Pokémon Academy: Ch 2a: Dragons [IC]

Chim

The explosion did not hit Teo effectively, as it was cushioned by the sand. Teo's attack landed perfectly, hitting the Magnemite squarely in the middle of its body with the full force of the Sand Tomb ascent and Teo's own Dig attack. The Trapinch then fell to the ground, landing in the pile of sand created by the pillar. Teo got up on shaky legs and set his stance, letting out a triumphant "Pinch!", as he was still able to battle but clearly took damage from the exchange.

Edited by Jory

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kage scooted his chair closer to Ryan, so that they were sitting right next to each other with him facing Ryan. He streched his arm out and placed the tips of fingers on Ryan's face, getting a feel for their position, then he moved them up to the top part of his forehead. He then slowly ran his fingers downward, tracing out the contours of his features. He did this up and down a couple times, making sure he had a solid idea of the shape of him. The process took a while, longer than one might think. After he finished, Kage spoke once again. "You know, I think that's the first time I've done that since I was like, eight. It's nice to finally know what you look like."

"That is indeed troubling," Danielle admitted. She learned that Karrablasts, like Murkrows, are well known for battling. In fact, she doubt she has ever seen it or its evolved form in a contest before... "It's moves are more about attacking Pokemon, especially that Fury Attack... Perhaps you can use those pink disks as target practice to make him shine. I have seen some Pokemon on TV that used that technique and it was quite effective with the crowd. But, uh... That's just an idea, y-you don't have to follow it," Danielle stopped herself, realizing that she was rambling at the end. "I'm sure you can figure out a better way though; you're a smart cookie after all~" She then heard her Pokemon sneeze very loudly. They didn't sound normal... "Avis, Corona, are you two alright? Don't tell me you caught the cold all of a sudden."

Avis was busy sneezing and trying to blow away the powder away from her while Corona was releasing embers as she sneezed, burning out the powder as result. Due to her body constantly shaking, little sparks are also seen around her body. Somehow, Corona managed to let out a few squeaks to indicate that something was in the air where Doux was floating by them.

"Claude, is it just me or is there something in the air that is making my Pokemon have sneezing fits?" Danielle said, trying to contain her laughter at the amusing sight as well.

Edited by DarkLight

Ryan sat patiently as Kage's fingers traced his features. He was actually rather excited by the touch. Glad to know he's at least reciprocating some feelings. After Kage spoke, Ryan sighed slightly. "Everything except for my eyes that is. Before you ask, they're a mix between a green and an amber coloring. No match to yours I must say." A tear dripped down Ryan's face. He had always wanted Kage to see him. After he knew that his friend had gone blind, all he wanted was for him to see again. He always pitied him. He can see me now. This is all I ever wanted. "Do... do you enjoy what you... see?" Ryan slumped into his chair again, fearing the response.

"Of course." Kage angled his head slightly before he spoke the next sentence. "Even if I didn't, I wouldn't particularly care. You've been a good friend, and you've really gone above and beyond what I would expect from anyone. In fact, I'd definitely say that you've been more than a friend."

As Kenny, Ryu, and Zorro headed over to the Group, they unwittingly walked right into the path of the Stun Spore, and got a snootful of it, to put it lightly. This caused the three of them to have to sneeze. Kenny then responded to Danielle's question.

"It's not just you. Ryu, Zorro, and I are all being affected by-"

Kenny was interrupted as he sneezed again. Kenny then took out three Handkerchiefs, and made 'Face Masks' out of them by tying them over his mouth and nose, as well as over Ryu and Zorro's mouths and noses, making it so that the Handkerchiefs filtered the air before they breathed it in.

Edited by K_H

"Oh, you're Kenny right?" Danielle asked. She remembered seeing him in class. Although they never really had a conversation, having a Zorua that loves to transform into his master is pretty unique here. She decided to follow his example and pulled out a tissue to cover her nose. By the time she reached her Pokemon, they seemed to have stopped sneezing and are now catching their breath. "Are you okay, girls?" Danielle asked. The gave small cries of confirmation before they looked at Kenny, Ryu and Zorro. "That's good. I can't have my partners tired out right before an expedition, you know~" Danielle turned her attention to Kenny. "So, you were saying that you, or rather we, were affected by...?"

Kenny saw that the Stun Spore had passed, took off the Handkerchiefs from himself and his Pokemon, and then responded to Danielle's question.

"It's kind of a moot point now, but i was about to say 'Stun Spore' when i was interrupted by my sneeze. and yes, my name is Kenny. I believe your name is Danielle, if i'm not mistaken?"

Ryan froze at Kage's last sentence. Holy shit, what do I do? "Are you... um... trying to suggest... something?" Ryan responded sheepishly. He didn't know what to say other than that. Is this what I think is happening?

"Correct~" Danielle replied, putting the tissue back in her pocket. "Stun Spore, you said. Umm..." she looked at the floating Cottonee that is passing everyone. "That would probably explain it. Haha... Doux, dear, I think you are releasing a little too much Stun Spore~"

Corona and Avis went over to Kenny and his team to give their hellos. Avis was particularly interested in the Zorua, being another Dark type and all.

"So I guess this is official then. At least give me a hug for putting me through this emotional stress." Ryan leaned in and swept up Kage in his arms, twirling him around slightly before sneaking a peck on his cheek. Ryan blushed for a moment and chuckled slightly.

Zorro and Ryu both greeted Avis and Corona, Zorro taking on Danielle's shape. In response, Kenny looked down and pinched the bridge of his nose, and then grabbed Zorro's Tail, causing the Zorua to turn back into it's original Form. Kenny then spoke.

"It seems like Zorro likes to greet others in that way. He's done that several times now, including when I first met him."

Edited by K_H

After taking the direct hit from Teo's dig 101 fell straight down onto the ground with a large dust cloud surrounding the fallen pokemon. The dust cloud was so big not even Teo could see though it. Looks like 101 was taken out by one hit. Slade lowered his head blocking his eyes as his pokemon fell to the ground. He waited there for Jacob's response.

Henry was sitting on a rock in the distance carefully analyzing the battle. "Huh, looks like this battle got a little bit boring. One can't simply hit the other. I'm surprised both haven't collapsed with the strenuous amount of attacks they've used." Henry gave a little bit of a smirk while saying that. His pokemon were rather confused. "You probably don't understand because I train to avoid that. Take Zuko's Drought for example. I could have Zuko quadruple his fire power by maximizing the heat, but he'd only last a few seconds before collapsing. It's a high risk, low reward tactic. It's usually used to learn better moves; something I should try a little harder for."

Henry then watched as more people gathered around the battle. "I'm surprised it's as popular. Then again, I'm watching this because I have nothing better to do." Suddenly, the Magnemite fell from the sky. "So ginger takes the first blow. Finally."

Jacob simply stared at the result of the series of moves, rendered speechless. I've never seen Teo able to do anything like that. "Hey, Teo, that was amazing! Slade, I guess having such a strong opponent really brought out Teo's inner strength! Your strategy was awesome, but a double type weakness is really hard to overcome. Considering that, you were incredible. I've never been more proud to help someone train," he said sincerely, smiling at the other Trainer. "Now let's get on with the battle. I believe it's Flare's turn."

Kage returned the hug, squeezing Ryan in his arms. "Gotta say, this feels good," not specifying what, exactly, felt good. "I do have to ask one thing though, and sorry if it spoils the moment, but are you going to make me behave myself in public, or can we gay it up?" He said this with a broad grin, remembering his theatrics around Jacob and Danielle. He couldn't see the bows, yes, but he could definitely hear what he said, and the "whump" of awkward teenager colliding with ground.

The three girls gasped in surprise as Zorro took on Danielle's form before Kenny made him switch back. This made Avis even more curious about the Zorua and she began walk/hopping around him. "No no, it's fine. I just never thought I would get to see your Zorua's Illusion this close. It was actually quite fascinating!" Danielle replied in awe.

Before she could go on, Danielle heard a bang from the battlefield. A cloud of dust was covering Slade's side before it revealed a fainted TX. It was no surprise to her, but she felt a little sad when she saw Slade's disappointed look. "Come on, Slade! Jacob is right! Are you really going to give up so easily?" she managed to tease.

Edited by DarkLight

Slade smirked and said, "Sonic Boom." Then suddenly out of no where 3 shock waves came out of the dust cloud super fast and straight at Teo with out any warning. "Tsk tsk tsk, that hit would've knocked 101 out, that is if it wasn't for sturdy!" Then as the dust lowered 101 could barely float, he must have used the last of his energy on those sonic booms coming right behind Teo. "You should learn never to let your guard down!"

Edited by EXLink32

"Oh joy, Sturdy. I totally didn't see that one coming. If I had one poke for every time that trick was pulled on me, I'd be able to get a free premiere ball." Henry looked to see if he knew anyone in the crowd. He noticed Danielle talking to someone he tended to avoid out of spite. "Kenny, Kenny, Kenny, you tempt me to run over there and poison your Zorua so much. Nah, I think my presence will be more than enough. It's certainly more entertaining than the battle." He flopped down from the rock and began heading into the crowd. He wasn't quite ready to make a move on Kenny yet.

((K_H, Henry is no longer pissed at Kenny. He just enjoys his suffering))

Edited by commander218

"Who would I be to fall in love with you and then tell you to change the personality I adore? As long as at the end of the day it's still you and I, you can be whoever you want." Holy fucking shit I'm so happy! "So you enjoy cuddle sessions?"

Zorro took on Kenny's form, and blushed when he received the compliment from Danielle. Zorro then spoke to Danielle, clearly embarrassed.

"Um... Thanks."

Kenny then noticed Zorro's expression, and looked impressed.

"Well, that's a first. I've never seen Zorro this embarrassed, ever."

Kenny then noticed Henry heading towards them out of the corner of his eye, and he looked nonplussed for a split second before his face took on an extremely serious expression. When he spoke next, his voice was dripping with Sarcasm.

"It looks like an old friend of mine is headed this way."

"It looks like an old friend of mine is headed this way."

Hearing those words, Henry took no time to hesitate. "I'm so glad you think so highly of me. One day we wanted to stab each other with forks and the next thing you know it's like we're like besties." He silenced himself for a few seconds to see how angry Kenny was. "I see you practiced enough times with your Zorua that you feel ready for the real thing. Care to fill me in how well it went?"

Henry saw Zuko begin growling at the Zorua, "Zuko, we're not in a battle and we certainly don't want to start a fight. Play nice now. Sorry, I can't really blame him as you did punch him the first day of school."

Edited by commander218