Pokémon Academy: Ch 2a: Dragons [IC]

Chim

DarkLight

Lana thought for a second while patting her Nidorina. “I don’t know yet. If it’s going to be a dragon I think I’ll go for a Flygon… but I really want a Shellos at some point. Gastrodon is a great help dealing with our water weakness,” she said in a soft voice. Even though she was used to Danielle by now, she never really increased her volume when speaking. “What about you? Did you already decide?”

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Not bad! If you happened to pick up a Trapinch, Jacob can help you raise one since it is his starter. As for my partner, I was thinking about this..." Danielle showed her the Pokedex entry for the Deceiver Pokemon. "It can deal with fairies and my horrendous rock weakness at the moment. But..." she looked down a moment, "I am nervous about getting one. I'm sure you remember me telling you how Avis got injured. Avis and Corona don't seem to mind, but I'm not too sure how it will be for me..."

Jacob smiled, content with his choice of new Pokemon and his packing ability. Well, I did set the high score on the Tetris machine in the Accumula Town Arcade... he thought to himself, chuckling at his spacial relations skills. Teo shook his head sleepily, unable to handle how hard his master was apparently able to geek out over packing of all things. Chalchi stuck her head into the room, emitting a small cry to get Jacob's attention. Her Trainer looked at her and Chalchi held up Jacob's alarm clock in her mouth. Oh, shoot! I'm late for training! he thought, beginning to panic. He quickly got dressed and returned Chalchi to her ball, scooping up Teo without a problem and sprinting out the door toward the practice field.

Once he arrived, he was pleased to find Slade already training. "Hey, buddy! Is Danielle here yet?" he asked, panting lightly from the run to the field. He scanned the area, answering his own question. "Okay, I guess that's a no." He then let Chalchi out of her ball and sent Teo to the other end of the field. "Alright, guys, let's do some practice! Chalchi, I want you to fire Water Guns at half power at Teo, who's going to be digging into the ground to avoid you. The catch is that Teo isn't allowed to stay under for more than 5 seconds at a time. We'll do this for ten minutes, then take a break. Let's go, guys!" he said loudly, clapping his hands. His Pokemon began to get to work, Teo diving into the soil and popping out as Chalchi tried to hit him with Water Guns.

The two Pokemon had bonded closely over the past six weeks and Chalchi loved her new Trainer. As far as friends went, Jacob's feelings toward Danielle were begin to flow from romantic ones to friendlier ones. It wasn't that he didn't think everything about her was perfect; it was an inner acknowledgement of the fact that she didn't return his feelings. Ryan and Jacob had continued to be quite close throughout the term, as Kage and Ryan were together a lot. He thought Slade was an awesome guy, and his Pokemon were strong training partners for Jacob's. Overall, everything was going great.

DarkLight

Lana looked at the Pokédex. “It looks like you really thought things through, didn’t you? And if you decided on it as well I think you know the answer already…” she mused thinking back to Danielle’s story. “I thought that Dedenne’s were responsible and this one protected Avis,” she said pointing to the Pokédex, not realizing they arrived at the training grounds.

"Ey, both of you your late, oh and I see you brought a friend with you Danielle. Here to train I'm guessing well I'm Slade and the guy over there is Jacob" Slade said tipping his hat to the newly met sparring partner.

"Me and Flare over here are trying to learn a new move before the great forest excursion, though its not going too well. The is Flame Burst though it's harder then I thought. We get the projectile out but it either bursts too early or doesn't burst at all." Then Slade noticed what Jacob was doing with his training and had an idea, "Jacob, do you mind if Flare can practice his new move with Teo like you're doing with Chalchi, It would be good for both of us." Slade asked Jacob as he let out his hand to the new face Danielle brought with her and had a big smile on his face.

DarkLight, EXLink and Jory

“I-I’m Lana,” she said uncertain. “I-I know who you are. We share gym class and Dragon Types…” Her face turned red when Slade suddenly let out his hand. She was unsure what to do and looked at Danielle for help.

