Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Dragons!

Sunrise

Question

Does anyone know where to find one of these dudes?

-Dratini

-Dheino

-Bagon

-Gible

I always need a dragon type in my team, I really prefer to find Dheino cuz I already have Gyarados as flying one (like Nite and Mence) and Swampert as ground one (like Chomp) and even because Hydreigon can learn a tons of MT and he's the only special attacker!

Here's your answer:

Dratini: Not available

Deino: Not available

Bagon: Not available

Gible: Not available

However, you can get a Trapinch from the game corner (Dem 10,000 coins) and Noibat in the underground... Yep, none of the other dragons are available (You also have Gyarados and Charizard, but you know... they just look like dragons ^^...)

Here's something you should think about. Noivern is near impossible to get unless you really can be bothered to baby a noibat or wait for the level 38 ones in tanzan mountain. Furthermore, Trapinch is mediocre compared to some of the other pokemon you can get/ are available.

Honestly, Im not surprised none of the good dragons appear, they'd make the game far too easy (and gossip gardevoir of 10.5 would shred them in literally one hit, SPOILER ALERT!)

Anyway, with the way this game is structured, you'd hardly find any use for any of the dragons, it's far too hard to train them in the first place, and keep them on hand at the same time in this game. Seriously, trust me, Kiki's medicham will shred a hydreigon regardless of level, and Serra's Ice type advantage will get rid of it even more. So don't bother. Seriously. (You can if you want but that's up to you, Im starting to appreciate some of the pokemon I used to think were shit because of reborn, I never thought I'd use an Azumarill or Gourgeist, and good lord they're my wrecking monsters ._. )

EDIT: that, and whenever Saphira decides to pop along, your dragon type is screwed against her. And Amaria. Just saying. (: Ame's structured this so well that Dragons have far less of a use than they normally would. Don't get me wrong, I love dragons, it's just the last dragon I used (Flygon in this version) it got fucked over by a tentacruel. I mean, Cmon! TENTACRUEL. POISON WATER TYPE, and it screwed my FLYGON over. I was jawdropping so hard I just switched into donphan and ragesmashed the poison bitches D: (I never thought I'd use Donphan either, for that matter. OR cofagrigus. OR shuckle. But I'm seriously starting to appreciate their stats. And typing.)

EDIT2: (And movepools. Cofagrigus Grudge + Dusclops = A LOT of Normal type pokemon with Dark pulse done for like THAT.)

Edited by Lynxiechan

Here's something you should think about. Noivern is near impossible to get unless you really can be bothered to baby a noibat or wait for the level 38 ones in tanzan mountain. Furthermore, Trapinch is mediocre compared to some of the other pokemon you can get/ are available.

Honestly, Im not surprised none of the good dragons appear, they'd make the game far too easy (and gossip gardevoir of 10.5 would shred them in literally one hit, SPOILER ALERT!)

Anyway, with the way this game is structured, you'd hardly find any use for any of the dragons, it's far too hard to train them in the first place, and keep them on hand at the same time in this game. Seriously, trust me, Kiki's medicham will shred a hydreigon regardless of level, and Serra's Ice type advantage will get rid of it even more. So don't bother. Seriously. (You can if you want but that's up to you, Im starting to appreciate some of the pokemon I used to think were shit because of reborn, I never thought I'd use an Azumarill or Gourgeist, and good lord they're my wrecking monsters ._. )

EDIT: that, and whenever Saphira decides to pop along, your dragon type is screwed against her. And Amaria. Just saying. (: Ame's structured this so well that Dragons have far less of a use than they normally would. Don't get me wrong, I love dragons, it's just the last dragon I used (Flygon in this version) it got fucked over by a tentacruel. I mean, Cmon! TENTACRUEL. POISON WATER TYPE, and it screwed my FLYGON over. I was jawdropping so hard I just switched into donphan and ragesmashed the poison bitches D: (I never thought I'd use Donphan either, for that matter. OR cofagrigus. OR shuckle. But I'm seriously starting to appreciate their stats. And typing.)

EDIT2: (And movepools. Cofagrigus Grudge + Dusclops = A LOT of Normal type pokemon with Dark pulse done for like THAT.)

Tentacruel is a good pokèmon, like Donphan (they are OU) or Cofagrigus (UU), but I really need a Dragon to make variety for my team :( I don't even have ice or fairy, how can I win against dragon trainers?

