Pokémon Academy: Ch 2a: Dragons [IC]

Chim

Jacob looked up quickly, nearly jumping backward at the sight of the Skarmory. He then smiled at the large steel bird after realizing it was, in fact, the same one from earlier and Evan's new Pokemon. He reached his hand up and stroked the steel bird's neck, surprised at how warm the metal bird was. "Hey, you're that Skarmory from earlier," he said quietly, cradling Arete in his other arm. The small Fairy-type was huddled against her Trainer. The large Steel-type was making her quite uncomfortable and, frankly, a little jealous. After a moment Jacob held out the Togepi, who tried and failed to climb back along her Trainer's arm. "This is Arete. She's my little ball of cheer, aren't you?" he asked, cooing at the egg Pokemon. Arete giggled and smiled at Jacob, then at the Skarmory.

"Pi!" she cried happily, her appetite for attention sated for the moment. Jacob laughed and pet the Skarmory again.

"Shouldn't you be with your Trianer?" he wondered aloud, looking around for Evan.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I would teach you a lesson, but unlike some people, I'm actually concerned about what happens to my Pokemon during the battle, so I won't try to force them past their limits. You win."

"Like you know anything about me." Slade muttered under his breath and then sighed. He decided to keep 101 out and walked off towards some seats, which Flare and 101 followed. Flare, would've loved to burn the little punk's face for what he said at Slade but he simply growled before walking back towards Slade. 101 felt a little disappointed but he had to side with Slade on this one. If anything forfeiting a challenge to not hurt a pokemon is a good reason, though would his pokemon want to be thought of so lowly as that? For him to give up just because he didn't think his pokemon were strong enough to over come a foe. One of the thing 101 liked about slade was his confidence in his pokemon, even when he was a jerk at first he never got angry at him and trusted him. Slade sat down and took a potion out from his bag. He released Sasuke from his ball and noticed there was big scraps on his right sholder, back, and a bite mark on his left leg. "Ok, this might sting but it should help with the healing of the wounds." He said before spraying his wounds with the spray. It stung but Sasuke was able to handle and was rewarded with a Oran berry as well.

"Hey, Sasuke, did I push you too hard back there?" Slade asked the frog munching on the berry. The frog was silent and just shook his head and then pinched the air saying, "You might've pushed too hard a whee bit but I can handle it." He just gave a smile towards the frog and began to rub his head. Xemnas appeared from his ball, jealous as Sasuke was getting all the attention and bit Slade on the head letting out a, "GIBLEEEE!" as he leaped out. "Xemnas, ow! You can have one too!" Slade said as the dragon bit his head. The three other pokemon began to laugh and it soon caught to Slade and Xemnas as well. They all sat there chuckling to themselves and their weirdness.

Robert watched as matches finished around him, having his attention drawn by the latest battle's ending. 'Hmm. Did he it just end at one pokemon down? He probably had good reason to end it there, but... Oh well, it's his choice how he ends the battle." With little to do but watch the battles go by, he simply reclined and looked to see what was left to watch.

Edited by TurboAura

Danielle and her trio of Pokemon blinked at each other in confusion; this was certainly not the way they expected Slade to win. They then noticed Ryan running over to comfort his boyfriend. "Huh," the female coordinator said out loud as Kage explained his thought process to Ryan. Danielle put her fluffy Larvesta back into her arms and gave a shrug towards Claude. She was honestly clueless about how to respond to this sudden win. Sure, Danielle is happy for Slade, but it didn't feel right after the insults that were thrown on both sides.

"Fine I guess. Henry basically followed the same thing you did. He took no effort in trying to defeat Glacien. But this isn't about me, ok? I had my time yesterday. This is about you. So tell me honestly, is something else the matter?" Ryan grabbed Kage's hand and gently stroked it, an embrace he thought would be comforting but not too much for the situation.

"Been kind of thinking about how I've been treating my Pokemon lately. It isn't really fair, how much work Lucas has been doing because I lied. Other than that, no, not really." He thought for a moment. "Well, Reina going out of control in that last battle bugs me. I think we're gonna need some more one-on-one time. Also, you don't think I'm a coward or something for forfeiting, do you?"

"A coward? Hell no. It was great that you didn't make Lucas or Al'Thor deal with that fight. I don't know, just maybe it would be nice to have more confidence in them. They need you as much as you need them, honestly." Ryan stepped forward. "Glad to know nothing's wrong though. If there's emotional distress in this relationship, I'm glad it's only from me."

• Veterans

"Huh....that's something i'll have to ponder over..."James said as he saw the one of the last battles finish off.Thie winter cup was the next challenge....and with it his uncle and aunt could come....not his own parents."No,must not let emotions spiral out of control..."Standin back up,James decided to go and get a drink from his bag."Ok lemme get some of this Soda in here out"He said as he moved his hand around his bag untill he found the Soda bottle."You want some,Henry?"He asked the boy sitting next to him.

Stratos (And basically everyone else)

“I found two!” Lana said with pride. She felt confident about both her new additions and released them to show to Mareek. The first one was a Shellos, the other a little Turtwig. “I haven’t na-“

She was interrupted by Alastair who called for the last battle of the day; Lana versus Alvin. The female Breeder decided to use her Shellos, Turtwig was under leveled, and faced off against Dwebble. The Shellos proved to be quite a tough one. She took a few hits but managed to eventually defeat her opponent. The second round was Alvin’s new Heracross versus Rhyhorn. The Bug type proved to be a ferocious opponent Lana failed to overcome. Rhyhorn lost and Shellos was too tired from the first fight. Alvin cheered his new ace on and actually had the decency to tell Lana she put up a great fight.

Not much later the teachers gathered everyone and walked back to the hotel where the black busses were waiting. Everyone just had to tell their names as the teachers didn’t bother dividing Trainers from the Breeders and Coordinators like before.

Jory

“Skarrrr” the steel bird almost purred when she managed to get some attention from Jacob. She then pointed with her wing to where Evan was sitting, not far from Mareek and the ongoing battle between Alvin and Lana. The Skarmory hopped back over to her trainer and saw Alvin barely pulling through.

And 30 minutes later Jacob, along with the other students, found himself sitting on a bus.

((A little rushed but I'm really tired. Anyway Chapter 3 is coming ASAP.))

Edited by Chimchain

Shiro came back after all the battles have already been finished. His eyes remained kind of distant even while Shun was jumping around him to welcome him.

He quietly walked over to the buses and took a seat by himself, leaving Shun still boggled as she watched him gaze outside the window.

'Could it be all over already...' He didn't expect her to call this early... It was all too soon and he wanted it to last, but now...