"Yeah, you're right," Danielle agreed with her shy roommate. "It was also a Mawile that helped Avis, but," she sighed, "It's still a Fairy type, so I guess that's why I'm still a bit nervous..." She didn't really know how to explain it. Over the past six weeks, with help from Jacob and Slade, she was slowly able to get over the incident. The lingering thoughts of Fairy and Electric types, however, still remain. "I was hoping that by getting this, I can finally get over my fear of Fairies..."

"Ey, both of you your late, oh and I see you brought a friend with you Danielle. Here to train I'm guessing well I'm Slade and the guy over there is Jacob."

At the sight of Slade and Jacob, Danielle couldn't resist a grin. "This is my roommate, Lana. Be nice to her or I'll make you pay the price." She found Avis and Corona ready for their training regimens as well. They were hanging around with the other Pokemon while Lana and Danielle were walking along. "Regarding Flame Burst, maybe you want to start slow instead of making it burst already. Avis couldn't perfect her Steel Wing until she got her wings to change into metal, then hitting small objects and finally big objects."

Lana was looking at her with a nervous look in her eyes. Danielle gave her a pat on her shoulder. "Don't worry, Slade doesn't bite. Go on and shake his hand~" Danielle said, encouraging her. Although, she did a twinge of... jealousy?... as Slade held out his hand for Lana to shake.

Through hearing what Henry would 'prefer' to eat, Robert had remembered that Kenny said... Something about liking Seafood himself. Guess that's an easy choice. "Ok Henry, we'll go we'll make the third dish seafood. If you want anything specific, then Shiro'll likely be your best bet, but I have a few Seafood recipes that can work as a 'Campy' feel." It would be kinda given for anyone that lived on an island like Dewford to know seafood, and it's not like Robert just stayed at home in the past.

"Hella hyped actually. Hopefully we get put in the same cottage." Ryan said it suggestively. "About Feroces though? He's, let's say, protective. I think he doesn't want me getting emotionally hurt. I kind of let him know about the situation with my ex. And now he refuses to accept that I'm walking around with guys. Maybe he sees something we don't." Ryan chuckled a little bit after that. "I wanted to ask you, I seem to be missing and shirt, and I don't remember you ever returning it after sleeping in my bed that one night. You still have it." Ryan liked to poke fun at that incident. He found it humorous.

"Hey, it's not my fault we're the same size and you bought it at the same place I did. It's not like I can tell the difference." Kage huffed with mock indignation, before changing his tone. "Who knows what will happen if we spend the night in the same place again." He said this with a smirk as he walked over to the snarling Lucio. "Come on, you little bastard, I'm not the bad guy." He dug in his pocket and retrieved a Pokeblock, then held it out to Feroces.

Watching Kage approach, Feroces stiffened, holding himself up higher upon the arm of the couch. Maybe he's not all that bad. Ryan doesn't seem to hate him, and actually enjoys his presence. Feroces stiffened even further when Kage called him a bastard. Who are you to be calling me a bastard. Flames began licking at Feroces fangs, as if he was about to attack Kage.

Ryan picked up on the sudden hostility of Feroces and dove towards Feroces, knocking him off the arm onto the couch and giving him a giant bear hug as he saw Feroces stretch his neck preparing to attack. "You goofy little shit, there's nothing wrong with Kage, he's trying to be nice." Ryan ruffled Feroces's hair and stood up. "Sorry about that, he's still jumpy. I don't think bastard was a nice touch there." Ryan gave a light punch to Kage's shoulder and chuckled again.

Feroces sat up again, shaking himself off. Maybe I am being illogical. Feroces jumped off the couch, snatching the pokeblock in his mouth and stomping moodily off into Ryan's bedroom, curling himself up on the bed.

"Someone's having his time of the month," Ryan said jokingly. "I'm hoping we get the same cottage for this trip, it'll be a lot of fun." Ryan spoke in a suggestive tone.