Edited by Sunrise

Fairy types do appear later in game. Don't worry about it. Im guessing you've just started right? Don't worry too much about your team right now because you'll be constantly switching pokemon out for every gym almost. So yeah, go with the flow, let your brain do the rationalising, and don't panic about dragons. Like has been said, theres noibat and trapinch, but trapinch needs 10000 arcade coins and noibat is a pain in the arse to train (as I have already stated, unless you can bring yourself to, I know I can't lmao) And neither are overly excellent (Flygon has a great movepool but in terms of stats its decent :I and Noivern has a shitty movepool until about level 60 :I)

Don't really worry about Ice types, They're not as good as people assume them to be. Trust me, the type disadvantages the gym leaders have are totally eradicated by their pokemon party. For example (SPOILER) y'know the grass type gym leader? Well, you'd assume to go straight for ice/fire/flying/bug, yes? I tell you now, she has a surprise up her sleeve that knocks ALL these pokemon out. You'll see early on if you haven't already. :P

But yeah, to the point, dragons arent as much use here as they were in the original games. They might have a use for one or two battles but thats really it, and again, you'll be switching out a hell of a lot (I took AGES to find a decent party for half the game, and I switched out 4/6 of them for the Ice type gym leader :I she's fucking strong, and seriously, fire types are at a SERIOUS disadvantage with her. Even certain rock types.) qq

EDIT: If you want me to recommend some pokemon that might be of use, you can ask me, I don't want to spoil the game any further lmao

EDIT 2: Also, Variety is less of an importance than strategy in terms of Reborn. You could have all types on your team and still you'd be at a disadvantage if you put even one foot onto cracked Ice >>, as the dark type gym leader will say for you eventually, 'I'll give you a hint, if you look, you will find that there is infinite potential in whatever you do.' Or she;ll say something like that.

Edited by Lynxiechan

Fairy types do appear later in game. Don't worry about it. Im guessing you've just started right? Don't worry too much about your team right now because you'll be constantly switching pokemon out for every gym almost. So yeah, go with the flow, let your brain do the rationalising, and don't panic about dragons. Like has been said, theres noibat and trapinch, but trapinch needs 10000 arcade coins and noibat is a pain in the arse to train (as I have already stated, unless you can bring yourself to, I know I can't lmao) And neither are overly excellent (Flygon has a great movepool but in terms of stats its decent :I and Noivern has a shitty movepool until about level 60 :I)

Don't really worry about Ice types, They're not as good as people assume them to be. Trust me, the type disadvantages the gym leaders have are totally eradicated by their pokemon party. For example (SPOILER) y'know the grass type gym leader? Well, you'd assume to go straight for ice/fire/flying/bug, yes? I tell you now, she has a surprise up her sleeve that knocks ALL these pokemon out. You'll see early on if you haven't already. :P

But yeah, to the point, dragons arent as much use here as they were in the original games. They might have a use for one or two battles but thats really it, and again, you'll be switching out a hell of a lot (I took AGES to find a decent party for half the game, and I switched out 4/6 of them for the Ice type gym leader :I she's fucking strong, and seriously, fire types are at a SERIOUS disadvantage with her. Even certain rock types.) qq

EDIT: If you want me to recommend some pokemon that might be of use, you can ask me, I don't want to spoil the game any further lmao

EDIT 2: Also, Variety is less of an importance than strategy in terms of Reborn. You could have all types on your team and still you'd be at a disadvantage if you put even one foot onto cracked Ice >>, as the dark type gym leader will say for you eventually, 'I'll give you a hint, if you look, you will find that there is infinite potential in whatever you do.' Or she;ll say something like that.

-Spoiler-

I'm at the point where I just saw Lin hitting the gargantuan Steelix and I'm about to fight with Noel (I fought before against her and her Porygon-Z slayered me...)

My team is composed by Swampert, Infernape, Venusaur, Gyarados and Magneton (Magnezone soon),, and a poor Sandslash that I use for Strenght, Rock Smash and Cut, nothing else. So I still need a 6th pokèmon. I was thinking to Hydreigon cuz it would be the top chose for me.

I hate to break it to you, but there are very few dragons thus far. As you've likely read, Noivern is an option, but is difficult to obtain and even if you soon obtain it, it will eventually fail to help you with a *certain* gym leader

-Spoiler-

I'm at the point where I just saw Lin hitting the gargantuan Steelix and I'm about to fight with Noel (I fought before against her and her Porygon-Z slayered me...)

My team is composed by Swampert, Infernape, Venusaur, Gyarados and Magneton (Magnezone soon),, and a poor Sandslash that I use for Strenght, Rock Smash and Cut, nothing else. So I still need a 6th pokèmon. I was thinking to Hydreigon cuz it would be the top chose for me.

lol >> that spoiler is old news for me, passed it at least 5 times now (Hydreigon knocks Saphira out of the sky and then she blasts the wall through)

I, well, we keep trying to tell you, there are few dragons in game, save for flygon, noivern, and Altaria (I clean forgot about altaria).

