Pokemon: Aftermath. A Dystopian RP. (OOC + Sign Up)

Code: PIRULUK

nineteen_eighty_four_by_shapesfactory-d3

Welcome to the future.

A dystopian world, ruled by power. A land of darkness, ruled over by a flawed Goddess. A group of fighters, working against her. Are you willing to join them?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, let me begin by welcoming you to this RP. It is the first one I am hosting, and I hope to live up to whatever expectations you may hold.

So. This RP takes place in a Dystopian world where one woman has seized ultimate power. Please read the following mission brief.

“They say power corrupts, and for good reason. When you have power, there’s nobody who can moderate you. When you have power, there’s nobody who can stop you from doing the wrong thing. When you have power, you can do anything you want. So. Power corrupts. With that in mind, what happens when someone, no matter how well-intentioned, attains absolute power? Godlike power? The answer: this hellhole we’re living in now.

I used to know Dawn. Back then, before she became obsessed with power. Before this whole goddess complex thing. She used to be so kind, so warm, so gentle. She was the Champion – the strongest Trainer – of the region. She used her authority sparingly, discreetly. That was before. Before her Empoleon died.

It was about a year after she became Champion; she was undefeated in all that time. That’s how strong she was. The Champion from the Hoenn region, May, visited and challenged her. I was there. May’s Magneton was giving her Empoleon a hard time, with a battle lasting for almost thirty minutes. Then, the Magneton released an immense Thunder attack. Empoleon fell. I remember seeing it, on the ground, black and charred, not moving. Dawn ran forward and tried to elicit a response from the Empoleon, but to no avail. May apologized, she apologized profusely. I recall tears running down her eyes, furiously chastising Magneton.

That was when it began. When Dawn looked back up, I saw something in her eyes that was never there before. A hint of darkness, of cruelty. I remember clearly her next command to her team. Releasing her whole team, she mouthed the command “Destroy them”.

And that was exactly what her team did. To this day, the image of her Pokemon literally ripping apart May’s team remains burned into my memory. May tried to fight back, to reason with Dawn, but to no avail. Dawn was not holding back any longer. Minutes later, May’s entire team was lying around her, dead or dying, with half of Dawn’s team dead as well. I remember May falling to her knees. I remember Dawn’s command to her Gardevoir to “break her”. I recall Gardevoir’s eyes flashing white, and May collapsing to the ground.

I wish I could tell you what happened to May. But I can’t. Since that day, nobody’s ever seen her again. I shudder to think what Dawn did to her.

But it only got worse from there. Dawn was convinced that her team’s death was due to a lack of strength, a lack of power. She became obsessed with power. She spent every minute of her time training or battling, she became more determined, more ruthless in her fights. She rebuilt her team with new additions, and she cut her ties with everyone she was close to. She became more tense, more unstable, and things looked like they were going to break.

Then, one day, two years after the Empoleon incident, she went on a long journey. Nobody saw her for five months. During this time, Cynthia stepped in as a replacement Champion, holding the position for Dawn, relinquishing it when she returned. And Dawn eventually did return. And that’s when things broke.

The reason for her absence quickly became apparent. Within her team was one new addition, contained within the elusive Master Ball: Arceus. Dawn had captured a god and subjected it to her will. With its aid, she attained godlike power.

And so began the new world order. With the backing of a deity, Dawn instituted a rule of power – not just in Sinnoh, but around the whole world. With the power of a god behind her, none could stop her influence. In the new reality, the powerful thrived. Those with power were elevated and privileged, those without were disenfranchised and neglected. The gym leaders; the Elite 4; they all were powerful Trainers. As such, they all prospered under the new world order. No one was left who could stop her: anyone who had the slightest inkling of a chance would have to be a powerful trainer, and thus would benefit under her rule.

And that brings us to today. It’s been about 20 years since Dawn returned with Arceus. In that time, the world has changed beyond recognition. The gyms have become places of rule – or rather, of tyranny – rather than places of sport. The League has become far more difficult – it still exists, given how well it fits in with the philosophy of Darwinism – but the gym leaders no longer go easy on new trainers, or hand out badges for effort. A trainer is only allowed one Pokemon now, only allowed one more every fifty wins. The strong become stronger, the weak are oppressed.

