Pokémon Academy: Ch 2a: Dragons [IC]

Chim

"No plans on that just yet," Ryan casually replied. "If you want, you can grab some shorts from my room. Just scream if Feroces jumps on you." Ryan turned around and stripped off his shirt and began to do crunches. Glacien rolled over to Ryan and continued to do their normal routine, squirting water into Ryan's mouth to hydrate him every five crunches.

Feroces heard Ryan mention his room and tensed. Whatever, he's not worth your time anyway. Feroces laid his head down on the pillow and began to doze off.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Alright." He headed over to the bedroom. Sounds of Kage rummaging about came from outside, followed by a slightly muffled question. "What drawer do you keep them in again? Oh, nevermind, right here." He quickly changed into the shorts, absentmindedly tossing the pair of jeans to the side. . . and directly onto the dozing Feroces.

Feroces growled as the jeans landed on his face. He went to his instinct and took a flaming bite out of the pants, ruining them. He then swung them off his head and glared directly at Kage. This bastard is purposefully messing with me. Feroces' fur began to spark, as if it was suddenly electrically charged. Without hesitation, Feroces leapt towards Kage.

Ryan had hear a sudden commotion in his bedroom. Feroces please, I just want you to realize he's a good guy for pete's sake. Ryan walked over to the door and opened it to see Feroces preparing to jump at Kage. Without a moment's hesitation, Ryan dove once again, grabbing Feroces in a bear hug. Ryan felt a sudden zap as the light electrical charge hit him. Ryan winced, but the pain wasn't that much as Feroces had only recently learned Spark. Ryan let go of Feroces and looked him in the eyes. "Ok, listen here. Whatever Kage did was probably an accident. He isn't trying to provoke you." Ryan noticed the charred jeans on the ground and let out a sigh. "Look, I'm assuming his jeans landed on you and you got angry. He's blind Feroces, he can't help it. He didn't notice." With that, Ryan got up off the bed and looked in the mirror. A small scar had appeared on his right eye. "That actually looks pretty cool, I like it. Thanks Feroces." Ryan stuck out his tongue, admiring his newly achieved battle scars. "You still up for that workout sir clumsy?"

Kage winced. "I wasn't trying to hurt you or anything. I didn't know Feroces was right there. Seriously, if you ever need anything, let me know," he said in a very serious tone, sharply contrasting his usual joking remarks. After that statement, though, he lightened back up. "Who are you calling clumsy? I bet I'm more dexterous than you."

Jacob chuckled at how hesitant Slade was being with his attacks. "It's not practice if you don't make it hard for Teo!" he called to the other Trainer as Teo easily sidestepped the fire, tapping his feet expectantly. Chalchi's attacks were fired in way more rapid succession. Unless Slade picks it up, this is going to be pointless for Teo. "Slade, you need to have Flare put more pressure on Teo. If you take this much time to pick your shots when there isn't another Pokemon attacking yours, you've as good as lost! Now let's go, pick up the pace!" Jacob shouted, now completely in 'coaching mode.' Chalchi shook her head, feeling sorry for Slade and Flare. As she'd learned in the past six weeks, Jacob's training exercises were quite rigorous and demanded as much from their participants as could possibly be given.

But he's also kind and gentle and intelligent, Chalchi thought to herself. He pushes us only as hard as he pushes himself. And the more he expects from us, the more we deliver. I'm glad he picked me, she thought happily, looking over at Danielle. Over the past several weeks Chalchi had noticed that Jacob felt rather strongly about Danielle. But she'd also noticed the way Danielle looked at the other boy, Slade. He's going to get hurt, she thought sadly. It's not her fault. She's allowed to choose who she likes.

"Oh really? I resent that statement. Only exercise will prove it!" He slowly walked back to the living room and tossed his shirt in the laundry basket. Ryan arced his back, the muscles tensing. "Can I ask a favor? I wanted to do some push-ups but it seems as if my own weight isn't adequate enough to make any gains. Would you mind... um, using yourself as some added weight on my back?" Ryan blushed a little. It's a blessing he's blind some times.

"Okay, you two, you know the drill." Danielle turned to her Pokemon, who stood facing each other. They were both separated by a good amount of distance in between, almost like they are in a battlefield. "You can only use your recovery move once, time limit being 1 minute, and I will not be making any commands. When both of you are ready..." Her Pokemon both stiffen their muscles at her countdown. "Begin!"

Corona used her String Shot to try and capture Avis. The Murkrow's immediately shone a brilliant silver as it shielded Avis' body, deflecting the silk threads. Corona countered with Flame Charge, raising her speed to try and take advantage of Avis' moment of preoccupation...

