The Tournament threw something at Me that I'm never gonna get over.

ShadeStrider

There’s plenty of ways to beat it other than knock off

Spoiler

Personally, I just used a normal potion after the Aron used endeavor so next turn it wasn’t able to use its shell bell to go back up to full. Alternatively you could try burning, paralyzing, confusing, or putting it to sleep. You could also use something with mold breaker or a move that has negative priority so that you attack after the endeavor making it so it doesn’t regain hp. If worse comes to worst you can ultimately just pp stall

Just now, Lucky98 said:

There’s plenty of ways to beat it other than knock off

Hide contents

Personally, I just used a normal potion after the Aron used endeavor so next turn it wasn’t able to use its shell bell to go back up to full. Alternatively you could try burning, paralyzing, confusing, or putting it to sleep. You could also use something with mold breaker or a move that has negative priority so that you attack after the endeavor making it so it doesn’t regain hp. If worse comes to worst you can ultimately just pp stall

Trust me, I know all the methods.

It's still a troll move.

9 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Hide contents

Re: "Really Jan?" Jan didn't make those battles, Azery did iirc. Usually Alex and Azery are the ones who handle battle data, while Jan gives feedback and/or guidelines for important battles like against Gym Leaders.

My Mistake. Really, Azery?

Air Slash is easily obtainable and has a 30% chance to trigger. You can also use someone like Bruxish, or Tsareena to get rid of priority. I believe they are level 1, so you are basically guaranteed to be faster.

I was using Misty Terrain Dual Screens Meowstic, Sylveon, and Gear Shift Sudowoodo for most of the tournament battles, so I'd faint the Fighting-type (can't remember what it was exactly) with Meowstic, then switch into Sylveon and Draining Kiss the little Fears.

I actually didnt realize they were a FEAR strategy until I saw the level, I just did what I always do and used sleep powder with vivillion. 

It's a set that's easy to counter. But It can catch anyone not prepared off guard. I don't blame Huey for losing. That biker brought a Revolver to a gunfight.

When I saw that the Donphan was level 1, I was like, "Oh, you've got to be kidding me...". If you see this in your first playthrough of the game, then you'll be prepared for it on your second.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1