Shiny Starter?

Vergil the Dark Master

I actually got a shiny Charmander with Solar Power on my 6th try restarting the game. I kept restarting because cain was smoking me and i wanted all the experience so i could have Ember when i left the building. To bad it was Lax.

The odds of getting a shiny starter are the exact same as a Pokemon in the wild being shiny. Just keep trying and you'll get it!

P.S. Pokemon appear shiny in this game far more often than in other games, so hopefully it won't take too many attempts.

I actually check bulbapedia now to make sure the shiny version of things look good and if so, I'll keep aiming for shiny.

But too many shiny pokemon actually look worse than the non-shiny. In the real games though, all shinies are caught!

Personally think I like the Reborn direction with shiny pokemon.

• 10 months later...

Hey buddy, might wanna check the dates on the topics before you make a post. The topic is at least 10 months old so it would be better off making a new one for future reference. Anyway, considering this topic is older, these people had received a shiny charmander before a lot of our community spriters helped create new shiny sprites. The most recent design for charmander happens to be the one you currently speak of.