"Okay..." Shiro mumbled as he grabbed a package of frozen Magikarp meat, along with some burgers for Henry. "I hope you won't mind." He said to Henry as they approached the counter. Henry paid using his BP (it felt weird... this was the first time Shiro had to ask someone else for money), and they went back to the dorms, psyched to cook stuff for tomorrow.

"Damn it, Java!" Mareek said angrily as he walked to the Training grounds, Dex in hand and his Porygon hovering over his shoulder. He'd finished his packing and buying supplies already. Figured he should try to train Erce and Java in a few new ideas he had for fights... though Java seemed to be insistent on trying to work with him to figure out what he was going to catch during the trip. "Look, If you're going to try to help, can you at least browse for species that are in the right habitat? Because you've been browsing through Pokemon that live exclusively in the ocean since we started."

The Porygon only gave him an angry glare as him and Erce kept walking. Was Mareek really this dull? Erce had a major weakness to fire, and he had one to fighting types; though Java was quite proud of having worked hard and learned Psybeam... but Erce hadn't been able to learn anything to make up for her disadvantage. And at the end of the day, Tactics were well and fine, but nothing beat a team member that could cover for it's allies' weaknesses.

"Not Looking For Ocean," Appeared in black lettering on the screen of Mareek's dex. "Just So Happens That Many Live In Sea."

Mareek mentally face palmed after reading that. "God, am I dense sometimes..." Java nodded it's head in agreement. Good to see his trainer had finally caught on to things. "You're looking through Water Types, aren't you?" Again Java nodded. The two were so engrossed in their looking for a potential addition to the team that they didn't even notice they had arrived at the Training Grounds until Erce pointed it out to them.

"Look, we can finish this later," The trainer said to his Porygon, tucking the Pokedex back into his pocket. There were a few others already here, of those he recognized right away were Lana, and his roommate. As for the other two, he didn't really know them that well, having spent most of the past six weeks studying for his classes and saving BP and Training his team rather than socializing a lot. But he was pretty sure the other girl's name was Danielle or something. Nothing came to his mind when he tried to place a name to the face of the boy with the Trapinch though.

"Looks like I have company here," he called as he headed over towards them, rather nonchalant. Erce, however, kept a noticeable eye on Slade's team as she walked behind the young man... tensed as if prepared to fight at any moment, but she also seemed to be restraining herself from doing anything rash for now. Guess she still hadn't quite gotten over losing that fight with 101 a few weeks ago.

DarkLight, EXLink, Jory and Stratos

Lana shook Slade’s hand while avoiding eye contact. She fixated on her shoes and didn’t see Mareek joining them. She jumped a little when she heard his voice seemingly out of nowhere.

In the meantime the Eevee woke up and studied everyone gathered. When it didn’t see its trainer, it jumped of the Rhyhorn and started sniffing at the closest one she wasn’t familiar with; Danielle.

"Ey, Mareek fancy meeting you here. Ya finally finished studying and going a little social or is this just coincidence? Anyways me and these peeps are here training together, if you wanna join us you're welcome to, and if you ask really nicely I might rematch you." Slade said with a big smile even though him and Flare are still trying to get Flame Burst mastered it couldn't hurt to have a battle with him again. Flare yipped still full of energy even after the many times he tryed Flame Burst.

Kenny headed out to the Battling/Training Fields, Ryu and Zorro by his side. According to his Pokedex, Both of his Pokemon had recently gained a Level, and he wanted to see if either of them had gotten any new moves by having them Spar against each other. Ryu went to one side of the Field, Zorro went to the other side, and Kenny took up a position on the sidelines of the Midfield. Kenny then did the Pre-Spar Check.

"All right, Ryu, Zorro, Ready?"

Ryu and Zorro both responded to him, acknowledging their readiness.

"Ri!"

"Yeah!"

Kenny then spoke, initiating the Match.

"Begin!"

