Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

New (and not so new) stuff in episode 11

CURIE

Question

As I did for episode 10.5, I'll help everyone document the new stuff found in the latest episode. There are a few things listed here from episode 10.5, and that's because they can be found in a new place or do something new. Also, like last time, I'm gonna need your help to fill in the information that I don't have and alert me of any new stuff. Keep in mind that this does not have all of the new stuff from 10.5, only the stuff that has more to document about it as of episode 11. If you've went straight from episode 10 to the current episode, and skipped 10.5, I recommend checking out my earlier post: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6828#entry113768

Oh, and obviously, there are spoilers everywhere.

Soul Candle

Get it at: In 10.5, you can find it in that cave you get Corey's Crogunk in, but it could only be found during some time of day or some type of weather, I don't think we ever nailed that one down. Anyway, now you can also buy as many as you want from a junk dealer on 7th street.

Use: In 10.5, you can go to the Beryl cemetery at night with this and talk to a Pumpkin, and it would become a Pumpkaboo. Now, it has an extra use: Bring it to the place that El was going to do that weird ritual with Luna at, go in front of the pentagram, and press the a button Space. It will become a Litwick.

Data Chip

Get it at: In 10.5, you can get this in Dr. Sigmund's office, which kinda sucks since you can only go in there during the raid on the orphanage. Well, now Ame has remedied that, as you can buy as many as you want from a junk dealer on 7th street.

Use: Same as in 10.5. That computer that you got Porygon from in previous episodes? Well, now you need this thing to get it to appear.

Floral Charm

Get it at: The flower shop at Lapis ward

Use: Technically, it's the same as it was in 10.5, go step on one of those flowers that would knock you out in the adventurine woods, and this thing would make a Flabebe appear instead. However, in episode 11, there's a way you can use this to get the oddish weed (see below).

Magnet Powder

Get it at: A junk dealer in 7th street.

Use: Nothing, yet... probably gonna have a use in a future episode.

Blast Powder

Get it from: A vendor in 7th street.

Use: Remember those rocks you mine from? Those things leave behind a crumbled base when you mine from them, right? Well, with this stuff, you can blow up the base to mine from the rock one more time. Afterward, the rock disappears entirely.

Ability Capsule

Get it from: A vendor in 7th street in exchange for shards. He'll charge a different number of shards of a different color each time you buy one.

Use: Using one on your Pokemon will switch its ability. In the official games, it doesn't work on hidden abilities, but it does in Reborn! Your Gyrados has intimidate for it's ability? Give it this to make it Moxie.

'Rare Candy'

Get it from: On the east end of the Beryl Wall (on the INSIDE, not on top of it. You get in there through 7th street during the main story, so don't worry about going out of your way to find it), there is a mineable rock. Mine from it, then use the blast powder (see above) to mine it again. When it's gone, the rock behind it has this abomination on it as a hidden item.

Use: This thing ain't really a rare candy. It's a popular hallucinogenic drug and is extremely addicting. I bet it's even a major reason the city has descended to what it is now. Firstly, be warned that when you first leave the Beryl Wall after getting this, a dude will steal it from you, and you have to find him (he's in the southwest corner of 7th street) and fight him to get it back. Anyway, in one of the weird smoking rooms of 7th street, there is a guy who is so desperate for a fix that he will trade you his Piplup for it. That's so sad... especially when you think of all the other Pokemon who's trainers are drug addicts...

That one locked door and the Order of the Helix

Use: Depending on the street gang you joined, one of the doors on 7th street will be locked, never to be opened (or will it?) and the other will hold the Order of the Helix, which ranks among one of the greatest Easter eggs of all time.

Sail and Jaw Fossils

Get them from: Bringing the Pokemon that the order of Helix asks for; they will then let you choose between one each time. WARNING: TO DO THIS SIDEQUEST YOU MUST HAVE A HELIX FOSSIL IN YOUR BAG, AND THE POKEMON THEY ASK FOR MUST HAVE THE SAME NICKNAME AS IT DID IN TPP FOR THE ORDER TO ACCEPT THEM.

Use: Same as any fossil, but the Sail becomes Amaura and the Jaw becomes Tyrunt.

Plume and Cover fossils

Get them from: After you chase the meteor guys out of the museum in Spinel town, a guy in the lower-left corner will give you your choice of the two.

Use: Same as any fossil, but the Plume becomes Archen and the Cover becomes Tirtouga.

Crystal Plug

Get it from: A story based event, upgrades to it found throughout Iola Valley

Use: First of all, let me clear up something. Normally, I would not list story based key items here, because you're gonna find and use it anyway. HOWEVER, this story based key item has a secret use: In the northeast corner of Iola Valley, you can use this (it has to be fully upgraded) to trigger a battle with a wild Sablye.

Oddish Weed

Get it at: The south adventurine woods. There's a narrow path between the trees that is blocked off by one of those flowers that knock you out when you step on them (and make Flabebe appear when you step on them with a floral charm). Use the floral charm to fight the Flabebe and walk past, and at the end of the path there is a shrub with this thing on it as a hidden item.

Use: You can give it to a lady in 7th street to get a Chespin egg. She only seems to be there during certain times of the day, though. I found her in the morning. And due to a glitch, she just won't stop giving you Chespin eggs.

Purple shards

Get it at: Same places you would get yellow shards. As a matter of fact, you might notice that all of your yellow shards were replaced by these.

