Pokémon Academy: Ymora Region [OOC / Registrations Closed]

Chim

Hey welcome to the OOC / Sign-up thread for Pokémon Academy. Now let's explore this new region while aiming for our own goals.

The idea behind the RP:

Hey Diary, it’s me again! Everyone’s favorite Pokémon trainer and future professor! Haha, I’m just kidding. A failed attempt at humor, I must admit, since I’m not really in the mood for jokes.
Traveling through Johto was definitely a good idea. I’ve seen a lot while traveling other regions but what I saw today was one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. It has strengthened my resolve to do something, to change this world as we know it. Anyway, I’m drifting of. I was on my way to Goldenrod City to meet up with professor Oak, who was visiting for a radio show in the Radio Tower. I was almost there when I saw two kids having a battle. I could see that both were rookies, conquering their first league; or at least trying. I remember one kid saying he had 6 badges and the other only had 1. The kid with the 6 badges was using a Donphan and was rather skilled; the other had a Magmar out. I was fascinated. Magmar is a rather rare Pokémon and I was curious how this rookie would handle it while having a disadvantage. The outcome was clear. The rookie kept ordering for fire attacks, while Donphan easily took it and dished out some ground moves. Magmar fell after doing a rather decent job and the rookie completely lost it. I was about to go when I heard screaming. The skilled kid was lying on the ground; his face covered in flames. The rookie just stood there smiling while his Magmar obviously felt terrible about it. The look in the fire type’s eyes, I will never forget it.
Luckily I had my Slowking with me. I warned the police and brought the wounded boy to the hospital as fast as I could, only to find out the burns were too severe. The boy would have to live on with scars on his face but what was worse was the mental trauma. And the culprit, you ask? Well, the authorities couldn’t do anything. He was underage and made a ‘mistake in judgment’ and still had to learn what sportsmanship was. All the psycho had to do was say: “I’m sorry; I’ll never do it again.”

Next week I’m going back home with new convictions. Something has to change with this messed up system. During my travels I’ve seen a lot. People stealing Pokémon or robbing little kids, Pokémon going out of control and destroying everything, accidents happening because of inexperienced trainers, petty arguments about paying after losing a battle, but never ever have I seen a trainer order a direct attack on another trainer. This system has to change and I will do it. I will accept the offer to become Professor Hazel’s assistant and with his help I will make a new system that will mean something. I won’t aim for small changes like they did years ago. Politicians who knew nothing about Pokémon changed the age from 10 to 12 and what did they reach?
“I’m sorry. I ruined your life. I won’t do it again.”

My decision to travel through the regions once again was the right thing to do. Even I couldn’t predict the results I’ve come up with. It’s time for a change.

C.R.

Ymora Region

The Ymora Region is famous for its breeding program. All kinds of Pokémon are being bred and requested all over the world, including by the professors in other regions. Furthermore this region is the birthplace of the new LT-system as well as having the most difficult powerful League.

Ymora is located South from the Hoenn region and shares a similar climate when it comes to temperature. It’s warm through the entire year with a very hot summer and frequent rain showers in the winter. Snow can only be found on Snowpeak Mountain which is 24.681 feet high. Because the mountain stands alone people offer refer to it as ‘Lonely Mountain’ or ‘Fourth Brother’. It is located on the western part. The region is almost split in half by a mountain range; Boulder Hills. This range has 3 peeks so people called it The Three Brothers. Between these mountains is Valley Road; popular for being the safest passage from north to south and many vendors along the way. Valley City is located directly in the middle and is considered the heart of the region. Directly south of the Boulder Hills lies the Southern Forest; Ymora’s biggest forest and a part of it is under the Academy’s direct supervision.

The south-east part of Ymora is famous for its natural hot springs. The waters are deep and it’s advised not to go swimming there. From the different havens tourist boats make a tour around the small islands. Under these islands is a gigantic underwater volcano that’s still active, causing steam and hot water. The volcano is connected to the natural hot springs on land.

The main attraction in the northern part is Cape Ducklett; famous for its beautiful beaches. Many tourists come here to relax and to take the Safari Tour. This tour includes visiting the Safari Park; including a swamp area for certain Pokémon species and Hippowdon Reservoir; a small desert-like area where Pokémon live.

History

Recently a group of archeologist discovered written scrolls about history. Not every part is readable but the part that survived, tells about a dark history. The records start 120 years ago when the regions as we know them today, were divided into 43 Kingdoms. It was a dark time. The human race, who didn’t understand anything about Pokémon, used their powers to wage war with each other. Kingdom after Kingdom fell. Some surrendered, others got conquered and one even self-destructed. After 45 years of suffering only 17 remained standing.

One of these Kingdoms was the Kingdom of Greadia; located south of Boulder Hills. Greadia was considered one of the most powerful ones and many tried to make an alliance with them. But King Reynard refused. He was a young but wise King that preferred peace. The records tell that he didn’t want his children to grow up in a war, but not everyone shared his opinion. In the end he was betrayed, by whom the records don’t tell, but war threatened the Kingdom of Greadia once again for another 10 years. And then the war suddenly stopped. Records speak of a meeting of Kings held in Greadia, but no one knows the reason why. Those records were lost.

The last scroll tells the story about the youngest son of King Reynard; Prince Edmund. The young prince was mature for someone who just turned 10 years old and he had discovered something. Pokémon bonded with people after spending time with them and they loved friendly battles. It helped them grow as both a species and an individual. So the young prince, who never left the castle because of the war, wanted to see Grealia with his own eyes while traveling with his Pokémon. The King, who was tired of arguments, agreed on one condition. He summoned some of his very best knights who gained achievements through the war. He gave them each land spread out through his Kingdom so his son could travel to them and challenge them to a battle. Only when the young prince defeated all 8 knights, he would be rewarded by fighting the Kingdoms 5 strongest warriors.

The last part on the scroll contained a summary. After the borders were open for tourists, other Kingdoms copied the system. Some saw it as a tool of training potential soldiers, while others took it even further and organized a big event where everyone could battle each other after defeating 8 knights. The very first Pokémon Leagues were being held.

But this system was all but perfect. Incidents through the entire Kingdom happened. Some Pokémon went berserk because their trainers couldn’t control them, others used them to rob innocent people and some children went missing to never be seen again. Maybe they got caught in an accident, maybe something worse happened, but no one knew. There was no media to report it, no records kept by the authorities. Years went by using this imperfect system.

Meanwhile humanity made progress. There were no wars being fought, brilliant minds started researching Pokémon and technology made progress. It was one of these inventions, radio, which was the demise of the Kingdoms. Accidents were recorded and reached the commoners ears, reports of missing children and people abusing Pokémon to rub innocents were the daily reports. The commoners begged the King to do something about it, but they did not see any change. It was then that the rats of society, power hunger people, gained influence. They started preaching about everything had to change and started working together to expand their influence, even across the borders. They came up with a new system that sounded like music to many peoples ears. 12-years olds could now start a journey under the supervision of a famous professor. In return for keeping track and giving rookie trainers a suitable Pokémon that most likely wouldn’t go berserk, they would receive extra funds from the government. They also preached about how a democracy would benefit everyone. People would have a say in what happened in the Kingdom, something that was denied to them for a long time. As a results royal families lost power and Kingdoms merged forming a Region under the ‘guidance’ of a government chosen by the commoners. Power to the people! Everything for the commoners! Hooray for the new system! It sounded pretty good 40 years ago, but it didn’t change anything.

Luckily most corrupt government officials lost power over the years. They kept playing dangerous games to increase their influence and every now and then it would backfire. It did when television and political shows came out and people noticed the trainer system hadn’t changed for the better. Things went completely wrong for said officials when evil teams appeared almost simultaneously throughout different regions. People started to panic when Hoenn almost got destroyed by Legendary powerhouses, Sinnoh was on the verge of being sucked in a different dimension, Team Flare blew an entire village up in an attempt to destroy Kalos, meanwhile Team Rocket robbed people and in Unova Team Plasma self-destructed and is still fighting one another. And all of this happened in just three years.
It was then when a certain brilliant professor released a paper he had been working on for many years. He had the support of all important professors and his contained research from professors Oak and Rowan, who vouched for it.

Professor Redwood’s LT-system gained international attention and convinced Ymora’s government. They agreed to fund the Academy that Redwood already started building. And while other Regions were still debating and arguing about what should be taught and what not, the first graduates from Ymora’s Academy participated in the League 5 years ago. What they showed was outstanding. They obliterated every non-graduate and convinced everyone; from government officials to people opposed to the idea. Pokémon battles became more popular than ever and the League attracted more public which increased the economy. Ymora blossomed under this new system.

Timeline

It is still unclear how the world was shaped. Many believe it to be Arceus, but they do not know when he did it. Thus the oldest scrolls that were found were used to create a new calendar. In the meantime fossils and other remains are found everywhere as a sign there was already life before the first year, when nomads and tribes traveled around the world.

