Rounding out my team for Agate Circus

ChmmrAgent

Since you can't go back for several badges, I wanted to make sure I have my team lined up before going.  My current roster is:

Mismagius

Shadow Ball

Mystical Fire

Power Gem

Nasty Plot

Tsareena(Queenly Majesty)

Hi Jump Kick 

Power Whip

Play Rough

Synthesis

Flygon

Earthquake

Rock Slide

Dragon Claw

Dragon Dance 

Silvally

Multiattack

X Scissor

Iron Head

Metal Hound

(I want Silvally on my team, but I'm not 100% sure of the best direction to take him.  What's a good MS for a Silvally?)

I like to change up my team every few gyms, and I've already used Incineroar, Toxicroak, Grumpig, Masquerian, Scolipede, Walrein, Palossand, and Roserade, so I won't include those.  But other than that, I'm totally open to suggestions!

Well you don’t really have anything with Flying moves, which can honestly sweep Samson (the fighting gym leader of Agate Circus). I’d recommend maybe getting a Vivillon? Vivillon can be terrifyingly powerful with the right move set. With the compound eyes ability and a wide lens she never misses a hurricane. Start off by sleep powdering the opponent, quiver dance a couple times and use hurricane to completely sweep teams. You can also use bug buzz to deal with pesky Psychic and Dark types from Radomas and Luna.

When it comes to Silvally I’m not the best to recommend as I’ve never really used it before.

Another Pokémon I’d recommend is Magnezone. You can pick up magnemite from Shades Gym and if you have the Yureyu Key (you may have to wait til after agate for that I don’t remember for sure, but either way Magneton is still great) you can evolve magneton in the locked room in the gym. Magneton is great for the dealing with Ciel and her flying type Pokémon. Also his sturdy ability is great for getting off revives, metal sound for added weaknesses, or anything you think may be beneficial.

Lastly, aside from Flygon (if it uses dragon dance) your team doesn’t appear to be the quickest. It might be worth looking into Solrock/Lunatone as a Trick Room setter (or another Pokémon that can use it) so that way you can move first against the many speedy Pokémon you’ll be facing. 

Edited by jbastian1

My team is pretty fast actually, Mismagius and silvally have base speeds of 105 and 95 respectively and I've maxed their speed EVs.

Vivillion is a good idea, I hadn't thought of it before.  Don't think I can get magneton yet, sadly.

I was thinking of Araquanid and Talonflame, maybe Gardevoir as a backup.  Are those good?

On 1/5/2019 at 8:04 PM, ChmmrAgent said:

My team is pretty fast actually, Mismagius and silvally have base speeds of 105 and 95 respectively and I've maxed their speed EVs.

Vivillion is a good idea, I hadn't thought of it before.  Don't think I can get magneton yet, sadly.

I was thinking of Araquanid and Talonflame, maybe Gardevoir as a backup.  Are those 

Special defensive Araquanid with Sticky web probably will be a great asset to your team (for 1 of the 4 upcoming gyms). Especially with mediocre speeded mons like yours and gardevoir. Gardevoir is nice too, also because a fairy type is always helpfull. 

You can get a magnemite at the tunnels in route 3 now I believe. Not sure though. It's one of the places you're about to go so be sure to look it up first.

Maybe aerodactyl is good for your team as well. Some rock type damage of your team wouldn't hurt and it's fast as hell. 

Right, thanks for the advice, everyone.  I liked the team well enough, but I've beaten Ciel and I want to try something new, so here's the current team I'm planning to build

Mamoswine

Earthquake

Icicle Crash

Ice Shard

Stealth Rock

Sigilyph@light clay

Psychic

Air Slash

Light Screen

Reflect

Bisharp

Night Slash(can you get knock off in this game?)

Iron Head

Sucker Punch

Swords Dance

Whimsicott

Giga Drain

Moonblast

Encore

Leech Seed

Rotom Heat

Overheat

Discharge

Thunder Wave

Dunno... Hex? Taking suggestions here 

Toxapex  with Merciless and black sludge

Toxic

Venoshock

Haze?

Dunno, surf later changed to scald?

I've been wanting to use all of these mons for a while now and I like that most of them have some utility moves, but I'm not really sure about Toxapex's moveset.  Is it worth it to breed haze onto him?  Should I use toxic or Toxic Spikes? Is baneful bunker worth it?  As always, I'm eager for suggestions and any advice!

Baneful Bunker is amazing. Also, I cannot tell you the amount of times Haze has nerfed all the buffs ive made so it is certainly a good mon. That being said, I rarely encountered myself losing due to the opponent buffing, so it might not be worth it. Cant hurt to have it though and you can always re-learn it if you think you need it for a specific fight.