Hydreigon ain't showing up anytime soon, I can guarantee you that. Neither will Deino. Or Dratini. Or Gible. Or Axew. Or Bagon. No matter how much everyone begs and wheedles to Ame. I've tried. :I

EDIT: Personally, I would LOVE a Kingdra. Water/Dragon makes it weak only to Dragon/Fairy~. And it has a decent special attack stat and is basically the most resistant dragon in game. Unless there are others I don't know about o3o

EDIT 2:

i hate to break it to you, but there are very few dragons thus far. As you've likely read, Noivern is an option, but is difficult to obtain and even if you soon obtain it, it will eventually fail to help you with a *certain* gym leader

Make that two gym leaders. Well, 3, if Saphira comes along anytime soon- OOP. Spoiler on Saphira's typing~
Edited by Lynxiechan

lol >> that spoiler is old news for me, passed it at least 5 times now (Hydreigon knocks Saphira out of the sky and then she blasts the wall through)

I, well, we keep trying to tell you, there are few dragons in game, save for flygon, noivern, and Altaria (I clean forgot about altaria).

Hydreigon ain't showing up anytime soon, I can guarantee you that. Neither will Deino. Or Dratini. Or Gible. Or Axew. Or Bagon. No matter how much everyone begs and wheedles to Ame. I've tried. :I

EDIT: Personally, I would LOVE a Kingdra. Water/Dragon makes it weak only to Dragon/Fairy~. And it has a decent special attack stat and is basically the most resistant dragon in game. Unless there are others I don't know about o3o

EDIT 2:

I finished the ep.10 just an hour ago :D

Can't wait for the sequel, anyway I have a full team now, you can see it as my signature, with the actual moves (some move is just not ok, but I have put them as best as I could with the lack of MT right now)

EDIT: I even changed my profile pic, that was too lulz to ignore.

If your really that afraid of dragons there are a plethora of fairy types available as well as the ever unpopular Jynx and engine of destruction that is Mamoswine. Weaker dragon types like noivern and Flygon don't really grab me as a reasonable answer.

Edited by Bear

I know this is somewhat off-topic but it needs to be said and many of these posts reminded me of it: one of the things I love most about reborn is how it makes you realize how good some rarely-used Pokémon are. The selection in the beginning is limited, and most of the strongest ones are purposely unavailable, like most dragons; but you quickly realize how much potential weaker Pokémon have, like Sandslash, Wishcash, Cofagrigus, Gardevoir, etc. My Sandslash destroys people with earthquake, and it's probably the only Pokémon I ever used sandstorm on because of how good sand rush is as an ability for it. Natural movepools matter a lot more too since good TMs don't exist yet; hearing what Noivern can learn from heart scales really makes me want to train one myself. Add to that the fact that you have to switch out members of your team often to deal with various gym leaders THAT ARE ACTUALLY CHALLENGING...and, well, there is no other Pokémon game with this much variety. I love it.

@Amphouse I've never used an Azumarill in game before cuz there were "better options". In Reborn i use an Azumarill, and IT WRECKS EVERYTHING...

Yup Seconding that one. I've never appreciated Huge Power until now. (that and Pure Power, too.... I use Medicham in my Platinum, B2, and Emerald games now C:)

EDIT: I mean, when coupled with proper EV training and High attack IVs, Azumarill at level 50 can knock off half the HP of a Scizor of the same level. With Play Rough. Goes to show this mouse/rabbit thing has a helluva lot of power. and it's cute. C:

Edited by Lynxiechan

Yup Seconding that one. I've never appreciated Huge Power until now. (that and Pure Power, too.... I use Medicham in my Platinum, B2, and Emerald games now C:)

EDIT: I mean, when coupled with proper EV training and High attack IVs, Azumarill at level 50 can knock off half the HP of a Scizor of the same level. With Play Rough. Goes to show this mouse/rabbit thing has a helluva lot of power. and it's cute. C:

Just waiting for Meditite to be available, and i'm goign to show Kiki how to raise a Medicham... oh wait...

EDIT: God dammit i can't type "GOING" for shit...

Just waiting for Meditite to be available, and i'm goign to show Kiki how to raise a Medicham... oh wait...

EDIT: God dammit i can type "GOING" for shit...

^ Seconded

Also... off topic but...

BAHAHAHAHAHAH

on topic, Too bad Ame probs wont put medicham in anytime soon since it's a two-ability pokemon and it's normal ability is pure power :< if she ever does it shes going to make a 9:1 ratio of Telepathy:Pure Power D: