Pokémon Academy: Ch 1a: A fresh start [IC]

Chim

This is only for those that signed up as students. The RoG Members topic will follow.

August 31, 8.27 AM

Professor Redwood left the Contest Hall. After doing a last check-up of the equipment, everything seemed to be ready for his speech later that day. He looked at the gates, then on his watch. The first early birds will arrive soon, he thought. Everyone knew that the gates opened at exactly 9 AM, but some people wanted to arrive before the mass or were just too excited to wait. It was then that his attention was drawn by a figure walking up to him. The sun was low and blinded Redwood a bit, but he recognized the silhouette. How could he not? The man walking up to him was 6’2” and looked a bit intimidating with his red hear and beard. But Redwood knew better. The man was one of the kindest people he knew, and he knew a lot of people, and very popular with students; Devin Cadmus, current leader of the E4 and master of Dragon types.

“Good morning Devin, what bring you here?” Redwood asked.

“Hello Professor, I was just checking if everything was ready in the Entrance Hall,” Devin said a bit concerned.

“What went wrong this time?”

Devin sighed. Every year something had to go wrong and every year it involved at least either Phoebe or Tyron. “Phoebe can’t remember where she put the box containing the dorm keys. Students can’t go into their room unless they are opened with a master key.”

Redwood raised his eyebrows. Of course, of all the things they could lose, they had to lose the keys on the opening day. “Remember me we should use electronic locks next year. That way students only need their Academy ID Card,” he said rubbing his temples. This was exactly why he let his secretary deal with all this stuff. “And what are those papers you’re carrying, Devin?”

“Hm? Oh, I almost forgot about these. I was just looking through the list of new students. We got a lot from other regions this time too. Did you know there’s a kid in here that ran away?”

“Ah yes. I already called his parents and told them I accepted his apply into the Academy,” Redwood said while walking towards the Academy building.

“That must’ve been a pleasant conversation,” Devin remarked sarcastically.

“You have no idea… They started yelling, called me irresponsible and something about giving a bad signal to kids running away from home… I just asked them if they preferred if I left him on the streets to lead the life of a thug…”

Devin chuckled. He knew all too well Redwood never declined a potential student, no matter their background. He followed the professor without saying anything and mentally prepared for the frustrating adventure that awaited them: finding those damn keys.

A little while later Devin managed to find the keys. He came to the conclusion Phoebe simply forgot to pick them up in their respective dorms. “I’m so sorry!” she said for about the hundredth time. “I was so sure I picked them up last night!”

“No harm done, Phoebe,” Redwood answered. He stared at the massive information board located above a broad staircase. The board contained the details as to where to find everything in this massive building. Students automatically came face to face with it when deciding to go to the left or right in order to reach the first floor. On the ground floor, next to the staircase, were two large openings. The one on the right had a sign that indicated the cafeteria was there. The doors were open and if one peeked through it, they could see there was a place for every student. But since a lot of families visited on this day, one could choose to sit outside as well.

The doors on the left side were closed. They lead to a corridor filled with classrooms, but it was impossible to reach them. The entire left side, if you faced the stairs, was closed off by 8 desks containing a computer. The computers were all connected to a big central machine that was connected to the power source. It was flanked by two massive wooden boards containing keys. Devin and some others, including Tyron, were still finishing up hanging the keys by pairs in numerical order.

Meanwhile the clock reached 9 AM and the gates opened. The first students, and some of their families, made their way down the path to the white Academy building. All they had to do was waiting in line at one of those 8 desks with their sign up papers in hand.

Edited by Chimchain

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slade was the first at the gate camping there with a sleeping bag. He woke up with the mumbling of people around him. He packed up his bag and stood in the front of the line. When the gates opened he went towards one of the desks with his sheet in hand. He gave it to the person at the desk with out saying a word.

Edited by EXLink32

Seventh in line, Ryan sat, snickering at a joke he remembered from yesterday as the gates had opened. He stepped forward, walking toward the 7th desk, and quickly slipped his paper onto the desk with a huge grin on his face. He patted Glacien on the head as he rolled around excitedly.

Once it was Danielle's turn in line, a Murkrow handed the sign up sheet to the attendant. The little bird then went back to her perch on Danielle's shoulder, surveying the crowds.

"Well, Avis, this is it. You won't have to hide anymore." Danielle said to the Murkrow, giving her a pat.

• Veterans

Excited as ever,James was waiting at the entrance gate 10th in line of course. Materializing in and out of his world was his Duskull,with its rare shiny colouration it glared at the murkrow on Danielle's shoulder. When it was his turn to give in his Sign up sheet,James gave it to the Attendant and walked away muttering to himself "This is it...No walking back anymore."

