Blue Exorcist

chuckles

well i just watched this whole series in about 2 days, and i liked it a lot but felt it should've been longer, perhaps with more character development and more about the world and the types of demons.

Anyhoo, has anybody else seen it? what are your thoughts?

They ended it that way because they were catching up with the manga at that point. Hence all the filler halfway through. But that's how things work when you only have 25 episodes to work with and you need to end a series. It would have been different if it was confirmed to have a second season back then. They probably would have stuck to canon material and just found a nice little stopping point. Regardless, I still enjoyed it overall. Some parts more than others, and it's filler content I actually enjoyed. The soundtrack is amazing, and one of my favorites to listen to. If it ever gets an anime rework like FMA did, it will definitely be my favorite anime.(even though it already is.) Anyway. I'd suggest reading the manga until that fateful day. It's a real treat, and has currently went through a shocking plot twist...

Yea i did some research and found that the last 7 or 8 episodes were completely anime-exclusive material...i liked it a lot though but i mean from the beginning it was such a big idea, i feel like there was so much that was never covered. Like what Gehenna is like, or who the other 7 demon kings are besides amaimon. i might read the manga then but i'm really hoping for a new season or something now.

As far as anime-exclusive endings go though they could've done much worse. Inuyasha final cut worse.