Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

[Resolved] Help with Beldum - Battle

namanluvs

Question

Hey guys sorry if this is in the wrong section, I've been playing the game for a month or two now but only recently joined the forum

Anyways, I've gotten to the Beldum and everything, but I can't seem to catch him, oh and I'm also one of those noobs that like to reset for a good nature/IVs/ability and metal coat if possible, but I haven't managed to catch him even once yet.

My arsenal includes: Gastly - can make him sleep, no take down damage

Alakazam - high level to take some hits if needed

any tips on catching him?

8 answers to this question

Beldum is extremely difficult to catch (one of the most difficult if i remember correctly) soo you just have to throw balls on it and pray. Ah and don't put him to sleep that's useless, if he dies from the recoil restart and repeat. The only tip i can give you is to get better balls (Mega, Ultra or Timer)

Edited by Gaunt

I did, but I'd rather not waste all my heartscales and green shards, I guess I just need to focus on catching ONE and then try to breed for a good one, I mean Idk how long we have till ep. 13

Btw Freya, I've completed ep 12.1 xD

settled for this guy after a long time of trying for a shiny and many kills, had light metal so I AC'ed it

Beldum (Nest Ball): Timid (probs gonna change it to adamant later)

Now Clear Body

17/31/26/9/13/1 IVs = quite happy with that

Gastly with Hypnosis --> Something with False Swipe (Beldum stays asleep) --> Switch back to Gastly (Take Down doesn't hit and therefore Beldum doesn't take recoil) --> If it wakes up, use Hypnosis. If not, use Nest Balls and Timer Balls --> Capture

Gastly with Hypnosis --> Something with False Swipe (Beldum stays asleep) --> Switch back to Gastly (Take Down doesn't hit and therefore Beldum doesn't take recoil) --> If it wakes up, use Hypnosis. If not, use Nest Balls and Timer Balls --> Capture

woah that's actually a really good strategy, it avoids the risk of struggle too, damn why couldn't you have told me earlier?

jokes but thank you, hopefully others can make use of this