Ryu moved first, speeding towards Zorro. Zorro jumped above Ryu, narrowly dodging the Quick Attack, and retaliated with a Scratch, which Ryu blocked with Counter. Zorro then started to seem to Cry, putting Ryu in a worried state (Fake Tears), causing Ryu to head over, only to be hit with a Critical Feint Attack because his guard was down. Ryu responded by becoming surrounded in a Black Aura, and then... Also using Feint Attack? Kenny consulted his Pokedex, which told him that Ryu had just used Copycat. After a minute had passed, Kenny ended the Sparring Match, as it was part of the rules that Ryu and Zorro had agreed on using that the Sparring Matches only lasted one Minute.

"Time!"

Kenny then regrouped with his Pokemon, giving them both a Sitrus Berry each, fully replenishing their HP.

"Good job, you two! that was quite the nice move you used back there, Zorro. you did a similar thing as well, Ryu."

Ryu and Zorro both smiled in response. The three of them then noticed a small group gathering near one of the other Fields. Kenny, Ryu, and Zorro all went over to see what was going on, and Kenny spoke up.

"It seems that I wasn't the only person Training here."

Like Lana, Danielle also jumped as Mareek and his Pokemon approached them. She could have sworn that she had seen him before, but the name slipped from her memory. Being cheerful to everyone, she gave him a welcome anyway. "Hi there! Nice of you to join us!" Then, she heard little sniffing sounds down at her feet. As she looked down, Danielle realized it was the sleeping Eevee. "Aww, hello there little one~" Danielle cooed softly. She knelt down beside the Eevee offered her hand for the Pokemon to sniff.

Meanwhile, Corona curled up slightly, releasing sparks of fire around her. She has no clue of who that guy with the creepy Scyther is and new people, besides fire type or bug type Pokemon, often make her feel shy.

Edited by DarkLight

Jacob smiled at Slade, nodding. "Of course Flare can practice! I'll just ask you to have him going at half power so that if he hits Teo, we can just give him an Oran Berry and get right back to it." He looked over to his Pokemon and at his stopwatch, which had just ticked to the ten minute mark. "Perfect timing, too!" He immediately whistled loudly, causing both of his Pokemon to stop what they were doing and approach him. Over the past six weeks, Chalchi had grown substantially and was now taller than Jacob. She had also developed an annoying habit of moving around by using Freeze Dry on the ground under her and sliding along the ice, which had resulted in more than one other student slipping behind her. "Alright, Chalchi, you get a break. Teo, you're going to do the same thing for Flare." The Trapinch gurgled happily and went back to the battlefield, ready to train some more. Jacob then approached Danielle and her roommate, as well as Slade's roommate.

"Hey, guys," he said to them happily, a huge grin on his face. "Training's going really well. When he evolves fully, I don't think there'll be any Flygon able to outspeed Teo. Even as a Trapinch he's able to outspeed a lot of other Pokemon," he said excitedly, then remembered he didn't even know Danielle or Slade's roommates. "I'm Jacob, by the way," he said quickly, extending a hand to Danielle's roommate a nod of acknowledgement to Slade's.

"Yeah, not gonna happen for now," Mareek immediately said to Slade's offer after The girl with the murkrow had greeted him, Much to Erce's dismay. "Erce here still needs work cancelling out her massive weakness to fire, and I'm not exactly to keen to go rushing into another battle against Fire until we nip that issue in the bud." Then the boy with the Trapinch made his way over, introducing himself with a mere nod to the young man.

"And I'm Mareek," he said in response. Erce had began growling a little at Slade's partners. She parred her claws, taking a few steps forward in agression. Both Mareek and Java glanced back at her. "Cool it, Erce," her trainer ordered simply. "You might be sore about losing, but you did the best you could in the situation my mistakes put you in. And besides, fighting again won't change anything if we don't try to learn from what went wrong last time." Reluctantly, she listened to him and backed down, though still kept an eye on the man in the fedora. With his giant mantis in check, he turned his attention to Lana, having noticed that little jump of surprise she had made when he'd spoken.