Year 1: 43 Kingdoms formed or remained. Historians believe this to be the start of human development. The most popular theory is that tribes and nomads started to work together in order to survive and build something up; the first sign of human progress and the first year of the new calendar.
Year 45: After decades of warfare; 17 Kingdoms remained. Greadia was considered the strongest of them all. Negotiations for peace and alliances failed.
Year 55: All battlefields ceased to exist. After 10 years of war threating Greadia; peace was achieved.
Year 57: The young prince Edmund, age 10, started his journey through the Kingdom. The very first ‘Pokémon League’ was born without the King realizing it.
Year 61: Greadia and other Kingdoms opened their borders for travelers and tourists. Many Kingdoms copied what they saw in Greadia. Some saw it as on opportunity to keep an army, others used it to attract more tourists. The results were the same: 10 year olds starting a journey to beat the strongest Knights of the Kingdom; Pokémon League.
Year 75: Radio was born and reports of accidents and missing children were broadcast through entire Kingdoms.
Year 76: Citizens wanted a change in the system and the first politicians raised their voice. They used the anger and sadness of the people and rose to power.
Year 79: Kingdoms fell left and right. The last and proud Kingdom of Greadia followed.
Year 80: Government’s formed through the Kingdoms. The system changed to a Professor handing out starter Pokémon to 12 year olds.
Year 85: Regions were formed. The concept of television was born since the radio was corrupt.
Year 88: Everyone (or 95%) had television. Unfortunately it fell in the hands of corrupt politicians to gain more influence.
Year 97: Most TV-stations became independent after corrupt politicians lost their power. People were worried and started to question the system again.
Year 109 – begin 111: Evil teams showed up everywhere during these years. (Events happening in every region except Sinnoh) + professor Redwood proposes the LT-System. (Academy was already being built)
Year 111: Right when everyone thought the organizations were stopped, team Galactic’s plot happened. Ymora Region’s government immediately introduced the LT-system.
Year 112: Team Rocket and Team Plasma are only organizations confirmed to be active. Team Rocket mainly controls black market while Plasma members are fighting each other. + First students arrive at the Academy.
Year 115: The first graduates showed their skills to the world.
Year 116 – 118: The system changed in every region and Pokémon Academy was copied.
Year 120: This is where our story starts.

Licensed Trainer System

The LT-system is based on professor Redwood’s paper to change the old system were 12-year olds started a journey. Now they can just go to Pre-Academy (non-mandatory) for three years. However in the year future trainers turn 15 and they still want to go on a journey, they have to follow a 3 year training program at the Academy. They learn everything about Pokémon, sportsmanship and economics. When a student graduates, he or she receives a unique Pokédex that contains the trainer license. It gives trainers the right to challenge gym leaders, participate in tournaments, contests and all other battle-related things involved Pokémon. Trainers will also receive free treatment in Pokécenters.

With the system change, the gyms changed as well. Leaders have to meet certain quota to qualify as a gym leader. Right now there are 12 different gyms located through the entire region, under the supervision of the Leagues President (previous champion). Trainers have to beat 8 of them to earn the right to compete in the Ymora League.

It works similar for coordinators. The amount of contest increased to 10 and they have to win at least 5 of them to enter the Grand Festival.

And last but not least: Breeders that graduate receive an extra Breeding License. This shows their capability and helps them to start their own Breeding Facility or work in one.

But what really made this system unique was a Pokémon Danger List. Professor Redwood included certain Pokémon that shouldn’t be trained by rookie trainers. These Pokémon include species that have a rather violent nature, pseudo-legendries and Dragons. Especially combined they’re shown to go berserk if not handled correctly.

Academy

Head: Professor Craig Redwood

Assistants: Rebecca and Brendan. They help the professor with his studies and are usually the ones to show up when he needs something. They also pass on the paperwork in his name. See

Board: A group of 11 people that keep a close eye on the Academy. Professor Redwood has to get their approval if he wants to make changes. They are also the ones that might to try and change something but everything is decided by majority rule. Current head of the board: Carolina Welsh.

Programs: Trainer program, Coordinator program and Breeder program. All three are playable.
Trainer program: Everything a trainer needs to know. It varies from types to items to a Pokémon’s health. Students following this program usually aim to become a well-known trainer. They are the ones going around challenging gyms in the hope to beat the League. Some of them aim to become a gym leader, E4 member or even a Champion. Its very battle orientated.

Coordinator program: They learn the same basics as a trainer, but the battle portion is slightly less. They also have the opportunity to perform in the Contest Hall; therefore they have classes orientated on how to make a Pokémon truly shine. This includes moves and accessories.

Breeder program: This program is the least battle orientated. It’s very different from the other two as a Breeder usually decides on a certain type. Of course they learn about every type as well as how to recognize different eggs, egg moves (works different) and how to make sure they hatch properly. It’s a unique course that’s offered in Ymora. Breeders use their knowledge to their advantage in battle and aren't to be underestimated.

Or as professor Redwood likes to say: "A true Pokémon Master has the heart of a trainer, the eye of a coordinator and the knowledge of a breeder."

Teachers / Staff

- Devin ‘Drake’ Cadmus. Classes: Dragon Types and Pokémon Habitats
- Phoebe Arlyn. Classes: Water Types and Items & Berries
- Tyron Silva. Classes: P.E., handyman, supervisor male dorms.

- Others are minor characters. (Assistants / Secretary / …)

Students

-PC’s

-NPC’s

Academy ground and buildings

The Academy Grounds are massive, including the forest. The borders are drawn by a stone wall of 8 feet in height and 2 feet thick. (2.5m by 1m)

The grounds mainly consist of large grassy fields with trees and some flower patches. In the summer students like to hang out at the various wooden tables that can be found. There are also 20 battle fields spread throughout the grounds. All of them are found either in pairs or in groups of 3. The northern border is made of caves based on the bottom of Boulder Hills.

Main building: When you enter the terrain, you’ll immediately see a massive building made out of white stone. It contains 7 floors; including the entry hall, a large gym at the back, a cafeteria on the 1st floor and a healing center on the 4th floor. The Academy’s Pokémon are also kept in the Professor’s Lab which contains the entire 7th floor.

Contest Hall: Students following the Coordinator Program use this all the time. It’s made out of the some stone as the main building. It has a big stage and some really crafty equipment to change the background and even the stage. Students can perform for an audience of over 300 people. Professor Redwood also uses it to hold the graduation ceremony and to welcome new students at the beginning of the year.

Arena: It is built with the idea of hosting the tournaments finals in here. Students have the opportunity to show the entire school what they got and aim to battle here. There is room for 500 spectators.

Training Facility: It’s the newest building and the pride and joy of the academy. It contains the newest equipment for improving a Pokémon’s individual skills. You can compare it to EV training or the Battle Club that was shown in the Black and White Series. If you look at it from above, it resembles a turtle.

Dormitories: Since the academy is internationally famous and students from all the different regions come here, there are large dormitories available. Students usually share a room with one other person from the same year and program. The boys’ dormitory is located next to the forest, while the girls dormitory is in the south-east corner of the grounds.

Academy Forest

The forest is located at the base of Boulder Hills and is a part of the much bigger Southern Forest.

Natural rock formations form the borders in both east and west while a fence keeps it separated from the Academy in the south. Students can’t leave the forest and that’s one of the reasons of the Academy’s location. A lot of Pokémon types are found here with the most common ones being Bug, Flying, Grass, Normal and Poison types. Other types can be found due to the small human alterations. There are also 4 incredibly powerful Pokémon living here, but only 3 of them occasionally leave the forest.

In the east there’s a bit of a sandy area where Ground types and others species you’ll find in a Desert environment are common. It’s also the main place to find Fire types, but some of them roam around free through the woods. In the rocky areas, which make up the northern border of the forest, you’ll find Rock, Ground and Steel types along those species that like to live in mountains. The caves are only partial open to students since it’s a real maze in there and it can be a bit dangerous.

Almost in the middle of the forest, located at the mountainside, you’ll find a natural lake. It’s rather big but most part lays hidden in a cave in the mountain. A lot of Water Pokémon can be found here, but if you want to enter the cave you’ll have to take a swim or go around and take a path in the mountains. There are also 4 human made streams that run through the entire forest in different directions that are connected to the lake. It’s easy to find different types of Pokémon along the streams.

In the western part there’s a cold cave, again altered by humans, where Ice types are found. They usually stay in the cave where snow machines keep a consistent amount of snow and when temperature threatens to rise, it blows cold winds. It doesn’t activate too much since the Ice types can keep it pretty damn cold themselves. This cave can be easily entered but be sure to dress warm.

At night Ghost and Dark types become more active and are found through the entire woods, but it’s strongly advised not to go at night for certain reasons mentioned below.

Even though the forest contains many different Pokémon and types, some are harder to find. Unless they have a common second typing, students have to look harder if they want to catch a Fighting, Psychic or Electric type.
Dragon and Fairy types are super rare. There aren’t many Fairy types to begin with and most don’t live in a forest, unless they have a common secondary typing. Others may not be found in the forest. Same goes for Dragons; there aren’t many Dragons around and most live in secluded areas. Over the years they have a rather ‘hard to tame reputation’ so only three Dragon evolution lines can be found: Flygon, Altaria and Noivern.

4 OP uncatchable Pokémon

With all those Pokémon and students wanting to catch them, there are 4 Pokémon keeping the balance and peace in the forest. They are often referred to as the 4 guardians.