------------

After 45 seconds have passed, Avis had already used her Roost while Corona still has her's to spare. However, the fire bug was getting tired; she has to use Morning Sun as soon as she can in order to keep going. Avis was taking advantage of that and kept the pressure on her teammate. This, however, made Avis too predictable for Corona. When Avis came in for another attack, Corona fired off an Ember that streamed across the sky instead of her regular bullet-like flames. Avis crowed in surprise as she was caught in the flames; she had no time to prepare a FeatherDance to defend herself.

"Time!" Danielle called as Avis landed on the grass. "Roost and Morning Sun now!" Her two Pokemon were then surrounded by the signature white light as Danielle walked over to the middle of their self-designated field. She knelt down to be at their level as the came to her to hear the results. Danielle patted both of them on the heads, clearly satisfied with their workout. "Corona, can you do that Ember again? I have an idea for an appeal..."

------------

If anybody looked up at the sky, there would appear to be rings of fire that are crackling like fireworks. Near them, a small bird carried a bug that was spitting out a stream of Ember on the black bird's back.

Edited by DarkLight

Kage almost guffawed out loud. "You want me to sit on you? Well, it's a bit early in our relationship for that, but I'm nice." He shrugged. "Or, you know, there's the boring option where I just press down on you. You'd better help me out though; my instruments haven't arrived from home yet, and it's hard to come by a decent workout."

((i actually dont know anything about working out lol so feel free to bunny that))

Seeing the bird with such a gorgeous fire around her Slade thought to him self, 'Man free fireworks... fireworks.. THATS IT!'

An idea quickly shot into Slade's head and he said, "Danielle your beautiful show has given me an idea," Slade said with a fire burning in his eyes, "Flare think of Flame Burst as a firework, you set it up to where it goes really fast and the burst comes from the impact of the ball of fire." Flare yipped as a sigh that he knew what Slade meant. "Now try that on Teo!" Flare Shot the ball really fast, you could barely see him charge up the fire. The ball of flames zoomed towards the emerging exactly like a fire work, fast and flashy. Teo fully emerged and went back down before the flame hit but it worked, it bursted on impact. "Now keep doing that until you hit Teo at least 3 times." Flare shot those blasts faster and faster and the faster it went the more burst it had. Soon he was shooting it so fast he hit Teo two times in a row. Jacob had an oran berry so he was able to take the hits, but it took them a whille before Flare got the third hit in and by then, his blasts were about 6 times faster from before.

((DarkLight if want to comment about the fireworks and Slade talking to her make it before or after Flare stated to hit Teo))

Edited by EXLink32

Ryan grinned when Kage agreed. "Don't you worry, after this, I'll work with you too." Ryan placed himself in position to begin doing push-ups and flinched slightly when Kage sat on his back. He's actually not that bad. I could get used to this. Ryan's arms quivered slightly before he thrusted himself upwards, triumphantly gasping for air as he arose. Ryan continued this cycle for about 50 push-ups before he'd decided he's had enough. Ryan stood up and grabbed a towel, wiping the sweat off of his chest and back. "Ok Kage, now it's your turn. Ryan grinned at the possibilities. "Ok, you're gonna do something similar to me. You're gonna do some push-ups, but instead of me, you get Glacien as the extra weight on your back, ok?" Ryan was enjoying the situation, finding it rather amusing.

((I'll make it before Flare was able to hit Teo.))

"G-Glad I was able to help," Danielle said quietly to herself as Flare's Flame Bursts began to look, well, more like Flame Bursts. She blushed as she watched Flare's fire lit up Slade's eyes. 'He looks so happy... I'm glad I was able to make that happen.'

"Krow?" Danielle snapped out of her daze and found that Avis and Corona stopped their routine to look at their red-faced master. Avis was grinning and Corona was chirping. It sounded like a giggle of sorts. "W-When did you get here?" Danielle stammered, trying to calm her racing heart. "Get b-back to those fireworks! I-I didn't say y-you were done!" Avis and Corona only glanced at one another in amusement before flying off. "And don't you dare think about making those in the sky!" Danielle shouted. She heard a disappointed cry from Avis before the loop-de-loops appeared again.