Kage, after disengaging himself from his parents, made his way into one of the signup lines. His Ralts, Lucas, held onto his signup forms for him as Kage navigated the area. After waiting for a while, he took the form from the Ralts perched on his shoulder and handed it over, angling his face toward what he hoped was the attendant's face.

• Support Squad

The gates opened, and a rush of excitement filled Claude. He strode up to the nearest desk, and handed his papers over with a grand flourish and a small bow. "And there we have it~, Now, let's see our fellow classmates, shall we Doux? " The cottonee resting on his head bopped up for a second before settling once more

Claude scanned the area, and saw a girl waiting with her Murkrow. Claude approached her with a smile on his face.

"Hello there Madame, are you another new student like moi?"

• Veterans

Walking away from the Sign Up hall,James saw a Kid around his Age running about with a Spheal Rolling Behind him.Wanting to meet his fellow student he walked up to him and greeted him."Hello,the name's James.What's yours?"

Ryan heard footsteps approaching him and made a complete 180 to see who it was. He studied the boy from top to bottom, making sure this person would make a suitable friend in the long run. "Oh, hi James. The name's Ryan. WOW! Is that a shiny duskull? Damn, that's really cool. What's its name? My Spheal here is Glacien."

Ryan wore a puzzled look on his face. "Never head of him, I hate to say." He bent down and let Glacien roll straight into his arms. Glacien nuzzled into Ryan's chest and then suddenly shot an interested look towards a trainer seemingly alone with a Ralts. Ryan, picking up on his Spheal's sudden interest, glanced at the trainer and his pokemon. "Perhaps we should meet that guy over there?" He patted Glacien on the head before swaggering over in a failed attempt to exude bravado, hoping James was following behind.

EXLink32

The woman at the desk took the papers without saying a word. The badge on her shirt gave away her name was Rebecca. She was wearing her usual lab coat and started looking up information on her computer. “Slade Kafkin,” she read from the monitor. “Here are some documents. This is a map from the Academy Grounds, your student badge and code. At 6 PM professor Redwood is holding a welcome speech in the Contest Hall so please be there.” She stood up and went over to one of the boards and grabbed one of the keys with number 213. “Here you go. This is your dorm key. Use you badge to get access to the building. Feel free to explore the Grounds!” she said with a smile before turning to the next student.

TurboAura

A guy with a lab coat and glasses took the papers and started typing on his computer, just like his colleague did next to him. He grabbed a key with number 125, grabbed the student card and gave it to Robert. “Have fun exploring the grounds, but be in the Contest Hall at 6 PM,” Brendan said.

Tacos

As soon as Slade walked away from the desk, he handed his papers to Rebecca. She repeated the same action as before, this time taking a key with number 202. “The rest of the things you need are in your dorm. You’re free to explore until 6 PM!”

DarkLight

A woman named Nathalie accepted Danielle’s papers. “Welcome to the Academy!” she said while starting to type. She rolled her seat back, grabbed a key with number 008, and rolled back. She gave the key, papers and remark about Redwood’s speech and seemed a little stressed. “Have fun!” she said while sighing. The line on her desk kept getting larger and larger by the minute.

Can’t Type

A man in a sweatshirt received the papers and looked a bit lost. His name tag was upside down but was readable anyway. Tyron, the P.E. teacher, was clearly out of his element. He was by far the slowest out of everyone sitting behind desks, but he had volunteered anyway. He took a look at James’s form and went to grab key 016. When he came back the boy was gone. “OOY JAMES, WHERE ARE YOU? I NEED TO GIVE YOU SOME STUFF!!” he yelled a bit panicking.

Murdoc

Nathalie took the documents without looking at Kage’s face. She handed him the documents he needed and grabbed a key with number 027. She explained everything to him so fast she almost stumbled on her words. When she finally calmed down she finished her sentence: “Anyway, just be at 6 PM in the Contest Hall.”
She never noticed Kage was actually blind.

Dobby

A young woman named Phoebe started looking Claude’s data up. She grabbed a key with number 101, frowned her eyebrows and started to chuckle. She remembered who had the other key because the guy was rather weird. She was about to say something when she got distracted by Tyron’s yelling. When she looked back she noticed Claude was gone as well. “HEY, FRUITY GUY, COME OVER HERE WILL YA?” With Phoebe yelling added to Tyron’s, this was bound to be an interesting day.

Damn guys, you're way too fast. My bones can't keep up xD

Edited by Chimchain

• Support Squad

“HEY, FRUITY GUY, COME OVER HERE WILL YA?”

The womans yelling natually caught Claudes attention. He turned back to the girl he was approaching "Uh, sorry, I seem to be needed." With that, he scooted over to Phoebe, wearing a sheepish grin on his face. "I wandered off too quickly, didn't I?"

