Today I Learned

Arkhi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TIL why the Fahrenheit scale is made as it is.

Apparently Astronomers in the 18. century really loved the number 60 and wanted all scales to be divisible by this number. And Fahrenheit (the scientist) wanted to use 60 as a base for his temperature scale. So he made water freeze at 1/8 of 60, and then the temperature of the human body was 3/8's of 60 and the boiling point of water was 60. But because the numbers came out weird, so he multiplied all numbers by 4. And then he tweaked those numbers a bit because they were still weird. And that's how we have the Fahrenheit scale where water freezes at 32, the human body is temperature is 98, and water boils at 212* Celcius...

Gosh, Fahrenheit is weird.

• Upvote 1

TIL there was an anime television adaptation of the Disney franchise Stitch

From what I can gather it just takes place in an alternate reality where Stitch lands on a Japanese island off of Okinawa instead of an American Polynesian one

Don't bother watching it, it's horrible. At least compared to the Lilo and Stich TV-series that Disney made.

It's no wonder the show has a 6,1 on MAL.

Don't bother watching it, it's horrible. At least compared to the Lilo and Stich TV-series that Disney made.

It's no wonder the show has a 6,1 on MAL.

LMAO

I feel like I have to watch just 1 episode for the novelty

And I think it got canceled after 1.5 seasons so I wasn't planning to become a fan

TIL what the word coquettish means: "characteristically flirtatious, especially in a  teasing, lighthearted  manner."

After reading how Holo from Spice and Wolf being repeatedly called it by Lawrance I decided to finally look the word up. And apparently, it's the perfect word to describe her relationship with Lawrance, neat. 

• 2 weeks later...