IV Manipulation?

Hashill

So one of my favorite things about Reborn is that a Pokemon is always salvagable thanks to Ability Capsules (which you could get an endless supply of pretty readily), that nature changing psycologist, and move tutors. The only thing that you can't change right now are IVs, unless there's something at the tail end of episode 13 I haven't seen yet that handles them. Zeta and Omicron have a simple system in place where a rare item is traded to a man who will raise the IV of your choice on a particular Pokemon to 31. Will we ever see something like that implemented in Reborn?

I feel like it should be implemented post-game, cuz tbh we already have a way to modify natures so no reason to not modify IVs as well. It could be a roll between 0~31 but you'd be able to choose which stat you want to modify (this would also help people to get the hidden power they want).

Although I know how to modify IVs with cheat engine, nice and strong 31 IV team.

well, there is always the option of the cheat engine if you can't stand anything less than perfect ivs. personally i prefer breeding for my ivs, sates my thirst for reborn in between episodes and since all the tools can be found at the department store ;)

well, there is always the option of the cheat engine if you can't stand anything less than perfect ivs. personally i prefer breeding for my ivs, sates my thirst for reborn in between episodes and since all the tools can be found at the department store ;)

What is this "cheat engine" I hear people mentioning from time to time anyway?

It's just a program (you can Google it) that allows you to... cheat.

It allows the game to run faster, hatch eggs instantly, infinite item usage etc.

• Administrators

I wanted at least one thing that could be 'unique' to a Pokemon in a species. Of the three, Nature, Ability and IVs, IVs have the least impact (and the most variance) so it makes sense to me that those be the things that determine a Pokemon's individuality... it's right in the name, after all. In short I have no intention of implementing an IV changer. If it were to happen it would be at the cost of capsules or the psychologist, and I think no one wants that.

As the name implies, it, er...lets you "cheat" of course, though there are plenty of non-haxy ways to use it too. I use it to speed up the game in general as well as for instant Egg gaining/hatching, but you can go ahead and give yourself all TMs, perfect IVs/EVs and the like if that's your thing.

It's just a program (you can Google it) that allows you to... cheat.

It allows the game to run faster, hatch eggs instantly, infinite item usage etc.

As the name implies, it, er...lets you "cheat" of course, though there are plenty of non-haxy ways to use it too. I use it to speed up the game in general as well as for instant Egg gaining/hatching, but you can go ahead and give yourself all TMs, perfect IVs/EVs and the like if that's your thing.

Interesting... Well it does sound like a way to save time, adjusting EVs manually instead of going through that insanely long and tedious work that is EV training, and indeed it helps with breeding... But I do agree with Ame on the individuality part, so I'd never use it to alter the IVs...

Yeah, I would never do it in my main save file. But just to check the changes being made to gym leader battles I made another save file, in which I cheated -a little, only with the money. You know, the game would become too boring. Just like playing Ocarina of Time with a guide. It's boring, you just need to go along...