But the most prominent change is the rise of the Church of Dawn. With her godlike power, people starting to whisper of Dawn as a “Goddess”. The notion caught her interest, and she set up the Church of Dawn, a wholly narcissistic entity created to worship her and elevate her to godhood. The Church, which preaches the ideal of strength over all, was established as the world Religion. Participation and worship were mandatory. Today, it is through the Church of Dawn that Dawn acts. They serve as an autonomous secret police for her, detaining those who refuse to worship, attacking and subduing those who would dare rise up against her. These people are never seen again. But I’m sure you know all this. You’ve grown up with it, after all.

I’m sorry for the lot of you; it’s a terrible world that you’ve been born into. You’re all what, eighteen? You don’t know what it was like before, and as a survivor, it’s my duty to tell you about it.

It’s a wretched world we find ourselves in. But it’s nice to know that not everyone accepts it. It’s nice to know that there are people – strong people – who are willing to stand up against Dawn’s reign of terror. All of you have proven yourselves exceptionally strong; yet none of you took on the League challenge, none of you attempted to increase your team allowance through the fifty-victory regulation. All of you have shown a desire to fight the system. And that’s the key thing here.

With all that said, this orientation is now over. The name’s Lucas, and welcome to Team Dusk. Welcome to the Resistance.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things to note about this RP:

1) I will not be participating. I will be playing the role of the NPC, that is, all characters not controlled by RPers. I will provide mission briefs and I will outline story events.

2) This is not a wholly freeform RP. I will dictate what events occur and what goals must be accomplish, and these goals must be accomplished. What you do to achieve the goals, though, is entirely up to you.

3) This is not a solo RP. You will be expected to interact with your fellow RPers to achieve results.

4) This RP will be run by 2 mods: Myself as well as Kaito.

5) For the purpose of this RP, you will be allowed only one Pokemon until the storyteller (AKA me) indicates otherwise. That said, the Pokemon can be any Pokemon you choose, barring legendaries or pseudo-legendaries. Furthermore, if another person has indicated his or her desired Pokemon before you, you may not choose that Pokemon. This is on a First come, First Served basis.

6) While there is no time limit for the events, if an event is taking too long, I will step in and intervene by imposing a "posts left" counter. Should the counter tick down to zero before the events are resolved, a bad end will be triggered. Following that, the option to retry the mission will be available; all RPers will edit their posts which relate to the mission to become blank posts, and the mission will restart from time zero.

7) This RP is rated 16+. Swearing is fine so long as you keep a certain 4-letter word out of it. Sexual implications or allusions are fine so long as you make them subtle and not overt. Gore and Violence is expected and encouraged. Homosexual overtones will be present later on, so if you're homophobic, don't come anywhere near this one.

8) Your character must like Whimsicotts. This is a requirement and is non-negotiable. (Okay not really. But Still. Whimsicotts <3)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECRUITMENT

Joining the fight is simple. Leave the name of your OC in a reply here, along with a Pokemon you wish to use. RPers who join after the initial sign-up stage will enter the story as reinforcements.

Roster:

Name: Josh Elders. Partner: Bruiser - Venusaur

Name: Daniel Lemmel. Partner: Lenna - Gardevoir

Name: Color. Partner: Leafeon

Name: Zeke "Lupus" Valentine. Partner: Lobo - Houndoom

Name: Aeon. Partner: Sedona - Scizor

Name: Rin Etsuki. Partner: Furcht - Drapion

Name: Kael Nox. Partner: Kaine - Luxray

Name: Devon "Bereft" McElveen. Partner: Pearl - Espeon

Name: Camilla Valerie Mathilda Elinor von Schwartzer AKA Aruma. Partner: Fluffy - Tyranitar

Name: Jory. Partner: Shredder - Zangoose

Name: Odin Totsuya. Partner: Twilight - Mismagius

Misc. Things:

Credits to DeviantArt's shapesfactory for the image used.

A great Thank You to Kaito for agreeing to help mod this admittedly ambitious RP.

Edited by King Murdoc

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well this seems like it well be interesting so i will join as well.

I will be using Josh Elders if its ok(its the only one that I have anyway if need be i can change things around with him because thats how i made him very basic and easily changed) and he will have his Venasaur known as Bruiser.

