Pokemon Aegis: The Sunlit Lands - v3.2 (DISCONTINUED)

"This story is of a time even the oldest trees cannot remember.

A tribute of our ancestors, it has been transmitted for generations, form father to son, from mother to daughter.

This is the story of the Age of Light.

At the beginning was harmony. People and Pokemon living in peace, in unison with nature.

There was no fear, no sorrow, no jealousy, no war.

The land was filled with an ocean of golden Light, a Light that outshone even the brightest stars, for the sun had called these lands its home, and thus blessed us Sintari, children of the sunlit lands, and protected us from the shadows that would soon consume our world..."

2nkp850.png

Pokemon Aegis - The Sunlit Lands

version 3.2

(Change log from 3.0)

v3.1:

-talking to Riverside guard with Yellow Pass doesn't crash the game

-Metal Guard doesn't come back to his corner after you save him

-A text appears to indicate when you receive egg from old lady

-The game doesn't freeze when you find the Zigzagoon/Furfrou in Anura

-Mizuki doesn't stay as your double partner even after you beat Clyde

-Some graphic errors are fixed

-the birds on the roofs change according to weather

-Miranda sidequest added

-shortcut from Anura to Telegraph Hill added, as well as another through Dead Town

-TV channels work without glitching (only 2/4 are completed though)

-You don't spawn in front of the Metal Guard after talking to Luther

-Changed the encounter rate of Pokemon so that no Pokemon has a rate lower than 4%

-replaced super balls with great balls (did this everywhere I found a super ball. hope I didn't miss any)

-added a couple more hidden and visible items

v3.2:

-Fixed the tall grass in the Dam Valley and Sawmill

Download here!

Note:

This is not a finished product, the game is in an early phase of development, current playtime is rather short and bugs may occur. Use this thread to report any bugs you may have encountered, as well as any general remarks about the game.

DON'T FORGET TO SAVE REGULARLY!

If you're updating from version 2.0 to 3.2 and you already did the Race in Anura, a cutscene will randomly play when you enter South Anura for the first time, but it won't freeze your game.

Synopsis:

You play as an 18-years-old Kuro/Lucia, a couple months before they take on the Adventure in the Reborn region. Your adventure starts in Aegis City, heart of the once peaceful Aegis Region, now going through a period of war and chaos. The Aegis Pokemon League has been abolished, and the City is now under the rule of one man, whose authority is contested by several rebel groups. Your role in this story will be made clear as you progress through the game and interact with people.

Current Release Features:

• Increased shiny chance (1/700). Shinies are using Reborn custom sprites.
  • Increased difficulty – you can't switch out your Pokemon between turns. (NOTE: this might be changed in a future release)
  • Grinding is discouraged! Control Badges restrict the level that your Pokemon can reach. Currently the maximum level is 35.
  • 6th Gen Pokemon are implemented.
  • EV Training made easier with the introduction of an EV Training Center.
  • Your Pokemon's IV are (somewhat) customizable thanks to the vitamin items (Iron, Protein, etc...).
  • You are able to nickname your Pokemon directly from your party, no need for a Name Rater!
  • Best trainers in the game have level 37 Pokemon, current playtime is however long it takes you to beat their team.
  • Sidequests are available in addition to the main storyline.
  • Game size is ~260MB, lag will be experienced, even on strong computers. The lag is strongest in the Dead Town map, and it's unavoidable due to the sheer number of events in that map. The lag in the City might be fixed in a future release, however.
  • This game doesn't use the new version of Essentials, so a lot of things don't work yet, so some battles might be too easy because of it. Essentials will definitely be updated in a future release.
  • The game is made for PC, though this tutorial is there if you want to play it on a Mac (you have to delete the .mid files in the Audio\ME folder).
  • A list of all Pokemon available in this release can be found here.

Planned/Possible Future Release Features:

• Pokemon Eggs will hatch faster than in the original games, thus reducing the grind.
  • Fight Clubs! Several illegal fight clubs are spread throughout the city, and allow the player to battle different trainers every day. The first fight club might appear in version 5 or 6, though.
  • Pokemon Black Market! Instead of Move Tutors (or perhaps in addition to them), the city will have a Black Market network in which you can buy Pokemon that are battle ready (EV trained, IV bred, with "rare" moves such as Extreme Speed on a dratini). This should appear around version 6 or 7.