Jacob smiled as Slade was able to get Flare to make his Flame Bursts more effective. "See? If you train easily, you'll never be strong! Training is all about overcoming whatever obstacles are in your way, whether they be mental or physical." Jacob tossed Teo an Oran Berry and the Trapinch ate it quickly, the small scorch marks on his tough hide disappearing as he scarfed down the Berry. "I'd recommend practicing like that every day! And Teo, don't think you're off the hook! You shouldn't have gotten hit by those Flame Bursts. I know you're limited by your legs, but if you want to get strong enough to be a Flygon then we need to strive for perfection!" he said enthusiastically. Teo gurgled in agreement, hopping from foot to foot to demonstrate his agility. He then turned to Danielle, who was red-faced after Slade's praise. That's weird. I've never known her to be embarrassed by compliments, he thought to himself, noting her change in behavior. Eh. Probably just a girl thing. Best not to overthink it, he thought to himself, Danielle's reaction still nagging at the back of his mind.

"I think that's enough training for today," Jacob said with a smile on his face. "Does anyone want to battle us?"

Kage got down on all fours and assumed the position for push-ups. He waved at the Spheal to jump on his back, eager to get started. He was determined to beat Ryan's fifty push-ups, and at first he seemed to be achieving his goal. The first ten or so he did quickly, maintaining excellent form. However, Kage didn't pace himself properly, and by forty he was gasping for air. With what felt like a heroic effort, he went up to fifty-five, then flopped over, chest heaving. "Alright, you can call me stupid now." While Kage was pretty fit, he couldn't keep up with Ryan; he didn't have a solid routine. (Said routine consisted of "whenever I feel like it.")

"Does anyone want to battle us?"

"Jacob you know we're always ready for a battle, are you taunting us?" Slade said with a big smirk on his face and hat tilted down. Flare was also eager to try his new move in actual battle and had the fiery aura around him. "Me and Flare are all fired up, how about you?" Slade said doing an epic finger point like Phoenix Wright

Insert Slade's face here

Jacob pumped his fist, an excited gleam in his eye. "You know I'd never joke about anything as serious as a battle with my training partner, especially with my reputation as a battler on the line! If I'm going to be a top competitor in the Ymora League, then I have to push myself to win every match. You're on, Slade." Teo gurgled in excitement. He was happy to get a little payback on that Growlithe for hitting him with that Flame Burst. Chalchi looked thoughtfully at the other Trainer's Magnemite, eyeing it warily.

It's slow, she thought to herself. But Jacob already knows that. He knows that knowledge is key to being a good Trainer. Jacob looked at his Pokemon and smiled. Chalchi sighed. Of course he wants us to make an entrance. It's all a part of his battle plan, though, so we'll have to go along with it for now... she lamented. Just a boring, regular Poke Ball. What's so great about that? she wondered.

Jacob pressed the return button on both of his Poke Balls and walked over to a position on the battlefield, waiting for Slade to do the same. "What do you say to a friendly wager, buddy? How about twenty BP?" he asked, grinning like a madman. This battle should be good, he thought to himself. I'll be able to use the combo attacks that we've been working on if it's Doubles, and if it's Singles then I don't think either of his Pokemon can take on Teo one-on-one. My oldest friend is turning out to be an absolute monster for people to face down, he thought, chuckling. But I want Chalchi to get some training in as well. I'll just have to play it by ear, he decided, beginning to develop strategies for each situation.

Slade returned both of his pokemon just as Jacob did, "How about we raise it to 25 BP? Higher odds means...." Slade paused for a momment then siad, "They mean something the point is 25 BP wager on this battle, and lets do a signals 2 pokemon each!" Slade said tying to regain the momentum he lost after the pause. What Jacob doesn't know is that Slade has a few aces up his sleeve.

"I wouldn't say you're stupid. Spheals are heavier than you think. Hitting fifty-five push-ups isn't all that bad. I thought you looked great." With that, Ryan stepped out of the kitchen with homemade burgers, rice balls, sushi, and two tall glasses of water. While Kage was busy working up a sweat, Ryan had decided to throw himself into the kitchen to reward Kage for his great effort. "Please tell me you're hungry, I don't want all of this to go to waste." Ryan grinned.

((Holy Bird Jesus, 4 pages in a day? =O))

"Well, I have a list of pokémon I want to have on my team. Let´s see what we can find there but since it is a place of dragons I think... Don´t laugh, and don´t tell the others ok? I´ve been thinking on a Magikarp." Colin answered Evan. Of course, he knew his roommate was smart enough to know what this meant: Gyarados, the dragon who isn´t a dragon, the beast that would give him the power his team lacked until his other pokémon evolved.

Jacob nodded and prepared for the battle, checking that his Pokemon were at full health and would be able to continue battling for the entirety of their match. Satisfied with this information, he nodded to Slade. "Sounds good to me!" He's definitely got a plan if he wanted to do singles so badly. I'll need to be on my toes, he thought to himself, trying to read the other boy. But there's only so much he can do with the team he has right now. I definitely have the advantage as far as type goes, so let's see what happens. "If you're ready to start, we can."

Ryan chuckled as Kage dove onto the food like a ravenous maniac. Ryan took some sushi every time he saw an opening between Kage's swarm of forks and knives. Ryan swallowed a Magikarp Roll and looked up at Kage. "So why is it I'm the first person you think to visit in your free time? Do you just not like other people or am I too irresistible for you."

Notus

“A Gyarados huh?” Evan replied. “I saw one on television once, guess I’ll need an electric type if I want to beat you someday…” he said thinking about potential electric types. He wasn’t really interested, except for maybe a Jolteon. Of course that’s only if his Eevee wanted to. “Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone. It’s not like I have much people I talk to anyway,” he said with a small smile. He grabbed his green hoodie and put it on. Cleffa, who was jumping on Evan’s bed, stopped for a second to watch her trainer. Once she saw he was about to leave, she jumped in the hoodie to ride along.

“By the way, I’m going to look for Eevee, do you want to come?” Evan asked Colin, opening the door.

((Just follow if you want. I saw an opportunity to get him to talk to Mareek xD))

DarkLight, EXLink, Jory and Stratos

Lana blushed at Mareek’s comment. She felt a little embarrassed since there were people around she didn’t know. “I’m trying,” she said with a soft voice before looking at the battle that was about to start. Even after 6 weeks she found it hard to speak in a group where she didn’t know everyone.

The Eevee on the other hand had no problems getting to know people. After it got some attention from Danielle, it walked towards Mareek and started to sniff.

Suddenly a loud whistle could be heard and Eevee’s immediately responded. He knew that whistle; it was Evan’s way to call for him. “Veeee!” the little Pokémon yelled as loud as it could.

“Oh there you are,” Evan said casually walking over. “Did you cause Lana trouble again?” Cleffa was still in his hoodie and tried to watch over his head at what was going on.

• Veterans

Seeing as he really wanted to train,James sent out Tytanniel to try out a combo move with Shade."Shade use Will-o-Wisp,Tytanniel try and make the Will-o-Wisp Surround you by using Gyro Ball and then hit that rock"He said as he pointed at a random rock in the area.

As the battle between Slade and Jacob was about to begin, Avis finished off her FeatherDance dive bomb and landed, none to gracefully, besides Danielle. Corona went over to Avis and gave her a compliment; the coordinator-in-training stroked Avis' wing before placing Avis on her shoulder. "Not bad, we just need to work on your landing. But for now, girls, it looks like we have a battle to observe. Maybe Jacob and Slade can give us a few more combos to try out, oui?" Avis only eyed her master with the same grin as before. "W-What? You're still on that? Can I not be flustered over a compliment?" Danielle questioned her Murkrow. Avis only rolled her eyes and settled to preening her feathers. 'I'm just happy to see him happy, that's all. Isn't it normal to feel the same way as your friend?' Danielle thought as she walked over to the sidelines of the battlefield with Corona crawling alongside.

'Danielle is full of surprises alright. I don't get what she sees in that Murkrow wannabe, but it is interesting to see her this way.' Avis thought as she plucked out a few loose feathers, dropping them to Corona to use as a target practice for her Ember. 'If I had to choose, Jacob would be the prime choice. He's wiser and more mature than Slade; Jacob has the means to protect my master better...Then again, Slade did share a similar experience like Danielle's... But he didn't have to run away like a little kid...' She finally fluffed out her feathers and settled down, her body looking like that of a Honchkrow's again. She gave up trying to figure out the intricacies of human infatuation. This, Avis begrudgingly admitted to herself, is probably the one thing she will never understand. 'I guess humans look for more than just safety and strength. Nevertheless,' Avis glanced at Slade and Flare, 'If they dare hurt Danielle, they better not expect any mercy from me.'

Unlike Avis, Corona has a more positive outlook on Slade, although it may be because she had spent more time with them when they needed her help to perfect Flare's Ember. However, she still shared the same amusement as Avis on seeing their master being as shy as herself. 'I don't see why Avis is so uptight about Slade. Slade and Flare are really nice and funny! And our master seems to find them funny too! And, if it wasn't for them, Danielle would not have made that much progress in getting over her past. So, if they are happy together, than what is the problem?' The three finally made their way to Lana and her little group. Danielle proceeded to greet Lana, Mareek and Evan. Corona chirped before looking at the two guys. 'I know Jacob likes my master and he's really helpful too, but I can't force Danielle to like someone else. It's just how some things work in life...'

Edited by DarkLight