Today I Learned

Arkhi

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was searching for a good location to invest in real estate for a while and today I learned why it's better to invest in real estate in Barcelona. It looks better than a lot of popular destinations overseas considering low interest rates, price growth potential, yield and rate increase etc. Now the only problem is to find an affordable mortgage option.

Today i learned that the world has no mercy for a guy who just wants to see his girlfriend and makes so that their schedules are juuuuuust close enough that they have hope to see each other during 2 minutes before she goes home for the two weeks vacation of Easter to then crush it because they are just a liiiiiiitle bit not close enough.

Fuck you world.

Guest Relinquished

Today i learned the hard way, that somebody shouldn't retaliate against injustice. Going all the way full victim, might earn some utmost mercy from somebody's assailants. Also, that sometimes, even if you want to do good and serve/uphold the law, you end up harming people who wouldn't actually deserve it, a.k.a. end up doing evil, instead of bringing good. That and never trust social websites to write sweet messages and devote songs (one of the moderators on that local site, happened to be a real life friend from my "target", gave away my identity to the person i was writing about and other than censoring part of my posted contents, went so far as to even leak out personal info from my profile, to all of them).

I almost forgot... Never write anywhere online, what you plan to do next. I was this _ close to reaching a happy conclusion, after months of torment. One song with confession in anonymity and an insidious moderator later and poof! I lost even my last resort, surefire plan.

• 5 months later...
Guest Relinquished

Today i learned that hypocrites and miscreants, pass as loving, caring, compassionate beings, even if they badmouth their own buddies and cause them to trip, right behind their back. That they prefer exploiting and taking advantage of the very same people that they supposedly "protect", or generally associate with and never treat them as equals; exactly like they never treat as equals all others, not of their own cesspool. Today i learned that "the immaterial, has become immaterial".

Now, to do my homework, as some basic b_tch ordered me, many months ago. I had always been a slow learner, god damn(ed) them all.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Display name said:

Today I learned teachers still take forever to grade online assignments

To be fair, some of them have a lot of shit to do. For example, one of my teachers has to grade like, 204 long answers of 68 students in just one class, and he teaches 3 more classes, so, yeah...

On 8/21/2020 at 9:18 AM, Gastronely said:

To be fair, some of them have a lot of shit to do. For example, one of my teachers has to grade like, 204 long answers of 68 students in just one class, and he teaches 3 more classes, so, yeah...

True but in my case it is multiple choice and the system we are using auto grades.

TIL that there is a Dutch man named Abraham Crijnssen in charge of 7 ships. He had managed to take over Suriname, and multiple islands in the Caribbian. Very impressive for someone with a crew of that size. A minesweeper that managed to disguise itself as an island which was able to evade the Japenese Navy and managed to travel all the way to the Australian shores was named after him. The person who told me about all this is Wen Bra so you have him/her/them to thank for this info

Edited by Grunter The Lucky

• 1 year later...