V4 Status:

​​-Maps: 30%

-Sprites: 0%

-Main story events: 0%

-Side story events: 0%

-General events, music, wild Pokemon: 0%

-Updating Pokemon Essentials: 0%

-Modifications/Improvements/Fixes to work done in previous versions: 0%

-Bug fixing for v4, beta testing: 0%

Credits:

This game is based upon the Pokemon Reborn Game storyline. As such, some characters belong to the creators of that game, namely Amethyst and the Pokemon Reborn community. Much of the graphics and scripts are directly taken from the game.

The music is borrowed from GlitchxCity.

The game is made with RPGMaker and the Pokemon Essentials starter kit, credit goes for those who participated in making that kit.

Finally thanks to all the people who helped play test the game, and thanks to you for playing!

Pics:

2qk4gah.jpg2nv9gzm.jpg

2lt2a1z.jpg2whm1oi.jpg

v406s4.jpg2rzvww1.jpg

capture000.png28725mp.jpg

zksjyx.jpg2ajcork.jpg

Edited by crashteamalphing

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright, I'll download this and take a look at your work so far...

EDIT:

alright, I'm not too far in right now, but I must say, I'm liking this so far, good work, ma man.

and The Evaluator guy really is a dick... a certain someone wasn't exaggerating when they said so...

Edited by Stratos

Have you asked Ame about using her protagonist sprites? Or are they placeholders?

"If you want to borrow some characters uh, I guess that's fine with proper credit to the source."

I may want to make different sprites, i.e. change the hairstyle and clothing a little bit, so in that sense the sprites are sort of placeholders. The characters of Kuro and Lucia, however, are not, since one point of my game is to tell what happened for these two characters before they stepped on that train to Reborn.

I'm having the same problem with this game as i originally did with Pokemon Reborn: it Crashes. I've got a Mac. do i do the same thing to fix it?

I'm having the same problem with this game as i originally did with Pokemon Reborn: it Crashes. I've got a Mac. do i do the same thing to fix it?

I guess so, though there is no Battle-Meteor Admin file here. So just delete the MIDI files in the ME folder. I happen to have a Mac too so I'll test it to see if it works.

Aaand I've tested it, and my game crashes too as soon as I hit a wall. Deleting the files in the ME folder changes nothing to that. I have no idea how people do to play Reborn on their Macs. It has never worked for me.

Hey, this is looking very good. Dowloading now, I'll give some feedback after I finish playing.

Also, do you plan to add Vero and Alice on it too?

Some notes from so far:

The PC's house is a bit hard to find if you get KOd in a battle and are sent to the Pokemon Center. I suggest you change the location of the house so that it's somewhere where it can have an actual front door instead of one on the back where it's not visible. walked around for about twenty minutes yesterday around the area where the initial scene with Khori played out before I got lucky and managed to accidently bump into the back side of the right building and finally found the Protagonist house again and advance the plot after

the incident at the university and the Protagonist father telling them to meet him back at home later.

here's what I'm talking about:

714073059E12.jpg

like I said, no front door, like the house behind me has, and it looks just like all the other houses beside it. now this wouldn't be an issue if the game was 3 dimensional with a camera shift function, but it is not, so if it weren't for the initial cutscenes when Khori and the protagonist are walking to their destination, I would not have even been able to guess that the house was on this street, or that the door is where it is. (I am standing infront of the doorway in this screen shot)

in other words, what Im saying is, it might be a good idea to change the placement of the house to some where a bit more obvious to players so they don't have to wander around in confusion trying to further the plot. either that or do Something to make it more noteble, like giving it a different colored/ darker roof than it's neighbors, or even something like giving the roof a small chimney/ satelite or something.

Edited by Stratos

Hey, this is looking very good. Dowloading now, I'll give some feedback after I finish playing.

Also, do you plan to add Vero and Alice on it too?

Thank you. I won't add Vero and Alice as playable characters because for plot reasons, the main character has to be a Sintar=darker skin color. I also probably won't add them as NPCs simply because I have the feeling that the 4 Reborn characters cannot exist simultaneously (if they did, then some would have died in Peridot Station bombing, which Ame didn't - at least, seriously- allude to).