"Anyways, Nice to see you here, Lana," he said, using a bit of a friendlier tone of voice than he had with Slade and the other two present. "And I see your beginning to come out of that shell a little more."

"Ok suit yourself, Jacob ready for whack-a-Teo or whatever this training is called." Slade diverting his attention back to Jacob. Thankfully Mareek declined and he could focus on training. "You three chat for a while, me and him have to train. If that sounded rude I'm sorry but this is important to me and Flare." He said before him and Flare got ready to train with Teo.

"Yeah, can't wait. Looks like the day AND the night are going to be great. Speaking of, though, I had better get packed. Meet you back here, or did you want to do something else?" Kage brushed off the Luxio's hostility, unaware of just how close he had been to a nasty bite.

'So that's Mareek?' Danielle thought as she scratched Eevee behind its ear. 'Slade did tell me about their battle, but I didn't think that Scyther would hold a grudge for so long... Then again, who am I to judge? I did hold on to my fear for 7 years...' She turned back to Mareek and waved. "Nice to meet you, Mareek. Name's Danielle, in case you didn't know~ And my partners here are Avis, that Murkrow, and Corona, my Larvesta who is... Wait a minute." Danielle left the Eevee for a moment to calm down her Larvesta. Once Corona's flames died down, Danielle picked her up and walked back over to them. "Sorry, she gets shy around new people. Don't be afrai;, say hi to everyone, Corona~"

Corona peaked behind Danielle's arms and gave a small squeak. When she saw the Scyther, however, she waved a little more cheerfully, obviously comforted by another Bug type's presence with this scary trainer.

Avis, who was perching on a branch near their heads, was watching Erce closely just in case she decided to make a wrong move towards her master and Corona. However, Avis did give a nod and a "murkrow" towards Java and Mareek, who seem to be more reasonable than that Scyther. She also saw how Mareek's demeanor seemed to have changed between addressing Slade and Lana. Feeling that this is a good chance for Lana to open up some more, Avis crowed to Danielle and looked at the two boys who are training their Pokemon.

"Avis, you're impatient as always~" Danielle teased her bird. "Sorry to break it off, I need to train Avis and Corona, too. Join us when you two are ready, okay?" With that, she gave a nudge to Lana before she went off to prepare her two partners for a little sparing and to practice their combinations. Corona waved goodbye to the Scyther while Avis flew off with them.

Edited by DarkLight

Jacob nodded to Slade. "Sure thing, bud. Lana, Mareek, it was nice to meet you. You're obviously welcome to come train with us if you'd like," he said with a smile before walking over to his Pokemon and taking a position off to the side of Teo so as not to be in Flare's line of fire. "Alright, Slade, the way this works is simple. You heard me tell Chalchi what to do earlier. Same concept, but let's work on that Flame Burst of yours," he said enthusiastically. If there was one thing Jacob loved, it was helping to teach his peers how to be better Trainers for their Pokemon. "Teo, I know you're a little tired, but we're working on building your endurance. That way when you evolve no one will be able to catch up to you!" Teo nodded and gurgled excitedly, preparing to dive. "Whever you're ready, go!" he said to Slade. I barely even have to coach Teo at this anymore. It's nice having a Pokemon as smart as I am.

"Well, we always have time later to pack." Ryan gave an ineffective wink. "I never got the chance to do my workout today, so you could always help me if you're up to it?" He glanced into his bedroom and gave a reassuring smile to Feroces. Why the hell does he have such a problem?

Feroces looked up to see Ryan give him a gentle and concerned grin. Damn it, if he feels comfortable I'll let him be.

"OK, Flare use what you did on the rock at Teo, focus on making it burst on impact then hitting Teo second." He said then after Flare shot one straight at Teo. It left tiny embers as it soared right at Teo.

Edited by EXLink32

"Yeah, I'll 'work out' with you," Kage replied with a grin. He shrugged off his vest, making the owner of the shirt he was wearing underneath quite plain, and tossed it onto the sofa. "So, got any jeans-friendly workouts, or are you planning on removing my pants?"