Edited by rustytengo

((Is it alright If I join as someone else's pokemon? We could do a sort of tag-team style of roleplay and use the Reborn Messenger system as a sort of hive-mind between us. If not, I'll get to work making my own human to drag around after my pokemon.

Also, are mega-evos and gen6 pokemon off the table?))

Sorry, but I'd like to keep the main cast human as far as possible. If you want a tag team, that's fine, but you need to justify the hive mind and you need to write the actions of both chars. Also, no megas, but gen 6 pokes are ok.

well this seems like it well be interesting so i will join as well.

I will be using Josh Elders if its ok(its the only one that I have anyway if need be i can change things around with him because thats how i made him very basic and easily changed) and he will have his Venasaur known as Bruiser.

sure^^

I must admit, I'm impressed. I'll take things a swing at this.

Name and Partner?

((The plot sounds really good, and I really would like to join, but I'm terrible at playing hero type characters...and anti-hero types. They always turn out boring and one dimensional, and I grow sick of playing them rather quickly. My vampire is really the only good humanoid character I can play without losing interest. :/ I wish you good luck on your roleplay, though; I'll probably read it from the perspective of the thread lurker. ))

Well I just joined this forum but I happen to be a big fan of roleplaying, so I might as well join in. However, I need to warn everyone that weekends are problematic for me, and I am rarely able to post anything anywhere on saturdays and sundays. Due to this, if the sign-up stage closes today or tomorrow and people start roleplaying on sunday, I am afraid I won't be able to post anything untill monday... Also, I am GMT+1, just so you know.

Finally, a question: I have seen a topic where people post the characters they create for the various roleplays... Is it mandatory for me to post there and to create a charcter before I can enlist here? Or can I just come up with a character right here and right now, upon joining? I will wait untill this question is answered before submitting my name/character, because it will ofc depend on the answer to the question...

As for the partner, I have a couple of options in mind, the most porminent being Tyrannitar (possibly my overall second favorite Pokemon ever, with the absolute first being Salamence which however is not available for this RP, because apparently Pseudo-Legendaries are forbidden), however I have a question on this regard too: is it just an anime-ish environment when a Pokemon has not a maximum limit of moves learned and can freely interact with the environment, or must we follow a game-like pattern? Also, must we start with the fully evolved partner, or can we train it over time?

EDIT: corrected typos

Edited by Tomas Elliot

Well I just joined this forum but I happen to be a big fan of roleplaying, so I might as well join in. However, I need to warn everyone that weekends are problematic for me, and I am rarely able to post anything anywhere on saturdays and sundays. Due to this, if the sign-up stage closes today or tomorrow and people start roleplaying on sunday, I am afraid I won't be able to post anything untill monday... Also, I am GMT+1, just so you know.

Finally, a question: I have seen a topic where people post the characters they create for the various roleplays... Is it mandatory for me to post there and to create a charcter before I can enlist here? Or can I just come up with a character right here and right now, upon joining? I will wait untill this question is answered before submitting my name/character, because it will ofc depend on the answer to the question...

As for the partner, I have a couple of options in mind, the most porminent being Tyrannitar (possibly my overall second favorite Pokemon ever, with the absolute first being Salamence which however is not available for this RP, because apparently Pseudo-Legendaries are forbidden), however I have a question on this regard too: is it just an anime-ish environment when a Pokemon has not a maximum limit of moves learned and can freely interact with the environment, or must we follow a game-like pattern? Also, must we start with the fully evolved partner, or can we train it over time?

EDIT: corrected typos

Timing is fine; RP on your own time. However, if there are missions to be accomplished, I highly reconmend granting others the right to control your character so that the interaction doesn't just stop.

As to the second query, yes. The character you submit here should be posted in that other thread. Please read it for examples of what to include in your description

As to the third question, It is preferable to start with the fully-evolved partner - your character is supposed to be a strong Trainer, after all. As for battling, the rule is no-holds-barred. Your Pokemon will not have a max number of moves, and it will be able to interact with whatever environmental factor you want it to. Adding on, how vicious you want to be is also up to you. You may decide whether to simply defeat your opponent, or go for the kill. Do note, though, that the other trainers and the leaders of Team Dusk may not be too receptive of excessive viciousness.

