/strategy rpg. kind of short, but really fun

Also Metroid Fusion is mandatory. Zero Mission by association but Fusion is way better.

Oh I concur to the "get Mother 3" thing. There is actually a small community that provides a free English patch somewhere around the web, look it up... I remember a link to their forum was present in the Tv Tropes article about Mother 3...

Fire Emblem: Binding Blade/Sealed Sword is another good one. You'll have to patch a Japanese rom to play it in English though, or I could just send you a copy of my pre patched one.

If you could send it to me that'd be great! Message me on the page for my email to send it to me.

Oh... let's see

Dark Rising

Pokemon Glazed Version

Pokemon Light Platinum

Pokemon Flora Sky

Pokemon Ultra Violet

I'll look into those as well. I did play a little bit of Pokemon Apollo too.

CIMA: The Enemy

super underrated action-puzzle/strategy rpg. kind of short, but really fun

Also Metroid Fusion is mandatory. Zero Mission by association but Fusion is way better.

I'll look both of these up as well, thank you.

Edited by Hutch333

So many of these games I can agree with, being:

-'Canon' Pokemon

-Fire Emblem

-Pokemon Victory Fire / Pokemon Resolute(Sequel)

Ones I haven't played myself:

-Golden Sun

-Pokemon Ruby Destiny

I just fear what will happen to GBA Rom Hacks once Nintendo does as they've stated and takes over the smartphone/iPhone Nintendo Emulators.

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga was pretty fun. They do an interesting take on rpg's that include some real time elements.

Like oh yeah, KH Chain of Memories.

I have played Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, I like the Mario RPGs. As for KH I'm a big fan of the series (for real, I drew and colored a 6 ft (about 2m) hand drawn KH2 goofy with colored pencil) but i can't really get into the battle style of the game.

• Administrators

KH: CoM was actually pretty awful. The PS remake is a million times more enjoyable.

Forgot one earlier: Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising. The first one, too, if you're into that. but imo the second is better here.

• Developers

KH: CoM was actually pretty awful. The PS remake is a million times more enjoyable.

Forgot one earlier: Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising. The first one, too, if you're into that. but imo the second is better here.

And I didnt even enjoy the PS remake either. I like the story, I just hate the gameplay.

I think I raged quit on Chain of Memories at the final Riku fight. They take everything from the Riku fight in KH and make it even more annoying. If you don't break those combos you're screwed pretty much.

I have to pull up my list, but play Mother 3. I played it expecting not to like it, but what a game.

even tho they are already on the list, i highly recommend: golden sun, mario & lugi superstar saga, Mother 3 and castlevania aria of sorrow.

and to add to the list, there's Tales of phantasia if that counts as a gba game

Edited by 2tousent