Steelix: Often referred to as King of the Hill or King of the Mountain by students. He’s the oldest, biggest (even for a Steelix) and strongest Pokémon around. He lives in the mountains and is rarely seen by students. He can basically be anywhere in the entire mountain range He's not very friendly do to things happening in the past, but he intends to ignore students. The only humans he respects are Devin and Professor Redwood If a student threatens a Pokémon or nature, Steelix will throw them out of the mountain and attack when he sees them again.

Lapras: She’s the only female of the 4 guardians. She can be found at the lake, but usually resides in the part that’s covered by a cave. She’s friendly and has no problems with students as long as they are respectful. Out of all the 4 guardians she’s the easiest to spot since she rarely leaves the lake. Despite her friendly appearance she’s strong and shouldn’t be messed around with. Out of all the humans to visit her, Phoebe is the one she’s close to. Lapras is the only one that has no interest in leaving the forest.

Sawsbuck: Also known as the Forest Prince. He shares the same past as Steelix, but isn’t that old. He has the habit of glaring at students that pass by. If he thinks they disrespect Pokémon or the forest, he will attack and drive them out of the forest. He lives in a herd more and can mostly be found in the eastern part, but will protect the entire forest. Just like Steelix he only has respect for Devin and Professor Redwood. He’s also the reason why catching a Deerling is one of the toughest challenges for students. Sawsbuck leaves the forest from time to time to keep an eye out in the much bigger part of the forest.

Trevenant: An upcoming rookie who likes to challenge Sawsbuck authority. He’s more active at night and tends to wander around the western parts. He also likes to show whose boss by grabbing students by the ankles and hang them into trees. He’s the reason why students are advised to avoid the forest at night. Despite being a ghost type and being active at night, he’s easily to spot since he’s the only white Trevenant around. He’s also the only one to enter Academy grounds (hence why the fence was installed) and becomes active during the day when Sawsbuck isn’t around.

Available Pokémon / Evolutions / Moves / Battle Strength / Items & Training

Available Pokémon: Since the Ymora region is famous for its breeders all Pokémon from gen 1 up to 6 can be found. Most are available for a starting trainer with a few exceptions:
- Most Dragon types are considered too difficult to handle at first, so they aren’t available. PC’s have the opportunity to catch one a bit further into the storyline. Flygon, Altaria, Noivern and Kingdra are available early on. (At least their evo line)
- Pseudo-legendries aren’t allowed as a starter. Most have a pretty violent nature and are considered dangerous and should be handled with care. The only exceptions are Metagross and Goodra. Dragonite balances on the edge of being considered dangerous. Yet again, most are available a bit further down the story.
- Fossils are also rare but obtainable, with the exception of Tyrantrum. They are available early on in the story and can be found in the Academy’s forest.
- Legendary Pokémon are not obtainable. They are super rare and barely show themselves.
- Only 1 mega for each PC. Stones won’t be obtainable until far into the story.

Evolutions: Professor Rowan had a break through with his studies. He discovered that certain Pokémon need the outside influence of an item (you all know the list), extra energy that’s released when another Pokémon evolves (Pokémon you need to trade but don’t need items), or the influence of another species (Shelmet and Karrablast). Professor Rowan managed to build a prototype machine that will meet every expectation listed. Aside the one he has in his lab, he donated one to the Academy for usage. This means you don’t need to find someone else for an evolution trade. All you need to do when a Pokémon is ready, usually 10 levels after he last evolved, is to bring the required item, if any, and go to professor Redwood.

Evolutions based on happiness still work the same. If you choose a starter that evolves this way, its happiness is already high but the body can’t keep up. Usually it happens around level 20-25. (Or not if you want to keep Eevee or something around)

Pokémon moves: They also work a bit different. I’ve split them up in amount of attacks, HM’s & TM’s and egg moves.
- Recent study results showed that a Pokémon reaches his true potential when he only knows 4 attacks and 2 support moves, making a total of 6. The support moves are things as Swords Dance or Spikes, but you can be original about it. Rapid Spin, if not used as an attack, can count as a protective move (like Gary did in the anime). Aside from spinning hazards away it will deflect attacks (watch out in doubles) and reduce the damage. Other moves can count as well but be creative with it and keep in mind they don’t damage your opponent.
- Egg moves are a bit special. Since Ymora is famous for its breeders, it only makes sense to allow egg moves. However, a Pokémon still needs to grow. So a Chimchar with Mach Punch, Close Combat, Flare Blitz and Thunder Punch isn’t allowed. Every Pokémon can know 2 egg moves at the start if they are stab with max base power 75 and accuracy 100. If the accuracy is 90% or less, the power can be increased to 85. So a Chimchar with Blaze Kick and Double Kick would be allowed. No coverage moves yet, since they will be obtainable through rigorous training. Support moves are allowed.
- HM & TM don’t exist. You can’t go around shoving discs in Pokémon. Pokémon will learn these attacks (if they are able to) through special training or level up.

Leveling system: This is also split in 2 sections.
- Moves learned by level up: I don’t care about the levels that are used in game. As long as a Pokémon can learn it by level up, feel free to use it. I just want to see some growth as it isn’t all that fun to start with a perfect move set. Coverage moves, other egg moves and HM’s & TM’s are learned in the Training Facility.
- Actual level system: This works just like in game. The higher your level, the more effort you need to put in. In the beginning it will go rather fast, so I’ll keep this updated. But at the start it’s 2 battles and 1 training session as soon as your Pokémon hits level fifteen. (Or 2 intense training sessions and one high level battle)

Battle Strength: Basically every Pokémon has its own strength and weaknesses. You can turn an Aggron in a tank which is capable of taking hits while having a Greninja that’s superfast and can dish out while being somewhat frail. But like in the anime; sometimes there are OP Pokémon. It depends on the trainer and how you do things, but keep this in mind: Cynthia sweeping Paul 6-0? It will happen. All in 1 hit if you go around challenging Devin or any other teacher if you aren’t careful. Or remember Flint’s Infernape being able to take hits by using his arms as a shield? It will happen. It’s not as effective on the strongest Pokémon, but some characters are on a completely different level so you can’t fight them head on. There are ways to beat them if you can figure it out. And don’t worry; you’ll reach that level someday.

Battle tactics and items: In battles items and berries aren’t allowed. Aside from that you’re pretty much free to build your team and use whatever tactic you like. There are trainers that use weather to their advantaged and some other things you can find competitive. Since every Pokémon can learn 2 support moves the possibilities are endless. Weather works the same as in competitive and monotype teams are common in Ymora, so learn to deal with your weaknesses. You’ll also have opportunities for double battles and team battles. So go nuts with finding your own style!

Items & Training: Still wondering how you’re going to take those strong characters on? Well, by doing the right training of course! Ymora Academy has a training building where you can more or less EV train (EV’s and IV’s don’t exist though). Here you can focus on what your Pokémon needs or its strengths. Different machines are there to help you, just like an entire bunch of items. Besides being able to train a Pokémon stat, here’s the place to try and learn certain moves; especially those that cover your weaknesses. Some training methods are still unorthodox but training methods are still developing every day.

About those items: these are mainly the ones used in competitive battling. They help with increasing stats.
- Choice Band: strengthens a Pokémon’s muscles by sending pulses to hit harder.
- Choice Scarf: you can alter the Scarf’s weight and let your Pokémon run around with it. After a while, its base speed will increase when you remove the Scarf.
- Choice Specs: sends pulses to the inner organs to gather more strength to use special attacks.
- Leftovers are to train stamina.
- Life Orb is for doing a lot of damage while having low stamina.
These are just a few examples to give the general idea. Every item does, more or less, the same thing as in competitive. You can also use them while using a certain move to get used to it.

Ymora League

After the results of the first Academy’s graduates, the Ymora League received a make-over. There’s a president (ex-champion) who keeps an eye on everything. Currently there are 12 gyms: Water, Fire, Ghost, Dark, Psychic, Fighting, Poison, Ground, Steel, Fairy, Flying and Bug. All leaders have to meet certain quota before they are given the position. Some are considered harder than others but a challenger only has to defeat 8 of them to compete in the League.

Ice and Rock don’t have a suitable gym location or leader yet. Grass, Electric, Dragon and Normal teams are used by the E4 so they don’t have a gym either.

Champion
The champion of the Ymora League is a strange one. He keeps his identity hidden and when he battles he keeps his face and hair hidden. He avoids interviews and other public appearances. Once in a while he shows up for a demonstration battle for charity, but all communication goes through Devin. There are only a few people who know his true identity.
The only thing known about him is that he’s male and somewhere between late twenties and early fifties.
Team: Over the past years the Champion used different Pokémon. His ace is a Mega Tyranitar.
Backstory: When the Ymora League switched to the Licensed Trainer System, the previous Champion organized a tournament to celebrate this event. The prize for winning was a place amongst the Elite Four as he planned to step down. There were many strong competitors, however one stood out. He covered his face with a scarf and hoody and he still battles that way. This man proved to be far stronger than the rest of the competition and was given the chance to join the Elite Four and battle them for the new top spot by using a playoff system. Many expected Drake to win, but in the end even he lost. The only words Drake spoke were ‘I should’ve known’ before bursting out into laughter.
Extra: His T-tar swept his opponent 6-0 in the tournament finals. This was before mega evolving was discovered.