Also, it would really help to get used to the formatting on this site; for the purpose of this thread and the RP, please leave an empty line between each paragraph.

Finally, sign-in will last indefinitely, but the first arc will begin (tentatively) when I have ten people. (May change this goal, depending on response to this topic)

My Character's name is Alvin "Nocturne" Jones on the RP Character forums. He has a Volcorona named Iudicium to use at his disposal. Armed with Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz, Giga Drain, and Quiver Dance (at the end anyways) he has been with Al since childhood as an egg.

There, I created my character. I apologize for the delay, I had to work on my fanfiction and I lost the cognition of time flow... But here I am!

So yeah, the name is Aruma, and as mentioned in the profile she specializes in Dark types, of which she possesses a wide array... For this roleplay she will of course start with only one in accord to the rules: I had previously mentioned that I wanted to use Tyrannitar, adding that "I will use it because I cannot use Salamence, given that pseudo-legendaries are not allowed", but now that I think about it Tyrannitar is a pseudo-legendary itself... So yeah, am I actually allowed to use it? If not, Honchkrow will do just as fine, even if I would REALLY prefer Tyrannitar if possible...

Edited by Tomas Elliot

There, I created my character. I apologize for the delay, I had to work on my fanfiction and I lost the cognition of time flow... But here I am!

So yeah, the name is Aruma, and as mentioned in the profile she specializes in Dark types, of which she possesses a wide array... For this roleplay she will of course start with only one in accord to the rules: I had previously mentioned that I wanted to use Tyrannitar, adding that "I will use it because I cannot use Salamence, given that pseudo-legendaries are not allowed", but now that I think about it Tyrannitar is a pseudo-legendary itself... So yeah, am I actually allowed to use it? If not, Honchkrow will do just as fine, even if I would REALLY prefer Tyrannitar if possible...

TTar is fine. The Pseudo-Legendary rule is to stop stupid things like Hydreigon sweeps. TTar is defensively oriented, so it's fine. I'll add your name to the list once I get home

Edited by Acquiescence

Ok, thanks a lot :)

Ummmm... I took a look at your character profile, and some of the things give me concerns about it being a bit Sue-ish. Would you mind changing her full name to something more realisitic, as well as possibly removing her "perfect vision in the dark" thing? I wouldn't want any of the recruits to have innate special powers which elevate them above their peers. The empathy thing is fine, so long as you keep it to allied Pokemon. Make it less of being able to understand each other, and more of some chemical-level attraction Dark-types feel towards her. Also, what's your TTar's nickname?

I want to join, but I'll make my character tomorrow if it's fine by you. For now I'll say my partner is Zweilous and I'm not sure whether or not I could evolve it later, so answer this question please (I still plan to keep it if you say no). Also it's nickname is Furcht, german for fear/dread.

I want to join, but I'll make my character tomorrow if it's fine by you. For now I'll say my partner is Zweilous and I'm not sure whether or not I could evolve it later, so answer this question please (I still plan to keep it if you say no). Also it's nickname is Furcht, german for fear/dread.

Sorry, but I'd rather none of the recruits has a member of a Pseudo-legendary's evolutionary line, because it will undoubtedly evolve over the events of the RP (trust me on this one, your Pokemon will be getting a LOT of exp). Any other Pokemon choices?

Sorry, but I'd rather none of the recruits has a member of a Pseudo-legendary's evolutionary line, because it will undoubtedly evolve over the events of the RP (trust me on this one, your Pokemon will be getting a LOT of exp). Any other Pokemon choices?

How about Drapion, with the same nickname.

so curious me. is there anything that you would need for me to change with my character for the story.

Not really, just: "very smart but does just not show it often""

Please try not to make him act like an idiot. If he's intelligent, let him show it. In a life-or-death situation like the one in this RP, hiding any talents among the group does not help anyone.

Not really, just: "very smart but does just not show it often""

Please try not to make him act like an idiot. If he's intelligent, let him show it. In a life-or-death situation like the one in this RP, hiding any talents among the group does not help anyone.

I was planing on making him more serious minded for this because of that. though he probably will still be weird and idiotic at points because he is based off of me to an extent and that's how i am.