Some notes from so far:

The PC's house is a bit hard to find if you get KOd in a battle and are sent to the Pokemon Center. I suggest you change the location of the house so that it's somewhere where it can have an actual front door instead of one on the back where it's not visible. walked around for about twenty minutes yesterday around the area where the initial scene with Khori played out before I got lucky and managed to accidently bump into the back side of the right building and finally found the Protagonist house again and advance the plot after

here's what I'm talking about:

714073059E12.jpg

like I said, no front door, like the house behind me has, and it looks just like all the other houses beside it. now this wouldn't be an issue if the game was 3 dimensional with a camera shift function, but it is not, so if it weren't for the initial cutscenes when Khori and the protagonist are walking to their destination, I would not have even been able to guess that the house was on this street, or that the door is where it is. (I am standing infront of the doorway in this screen shot)

in other words, what Im saying is, it might be a good idea to change the placement of the house to some where a bit more obvious to players so they don't have to wander around in confusion trying to further the plot. either that or do Something to make it more noteble, like giving it a different colored/ darker roof than it's neighbors, or even something like giving the roof a small chimney/ satelite or something.

Yes, that is um... A mistake on my part. I don't know what went through my head when I made the PC's house entrance (actually the interior of this house is the first thing I made when I created the game, and boy was I naive back then). I will probably have to redo it with a correct orientation for the next release, because the alternative –highlighting the house in some way– still doesn't change the fact that there is no good reason for that entrance to be oriented differently than all the others.

Ok, I thought it could be something like that.

I just started the game, and as my memory is totally crappy I'll make an error log on this post and keep editing as I find stuff.

Error Log: Errors found(2)

1- Grammar error in the intro, where it shoud be "...the once peaceful Aegis Region, which now is going through a period of...". Presently it's using who.

2- After defeating youngster Neil outside the university, the character may get stuck. That only seems to happen when you talk to Neil from the right to start the battle, and my guess is that it's related to the character movimentation right after.

Edited by Notus

There's a battle glitch that I feel should be addressed:

there is No option to switch out upon defeating an opponent. when ever you KO an enemy mon in a trainer battle with multiple active (Not fainted) pokemon on your team, instead of a text box saying something along the lines of:

"{insert Trainer Class here} Random joe is about to send out {Insert pokemon name here, or just insert the word "Something if this whole issue was to make the difficulty higher} will you switch out?"

it just skips to the opponent sending out their next pokemon without any opportunity for the player to tag out with another party member. now then if this is intended and is meant as a way of increasing difficulty, let me say, this is not the way to go about it, Even reborn has the option to switch out after beating an enemy party member.

the way it is currently in this game, all this really does is give the player a disadvantage, as they have to either keep in a mon that might be severely injured, or would have to switch in on the next turn and have the new entry to the battle take a hit without being able to strike back that turn. a far better way would be to make it so that the option to switch comes up with the text:

"{insert trainer class and name here} is about to send out... something. will you switch out?"

there. that will make it so that the enemy isn't as inclined to get off free hits on the player, while maintaining a certain level of difficulty as the player can't just switch in whatever they have that'll have a type advantage over the enemy, and has to take a bit of a risk.

Edited by Stratos

Ethic, did you try the options menu? Generally you can activate that there.

Edit: just took a look and nope, there's no option for it.

Edited by Notus

I don't know if this next thing is a glitch or just the end of the current playthrough, but...

714073084E13.jpg

Yeah, so I'm

at the point after the series of double battles with the chick named sage. I was told to go through the door on my right and that it would take me down to the lower floor where the battle between me and Sage could begin to decide the apprentice.

and so I come through the door and find this maze. alright, seems simple, cool, cool.

except I get to the last of the three buttons that alter the course of the maze, and what do I find...

"Nothing happens..."

so yeah... I think this is obviously intended since it had a text box come up, where if it were a mere script error, then the game would probably start glitching out hard when you interacted with it...

so yeah, basically there's no obvious way that I see to get to the other door in the maze and continue the plot.

so what's the deal here? is it meant as the end of the current playthrough? If so, in the future you should really do what Ame does and have a little text box come up after the latest game event saying that this is the end of the story so far.

or am i just derping here and missing something obvious that I have to do?

2- After defeating youngster Neil outside the university, the character may get stuck. That only seems to happen when you talk to Neil from the right to start the battle, and my guess is that it's related to the character movimentation right after.

Yeah, that's because of the unintended possibility to go through Youngster Niels's path without battling him if you go from the University to September Park. Normally you shouldn't have that possibility. Considering that the possibility to not battle him right away, even though unintentional, is pretty cool, I will have to change the movements of the characters afterwards instead. Thank you for noticing that glitch.