Elite 4
E4 members don’t have a set team. They tend to switch around between 8-10 Pokémon. Each of them has a Mega. The current members are:
- Devin ‘Drake’ Cadmus. He’s the oldest and toughest member. He specializes in Dragon types.
- Normal type specialist.
- Electric type specialist.
- The latest addition to the E4. She’s the youngest member and a wildcard. She specializes in Grass types.

Rise of Greadia (RoG: pronounced as Rock)

It’s a secret organization that isn’t known yet. They are behind some events that happened in the past. They remain secretive for the most part. If students encounter them; it will be under some kind of false disguise.
Most members joined because they fell out of society. They aren’t happy with the new system or their families used to be victims of corrupt politicians. Some of them still suffer the consequences. Despite all having their own reasons, they agree on one thing: bringing back the old system.

Leader: Unknown. Only his 3 admins now his real identity and have seen his face. The rest of the organization call them ‘Boss’ or ‘Leader’.
Admins: There are 3 of them. They use full weather based teams and are too much for students to handle when fighting seriously. They also use codenames and very little people, even within the organization, know their real names. All 3 of them lead their own division.
Scientist: Known as Doc. He’s one of the three admins and second in command. He used to work for Professor Sycamore, but only Boss knows about this. He secretly copied everything Sycamore had on mega evolutions before resigning.
Divisions: Each division works separated from each other with each having their own specialties. They fall under the responsibility of an admin. Each division is divided in teams.
- Intel & Research: Includes communication with spies, gathering of mission reports, recruiting, experiments… Members fall under Doc’s guidance. PC’s can’t join this division.
- Exploration: This division supports from the shadows. They only carry out missions that might help with their goal or contains information towards it. The members are skilled in different ways as the missions mainly include locating ancient artifacts or other items. Besides having their own combat related teams, they have the most non-combatant members in the field.
- Combat: The name says it all. This division carries out mission over all the different regions. Missions can include: stealing, capturing Pokémon, infiltrations and supporting the other divisions. They have the most members and all of them are trained in combat.
Uniform: Unlike in the games and anime where they all wear the same uniform, these guys don’t have that. Instead they have an electronic badge containing their information. It’s also used to ‘greet’ a colleague when they meet each other for the first time. Each badge looks different by rank and they all have the same symbol of infinity (That 8 thing that’s lying down). Members usually disguise themselves based on their mission.
Ranks: Boss / Admin / Team Leader / Member. Only admins can make someone a team leader. It’s all based on performance during missions, battle strength, leadership and loyalty.

Playable characters:

- First year students! This mean you’ll be 15. (Or 14 if your PC’s birthday is after September 1st. Older 1st years need a reason) Keep in mind you can be from any region as Ymora Region’s Academy is pretty popular and has the best educational system. You can have one starter already at lvl 8 before Academy starts. And you can choose between the Programs.

- RoG member! Rise through the ranks of the secret organization by completing missions. Your only goal: bring back the old system.

Sign-up format Students:

Name:

Birthday: (only day and month)

Appearance:

Program: (Breeder / Trainer / Coordinator)

Starter: (lvl 8)

Hometown: (Can be from any region)

Background:

Sign-up format RoG-Members:

Name:

Appearance:

Starter:

Division: (Exploration or combat only)

Background: (Mention how RoG scouted you, you didn’t find them)

THIS RP IS CO-HOSTED BY JORY AND DOBBY

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maps

Ymora Region

post-41153-0-76298600-1417867144_thumb.png

Academy Grounds

post-41153-0-21084200-1417866739_thumb.png

Students

Kyle “Claude” Burlinski - Coordinator, PC of Dobby

Cottonee, Karrablast, Tyrunt

Ryan Johnson, Trainer - PC of Tacos

Spheal, Luxio, Bagon, Phanpy

Robert Parkhurst, Trainer - PC of TurboAura

Riolu, Elekid, Goomy, Noibat

Jacob Robertson, Trainer - PC of Jory

Trapinch, Lapras, Charmander, Togepi

James Nerfion, Trainer - PC of Azery

Duskull, Ferroseed, Litwick, Dratini

Danielle Chastain, Coordinator - PC of DarkLight

Murkrow, Larvesta, Mawile

Slade Kafkin,Trainer - PC of EXLink32

Growlithe, Magnemite, Gible, Frogadier

Kageharu Tsukihashi, Breeder - PC of Murdoc

Ralts, Beldum, Tyrunt, Axew

Mareek A. Sisto, Trainer - PC of Stratos

Scyther: Erce (F, lvl 25), Modest

Technician

Moves:

-X-Scissor

- Return

- Vacuum Wave

- Wing Attack

- Double Team

- Agility

Porygon2: Java (lvl 24), Quiet

Analytic

Moves:

- Psybeam

- Discharge

- Tri Attack

- Icy Wind

- Conversion2

- Lock-On

Cubone: Nemo (M, lvl 25), Lonely

Lightning Rod

Moves:

- Bone Rush

- Bonemerang

- Ancient Power

- Headbutt

- Detect

- Stealth Rock

Evan Reeves, Trainer - PC of Chimchain

Eevee, Cleffa, Vulpix

Shiro Advent, Coordinator - PC of Bfroger6 ((On a break))

Ralts, Snorunt, Druddigon

Henry "Glitch" Baldwin, Coordinator - PC of commander218

Skitty, Venonat, Drilbur, Togepi

Marius Sawyer, Coordinator - PC of Pineapple

Psyduck, Masquerain, Meditite

RoG Members

Galen A. Sisto - PC of Stratos

Electivire, Zoroark, Crobat

NPC's

Major Characters

Name: Professor Craig Redwood
Appearance: He’s 5’9” with slicked back black hair and brown eyes. He’s slender build and keeps up his shape by exercising and running. When he’s working he always wears a white lab coat.
Personality: He’s a true genius but doesn’t brag about it. He’s friendly, caring and helpful. He has a hard time refusing requests even if he has a busy schedule. He’s a quick thinker and resolved many problems in the blink of an eye only using his brains and friendly personality. People around him are quick to trust him.
Profession: He specializes on the behavior and mentality of both trainer and Pokémon. He works closely together with Samuel Oak as their specialty overlaps on certain parts. He’s famous for scientific articles he worked on with Oak and he’s the founder of the Licensed Trainer System. He has close contact with Professors Rowan and Sycamore in case he needs their opinion on evolution and how it relates to a Pokémon’s mental condition.
Pokémon Type: He uses all types of Pokémon. Most of the time he uses them in battle to research something or to demonstrate to students, but don’t underestimate his skills.
Backstory: He started his journey like any other kid back in the day. He was pretty good at battling, above average skills, but was more interested in Pokémon’s behavior and their thoughts. He traveled through many different regions, exploring new Pokémon and learning from the best Professors. They were all impressed by his brain and years later he’s still on good terms with all of them. He implemented the Licensed Trainer System.
Extra: He passes all the paperwork onto his secretary and other staff while he’s busy with his own studies, thus making him head of the Academy only in name.

Name: Devin ‘Drake’ Cadmus.
Appearance: A tall man (6’2”) with short red hear and small beard and grey eyes. He has a strong jawline. His arms and chest are muscular which gives him an intimidating look. He wears grey pants along with a white shirt.
Personality: Devin is a strict trainer without going overboard. He likes to let his Pokémon roam around free because he trusts them. Aside from that he’s calm, friendly and doesn’t hesitate to help people. He’s overall well-liked by people and his Pokémon. He won’t stand for mistreating your Pokémon.
Profession: Teacher and E4 Member.
Pokémon Type: Dragon
E4 Team: He as every dragon type (apart from the legendries) and has been seen using all of them. Mega Charizard and Mega Ampharos are not included.
Backstory: The oldest and most powerful member of the Elite Four. Devin doesn’t like the spotlight and to be referred to as ‘E4 Drake’. When the Academy was build, he didn’t hesitate to take up a position as teacher. He’s good friends with Professor Redwood.
Extra: He owns a mansion which he entirely built out of wood, despite earning enough money from past tournaments he won. Instead he spent all of it on a big garden which he decorated so his Dragons feel at home.

Name: Phoebe Arlyn
Appearance: Light blond hair that reaches her neck and brown eyes. She’s 5’4” making her the youngest and shortest teacher. She usually wears a blue shirt and ripped jeans.
Personality: Outgoing and wild. She tries her best to put her students first and act like a teacher, but fails from time to time. She loves teasing males, (mainly Devin), and has a sense of humor. Students often refer to her as Phoebe as if she’s one of them.
Profession: Teacher and her free time she helps out in a Water Type Breeding Facility back home.
Pokémon Type: Water
Backstory: Phoebe is the youngest of three siblings. Her parents are well known for breeding water Pokémon so she grew up with them. Her older sister (older sibling as well) is the current water Gym Leader.
She won the Ymora League twice. The first time she won it on her first attempt at a young age. After that she traveled some other regions, mainly to discover more about water types, but she didn’t compete in any other League. She came back a few years ago when the LT-System was implemented. Even though the competitors were of much higher skill, she dominated the league and won. She went on and challenged Devin, but lost 3-0. Many people thought she would take over the gym, but two years ago she took a job as teacher.
Extra: Rumor has it her skills are on par with the Elite Four.
Her brother (second child) is a bit of a rebel and is the only one in the family that trains electric types. He’s currently traveling through Sinnoh.

