Today I Learned

Arkhi

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Tartar said:

TIL Amethyst has a boyfriend... Who's this mysterious person that has been conspicuously absent and not mentioned in anything?

It's @DJ Mewdeon ft Dan Punk, one of the administrators here. Daaaaad, explain yourself. He's more active on the Reborn Discord side, so that's why you haven't seen him much.

3 hours ago, Monsieur Divergent said:

It's @DJ Mewdeon ft Dan Punk, one of the administrators here. Daaaaad, explain yourself. He's more active on the Reborn Discord side, so that's why you haven't seen him much.

Well, that's another thing thing I learned today...

I also learned about morphogenetic fields today, to those who've played 999 and the Zero Escape series... Those games basically lied about everything regarding them...

Seriously, how do you present chemical gradients that determine cell differentiation in an embryo, to presenting it as a telepathic field that lets you travel through time

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today I was reading a psychology research journal and learned the greatest thing:

In an effort to develop a greater understanding of how the human handles the evolutionary necessity of sexual attraction, scientists have now done studies that involve dressing lab rats up in lingerie and analyzing the fervency of the ensuing rat sex :)

(Okay if you want to be super boring about it, they were examining whether lingerie attraction was Pavlovian or innate, how the lingerie concept generalizes to other animals, and whether its value in sexual appeal exists largely as a signaling method of sexual receptivity, all of which involved some nuanced experimental design complete with brain scans...  but none-the-less also involve sexy lady rats in lingerie :P)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

TI was reminded that as cute as a game may be going in, every cute, funny scene is just another lure dragging you in. It's all a trap and in the end it'll rip your heart out and leave you a crying, disgusting mess begging for more. No regrets.