There's a battle glitch that I feel should be addressed:

there is No option to switch out upon defeating an opponent. when ever you KO an enemy mon in a trainer battle with multiple active (Not fainted) pokemon on your team, instead of a text box saying something along the lines of:

"{insert Trainer Class here} Random joe is about to send out {Insert pokemon name here, or just insert the word "Something if this whole issue was to make the difficulty higher} will you switch out?"

it just skips to the opponent sending out their next pokemon without any opportunity for the player to tag out with another party member. now then if this is intended and is meant as a way of increasing difficulty, let me say, this is not the way to go about it, Even reborn has the option to switch out after beating an enemy party member.

the way it is currently in this game, all this really does is give the player a disadvantage, as they have to either keep in a mon that might be severely injured, or would have to switch in on the next turn and have the new entry to the battle take a hit without being able to strike back that turn. a far better way would be to make it so that the option to switch comes up with the text:

"{insert trainer class and name here} is about to send out... something. will you switch out?"

there. that will make it so that the enemy isn't as inclined to get off free hits on the player, while maintaining a certain level of difficulty as the player can't just switch in whatever they have that'll have a type advantage over the enemy, and has to take a bit of a risk.

I will begin by saying that this isn't a glitch– I intended the game to be more challenging by forcing the "no switch between turns" rule on the player.

Now, I really like the suggestion you made in your post, and I'm pretty sure I'd be capable to make that happen. Where I'm undecided is on whether I should do it. "getting off free hits" is called revenge killing in the competitive battling scene jargon, and is something the enemy can't do if you have the possibility to switch out your weakened pokemon. Another thing is that the computer tends to send out the Pokemon in a predictable manner. Therefore, once you have battled an opponent a certain number of times, you know more or less who they are going to send out next.

Since your input always makes me ponder a lot about my choices, I have actually come up with an idea that may satisfact you : the option to switch out a Pokemon between turns will be back in the game options. Yaaay. However, during important battles against good trainers, the no switch rule will still be forced upon you. Also, I will implement a third option that allows for your suggestion: switch rule without knowing which Pokemon the opponent sends out next. Hopefully, that sounds better to you, but at the moment I'm inclined to keep certain "boss" battles as hard as they should be (in my opinion).

Also, in response to your comment saying the player is at a disadvantage if he can't switch out : neither can the opponent, so in that regard, you are actually on an equal footing. Not that I care about making fair battles. The opponent is already at the disadvantage of having a stupid AI, so I have to make up for that anyway.

I don't know if this next thing is a glitch or just the end of the current playthrough, but...

714073084E13.jpg

Yeah, so I'm

at the point after the series of double battles with the chick named sage. I was told to go through the door on my right and that it would take me down to the lower floor where the battle between me and Sage could begin to decide the apprentice.

and so I come through the door and find this maze. alright, seems simple, cool, cool.

except I get to the last of the three buttons that alter the course of the maze, and what do I find...

"Nothing happens..."

so yeah... I think this is obviously intended since it had a text box come up, where if it were a mere script error, then the game would probably start glitching out hard when you interacted with it...

so yeah, basically there's no obvious way that I see to get to the other door in the maze and continue the plot.

so what's the deal here? is it meant as the end of the current playthrough? If so, in the future you should really do what Ame does and have a little text box come up after the latest game event saying that this is the end of the story so far.

or am i just derping here and missing something obvious that I have to do?

Alright, here I'm actually totally not confident with the way I made this part. It's really silly. I will probably change it in the future into something not silly. In its current form, the labyrinth isn't a puzzle so much as it is a riddle.

First, I should say that you should pay attention to character dialogue. Notably, Hera dialogue before she teleports out of the room, the two mentor's advice, and (especially) the old lady outside the dojo.

I just want to see first if someone can manage to find how to get through. Out of curiosity. If you really can't find, open this spoiler.

you have to keep clicking the button until it opens, after like 9 clicks

alright... guess that's fair enough with the battle thing... if it's left to the player in normal fights whether they want the option or not.

anyways, I went back and decided to take your advice...

Perseverence.... that's real clever of ya. actually, the next time I pushed the button, the way opened for me.

now to find a way to get that Trubish in the alley way to notice me so that I can wreck Sage's team...

EDIT:

Decided to explore a bit more... and encountered this here glitch.

