Promotion, On Discipline

• Administrators
I'll start this out on a positive note- We're welcoming Manowar to the PPR team as our newest mod. Manowar has been around since very near the beginning and continues to be a mature and active contributor to the community on both the forums and server.
Also, I don't like to be on the wrong side of that Kangaskan. That thing is beast sometimes...

However, there is a pressing issue that needs to be addressed. Last night there was some serious conflict between our members and some of our visitors. I was repeatedly asked by several of our members to remove them from the server, and I have little doubts that others who did not voice such requests felt the same way (myself included).

However, as annoying as those people were, because they were not actually breaking the rules, I could not fairly have enforced any action.

Therefore, the rules need to change. This is not the first time that this has been an issue, but I intend to let it be the last.
I'm asking you all what rules we could possibly in state that would be fair, induce order, and yet not make us be seen as totally fascist. Perhaps with that last condition, a paradox is created- however I will let the community decide to what extent we carry out these rules and what reputation it brings us.

It could be something as vague as "Don't be annoying" however, annoying standards are then left to the subjectivity and whims of the staff. If this is acceptable, it can be instated, but I would like to know if anyone has any better ideas.

Manowar has been mod'ifyed on the PO Server, so that's all finished up.

As for the rules, I like the general "Don't be annoying". It seems the staff and users do a great job at warning people before any disciplinary actions are taken, so that should be their indication to stop.

If you'd prefer a more community-based thing, I could add in a /report command [which was Geo's idea ... yep] (which could either auto-kick after a majority vote or do nothing other than inform mods of who's being stupid), although the whole thing might cause more trouble than it's worth.

Oh, the other thing we should probably figure out is the semi-enforced "English Only" rule. It's not quite as bad during the day, but late night and early mornings there's a lot of Italian (I think) and Spanish going on. For the most part I've been ignoring it because nobody else is talking anyway...

I think, for the sake of formality, we should say something like, "No trolling. Trolling, by definition, is any act done deliberately for the purpose of provoking any form of negative reaction." It's a really thick catch clause that will catch all kinds of things such as what was happening last night.

We need to promote a positive atmosphere. That's not to say we can't be competitive or anything, but you don't gotta be an ass. League leaders are free reign though. :(

• Administrators
I think perhaps if we coupled the annoying and trolling clauses together, because while I agree to Manowar's proposition, it still doesn't cover most of what occurred last night, as they claimed to just be trying to enjoy themselves with each other. So, does anyone have a problem with those?