Name: Tyron Silva
Appearance: Spiky brown hair. He’s 5’7” and as a bit of an athletic look. He’s always wearing something sportive and sweaty.
Personality: Tyron is very loud. When he teaches; he yells and laughs. When he’s doing chores; he’s either playing loud music or whistling. He’s always busy and likes to makes his students sweat. He takes his job as head of the male dorms serious and believes he’s responsible for them.
Profession: P.E. teacher. He’s also the handyman and has a room in the male dormitory. If one of his chores takes too long, he spends the night there. He’s also the head of the male dorms.
Pokémon Type: Mainly fighting types with some steel ones that are extra weak to fighting; including Aggron and Bisharp. His ace is a Mienshao that’s always out of its Pokéball. As long as it’s bipedal and can dish out, he likes it.
Backstory: Born and raised in Hoenn. His father, Sherman, owned a building company and came in contact with Redwood through Professor Birch. Redwood was looking for a company to build the Academy, while Sherman was looking for an opportunity to expend to the Ymora Region. After visiting and spending a holiday in Ymora, Tyron’s family decided to stay. After traveling for a while, Tyron came back when his father fell ill. Unfortunately the man died and to honor him Tyron asked for a job in the Academy his father built. That was 4 years ago, one year after the results of the first generation LT-system graduates.
Extra: He truly believes his Mienshao will one day mega evolve.

Minor Characters

Students

Name: Alvin Beetle
Birthday: January 26
Appearance: Messy brown hair, brown eyes, 5’3” and sloppy clothes. Usually some part of his clothes is muddy or dirty.
Personality: Alvin is a loner. He won’t open up easily to anyone and he’s a bit socially awkward, but doesn’t care about it. He prefers the company of bug types over others. He’s rather smart and won’t let an opportunity slip by to praise his Pokémon. Once he gets started about his favorite type, there’s no stopping him.
Program: Trainer
Team: Bug types. His ace is a Combee. (Combee (Queen), Dwebble (Shelly), Heracross (Hera))
Backstory: A local. Alvin always played by himself in the woods studying Bug types. He was fascinated by them and ignored other kids. This resulted in him growing up without any real friends and not much being known about him.
Extra: He tried to combine Trainer and Breeder Program. When it wasn’t allowed he ultimately decided to become a trainer first.

Name: Lana Everhart
Birthday: May 17
Appearance: Long brown hair, blue eyes. She has a normal build and is 5’3”.
Personality: Shy at first until she gets used to a person. She’s caring, gentle and a bit of a dreamer. Her Pokémon mean everything to her.
Program: Breeder
Team: Ground types. Her starter is a Rhyhorn. (Rhyhorn (Rhy), Nidoran (F, Queen))
Backstory: Lana grew up at her parents Breeding Facility which specialized in Ground types. She used to play a lot with the newly hatched Pokémon. Over the years she got to know other types too, but the love for ground types never went away.
Extra: One day she wants to take over her parents Breeding Facility.

Staff

Name: Brendan Wood
Appearance: Skinny build, average height, brown hair and grey hair. He always wears his lab coat. He also wears glasses.
Personality: Friendly, helpful, focused. It’s hard to get his attention once he found something to study.
Profession: Assistant professor
Team: All kinds of Pokémon. He uses mainly Beheeyem.

Name: Rebecca Pine
Appearance: Slender, rather short, blond hair and green eyes. Like Brendan, she always wears a lab coat.
Personality: Shy towards elder people but great with students. On trips she makes sure safety comes first. She’s scared of bug types.
Profession: Assistant professor
Team: All kinds of Pokémon except Bugs. She usually uses her Azumarill.

Name: Nathalie Blake
Appearance: Brown hair kept in a ponytail, grey eyes and glasses. Normal build, 5’7”.
Personality: Friendly, helpful but seems a bit stressed. She’s rather harsh on Redwood telling him not to avoid his responsibilities, but in the end she does the paperwork anyway.
Profession: Redwood’s secretary.
Extra: She basically keeps the Academy running.

Name: Carolina Welsh
Appearance: Tall and slender. Black hair tied in a knot, cold grey eyes behind glasses. She always looks professional.
Personality: An ice queen. Everything is business for her and she has a talent for it. She speaks her mind without sugarcoating it, no matter if it’s offensive or might hurt the other person. Carolina opposes Redwood in the open; especially when it comes to expensive trips.
Profession: Head of the board / CEO of her own company
Extra: People think she wants Redwoods spot as Principal since it would be a great marketing strategy. Her company manufactures Pokémon food and Pokéballs.

Name: Jeremy Brand
Appearance: Long blond hair that reaches his shoulders, grey eyes, 5’6”. His clothes depend on the occasion. When on business he wears a suit and carries a briefcase, other times he wears something casual.
Personality: Jeremy likes to joke around and prefers small talk over business. He’s easy to talk to and listens to everyone’s opinion. While he doesn’t seem like the serious business type, Carolina Welsh is wary of him since he supports Redwood and his company beats hers. He keeps business and pleasure separated.
Profession: Member of the board / CEO of his own company
Extra: His Company manufactures training and breeding equipment. They also installed the Academy’s Training Facility. Jeremy is currently trying to convince professor Rowan to mass produce his evolution machine. He also wants to create a Pokémon Competition for professionals. He’s an old friend and rival of Redwood back when they were traveling around.

Rise of Greadia

Name: Daniel Connor (Only known by the boss)
Codename: Doc
Appearance: A chubby man with brown hair and ditto moustache. Cold grey eyes, 6”1’
Personality: A cruel and calculating man. He’s harsh on his subordinates and punishes them severely when they fail.
Profession: Scientist
Pokémon Team: Doc uses a sand team. Every Pokémon that benefits from a sandstorm can be potentially in his team. He prefers ground, rock and steel types.
Backstory: He used to work in professor Sycamore’s lab. He used his real name so that’s why he never uses it, not even in RoG. He pretended to be an assistant and copied everything Sycamore had on mega evolution. He then left using the excuse he wanted to spent more time with his non-existing sick wife.
Extra: Sycamore still doesn’t know his work got copied.

Name: Neil Philips
Codename: Solar
Appearance: 5’8” and muscular. He has short blond hair and blue eyes.
Personality: A true soldier. He never let his emotions get the better of him. He’s straightforward, cunning and smart.
Pokémon Team: Sun team; everything that benefits from the sun. Fire and grass types are the most common with occasionally some others. His team takes the most risk out of all the admins.
Backstory: Born and raised in a military family. His grandfather used to be a general, but when the Kingdoms changed into Regions, the military wasn’t really necessary anymore. Or that was what his father said when he pushed Neil into joining the police and follow in his footprints. Neil refused and joined the small and barely used military anyway. He found out about RoG when investigating Team Rocket.
Extra: He used to be really close with Surge.

Name: Verna Glover
Codename: Mist
Appearance: 5’5” and normal build with long brown hair and brown eyes.
Personality: She likes to keep everything under control during missions. She won’t miss a detail and demands professionalism from her members.
Pokémon Team: She uses a rain based team. Water, Electric and Bugs are the most common types.
Backstory: Her father was a politician in Hoenn that got framed by a corrupt opponent. Verna watched her dad’s reputation being dragged through the mud and had to deal with bullies and people whispering behind her back. Verna watched him drink every day while the bills and debts grew larger. A year later her father committed suicide leaving her to deal with the debt collectors. Before everything of value was taken away from her, she sold it and bought a ticket to Ymora. A year later she was picked up from the streets and quickly rose through the ranks.
Extra: She can’t stand Doc.

Name: Caleb ‘Teach’ Hughes
Rank: Team Leader in the Combat Division. He trains the new recruits.
Appearance: Bald (he keeps it that way) and blue eyes. Muscular build, 5’9”.
Personality: Strict when training recruits, sense of humor, trusts his squad and fellow RoG members. He prioritizes his men’s safety above the mission.
Pokémon Team: During missions he found out Flying and Electric types suit him best. He has a Magnezone.
Backstory: Caleb is an old member of Team Plasma. He left the organization before they became known, due to losing faith in their methods. He disappeared for a while, traveling around regions, and popped up back in Ymora. He still believed the world had to be changed and was recruited by RoG.
Extra: Caleb is the only member who was recruited by Doc personally.

• Support Squad

Name: Kyle "Claude" Burlinski

Birthday:1st of may

Program: Coordinator

Starter: Cottonee (lvl8) Doux

Hometown: Lumiose City

Background: Kyle grew up in the famed Lumiose city, a place brimming with culture and innovation and free expression. This upbringing led him to be a very flamboyant and extravagant person who insisted on everyone calling him Claude. This flair for showcasing his thoughts drew an interest in contests as he took notice of the contests in Sinnoh and Hoenn. He once went to hearthome city to try his hand at contests with his trusty Cottonee, Doux , and promptly failed. After failing, He took it Very hard, he decided to make sure he knew what he was doing and signed up to rain as a coordinator at the pokemon Academy.

It should probably be mentioned that he's gay and as horny as any 15 year old bloke would be.

