Pokémon Academy: Ch 2a: Dragons [IC]

Chim

Ryan blushed a little at the mention of "fun stuff." He's already thinking about that? Why am I not surprised? "Well come on then." Ryan sat down on the couch, laying his legs out for Kage to sit between and lay his back onto Ryan's chest. "I'm kind of excited for this." Ryan chuckled lightly and patted the couch.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm sorry, but I thought you were cuing me to join. Still, it'd be kind weird since I just got here. Besides, it's been a while since I talked to some of my fellow Coordinators. Fixing that Xtransreciever and training really do drain up all my time." Henry looked at Kenny and noticed his job was done. "I really hope I didn't kill the moment. If I really am that bothersome, I guess I can leave." Henry was about to move when he felt his ankle hurting again. He showed a little sign he was in pain, but he doubted anyone would notice.

"On second though, it might be better if I stay here as Gypsy seems to be really into watching the battle." Henry pointed to a Venonat who had her full attention on the Magnemite for some odd reason. Perhaps she's mistaking it for an oversized berry.

Edited by commander218

Ryu noticed Henry's injured ankle, and made a mental note to tell the others once Henry had left. Kenny tilted his head slightly, thinking to himself.

This is certainly some odd behavior on his part... he was about to leave, and then he changed his mind all of a sudden... what is going on?

Kenny made a mental note of this, then continued to watch the Battle.

Ryan wrapped his arm around Kage and gave a small kiss to the back of Kage's head. Ryan was filled with complete bliss. How did things turn out so well for me all the sudden? "We should do this more often y'know?" Ryan rested his head against Kage's and felt truly at peace. "So how do you propose we present this to the others? Straightforward telling them? Adorable flirting? Hide it? Preferably not the last one." Ryan glanced over to the bedroom and saw that Feroces was staring at them with a more content look on his face this time.

Feroces stared at Ryan and smirked slightly. He looks so damn happy. Maybe this kid isn't all that bad. I should probably apologize to him. Feroces stood up and walked over to the couple on the couch and sat down right next to the couch. He gave a couple of soft licks to Kage's hand and look at them both with apologetic eyes.

Kage answered Ryan as he petted Feroces, giving the Luxio a scratch behind one ear. "I don't know. Kind of obnoxious to just go up to people and say, like, 'hey we're dating now.' The flirting option seems to be more of my style, anyway." As they sat together, Lucas looked them up and down, then gave a short cry indicating his approval. The Ralts then skittered off around a corner, where a certain red eye could be seen peeking out, and started imitating the aforementioned eye.

"I agree. Wouldn't want to pass up the chance to be flirtatious with you." Ryan grinned and tightened his hug around Kage for a short duration and loosened. Ryan was enjoying this way more than he probably should have. Everything is perfect right now I don't want to ever get up. Ryan leaned forward and whispered in Kage's ear. "I think we have some spectators." Ryan chuckled as he look towards Lucas and the ever so familiar eye of al'Thor. Within seconds, Glacien had rolled over to them, blowing their cover and giving the couple a seal of approval through his smile.

Feroces purred at the pleasure he was receiving from the scratches behind his ear. This one sure knows how to pet me better than Ryan at least. Feroces gave Ryan a look almost as if to say, "He's a keeper."

• Support Squad

Claude had been deep in thought, wondering about Danielles suggestion, that he didn't notice any of the others appearing. Shocked, Claude let out a small yelp of surprise. "Oh my, When did you all get here?" Claude struggled to put names to faces, but he was sure he'd spoken to them at some point, even if it was only in passing. "hm, Benny and Henry, right? Please tell me I'm right, I'm bad with names..." Meanwhile, Doux had stopped giving off stun spores, but now, it's embarrassment was causing him to Grow. What on earth was going on with him...?

• Support Squad

Claude went red with shame. He was always bad with names, but that didn't change the fact that he should have know. He bowed as he apologised profusely.

"Oh my, I am so terribly, terribly, terribly, terribly, terribly, terribly, sorry, if you could forgive me, I would greatly appreciate it."

Doux continued to grow, even though he wanted to shrink out of sight. He hovered above Claudes head, but he was now twice the size of Claude own head.

Kenny looked at Doux with a surprised expression on his face, and he whispered to himself, just barely loud enough for Claude to hear him.

"That is one big cottonee..."