714073113E14.jpg

On a windy day, this man selling balloons will appear in September park, a driftloon will be beside him. talk to him and a tuaros will come out of nowehere and spook the thing away. presumably you're supposed to then follow them, but you'll be stuck in place after the scene plays out. you won't be able to open the menu or talk to the guy any further or move around. I don't know if you can Quick save or not, and I'm not going to risk my save file just to find out.

Edited by Stratos

I would love to play the game, but it turns out i am a fucking idiot when it comes to those damn questions for the exam in the beginning of the game. The fuck am i supposed to say?!

I would love to play the game, but it turns out i am a fucking idiot when it comes to those damn questions for the exam in the beginning of the game. The fuck am i supposed to say?!

not knowing the answers doesn't make you an idiot; they're made so that you really have no way of knowing. in other words, the Q and A don't matter, just type in any random shit and hit enter. it's a part of the story that you can't get the right answer any way. hope that helps.

Edited by Stratos

^On the matter above, my answers were: "whut?" and then "...WHUT?" :lol:

One thing I've been worrying about: I know you meant the game to be challenging, but there's some things that are a bit too hard in my opinion. First one is that I felt it very hard to grind with wild pokémon past level 10, and a lot of grinding is needed to the battles after the dojo event. Speaking of which, after the event I ended up with one extremely over-leveled pokémon and the others way below, due to we being unable to switch the first poké between battles.

Now, for the rest I'll have to use spoiler alert:

Some of the battles are pretty hard, and I can see a big risk of novice players rage quitting. Sage's Chansey would have been a huge trouble if my Snubull wasn't almost in lv.20 due to the previous battles. If my first one on those had been Espurr, for example, I would be completely dead.

Aand that's only the beggining. The trainers of the Tenis Club did give me a big headache too, but Darwin... A team like his is waaay overpowered given what we have to work with. His Ferroseed alone gave me a huge trouble to get past, and I still didn't manage to get past the fourth pokémon after two tries with 10 potions used in each. I like a good challenge as much as everyone, but doing so with regular trainers like this may get people rage quitting the game.

That's only my opinion though, you don't have to follow it and I certainly won't stop playing because of that. You've done a pretty good job up to now, congrats!

Edited by Notus

Well....go figure then. I just wish i can win against that damn Purrlion....or am i suppose to lose against that too? I ask because it keeps using protect, Swagger, and substitute! All, i got is Covet(sucks), Scratch(donesn't do me much good in this battle, and Leer...which always seems to fail

Uhmn, if you soft reset for Infiltrator on your Espurr, then the subs won't be a problem. In my case i just kept spamming Covet while it set subs until it couldn't do it anymore, then got paralized but killed it all the same.

EDIT:

Decided to explore a bit more... and encountered this here glitch.

714073113E14.jpg

On a windy day, this man selling balloons will appear in September park, a driftloon will be beside him. talk to him and a tuaros will come out of nowehere and spook the thing away. presumably you're supposed to then follow them, but you'll be stuck in place after the scene plays out. you won't be able to open the menu or talk to the guy any further or move around. I don't know if you can Quick save or not, and I'm not going to risk my save file just to find out.

I had no idea this part here was glitched <_<. I will have to look onto it. However, you don't miss anything, because this is actually part of a sidequest that will be completed in the later episodes. The "Tauros" is actually a Furfrou with a Zigzagoon sprite (yeah I haven't found any Furfrou sprites yet, I'll update it when I find one).

The Furfrou chases the Drifloon down and the balloon vendor will go after them, along with the owner of the Furfrou. They go to Anura, so you can't go there yet.

. So yeah, sorry about that, I'll make sure it is fixed for the next release, and just avoid talking to him.

Also to everyone who wants to play, remember to save often, because apparently this is still bug-ridden. I'll add this in the OP.

One thing I've been worrying about: I know you meant the game to be challenging, but there's some things that are a bit too hard in my opinion. First one is that I felt it very hard to grind with wild pokémon past level 10, and a lot of grinding is needed to the battles after the dojo event. Speaking of which, after the event I ended up with one extremely over-leveled pokémon and the others way below, due to we being unable to switch the first poké between battles.

Now, for the rest I'll have to use spoiler alert:

Some of the battles are pretty hard, and I can see a big risk of novice players rage quitting. Sage's Chansey would have been a huge trouble if my Snubull wasn't almost in lv.20 due to the previous battles. If my first one on those had been Espurr, for example, I would be completely dead.

