Reborn XI: Out of Light

• Administrators

After more spriting and scripting than I typically enjoy...!

If you're coming from a fresh Episode 10, this update features 6th Gen Pokemon, Fairies, New Protagonists, Field Effects, and a whole ton more! Check below for a full list of changes as listed in the Readme, but take care to note the important things (such as a note about updating, and controls) as listed on the game download page. Link is below the changelog

Notable Changes:

* The city music is currently in the process of being re-done (8/9)...
* Field Effects have been added to the game! Field effects are location-specific and can change the flow or power of battles in various ways. More on this below!
* The following abilities have been 'fixed', added, altered for sixth gen, or technically improved in some way:
Stance Change Protean Mega Launcher Pixilate Refrigerate
Aerilate Synchronize Moxie Magic Guard Mold Breaker
Competitive Gooey Magician Grass Pelt Fur Coat
* The following moves have been 'fixed', added, altered for sixth gen, or technically improved in some way:
Sucker Punch Sleep Powder Poison Powder Stun Spore Spore
Freeze Dry Flying Press Trick Room King's Shield Cotton Spore
* IV and EV Values can now be viewed by pressing the Z key in the Pokemon stat Summary screen.
* You can now press D to Quick-Save.
* Many new animations exist, however many animations are currently displaying in strange places.
* Accordingly, the IV and EV judges in the Lapis Ward have perished in a terrible accident involving liquid nitrogen, a banana, and one or more unfortunately-placed rubber duckletts.
* The game's text speed has been given illegal amounts of performance-enhancing steroids.
This may have adverse affects. Weak computers should save often until it's confirmed to be stable.
* Sleep now lasts a maximum of 3 turns (Gen 5/6 mech) -- formerly was 6 turns (Gen 3 mech)
* Status moves once again properly hit targets when attacks would otherwise be ineffective (i.e Confuse Ray against a Normal type)
This reverts a previous change which attempted to fix the interaction of status moves with Lightning Rod and other absorption abilities. As a result, that error has returned.
* The trainer card has (finally) been updated to make room for all 18 badges. Accordingly, full size badges are now being used.
Season 1 leaders' badges have been retired in favour of their season 2 counterparts' designs. The given names of the badges have not changed.
* A pass has been made at fixing the random Apophyll Beach crash. Did it work? We'll find out...
* The Ability Capsule and Assault Vest (partial) have been implemented.
* Julia's Gym has been redecorated, including a new Electric Arena. Her team has been adjusted to compensate.
* Radomus now has a new team, fights in doubles, and awards the Trick Room TM (previously Calm Mind).
* Rivals now only use potions available to the player at that time.
* Battles that can or must be lost no longer cause the player to lose money
* The Lower Peridot Ward has been adjusted to reduce lag. When updating, make sure you are not saved outside in that ward.
This has the side effect of resetting some trainers in the Ward. Bear with it, sorry.
#-------------------------------- 10.5 changes --------------------------------#
* Some shiny Pokemon have been recoloured- this will be an ongoing process
Vulpix Growlithe Arcanine Vibrava Flygon Eevee
Vaporeon Jolteon Flareon Espeon Umbreon Leafeon
Glaceon Zubat Golbat Crobat Ghastly Haunter
Gengar Elekid Electabuzz Electivire
All 6th gen Pokemon
* Back sprites have been updated to a Gen 5 style and unified. However, non-6th-gen shiny back sprites have not been updated.
* The following abilities have been 'fixed', added, altered for sixth gen, or technically improved in some way:
Drizzle Snow Warning Drought Sand Stream Static
Water Absorb Oblivious Color Change Flash Fire Shield Dust
Suction Cups Sticky Hold Shadow Tag Arena Trap Effect Spore
Synchronize Magic Bounce Lightningrod Keen Eye Pickup
Magnet Pull Cute Charm Pressure Hustle Vital Spirit
Unburden Sheer Force Stall Contrary Defiant
Friend Guard Imposter Tinted Lens Tough Claws Volt Absorb
* The following moves have been 'fixed', added, altered for sixth gen, or technically improved in some way:
Fling Pursuit Transform Simple Beam
* In battles, the cursor will now always default to the FIGHT command after a move.
* The double battle item-use glitch has been fixed. >:c
* All DW abilities should now spawn properly on all pokemon including Trainers', Wild, Event and Eggs
* Mega Evolution has been added (although not yet implemented in-game)
* Many new animations have been added (however some of them display in the wrong place)
* A 'Large' screen size option has been added (however it seems to cause some issues, moving from Large mode into Full Screen mode)
* 6th gen Pokemon now exist~~~
* 6th gen starters have been added to the beginning of the game
* Soft-resetting for starters has been made easier
* TMs have been updated to Gen 6 and existing TMs have been reset (can be found again)
* Electric Types can no longer be paralyzed
* Ghost types can no longer be trapped
* Appropriate pokemon have received Gen 6 stat buffs
* FAIRIES!!!!!
* Steel type resistances have been updated
* Abilities, moves, types and stats of old Pokemon have been updated. However, Egg moves have not.
* A flower shop has been added to the Lapis Ward
* Several Pokesnax vendors have been added throughout the city. Many event Pokemon are now newly based around these (some other events have been changed too).
* Trainers and story battles have been updated to include Gen 6 Pokemon
* Florinia and Aya have had their overall power reduced. Aya has been given a new Ace. Serra now has a new team entirely and will fight in singles. Other leaders have changed slightly
* Several TMs can now be won as Arcade prizes
* Two new potential protagonists have been added to the game. Existing players may switch over to the new protagonists in the Grand Hall (top left). The option to switch will exist only until the E12 release.
* Teleport (and Fly) can no longer be used while riding a Tauros.
* HP bars now animate faster at higher levels.

Download links are this way!

• Upvote 2

It's seems awesome! But, it makes me sad, that everytime when I start the game, I see that stupid Fern, looking badazz and all.

Edited by DICK

So I have a question. Say we already beat Radomus and we're continuing on because im a moron and don't make multiple save files...will there be any way to get the trick room tm later on in the episode or in future episodes maybe? Because I don't really feel like grinding 300+ hours all over again to make my 5 different teams again >.>

Oh, ah new episode. Finally ^-^"

Going to download that, can´t wait to come back later and play it.

I´ve read that list of changes (I´m not really someone who grins EVs all the time, but maybe it´s good because I want to raise a proper team and that). And Moxie gets finally fixed, that´s what my Gyarados currently needs.

Really looking forward to play now

That´s pretty much my reaction now :D

• Administrators

YAAAAAAYYY!!!!!

(is the character page upated?)

It is not. Hm. Whoops.

So I have a question. Say we already beat Radomus and we're continuing on because im a moron and don't make multiple save files...will there be any way to get the trick room tm later on in the episode or in future episodes maybe? Because I don't really feel like grinding 300+ hours all over again to make my 5 different teams again >.>

I can give it the Volt Switch treatment.

(I can hear Ikaru groaning from here)

Julia's TM used to be Volt Switch. When I changed to to Charge Beam I promised that when Volt Switch became obtainable again it would check to see if the player already had it and give Charge Beam instead. So, whenever Calm Mind is re-introduced, it can give Trick Room.

Also currently re-uploading one mirror at a time for a double battle issue fix. If you're trying to download and find one mirror is broken, try the others. I'll keep two up at all times.

Ok i'm not 100% sure but i think the electric field doesn't work properly cuz my Gyarados took a Nuzzle (from Emolga) and 2 Charge beams from Voltorb and...well...survived, those moves should be stronger in a electric field right?

Thank you life-saver <3

EDIT: Ok I must be so damn blonde that I find nothing ._.

EDIT2: Nvm I found it. Wow I was looking for it for like 40 minutes :x Had to talk with the Aqua gang leader for him to tell me where it is for the event to activate <.<

Edited by Gravity
  • Upvote 1

Also currently re-uploading one mirror at a time for a double battle issue fix. If you're trying to download and find one mirror is broken, try the others. I'll keep two up at all times.

Atm,all 3 links are broken for me.

Warning spoilers ahead (kind of but not really but if you don't want to see it then stop now.

In the valley by the waterfall it says i can't use the fishing rod. Just thought you'd like to know in case you already didn't (n_n)b

Unless i'm not supposed to be able to fish there

Edited by WanderoftheColossus