Appearence: He's still a growing lad (So he hopes) and so is stuck at a diminutive 5"2. He's somewhat chubby, with blonde hair and ruddy red cheeks and tufts of blonde hair. Imagine a cherub if you can. His nose is somewhat crooked though, due to him pissing someone off and getting it broken.

Team Reference

Doux the Cottonee
Lvl 24
Ability: Prankster
Moves:
Mega Drain
Fairy wind
Growth
Leech seed
Stun spore
Razor Leaf
Lancelot the Escavalier
lvl25
Ability
Overcoat
Moves:
Peck
Leer
Iron Defense
Fury attack
Bug Bite
Twin needle
Colere
lvl 24
Moves:
Rock Polish
Rock Tomb
Stomp
Stealth Rock
Bite
Charm

Arcturus the Staryu

Level 18

Ability: Illuminate

-Reflect Type

-Recover

-Psywave

-Rapid Spin

-Bubblebeam

-Water gun

Name: Ryan Johnson

Birthday: January 27

Starter: Spheal

Hometown: Mossdeep City

Background: Ryan was adopted into a family of two gay dads. Also adopted was his older, biological sister, Lexis. Before he was even 1, they had decided to move to MossDeep city since one of his fathers had received a new job in Shoal Cave. Ryan was always a talkative and joking guy, constantly cracking hilarious or stupid puns and laying on the sass when he had to. On his 10th birthday, he was overjoyed to hear that he was to receive a present unlike any he had seen before. After finishing his birthday cake, he heard a scream and the lights went dark. A sudden chill ran down his spine as he began to scream for his family. The lights turned back on. He gazed around the house as he saw that it had turned into your stereotypical Winter Wonderland. Sitting in the biggest pillar of snow, was a Spheal. Laying down in a rather uncomfortable position was one of Ryan's fathers looking rather betrayed. With a quiet breath, he said, " Happy Birthday son." Ryan quickly ran into the snow and dove next to Spheal. He picked him and and spun him around, overjoyed to have his own pokemon. He named him Glacien. Over the years, Ryan and Glacien became incredibly close. On his 15th birthday, his parents told him he was accepted into Ymora Region's Pokemon Academy. He was overjoyed to be able to go and show off his bond with Glacien to trainer, breeders, and coordinators from all over the world. Sitting with Glacien, he took the ferry ride to Slateport before boarding his next ride to Ymora.

And because I'm too lazy to describe the appearance, have this

06aa825dba.png

Team Reference

Glacien (Spheal)

Lvl: 23

Moves: Brine, Water Pulse, Aurora Beam Body Slam

Support: Aqua Ring, Stockpile

Ability: Ice Body

Feroces (Luxio)

Lvl: 25

Moves: Fire Fang, Bite, Wild Charge, Ice Fang

Support: Charge, Howl

Ability: Intimidate

Victoria (Bagon) {Shiny}

Lvl: 17

Moves: Dragon Breath, Fire Fang, Bite, Headbutt

Support: Dragon Dance, Leer

Ability: Sheer Force

Delilah (Donphan)

Moves: Bulldoze, Ice Shard, Knock Off, Rock Slide

Support: Defense Curl, Endure

Ability: Sturdy

Chloe (Roselia)

Moves: Giga Drain, Extrasensory, Venoshock, Magical Leaf

Support: Leech Seed, Stun Spore

Ability: Poison Point

Robert Parkhurst

Birthday:August 21

Program:Trainer

Starter:Riolu(Lv. 8)

Hometown: Dewford Town

Background: Hello, my name is... well that's already above here. While I am very mature, I do have my 'geeky' tendancies. I was fortunate enough to not only be raised in such a tropical place like like Dewford, but to be able to bond with the gym leader Brawly. Now, because of certain reckless trainers, I had to wait so many more years to go on my journey, especially since it already takes longer when you aren't picked by a professor. Even though I couldn't go on a journey just yet, Brawly gave me an amazing gift a couple years back. A Riolu he got when he had visit another Fellow Fighting leader, believe her name was Maylene, and got him as a present for me. Though we weren't able to do as much battle-training as others, we were able to get some different training methods like Meditation. Then, I found out that I had been accepted by Ymora Academy, where many of the best come from. I packed up the very-basic necessities, said my goodbye's to my family and Brawly, and set off to Ymora for mine and Riolu's future.

Appearance:

o6weif.jpg

Current Team Reference:

Lucario 'Kiai' Lv.24 Ability:Inner Focus (M)

-Force Palm

-Vacuum Wave

-Quick Attack

-Metal Claw

-Foresight

-CopyCat

~Focused, 'buddy'

Elekid 'Voltage' Lv. 22 Ability: Static (M)

-Swift

-Shock Wave

-Quick Attack

-Low Kick

-Leer

-Thunder Wave

*Shining Stars: Swift + Shock Wave

~Ready for a fight, determined, prideful

Noibat 'Jetstream' Lv.23 Ability: Infiltrator. (M)

-Gust

-Wing Attack

-Bite

-Air Cutter

-Supersonic

-Agility

~Gutsy, prideful

Goomy 'Nikki' Lv.20 Ability: Gooey (F)

-Tackle

-Bubble

-Absorb

-Dragon Breath

-Protect

-

~'Overly Friendly,' big eater

*=Combo Moves

Edited by TurboAura

Wow Chim. I really didn't think of getting in another RP, but this is looking amazing! Also I'm laking in the Pokémon department, so here it goes.

Student Sign-Up

Name: Colin Wave
Birthday: February 2
Starter: Mudkip
Hometown: Sootopolis
Background: (Text wall incoming!)

Colin grew up by the sea in Sootopolis City, Hoenn. His mother was a trainer in the local Gym, and his father made a living of hunting pearls and other underwater treasures in the deep trenches around the island. Both would frequently bring him along to their respective jobs, and that made him love the sea and Pokémon. That, combined to the fact of living in the same city as Wallace and Juan and conviving daily with both, made that since a young age he dreamed of becoming an expert Water Pokémon trainer. He is going to Ymora exactly for reaching that goal, and learning all he can about pro-battling in the Academy.

Colin is a bit stubborn and hot-headed when it comes to reaching his goals. He also tends to think that he's better than others, since he already knows a bit about Pokémon battles from the Sootopolis Gym, and that gets him into trouble from time to time. He tries to act cool about being away from home for the first time, but the truth is that he misses his family a lot.
His Mudkip was a gift from his mother when he was 2 and he goes everywhere with it since then, treasuring it more than anything.

Appearance:

33etzy0.jpg

*Made with the Pokémon Trainer Creator

Omfg I was multi tasking and forgot to include 'appearance' in the sign up format. All of those above this post that haven't included it: please edit it in or use the trainer creator Murdoc posted: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9960

Note to myself: don't multitask ever again.

Oh and you're all accepted. I'll edit everyone in the second post later.

Edited by Chimchain

Sign-up format Students:

Name: Jacob Robertson

Birthday: March 14

Height: 5'6"

Starter: Teotlatl, called Teo (Trapinch, lvl 8)

Hometown: Accumula Town

Background:

Born and raised in Accumula Town, Jacob grew up with a hearty appreciation for the close proximity of Castelia City. His parents were both businesspeople who, while they did have Pokemon, decided that ultimately they wanted to lead lives that didn't require them to heavily train their Pokemon. However, Jacob was always a bit different from the people who raised them; he fell far from the tree, as it were. From an early age he expressed a keen interest in Pokemon and battling them, going so far as to ask his parents for a Pokemon on his fifth birthday. They told him he would need to wait until he was old enough to enter the Ymora Academy and encouraged him to keep his grades up in regular school in order to hedge his chances of getting into the prestigious battling academy. Thus, he was delighted when he received a Trapinch egg for his eleventh birthday.

Jacob is a rather intelligent young man, but is easily discouraged when he encounters serious obstacles. He can be a bit condescending due to his intelligence, but always means well and would not do anything to harm others. Conversely, when people threaten those he cares about, he can become fiercely protective. He is warm toward those who express the same to him and is very welcoming in terms of social interaction. His biggest flaw lies in the fact that when he encounters self-doubt, he loses his motivation..