• Veterans

Hearing his name being shouted,James asked if Ryan could wait for him and sped off before Ryan could answer.In the entrance hall he saw a person with a sweat shirt and walked up to him."You called my name?"

Edited by Can't Type

Dobby

“Ya think? I need to give you some stuff first. Anyway, since you seem to be the social type I won’t take long. Map, 6 PM be here,” she encircled the Contest Hall in a big red marker. “And here’s your key,” she said. If Claude looked closely, he could see Phoebe grin while handing him over a key with number 103.

Can't Type

“I sure did. You don’t even recognize me, do you?” Tyron laughed. “That’s the spirit! Youth should be filled with energy! Here is your stuff, including map and trainer card. Be in the Contest Hall at 6. It’s the complete opposite way from the dorms. Speaking about that, you got room 202.” After handing everything over, Tyron simply walked away, completely ignorant that people were staring at him.

Edited by Chimchain

Kenny left his parents, and then walked over to one of the sign-up desks, and handed in his Papers. seeing the others have their Pokemon out, Kenny grinned. he then calmly walked over to a group of four kids, who had a Ralts, a Duskull, and a Spheal. Kenny greeted them.

"Hey guys. my name's Kenny. Who are you?"

He then took the Premier Ball that contained Ryu off of his Belt, and tossed it into the air. It went about two feet above Kenny's head, fell onto the ground, and then bounced to head-height, where it released the Shiny Riolu. Kenny then grabbed the Premier Ball out of the air as it started to fall again.

"Merci~ And, uh... Good luck with the crowd..." Danielle replied as she took the papers. She just decided to slip a few good words before she took her leave; her attendant did seem a little out of it. Her Murkrow decided to keep the key though; she was always fascinated by unknown objects.

Once she folded her papers neatly, Danielle went off to find that boy with the Cottonee. She grinned as he took his key from an annoyed attendant at his desk. She recalled that he also knew some French.

"All set to go this time, monsieur?" Danielle greeted her fellow student.

Kage ran his thumb over the key after walking past the desk. "027, huh? Hope the neighbors like metal." He started, realizing he rhad forgotten something. Reaching into his backpack, he withdrew a pair of sunglasses and put them on. "That should help. Now, do we have a map that you can read?" He started shuffling through the papers, holding them at an angle so Lucas could see them.

"Damn! All these people have shiny pokemon!" Ryan hugged Glacien to reassure him that he was definitely beyond special. Ryan noticed that the boy with the Ralts had yet to notice his presence. He lightly tapped on his shoulder, hoping not to startle him.

• Veterans

Seeing a person walk over to him,Ryan and another Student,he heard the kid introduce himself as Kenny.He decided to introduce himself to Kenny"Hello,Nice to meetcha Kenny,The name's James and Don't you forget it." He said with a Smile."This is Shade the Duskull,We've been Itching to battle for a while now...You know what Happens when Trainers meet eyes don't you Kenny?"

Kenny looked at the Trainer who had just challenged him, and smiled.

"Yup. A battle must begin."

Kenny then looked to Ryu.

"Ryu, level the Playing Field a bit with Foresight!"

Ryu then used Foresight on Shade.

Jacob tapped his foot impatiently. He'd been waiting in line for nearly twenty minutes already, and although the queue was moving quickly he was anxious to get inside and begin his career as a Pokemon Trainer. His parents had said goodbye at the airport in Castelia City, where the young man had boarded a plane bound for Lilycove. From there he took a ferry to the Ymora Region and local transportation to the school. So, after many long hours of traveling, he was understandably tired. At least he hadn't had to make the journey alone, though. A light tapping on his calf derailed his train of thought and the aspiring Trainer looked down at his companion. Jacob chuckled and took a pink PokeBlock out of the side pocket of his backpack, dropping it into the eagerly awaiting jaws of his Trapinch and having a chuckle as Teo's huge jaws tried to process the chewy treat. "Couldn't even make it to the cafeteria, huh buddy? Maybe you should've been born a Munchlax!" At that, his companion made a plaintive sound, but continued chewing his treat.

"Next!" shouted the person at the desk in front of Jacob. The young trainer stepped up to the desk and handed in his forms, distracted by the formation of a small group of students. After being handed his key, he decided to approach them, his Trapinch wobbling slightly as he hurried to keep up with his Trainer. He approached a boy with a Spheal and another with a Ralts, looking down at Teo. The Trapinch didn't appear to care and was still working hard to get the last of the pink PokeBlock out of his mandibles.

"Hey guys, I'm Jacob, and this is Teo. I figured why_not try to make some friends on the first day, right?" he said cheerfully, following his mom's advice to smile and be positive.

Edited by Jory