18th Leader + End of Gen V League

Amethyst

• Administrators

So, as everybody's playing away at their shiny new XY games- or... like me, wishing you had a shiny new XY game to play away at... Pokemon Online is making good on their reputation of updating simulators in record time, and we expect to see the new client in a matter of days.

Accordingly, like those of you who were around Reborn at the end of fourth gen will remember, this means that the Reborn League will be taking an extended hiatus beginning after this Friday. The goals of this hiatus are as follows:

* Allow everyone, including the leaders, to get used to the new metagame

* Re-rank all leaders according to the new strengths and weaknesses of each type (Will we see a new champion?)

* Allow existing challengers to update their registered teams

* Update the Card system to accommodate 18 badges

* And of course... preparing the 18th leader!

Of course, I'm not so forward as to give you all the deets on the newest addition to our line-up, but I will leave you with this

fwvm.png

I'll get back to everyone about how you can update your registered teams (No, you will not have to lose any badges you've already earned, although there may be some restrictions on updates for higher challengers) - and some other things that the onset of 6th gen means for the Reborn game, at a later time.

• Upvote 2

I just hope Fairy/Dark Aura wont ruin the lives of them X-League people. And I WANT to dominate with Delphox, as it has climbed the ladders of Favorite Pokemon to me. (Probs No.8 or 9) And what of Mega? Will that be banned entirely or is that X-League exclusive. Perhaps even normal league? And who is going to be the new champion of Reborn? Finally, with the intro of Fairies, Mega, new abilities, and Sableye Mk.ii (Klefki), I REALLY wonder how broken the Reborn meta, or the entire meta in general, is going to be. (At least Swift Swimmers are prone to stall since new weather mechanics)

Megas are banned to X-League, excluding Mega Mewtwo Y and X. Mega Mewtwo Y and X are banned completely due to their monstrous base stats.

We don't know if there will be a new champion, or who it will be if so. Just have to wait.

yes I am updating my team

yes it will be all dragons.

yes i will kill all the fairies the hard way

yes i will claim glory to the dragon type and will claim the title as best dragon lover

yes i am typing like this intentionally

no i dont care if it annoys you C:

• Upvote 1

J3MkmBI.jpg

What if... The Fairy leader is actually the ultimate boss of Team Meteor, who blew up her gym in Coral Ward to make everybody think she had died before joining the baddies?

As for the competitive side: all the Mega Pokemon revealed so far, except Lucario and Mawile, cannot compensate for the loss of the held item (for example, Mega Charizard Y is as weak to SR as its standard form, and its increased SpAtk cannot make up for the loss of Choice Specs + Solar Power, effectively making it a weaker version of SpecsZard in sun), therefore I sicerely think that indiscriminately banning all the Megas would be silly to say the least... And this goes double for the Reborn metagame, which allows absurdly broken stuff in Gen 5! Excadrill alone is more dominant in Gen 5 than any Mega Pokemon can hope to become in Gen 6... And before someone brings up Mewtwo: Mewtwo's regular form is already Uber itself, so of course its Mega formes would be as well! But for the mega formes of lesser Pokemon, I say we individually test and judge each of them, before deciding which one to ban and which one to allow...

If the League has separated rules from the usual ladder, rules I am not aware of, please ignore this post and forgive my ignorance...

Edited by Tomas Elliot
  • Upvote 4

We've said it before and we'll say it again:

We're most likely going to put all Megas in Ubers, possibly excluding some, and if they cannot perform at an Uber tier level, then they will be moved.

Competitively, no one knows what Megas are capable of just yet, so we find that this will be the better solution.

Also, League does have different rules than the actual server. So yeah. ~Jinx

• Administrators

Megas are banned to X-League, excluding Mega Mewtwo Y and X. Mega Mewtwo Y and X are banned completely due to their monstrous base stats.

We don't know if there will be a new champion, or who it will be if so. Just have to wait.

We've said it before and we'll say it again:

We're most likely going to put all Megas in Ubers, possibly excluding some, and if they cannot perform at an Uber tier level, then they will be moved.

Competitively, no one knows what Megas are capable of just yet, so we find that this will be the better solution.

Also, League does have different rules than the actual server. So yeah. ~Jinx

To be clear, this isn't 100% for sure yet. We want to see how they feel in the actual metagame first.

J3MkmBI.jpg

What if... The Fairy leader is actually the ultimate boss of Team Meteor, who blew up her gym in Coral Ward to make everybody think she had died before joining the baddies?

As for the competitive side: all the Mega Pokemon revealed so far, except Lucario and Mawile, cannot compensate for the loss of the held item (for example, Mega Charizard Y is as weak to SR as its standard form, and its increased SpAtk cannot make up for the loss of Choice Specs + Solar Power, effectively making it a weaker version of SpecsZard in sun), therefore I sicerely think that indiscriminately banning all the Megas would be silly to say the least... And this goes double for the Reborn metagame, which allows absurdly broken stuff in Gen 5! Excadrill alone is more dominant in Gen 5 than any Mega Pokemon can hope to become in Gen 6... And before someone brings up Mewtwo: Mewtwo's regular form is already Uber itself, so of course its Mega formes would be as well! But for the mega formes of lesser Pokemon, I say we individually test and judge each of them, before deciding which one to ban and which one to allow...

If the League has separated rules from the usual ladder, rules I am not aware of, please ignore this post and forgive my ignorance...

^ this

I mean its only been less than 3 days and your already announcing big changes. Also i think tiers should not only be looked by auth but by everyone who choses to participate in ladder. We already had a pretty stale meta for the past year and a half are so i think it would be better that we have tier changes more frequently and in a more structured manner than before. Maybe that should be the real discussion.

tl;dr putting tier in exclusively in auth hands is not a good idea as seen in the past :]

tl;dr putting tier in exclusively in auth hands is not a good idea as seen in the past :]

I completely disagree with you.

The community (or certain people in it) have demonstrated that they are incapable of having a discussion without complaining about the opinions of everyone that doesn't agree with them. The auth also know much more about the 'meta' at this point than any of us.

This is a thread about the hiatus of Gen V league and the reveal of our 18th leader, we'll handle tiers when it gets to that point.

/thread

Alright just wanted to make sure that tier discussion would not only be limited to auths.

@Ryan yes the way we have done tier changes in the past are not that efficient but the malice was definitely not limited to the non auth members. Also you can say the auths have maybe the same amount of knowledge in the gen 6 meta but definitely not "much more".

back on topic gen 6 leader sprite looks cool.

Come on just look at that shilouette: she has indeed the hairstyle with the long ponytail-esque thing we saw for the ultimate leader of Team Meteor (keep calling her that because I cannot remember the name) as well... My theory makes sense! Would also explain why Coral Gym is in that state...

Come on just look at that shilouette: she has indeed the hairstyle with the long ponytail-esque thing we saw for the ultimate leader of Team Meteor (keep calling her that because I cannot remember the name) as well... My theory makes sense! Would also explain why Coral Gym is in that state...

Fun fact. Lin was the dragon leader of season one and also the champion. so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasnt Lin...

But you do give me an idea of something though. :3