CURRENT ROSTER:

Teotlatl (Trapinch, M)- Level 25

Chalchi (Lapras, F)- Level 24

Spitfyre (Charmeleon, M)- Level 25

Arete (Togetic, F)- Level 23

Princess (Seviper, F)- Level 20

PkmnTrainer_000_zps50fe5647.png

Edited by Jory

• Veterans

James Nerfion

Height: 5'7"

Birthdate:17th of March

Starter:Duskull

Hometown:Lavender

Backstory:As a child,James grew up on stories of how Agatha from The Elite 4 originated from Lavender and how he should aspire to be like her.He met Agatha at the age of 5 and was given a Duskull's egg by her,He named it Shade and went everywhere with it. Hoewever at the age of 11 his mother died and he was Adopted by his uncle. He is also a Closet Bisexual.

http://prntscr.com/70ng7g

Current Team Reference

355.gif
Duskull : Shade
Level 25
Moves

Ability:Levitate
Will-O-Wisp
Ominous Wind

Shadow Sneak

Payback

Icy Wind
Confuse Ray

147.gif

Dratini:Liona

Level 25

Ability:Marvel Scale

Moves

Haze

Thunder Wave

Dragon Rage

Shock Wave

Incinerate

Water Pulse

597.gif

Ferroseed:Tytaniell

Level 24

Ability:Iron Barbs

Moves

Leech Seed

Thunder Wave

Seed Bomb

Gyro Ball

Pin missile

Payback

607.gif

Litwick:Lumiere

Level 18

Ability:Flame Body

Moves

Will-O-Wisp

Hex

Flame Burst

Minimize

Fire Spin

Smog

129.gif

Magikarp:Leviathan

Level 18

Ability:Swift Swim

Offensive Moves:

Bounce

Tackle

Flail

Support/Defensive Moves

Splash

Planned Team Members

Spr_5b_477.pngShade the Old Guardian

Spr_5b_598.pngTytaniel the Looming Foretress

Spr_5b_609.pngLumiere the Lurking Flare

Spr_4d_149.pngLiona the Queen

Spr_4h_130_m.pngLeviathan the Destroyer

aegislash2-1.gifDamocles the Guide

Spr_4p_445_m_s.pngGavner the Merciless

Spr_5b_359.pngVale of Darkness

Spr_5b_479_s.pngGarun the Disturbance

Spr_4h_094_s.pngChesiare the Shadow

"Always watching but not always there..or so you think"

Kenny Holmes

Birthday: July 16

Apprearance:

Starter: Riolu (Shiny) "Ryu"

Hometown: Floccesy Town

Background:

Hi, my name's- actually, never mind about that, as it's already been stated. I might be somewhat playful, but I'm quite hardworking. I was lucky enough to be born in a Town close to Floccesy Ranch, so I've been near quite a few Pokemon. From a young age, I've always had a closer friendship with a Riolu on the Ranch, which is where I was most of the time when my Parents were at work. I met him for the first time when I was roughly Four, and both of us have been close friends since the day we met. I called him "Ryu" when we first met. When I was about ten, my Parents decided that we were going to move to a new Region, and I asked them if I could bring along a friend of mine. Since i hadn't told them about Ryu, they were a little surprised at first, but decided to see who my friend was. I then led them to the Ranch, and called for Ryu. When he came out of the Tall Grass, he surprised them a little, but they agreed once they saw how close our bond was. My Parents told Ryu and myself that he'd have to be Caught in order for us to remain together. They then told Ryu and me to wait there, headed off to a Pokemart, and when they came back, Dad was holding a Premier Ball. They gave it to me, saying that I should have the honors of Catching him, and I tossed it underhand at Ryu. He jumped up and hit the Button on the Premier Ball, and went into it eagerly, allowing it to Catch him. We were inseparable from that day forward. When I was Fifteen, Professor Redwood sent me a Letter saying that I'd been accepted into the Academy, and we started packing the next day. Ryu and I finished packing the necessities, and we headed off to the Academy.

Team Reference:

Ryu (Shiny Lucario, Male) Lv. 25
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Brave

Normal Moves: Bullet Punch, Circle Throw, Copycat, Force Palm

Support Moves: Foresight, Counter

Captured with: Premier Ball

Personality: the Old and Loyal Friend

Zorro (Zorua, Male) Lv. 25

Ability: Illusion

Nature: Naughty

Normal Moves: Feint Attack, Scratch, Pursuit, Fury Swipes

Support Moves: Fake Tears, Taunt

Captured With: Normal Pokeball

Personality: The Mischievous Tactician

Eve (Eevee, Female) Lv. 15

Ability: Adaptability

Nature: Impish

Normal Moves: Tackle, Swift, Quick Attack, Iron Tail

Support Moves: Helping Hand, Baby-doll Eyes

Captured With: Premier Ball

Personality: The New and Extroverted Friend

Otto (Oshawott, Male) Lv. 17

Ability: Shell Armor

Nature: Quirky

Normal Moves: Icy Wind, Razor Shell, Tackle, Water Gun

Support Moves: Tail Whip, Focus Energy

Captured With: Dive Ball

Personality: the Honor-driven Mediator

Edited by Trainer Red

Name: Danielle Chastain

Birthday: March 19

Program: Coordinator

Starter: Murkrow (Avis, lv. 8)

Hometown: Laverre City

Background:

Danielle is considered the rebel of Laverre City. Although she respects the city’s traditional teachings and the use of fairy types, Danielle is determined to make herself different from everybody else. Luckily, the citizens of Laverre didn't seem to mind when she decided to follow the path of a Coordinator instead of a Furisode Girl. Uniqueness, after all, is a quality that the city is proud of. However, Danielle crossed the line when she decided to bring home an injured Murkrow to nurse back to health. It was not a big deal at first; the residents were happy that she had such a caring heart. However, they were not so considerate when the Dark type began following her everywhere even after Danielle’s parents released it back onto Route 15. While Danielle and her parents didn’t find it to be a bad thing, the elders always saw the bird as an omen. They would always come around to her house to try and persuade her parents to drive the bird away; one elder even went as far as to try and electrocute the bird.

The incident made Danielle even more rebellious than ever; she vowed that she will convince her ignorant elders that all of those rumors about the Murkrow species were nothing but superstition. She immediately applied to Ymora Academy hoping that, once she graduated, she would be able to prove to them that Murkrows are just as beautiful as the Fairy type.

Appearance:

post-41630-0-82585200-1411170060_thumb.jpg

*Since there is no Murkrow/Honchkrow, I'll go with her second Pokemon for her picture here~

Team Reference:

Avis, the Murkrow (Level 25)

Ability: Prankster

Moves:

Night Shade (New)

Aerial Ace (New)

Dark Pulse

Steel Wing

Support Moves:

Featherdance

Roost

Corona, the Larvesta (Level 25)

Ability: Flame Body

Moves:

Incinerate (New)

Signal Beam (New)

Acrobatics (New)

Flame Charge

Support Moves:

String Shot

Morning Sun

Zared, the Mawile (Level 23)

Moves:

Fairy Wind

Iron Head

Bite

Hidden Power [Water]

Support Moves:

Iron Defense (New)

Pain Split

Name: Slade Kafkin
Birthday: November 29th
Appearance:

Chapters 1-2

post-47479-0-43895400-1411171647_thumb.png

Chapter 3

B2Nh00mCIAERgzA.png

Pokemon:

Flare (Arcanine, lvl 25)

059.gif

Moves:

Fire Fang

Flame Burst

Reversal

Bite

Stastus:

Oder Sleuth

Agility

TX-101Z (Magnemite lvl 24)

081.gif

Moves:

Discharge

Mirror Shot

Charge Beam

Magnet Bomb

Lock-on

Thunder Wave

Ability: Sturdy

Xemnas (Gible Lvl: 23)

443.gif

Moves:

Dragon Rage

Dig

Bite

Bulldoze

Sand attack

Hone Claws

Ability: Rough Skin

Sasuke (Frogadier Lvl: 25)

frogadier.png

Moves:

Water Pulse

Cut

Lick

Grass Knot

Smokescreen

Double Team

Ability: Protean

Hometown: Celadon City
Background: When Slade was 6 years old he found a growlithe in an ally in Celadon. It was hurt and abandoned by its other trainer saying it was too weak and abused him. He had a spare oran berry in his pocket and gave it to growlithe, he quickly ate it but ran back in the ally. Slade kept bringing the abandoned pokemon food and one day the growlithe followed him home, but his parents said he couldn't have a pokemon specifically if it was a fire type. There was a small fire type bias in Celadon due the city's gym being grass and all the influential people saying that fire types are the worst type and people who have fire types are just as bad if not worse. Plus Slade wasn't the most popular kid in school, if anything he was the kid who was considered the out case, the person no one would want to hang around with. So in secret he obtained a pokeball from a wondering trainer and put growlithe in the pokeball. After a couple of years his parents found out he had growlithe and forced him to release it because they were in the bias too, Slade couldn't just let go of one of his only friends. At that point he was too attached to his growlithe and ran to vermilion city, bought a boat ticket to the Ymora Region because he heard about the academy and went off abandoning his parents.

(Reserved. Will finish when I have more time.)

Sign-up format RoG-Members:

Name:

Appearance:

Starter: Noibat

Division: Combat

Background: (Mention how RoG scouted you, you didn’t find them)

Name: Kageharu Tsukihashi

Birthday: Feb. 8

Appearance:

08TtjGT.png

Program: Breeder*

Starter: Ralts (male)

Hometown: Mossdeep City

Background: Kageharu (call him Kage) showed a lot of promise as an artist from a young age as an artist, until his vision started to deteriorate at 5 and was completely gone by the time he turned eight. During this time, he started to channel his energies into Pokemon and music, and to this day works at his proficiency with both. Refusing to accept any help but that of his partner, he struggled through the difficult process of school almost entirely alone, managing almost entirely Bs in school in standard classes. As he aged, he pressured his parents to let him attend Ymora's academy to learn how to breed and battle, as well as get exposure to a wide variety of different cultures to further a developing musical career. Eventually, they relented, and helped him apply to the Academy.

*Is there a way to do more than one?

Too many good guys :U

Name: Ezekiel "Zeke" Dragovich
Appearance:

ePLszfZ.png

Don't mind the Elekid, it popped outta nowhere lol. Charmander's the second Pokemon, just put it there for the lulz

Starter: Eevee (F), Lv. 8, "Pixel"
Division: Combat
Hometown: Sootopolis City
Background:

Lol, text wall

He stole a Klondike Bar and a scout saw his talent and recruited him for it. After the clash between the two weather titans, life had settled down again in Sootopolis. It was boring and Zeke didn't like it. Ever since the new system had come into play everything felt so limited, what with all the rules set down. Life was perfect: his parents were always at home and they were supportive; his sibling was the cutest little sister anyone could ever ask for and he showed how much he appreciated this by pulling pranks on her every chance he got; at the same time if anybody tried to bully her, he'd always come out on top without so much as a scratch, "cause they're stupid and slow," he'd always say; his family was well-off, not rich or poor but just right, and had no enemies. And one day as the lad, now fourteen years old, was on his way home from the local school, where he was an average student and all that, he paused and thought for a while. What a rut he was in! Life was perfect, so perfect too early for him. The mere thought of living such a wonderfully perfect, conflict-less, boring existence like that sent shudders through him as well as a feeling of dread. What was more was that he felt like he was getting everything going for him easily-- far too easily for his tastes. And he didn't like this either.

Sootopolis was boring. So, why the heck not just sneak away onto a ship for a couple of days? Naively, he thought, he wouldn't really be missed. After all, didn't children use to journey across the regions, heck, even the world? There were some few incidents of children going missing and being found later on, after all; they were, just like him, bored out of their minds, eager to venture into this brave world. Of course, there was the small percentage of kids not

being found... but it was a small like, what, 10% anyway. What's the worst that could happen?

Sneaking successfully onto one of the ferries that were bound to leave the enclosed city, Zeke held his breath and the Pokeball containing Pixel. At first the fact that she wasn't a he had irked him when he'd gotten her on his eighth birthday, but she'd proven herself to be as quick-footed and witty as he. Since then, she'd become his partner in crime... as he'd like to think, but there wasn't really much crime he'd dared to commit. Yet.

Yet, because a shadowy man, who'd apparently shown interest in how easily he boarded the ship despite the tight security the crew had put on, told him about this adventurous team back in this new Ymora region. This man sympathized with Zeke, especially with how boring the new system made things. Being a naive child-- or at least, one having his sense of judgment overpowered by the longing for excitement-- he immediately jumped on the prospect of a new adventure... after all, what's the worst that could happen?

Pokemon

Pixel the Eevee

Lv. 17

Ability: Adaptability

Moves:

>Swift

>Covet

>Natural Gift

>Quick Attack
>Sand Attack
>Charm

Ignition the Charmeleon

Lv. 17

Ability: Blaze

Moves:

>Scratch

>Bite

>Dragon Rage

>Ember

>Smokescreen

>Dragon Dance

Edited by ZephyrEnyalios

Actually I have a New Character

James Nerfion

Birthdate:17th of March

Starter:Duskull

Hometown:Lavender

Backstory:As a child,James grew up on stories of How Agatha and Shauntal from The Elite 4 originated from Lavender and how he should aspire to be like them.He met Agatha at the age of 5 and was given a Duskull by her,He named it Shade and went everywhere with it. Hoewever at the age of 11 his mother died and he was Adopted by his cousin Shauntal.

P.s. Bisexual

So you are going with this one, right? Can you edit in your character's appearance? Aside from that accepted.

I've updated the characters in the second post! Some remarks:

Ok, internet is slow so I'll work on the layout of it later. And I can't seem to multiquote since it takes forever.

@Jory: Birthday must be between september 1 and december 31 if your character is 14. For now I'll assume he's 15.(I'm using those birthdays for something)

@EXLink: I assume your character running away is the reason why he started a year later. I'll probably use this somehow.

On a side note: I see some included personalities. I left that one out on purpose since I like to see how they would react in situations so it isn't mandatory to fill out.

Edited by Chimchain

I can't say i'm surprised, but damn, there needs to be s'more coordinators and breeders up in the hizzouse. Claude and Danielle are gunna get lonely in the big ass contest hall.

I know, right?

Actually, Murdoc's char is very lonely as of now. At least we have each other. Lol

• Support Squad

I know, right?

Actually, Murdoc's char is very lonely as of now. At least we have each other. Lol

The Dynamic duo. Thinking about it, our starters kinda fit each other in a weird way. Fairy/grass and dark/flying, both capable of prankster, both need a stone to evolve... weird.

Name: Mareek A. Sisto

Birthday: June 23

Starter: Scyther

Hometown: Saffron City

Appearance:

General Overview:

Mareek is a young man, 5"6 with an Athletic and Agile Build. He is relatively fair-skinned with a complexion that's a bit on the pale side. Physically He takes very strongly after his mother; his hair being thick and Fiery Red and his eyes Almond shaped and a deep, midnight blue in color and possessing a rather piercing quality. His chin is rather pointed and overall average, and his nose straight and roman. His Legs and Arms are strong, but at the same time nothing to be too terribly impressed over. His hair is commonly untouched and unkempt in appearance.He has a long, crescent shape scar arcing from his right temple across half his forehead just beneath the hairline, an injury he received as a child during an accident involving Erce. it is completely hidden by his hair the majority of the time, however.

Chapters 1-2

Mareek's hair is more or less unkempt with no particular cut or styling to it, as he's never been much interested in messing with it, it simply arranges itself as it naturally does. His mouth is rather grim and he commonly has a look of relative indifference on his face and his outfit consists of an all white nylon autumn Jacket with a pitch black fur trim at the collar, underneath which he wears a simple black shirt. He sports Black Cargo Pants with leather boots and dons black, fingerless gloves on his hands. He commonly wears a black set of Wireless Headphones given to him as a gift around his neck.

Chapter 3

During the Winter Cup Mareek's hair is still unkempt for the most part and lacking any cut or styling,though it has grown out by about an inch or two, creeping closer and closer towards his collar. His common facial expression of apathy and indifference from before has settled more into one of simple neutrality over time and his Outfit is much the same as it was, though he now sports Black Combat boots in loo of leather ones. In place of his headphones he now sports a pair of rounded Carving Goggles around his neck and his gloves fully enclose the hands and fingers and are leather, though he only wears them when needed and prefers to just keep them tucked away within his jacket otherwise

Chapter 4

During day 2 of the winter cup Mareek no longer wears his autumn jacket, the garment having been ruined the night before. Instead he dons a high collared, white, hooded jacket with the words Dr.Sisto on the right breast and Silph Company emblazoned on the back. There are multiple zippered pockets on it's front exterior, flowing diagonally away from the central zipper. Underneath it he wears a Black T-shirt. He sports a pair of faded black jeans and black combat boots. He still wears his carving googles around his neck when not in use, and has taken to wearing his fingerless gloves again, though he still keeps the leather one on his person.

Personal History:

Born in Saffron, Kanto. Mareek's father was a prominent researcher in the employ of the Silph Company his mother a veteran trainer hailing from Unova, however was raised primarily by his mother due to losing his father at a young age during the rocket invasion of Silph Co's headquarters building. Though he and his father were not very close due to work, Mareek and his elder brother Galen were; He received his first, partner, a fully grown Scyther, from Galen when he turned eight... though just weeks afterwards, the Mantis accidentally injured mareek when a Bug Specialist attempted to examine her and unknowingly triggered a traumatic memory for the Scyther; Mareek still bears the scar of it to the present day, though it is hidden.

When allegations and proof that Galen was solely responsible for their father's death emerged, Mareek advocated for his brother's innocence adamantly, keeping up the protest for weeks and weeks. He felt sure that Galen would explain to him what really happened, that he would come and tell him he didn't do what they claimed he did.

But Galen never came. Feeling let down, Mareek gradually quieted himself, questioning as to why Galen was gone, why he wouldn't show up and dispell the lies... why wouldn't he even talk to him about it. Time went on, and the bond Mareek had once shared with his brother gradually degraded into a sense of abandonment.

Despite it's initial association with his brother in the boy's mind though, Mareek eventually started to see Erce as an actual replacement to Galen, a substitute to fill the void left behind by his sudden and complete cut off to his elder sibling, and their bond and ultimately grew far stronger as the years passed by. The events at Silph Co left more marks on his radar than his brother however, and after a few years he eventually began to research and take notes on whatever material regarding Crime and Terror Teams that he could get his hands on, going on to overtime form just as deep a hatred for their founders and by complete extension the teams themselves as he had for Galen.

At the age of 10 he began training at the Saffron Fighting Dojo under the instruction of Sensei Miyaki, and through unorthodox yet proven effective lessons and conditioning, obtained his First Don Black Belt at the age of 12, later going on to receive his Second Don at 14. He choose to stop his training for the rank of Third Don however in order to be able to attend the Academy in Ymora.

Character Themes:

Main theme:

"Judgement Day"- Final Fantasy 7

Current Party

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."

-Karen, of the Indigo Plateau Elite 4

On hand:

cubone.pngriolu.pngscyther-female.pngmagikarp.png

scyther-female.png"Erce"

Sycther (F)

Level: 25

Ability: Technician (Note: Technician takes priority over STAB.)

Moves Known:

Attacks:

-X-Scissor

-Return

-Vacuum Wave

-Wing Attack

Supports:

-Double team

-Agility

cubone.png"Nemo"

Cubone (M)

Level: 25