Kenny then spoke to Claude.

"It's OK, people confuse my name a lot."

• Support Squad

A big cottonee..? was there another cottonee around? Claude looked left and right, searching for Douxs new friend, but saw nothing. And then he looked up. Doux had continued to expand and was now spinning lightly, too big to easily maneuver himself. "DOUX?! What in Kalos are you doing? Let go of all of that and get back to normal!" With this Doux released his control, rapidly losing size as he also released a vast amount of Fairy wind. To Claude, who was nearest, it forced him several paces back and flat onto his ass.

The Fairy Wind was strong enough to knock Kenny off-balance, as well as knocking Zorro and Ryu onto their tails, Zorro returning to his normal shape when he impacted the ground. Kenny then regained his balance and spoke to Claude.

"So i heard you call that Cottonee 'Doux'. Am i correct in presuming you are its Trainer and that is its name?"

Edited by K_H

• Support Squad

"Uh, quite, though I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that I don't know what is up with my fluffy friend" Claude responded, quite perplexed with Douxs actions. "What have you been doing, eh? What're you doing?" Claude was now just fussing over Doux, petting the now small cottonee.

Danielle giggled before she gave a look to Avis says "See? I'm not the only one." Things, however, started to go sour when a fellow coordinator, Henry, spotted Kenny. Then, Doux, in his embarrassment, released a Fairy Wind in order to shrink himself back to his normal size. "Avis, blow it up!" she quickly commanded, leaving them unscathed by the sparkles.

"Phew," Danielle sighed before addressing Henry and Kenny. "Hey, you two. I could tell that you're not on good terms with one another, but that doesn't mean one is in the right and the other in the wrong. I'm sure everyone has a reason for what they did. How about we try to listen?"

Danielle then turned to Claude. "Maybe Doux is going through a phase?"

• Veterans

Seeing as Shade and Tytanniel had perfected their combo move,James turned around and saw Claude and another kid in his class called...Kenny? Yeah Kenny conversing in a conversation.Wanting to talk to someone he saw a kid he remembered called Henry standing with them,he went over and decided to talk to him.

Seeing that he had pretty much been shadowed out of things, Mareek sidled over to Lana as the others continued their conversation. Erce and Java followed behind, not much caring about what the students were saying, nor about the battle that was winding down nearby.

"This is what I was talking about when I mentioned how I don't like 'large groups'," He sighed to her quietly. "Notice how both of us have pretty much been completely annexed out of their conversations; kinda like we're invisible or something... well, whatever. have you given any thought to what your going to catch on the trip?" Erce was beginning to get impatient as he spoke.

Aren't we here to do some last minute training before this trip? She couldn't help but think to herself So why is he socializing with this girl instead of working with us? Whatever... Mareek was at that age, afterall... and Erce knew she would do fine in battle, training or no, so might as well try to occupy herself; maybe she could try talking to Java for once. The Porygon never really did anything to communicate with anyone other than Mareek himself, but obviously he was more than capable of it if he wanted. "You," she began, though none of the humans around would be able to understand a lick of what she said. All they would hear would be a soft 'Scy...' Java though, said nothing in response, didn't even acknowledge her.

"I know you can hear me," She insisted. "You don't have any issues understanding Mareek when he issues directions in battle." Again Java said nothing, but at least this time he turned to face her... and then she realized why the Porygon wasn't responding; it had no mouth to talk back to her with. Then she recalled about how all the times Mareek had seemed to be speaking with the thing, he'd always been looking at his Dex...obviously that was the main medium (And probably also the only one) through which the Porygon could communicate.

So much for that idea then. She thought to herself, resigned to simply wait on her Trainer...not like she had much choice in the matter anyway.

"How about we try to listen?"

If that ever worked, we wouldn't be here arguing with each other. Also, where is that Snorunt when I need him the most? "Trust me, there are already two to many people dragged into this. At this point it's best to stay out of it, but I think it's more our ideals as to why we don't get along. He pushes his Pokemon to try and be at their prime, while I tend to focus more on tactics and communication."

Henry's Vulpix turned around and looked at Henry. Henry pointed to the ground toward his ankle and the Pokemon understood as he jogged away from the battle. "Sorry, something slipped my mind and he can easily take care of it." Please hurry before anyone notices. "Now then, anything you'd like to add, Kenny?"

((Bfroger, all Tal needs to do is an ice attack on Henry's ankle he'll walk like normal. There's an ice pack down there that's melted))

Shiro almost dropped the ladle into the rice when he heard a faint scratching sound coming from the direction of the door.

"Uhm..." He turned to Robert who was busy cooking lunch for him and Kenny. From what Shiro could observe, Robert wasn't aware of the scratching, so he went on by himself. "I just have to check something... I'll be right back." He said to Robert, unsure if he could even hear him over the sound of their cooking.

Shiro stopped at the door, wondering what could even be making such a sound. 'Maybe a Pokemon?' He thought to himself as he carefully opened the door. Hie eyes immediately glanced to the floor, where he saw a red fluffy tail of something that had already made its way between his legs.

"Zuko!" Shiro quickly spun around. Zuko had already made his way to the couch, next to Tal and Shun. Shun was sleeping a peaceful slumber. Zuko laid there with both his eyes still opened, eyeing Shiro, apparently plotting something, but Shiro didn't notice anything suspicious, so he figured Zuko must have gotten tired or something so he went home. "Okay, you can stay on the couch." Shiro whispered to him before he closed the door and returned to his work in the kitchen. He could hear cries of both Tal and Zuko over the crackling rice, so he looked over the counter and at the couch, but nothing mch was going on.

'Huh, are they talking or something? Who knows.' Shiro smiled and shrugged it off, continuing to mix the rice in the bowl.

--------------------------------

Tal and Zuko waited a bit until they were sure Shiro wasn't paying attention to them anymore. They then exchanged looks and skittered down the couch, next to Shun's sleeping body and through the room. Tal opened the door with Zuko's help, and they exited without being noticed.

The duo made their way through the campus and to the fields, meeting up with Henry. Zuko showed Tal the spot and she put her hand on it, cooling it down for Henry. When she was done, she began violently pulling his pants, apparently asking him to train with her.

"Runt!"

Edited by Bfroger6

Henry noticed the Snorunt pulling his pant leg and used this as an opportune time to get away. "Running away from Shiro again I see. It's a bit late to learn a new trick, but it'd be good to do a review session. Zuko, Gypsy, I know I said training was over, but we have a special guest today." Henry headed out of the crowd into an empty space. Though his ankle was in pain, the ice made it so that he could tolerate it.

Zuko and Tal took different sides of the field. Gypsy was sitting on the sidelines slowly working its way through Henry's large supply of berries. Henry than began lecturing, "As you know, Shiro will probably rely on Shun because she has the greater advantage, but you'll likely have to handle the rock type, despite your frail defenses. Zuko over there is going to try and act like a rock type. When you're ready, I'll give the orders."

The Snorunt stood in a battle stance waiting for Henry to give the orders. Zuko began charging foward at the little Snorunt. "Tal, use Icy Wind." The Snorunt released a cold chill just barely powerful enough to freeze the ground. Zuko slipped and slid toward the Snorunt. "No skate on the ice and use Disable." The Snorunt began sliding with one leg, then the other. When Zuko was in range, there was a quick glow in her eyes. Zuko now forgot what he was doing.

Just when the two were about to collide, Tal pushed off the ground and did a triple spin in the air to dodge. She gave a nice finishing pose to complete the trick. "Now, flip around and use Ice Shard." Tal pivoted on one foot while still heading away from the Vulpix. She launched a few icicle spears which seemed to anger Zuko more than hurt him. The Vulpix turned around and launched spurts of fire at the ice type. "Side step." The slid one way and then the other to barely dodge the attack. Zuko was now furious and released a large spinning fire attack at his opponent.

"Right hook and Weather Ball." The Snorunt pushed herself to go right and towards the Vulpix now. The fire attack missed her leaving him completely exposed. The Snorunt took no time to lose and released a magical glowing sphere to knock the Vulpix right off its feet. "Good. Good. I think we should call it a day. You really improved from last time we tried this. Soon we can start with the more difficult stuff." The Snorunt gave a proud stance showing off that it was better than the Vulpix, a Pokemon with a type advantage on her. Zuko wasn't too thrilled as he rolled his eyes..

"We really should head back to the dorm. That was a little too close back there and I don't want Shiro running around looking for you." Henry and the three other Pokemon than walked back inside. All three were happy that they did so well in training today and proud of receiving Henry's approval.

Edited by commander218

Sissy came out, behind the tree she was hiding, once Henry has closed the door behind him.

"That Vulpix sure is a tough opponent. Don't you agree Miss?" She said looking on top of her head. A Misdreavus came out of her hiding place, and went in front of Sissy's face.

"How about we train a bit for today too? Miffy you're out!" Sissy said and threw a pokeball in the air. After a second, a Flaaffy appeared in front of her.

Teo got hit by the Sonicboom, getting knocked back several meters. The Trapinch still stood, but he was clearly in pain. His Trainer recalled him to his ball. "You did awesome, Teo. Return." Jacob's mouth then opened as he looked over at Slade, the Trainer rendered speechless. His face contorted into one of fury quickly and he lost his temper. "Are you KIDDING ME? You had your Pokemon cause a stoppage in the match by feigning being fainted, then continued to attack?!? I've never encountered a more dishonest, underhanded, and overall deceitful tactic in my life. This isn't a war, Slade. It's a friendly match. It's shit like that that's the reason the LT system exists in the first place! Teo could have gotten really hurt, and you just made your Magnemite attack itself into fainting. I hope you're proud of yourself. I really do," he continued, absolutely dripping in sarcasm at the last part.

He then shook his head, trying to get some of his anger out. How could any responsible Trainer allow his Pokemon to battle itself into injury? he wondered, completely aghast at Slade's tactics. I never want my Pokemon training with his again. It's one thing to push them hard in training to teach them how to battle; it's another entirely to let them do it in a live fire exercise. Jacob looked down at the other Poke Ball, smiling. But Chalchi's up next against Flare. That Growlithe definitely has more speed than Chalchi, but she'll be able to outlast him no matter what.

Jacob tossed the Poke Ball up in the air. "Chalchi, it's up to you! Let's finish this battle!" he shouted as the ball burst open. A ring of extremely large snowflakes surrounded Chalchi as she was ported onto the battlefield, bursting in a shimmering shower of sparkles.

"I guess that is one way to put it," Danielle said quietly as Henry excused himself away from them. "But it only gives a better reason for the both of you to learn from one another..." Avis crowed, agreeing with her master as Henry walked, no it was more like limped, away from the group with Tal, the Snorunt. The Murkrow didn't say a word, however.

Jacob's outrage at Slade's tactic brought Danielle and Avis' attention back to the battlefield. Teo and TX were nowhere to be seen. However, Danielle and Avis were surprised at how angry Jacob is. They could hear him yelling about Slade's "dishonest, underhanded, and overall deceitful tactic," and about how TX had attacked itself into fainting. Both of them looked at Corona for confirmation. The tiny Larvesta only chirped to them and nodded sadly. Avis blinked and looked at Slade with a strange look that seems to be a mixture of respect and disgust. 'There has to be a reason... right?' Danielle thought, refusing to believe it. The coordinator looked at Jacob as he sent out Chalchi with the beautiful snowflakes surrounding her. "It's really scary to see him this mad... I can see why, if this is true, but it's not going to help out in a battle... I hope he get it under control soon; otherwise, this will be another one of my meltdown battles."

Edited by DarkLight

"101 return." He then took TX's ball and returned him. "You did a great job, now you tak a nice long rest" Slade said soothing to the ball in his hands. He then looked at Jacob and said,

"I wouldn't have used this under regular circumstances, this was the first time 101's ability ever activated. Since we were both friends I thought it would be a good time to test out some things that normally couldn't be tested but I never expected this. I wouldn't have thought 101 would be so injured, if I had known how bad he was I would've never have had him use the attack." Slade said with his fist clenched He was sincere when talking to Jacob, so much in fact a tear could be seen rolling down his right eye.

"To make matters worse I endangered Teo. I know this means nothing but I am truly sorry and if you wish for me not to train with you anymore I will not be a problem for you anymore. But now is not the time for moping around me and Flare have at least one more battle with you and hopefully not our last!" With that he threw Flare's ball and Flare came out ready for battle.

Edited by EXLink32

• Support Squad

Jacobs outrage and the subsequent apology from Slade drew Claudes attention. as well. He had not seen it himself, but if what Jacob was saying was true... Claudes normally frivolous expression was now a poker face, watching the battle intently. "Well, I do hope all the trainers aren't like this." Claude stated simply.