Aand that's only the beggining. The trainers of the Tenis Club did give me a big headache too, but Darwin... A team like his is waaay overpowered given what we have to work. His Ferroseed alone gave me a huge trouble to get past, and I still didn't manage to get past the fourth pokémon after two tries with 10 potions used in each. I like a good challenge as much as everyone, but doing so with regular trainers like this may get people rage quitting the game.

That's only my opinion though, you don't have to follow it and I certainly won't stop playing because of that. You've done a pretty good job up to now, congrats!

That thing you said about grinding is something I must look into, perhaps by adding a patch of grass in the University backyard, with level 10 or so wild Pokemon. That should fix the problem, + add a wider variety of Pokemon to be found.

Well here I must emphasize something about this game's design. The main storyline is meant to be hard. But the sidequests are even harder, because they're optional. You -don't- have to finish them to beat the game. That's why they're extra-hard. That Darwin dude, you don't need to battle him now if you don't want to.

There's also a second sidequest which leads to slightly worse than Darwin (in my opinion), so if you thought Darwin was hard, brace yourself.

Now,

you can actually lose to Sage, it will just mean you don't get the Tyrogue, but the story progresses regardless.

Also there is a fire Pokemon that you can find in September Park at certain times of the day (I think it's there in the day and night, but not in the morning, or something like that), which should help against Ferroseed.

Also all the trainer's levels aren't set to stone, I might change them to make them easier or harder. Darwin might get a nerf. What's more likely is that I will give the player better options to beat him. I will try to beat my game once again, and then decide on what to change.

About the overall difficulty, and the risk of players rage quitting. My only hope is that, in the end, my game will be good enough that it will be worth the suffering. It's like life. There are fantastic parts, and parts where you have to suffer. The fantastic parts are what get you through the tough ones. The suffering ones are there to remind you how great the other parts really are. They both are necessary. Perhaps right now, my game is not that good and isn't worth suffering. But I will do my best to get there. And obviously that doesn't mean I will be completely insensitive to your sufferings and begging for lower difficulty. But still, there is a certain amount of suffering that needs to be had.

Well....go figure then. I just wish i can win against that damn Purrlion....or am i suppose to lose against that too? I ask because it keeps using protect, Swagger, and substitute! All, i got is Covet(sucks), Scratch(donesn't do me much good in this battle, and Leer...which always seems to fail

You have something like 60-70% chance to beat him (assuming you don't have infiltrator), and you should just spam covet. That percentage is from the amount of time I tried to beat it. If you can't beat him, it really changes nothing whatsoever. I will probably add a potion in one of the classrooms at the beginning to help with that battle (if that's not been done already, I don't remember).

Notus already voiced alot of the opinions on this so far that I share. especially about some of the trainers being overpowered given what the player has to work with...so I'll just skip over that for now.

but you make a good defense argument for the overall difficulty (Though the trainer levels should till be looked at again...) hopefully this will become good enough that the initial bouts of suffering in the early parts are worth it. and you know what? Damnit, I beleive in you and your efforts in this. I'm gonna try to be here for you every step of the way in this things developing, seeking out and finding any bugs and reporting anything that needs to be fixed.

and Notus is right about the last part. These are all just technical issues do far, but you've actually done a very good job on this game so far. the plot is interesting and engaging, and the game looks and feels alot like reborn, which it should considering the fact that it's an (Un-official) prequel. I applaud your efforts so far.

Anyways, what I came here to ask:

just out of curiosity, where exactly would one be able to find a seedot? I don't beleive it's a regular wild encounter in any of the areas we've currently have access to. is it another incomplete side quest right now?

Edited by Stratos

Anyways, what I came here to ask:

just out of curiosity, where exactly would one be able to find a seedot? I don't beleive it's a regular wild encounter in any of the areas we've currently have access to. is it another incomplete side quest right now?

Since the guy (Byron) alludes to the fact that you can find one, it means it is possible now, yes. Where? Well, if you really wanna know, it's

in September Park, wild encounter during night time.

Also thank you guys for your support, I will have a look at the difficulty. I don't want the early game to be that difficult actually, the difficulty should go increasing, so that may mean I've gone over the top with some levels. I will look at that and let you know my conclusions!

Aaah, ok, if that is a side quest than yeah, you're right. After all, besides all the reasons you've pointed, this also means these quests doesn't need to be finished in the early game, the player can tackle them later. I'll try to find that fire pokémon, and then go back for my revenge [insert evil laugh here].

Edited by Notus