Use: Same as yellow shards, because they are literally yellow shards that were recolored and renamed. Because themeing, get it? How the colors of reborn are red, blue, green, and purple? Yeah, Ame noticed that the shards were almost the same colors, and changed the color of the shard that didn't fit in with the theme.

Exp. Share

Get it at: Well, you could always have gotten one from the lottery ID thing at the game corner, but in episode 11, there's a new way to get it! First of all, if you haven't met DJ Arclight already, then go to the nightclub in north Obsidia ward and he should be in front of it. He'll tell you about how you need to become champion to get in and leave. Now, in the southeast corner of 7th street, there's a suspicious dude selling Pokemon for different colored shards. Each Pokemon has a specific number of a specific color of shards needed to buy it. After you buy three or four of them and try to leave the area, the DJ will come out and tell you that he the suspicious guy is a Pokemon thief, and he wants you to save the stolen Pokemon by buying all of them. Now, remember that one cage puzzle back from before you went to the beach area? yeah, these are all the same Pokemon from that puzzle. Now if you remember, there was a Ditto in that puzzle you could have freed. If you did not free him back then, he will be here for sale as well. To buy all of them you need 12 Blue Shards, 11 Purple Shards, 8 Green Shards (16 if Ditto is there), and 12 Red Shards. The Pokemon are: Cyndaquil, Vanillite, Roggenrola (DON'T MISS THIS GUY HE BLENDS IN REAL WELL WITH THE CAGE SO YOU MIGHT THINK HIS CAGE IS EMPTY), Abra, Makuhita, Jigglypuff, Loudred, Lickitung, and (if you didn't free him earlier) Ditto. When you buy all of them, DJ appears and implies that he will murder the shady dealer or something like that, and he gives you this.

Use: Oh come on, you know what the Exp. Share does! Well, actually, to clarify, this is the Experience Share that was used before X and Y. The one that you use as a held item and only works for one Pokemon at a time.

Sticker(s)

No new Stickers this time, sorry.

Well, the list seems to be complete, i doubt anyone will find anything new at this point. Thanks for your help everyone!

Edited by Eagleby18

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Nice... Well, i played Beta, so i knew this ^^ Just didn't want to spoil... But let's go:

The Magnet Powder has no use really... Confirmed by Amethyst...

The door is locked because depeding on the gang you joined, it opens one door... The other remains locked...

Nothing special happens... I say this based on the fact that both fossils are infinite, so i guess they just make the same requests... However, after two requests, they're going to ask for THE HELIX FOSSIL itself, and then the "jobs" can be redone

I didn't find a new sticker, but i'm still searching...

You missed one thing though - OddishWeed I'm not saying where it is, or it's purpose... But you can find that yourself ^^

Nice... Well, i played Beta, so i knew this ^^ Just didn't want to spoil... But let's go:

The Magnet Powder has no use really... Confirmed by Amethyst...

The door is locked because depeding on the gang you joined, it opens one door... The other remains locked...

Nothing special happens... I say this based on the fact that both fossils are infinite, so i guess they just make the same requests... However, after two requests, they're going to ask for THE HELIX FOSSIL itself, and then the "jobs" can be redone

I didn't find a new sticker, but i'm still searching...

You missed one thing though - OddishWeed I'm not saying where it is, or it's purpose... But you can find that yourself ^^

Well, thanks for the information you did give me!

I found the Oddishweed. Have no idea what its for as of now. But when I was trying to get it a couple times, I kept getting t a script error when "leaving the area". The only way I was able to get out of this error was to use teleport.

In searching for the oddish weed, I found that the plume and cover fossils are also available! Is that new to this episode, or was I an idiot and missed it when I first played through the game?

50/50 It was available before 11 (According to the obtainable list)... However, like me, we didn't met the requirements to make them appear before... But on 11, we can... I don't know why...

Wait, is it just me, or is the sail fossil not working? When I talk to the doctor that regenerates fossils, "Sail" does not come up as an option...

AAAAND we have a winner... So, i guess both the 6th gen fossils are broke right now... Yeeeaah... Amethyst shall fix it later...

• Administrators

I found the Oddishweed. Have no idea what its for as of now. But when I was trying to get it a couple times, I kept getting t a script error when "leaving the area". The only way I was able to get out of this error was to use teleport.

What sort of script error?

But seriously.... I can't find this drug obsessed woman to get Chespin.... I'm pretty sure I've talked to everyone in 7th Street...

Edit: Also, I get the feeling that the data chip may have more than one use just like the soul candle.... any thoughts?

Edited by Phlytosion

But seriously.... I can't find this drug obsessed woman to get Chespin.... I'm pretty sure I've talked to everyone in 7th Street...

Since everything been spoiled...

I think you have to talk with her in her house, then go back to the 7th street...

I THINK... (Well, that's what i did...)

The Iv/EV judges have been replaced by a couple. The man is sick and sleeping and the lady need something for him. What ? I don't know, she don't say it. I though it was oddish weed, or medicine, but no -_-' !

Magnet Power should be a Ditto-Centric Item and raises one of it's stats by 50%. Emphasis on SHOULD.

Also. Off-Topic EDIT:

Welllllll at least they don't know where the weed is...

Edit: PLZ Shadow, no more spoiling. I like to suffer in this game XD

YOU MASOCHIST.
Edited by Lynxiechan

Here's somethign else that Ame added and you didn't list:

The EXP. SHARE (And i'm not talking about the lottery exp. share...)

I'm not saying how you get it ^^

EDIT: GOD DAMMIT BEBA!

Edited by Vinny953